Olympic Eating With Team GB ** COMPLETED - WDW & DCL**

Count me in to those who have not seen MBBQ reviews. It looks amazing though! I wish we both would enjoy buffets more, as this looks really nice. And I love the fact that there are characters, but they are not "interfering" with my dining. :rotfl2:
Oh, and Mickey Bars for dessert - now that is absolutely heavenly!

Thanks for another great review, Linda!

Another one here who has never before seen a Backyard BBQ reivew. The food looked really good - especially your salmon.

Loving the cupcake science lessons lol they really are served too cold and need time to reach room temperature before eating. But, who has the willpower to let that ever happed :rotfl2:

I'm loving your cupcake science lesson! Who knew Disboards were so educational? :lmao:

You know Lynda, you really are an inspiration to me. Last time we went to WDW after you I was inspired to drink around the world! This time I will be hunting those cupcakes down.

There may still be a fair bit of drinking going on too.....:rolleyes1

Can't wait for more!

What an accolade, I am driving people to drink :lmao:

Really enjoyed your BBQ review, havent seen much information on this one before.:)

The food looked good and the characters costumes were so cute!

You're right, you don't see many reviews of this one so I hope this helps a few people :goodvibes

Great review of Mickey's BBQ. That is one I have not really heard much on. I love the picture of the characters :goodvibes

They do look cute in their western outfits don't they :)

I'll agree with the others and say that I haven't seen many reviews of this so it was a pleasant surprise! The food looks very good and it sounds like a fun time. Thanks for your review on this!

I must admit, I didn't expect much from the food and it was a pleasant surprise to me to :thumbsup2

I am another Diser that has not seen a Mickey's Backyard BBQ review! It sounds like a lot of fun and of course I'm a huge fan of BBQ so I can totally see doing this some day. Good thing I'm married to a carnivour that loves BBQ as well! :thumbsup2 The only unexpected part of your review for me was dessert... maybe I'm confusing Hoop De Doo but I would have thought they would have done something more in line with a BBQ like strawberry shortcake or apple pie or ?? something pic nicy! :laughing: But hey, Mickey bars - you can NEVER go wrong with those babies!! :love:

And... you did not let us down with the photo of the middle of your marble cup cake - for that you are awarded the title of Lady Linda Disboard Princess of the day! princess: :banana:

Hmmm... can't wait for your next review. I'm already trying to guess. :)

Yay, finally I am a Princess princess:

Oh by the way,you are correct, the Strawberry Shortcake is served at the Hoop Dee Doo Review and it's fab :cloud9:

Hey Linda, when I saw the title of your latest update and saw the words 'Mickey's Backyard BBQ', I was a tad surprised, to say the least. I wasn't expecting it to have been your choice but nor did I imagine it would be your hubby's bag either. It does sound like you had a great time though and the food looked good. I love cornbread so could happily have eaten a plate of that with a side of ribs and chicken ;);)

Did you get up and dance?

And, by the way, may I say how lovely it is to see some pictures of you in this dining report :thumbsup2

Of course I danced, you would be amazed at my line dancing abilities :rolleyes:

Count me in to those who have not seen MBBQ reviews. It looks amazing though! I wish we both would enjoy buffets more, as this looks really nice. And I love the fact that there are characters, but they are not "interfering" with my dining. :rotfl2:
Oh, and Mickey Bars for dessert - now that is absolutely heavenly!

Thanks for another great review, Linda!

It was like my best dream ever, a freezer full of Mickey Bars and unlimited beer and wine :rotfl:

Another one here who has never before seen a Backyard BBQ reivew. The food looked really good - especially your salmon.

Loving the cupcake science lessons lol they really are served too cold and need time to reach room temperature before eating. But, who has the willpower to let that ever happed :rotfl2:

The salmon was delicious and it was so kind of the chef to prepare it for me.
I would have been more than satisfied with just the salads and sides from the buffet but the salmon just made the meal fabulous :cloud9:
I hear ya on the cupcakes, I would be staring at it drumming my fingers on the table if I couldn't eat it right away :thumbsup2

I've just done a double take at your choice of Mickey's backyard bbq.

So nice to see a positive review of it. We are trying it in October for the first time.

So excited to see a review for Mickey's Backyard BBQ! I've been fascinated by this enigma of a meal. I'd love to do it sometime.

Tuesday 22nd May 2012

Magic Kingdom

Today we headed to the Magic Kingdom and after watching the opening show we picked up some Space Mountain FPs and then headed straight to the Main Street Bakery :goodvibes

There was quite a few people in line when we arrived but it moved quickly and soon enough we were sitting outside at our favourite spot enjoying our treats

a5005c3b.jpg

Paradise!

This is just such a wonderful place to sit and enjoy your breakfast, so peaceful :cloud9:

I knew exactly what I wanted before I arrived!

b738cc83.jpg

d49564a0.jpg

Cinnamon Roll – Main Street Bakery

This was good but not the greatest Cinnamon Roll I have ever had, it wasn’t quite as ‘gooey’ as I would like, but sitting at these lovely little tables just off Main Street more than made up for this

This was DHs choice

cd2c3326.jpg

Blueberry Muffin

He loved this and commented how wonderfully fresh it was :thumbsup2

We spent most of the morning visiting our favourite attractions and playing the Sorcerers Of The Magic Kingdom game (loved this!)

e7464b1b.jpg

As we were strolling through Adventure Land we stopped off for a little treat

fb2ab827.jpg

661ce7dc.jpg

Citrus Swirl - orange slush with vanilla soft-serve ice cream

I’d read about the return of this old classic before our trip and it wasn’t something that we had ever tried so we picked two up and sat on a nearby bench to enjoy it.

These were a great treat on a hot day and we both really enjoyed them

If this was in a showdown with a Dole Whip, the Dole Whip would win though ;)

After a few more rides we were beginning to feel peckish and just happened to be strolling through Liberty Square past Sleepy Hollow

afab770a.jpg

Nutella and Fresh Fruit Waffle Sandwich

Yes, I know – not really a healthy lunch option is it, but at least we shared it between us and it did have some fruit on it :rolleyes1

The waffle itself was light and fluffy and the strawberries and blueberries were fresh and juicy.

At the risk of sounding like a complete glutton, I think it would have benefitted from some whipped cream as the nutella made the overall texture a little dry

Now that I had crossed off yet another of my ‘Must Try Snacks’ from my list we continued our way around MK before heading back to SSR for some relaxing pool time

23f02419.jpg

Well I did say ‘relaxing’ :laughing:

Coming Up Next - Earl Of Sandwich and Goofy’s Snack Company

Ahhhh, the nutella waffle is looking heavenly. Cannot wait to devour one....:faint:

BTW, I've been waiting for this review and looking, but couldn't find it until I did a search. :confused3

But I am glad I found it!
And are you going to do a cruise-food review? Would LOVE that!

Thanks, Linda, as always for great reviews!

I've just done a double take at your choice of Mickey's backyard bbq.

So nice to see a positive review of it. We are trying it in October for the first time.

I like to surprise people :thumbsup2
Your little girl will have such a wondeful time at the BBQ, tell her to get her best dancing shoes on :goodvibes

So excited to see a review for Mickey's Backyard BBQ! I've been fascinated by this enigma of a meal. I'd love to do it sometime.

Isn't it strange how nobody ever seems to review it :confused3

Ahhhh, the nutella waffle is looking heavenly. Cannot wait to devour one....:faint:

Ask for whipped cream on top ;)

BTW, I've been waiting for this review and looking, but couldn't find it until I did a search. :confused3

But I am glad I found it!
And are you going to do a cruise-food review? Would LOVE that!

Thanks, Linda, as always for great reviews!

Hey thanks for joining in :goodvibes
I 'may' do a cruise food review, just not sure if this is the right sub forum to do it on :confused3

Downtown Disney Morning

Today was our last full day at WDW :sad:

After my early morning run we decided to cheer ourselves up with a stroll over to DTD for breakfast at Wolfgang Puck’s Express, something we had be meaning to do for some time but had never quite got round to

It was a beautiful morning and the walk over from Saratoga Springs is a wonderful way to start the day :goodvibes

55a38a7f.jpg

The Walkway To DTD

Time to get that list out again!!

I knew exactly what I wanted when we arrived at WPE, so we quickly placed our orders, picked up our coffees and headed outside to enjoy the morning sun

In no time at all I am sure I heard choirs of angels singing as this work of art was delivered to our table :littleangel:

bda90435.jpg

Crispy Cornflake French Toast - served with seasonal fruit

So I did that thing that I always do when a dish such as this is placed before me; I roll my eyes and comment on what a ridiculously large portion it is and how totally unnecessary and then proceed to eat the lot :rolleyes1

It was heaven on a plate, I LOVED it !!!!!

I think that it was a sourdough bread that was used and it was actually very light and fresh (I use the word light loosely) the cornflakes were crushed slightly, so the texture wasn’t too sharp or harsh

A little bit of maple syrup was applied, just in case anyone was concerned that I wasn’t getting enough carbs this morning ;)

10 out of 10 people ...... 10 out of 10 :worship:

Now onto DHs far less sugar laden choice

He really just wanted scrambled egg, bacon and some breakfast potatoes so he actually just ordered three sides.

Cost wise it was actually an inexpensive way of ordering but it looked kind of odd when the three plates were delivered :rotfl:

e8704a0d.jpg

Bacon, Breakfast Potatoes and Scrambled Eggs

I occasionally managed to lift my face out of my plate to check on how he was doing and he said that everything was delicious.

The eggs were creamy and fluffy and the bacon was nice and crispy.

The potatoes had a light seasoning which he loved, so overall a very successful breakfast and an experience we will be sure to repeat :thumbsup2

Speaking of experiences, we finally got round to something we had wanted to do whilst at DTD for a very long time

d8072b08.jpg

“Yo Ho Ho and A Plate Of French Toast”

I can’t believe we haven’t done this before, what fun!

We sailed our little vessel on our ‘mini breakfast cruise’ from DTD to Port Orleans and then on to Old Key West :boat:

5c90ee4d.jpg

Sassagoula River

Once we had returned the boat we headed off for some last minute shopping around DTD and picked up a couple of snacks to take back to the resort with us

fa06c772.jpg

Babycakes

I was intrigued by this place and had read some good reviews. Everything that they produce is both vegan and gluten free

The girl standing next to me in line had a gluten allergy and was almost in tears of joy to discover she could order a variety dozen of donuts

I chose this ....

29eaf521.jpg

Lemon Cupcake

It was wonderful, very light and fresh with a zesty lemon flavor. Nothing lacking in the cupcake that's for sure

We also popped into the Candy Cauldron to pick up some gifts for back home and one of these for us to share

43cc9c4a.jpg

Chocolate Covered Pretzel

This was fab as a treat for back in the room with a cup of coffee

Oh and we just had to get these, such a cool box

b5bb218a.jpg

Chocolate Covered Peanuts

Shopping done, we hopped onto the resort boat and headed back to SSR around lunch time

Next Up .... Lunch At The Paddock Grill, Saratoga Springs

And here we go again .....

another great review, Linda. :thumbsup2

Hm, Wolfgang Puck's Express .... never heard of it :rotfl2: ...... seriously - I am glad you enjoyed breakfast at my favourite eatery! :goodvibes
I tried the French Toast a few years ago and while it was super good, I could not finish it! :laughing:
Hm, now I am undecided again. I read a few mediocre reviews of Babycakes, but now after reading yours - I just love everything "lemon". Well, it can't hurt giving it a try, can it. ;)

Oh, and btw, do we get that promised extra - the cruise food review?

Great update. I am :rotfl: at your hubby's 3 'sides'. I do hope he just combined the three onto one plate and ate them, rather than keeping them separate.

I hate to be contrary but I really didn't like the cornflake french toast. Got to say that mine was far more done than yours seemed to be so maybe at was it. The flavour was great but it was so hard to eat, it hurt my mouth. D, DS and I actually shared it so we only had one piece each but it was more than enough. I was really diappointed because I wanted so badly to love it and I had waited so long to try it. I'm glad you enjoyed it though :thumbsup2

Count me in with Karin as another one who is on the fence about Babycakes. The cupcakes look really dry and uninspiring, however, if our resident cupcake scientist thinks it was OK, then who am I to disagree ;)

Love the box of chocolate with the monorail. :thumbsup2

Linda, I'm so excited to see another WPE review - and for my favorite meal too!!! :woohoo::woohoo: I've read so much about the french toast but I don't recall seeing a photo so thanks for satisfying my curiosity. I seriously need a 3 week trip to WDW to cram in all of the delicious food I want to try.

How awesome that you run in the mornings while on holiday even. That's one thing I don't faithfully do while on vacation. :rolleyes1

Please, please share your cruise food reviews as well. I know others have and I think it is a real treat to get the contrast between the land/sea based dining experiences. :banana:

Ok, after reading all of Karin's reviews and now yours, we really need to get to WPE for breakfast this trip! And I know we will be trying that french toast if we do!

Glad you enjoyed babycakes ... DS and I were very disappointed with our treats last year & vowed not to return. Maybe we'll reconsider ...

And yes, please share your Cruise food with us!

I just went back to my October photos and checked, for comparison and I was correct.

419.jpg

As you can see, mine was definitely more overdone. On that basis, and since I enjoyed the taste of the toast, just not the texture, I might give WPE another try for breakfast.

In no time at all I am sure I heard choirs of angels singing as this work of art was delivered to our table :littleangel:

bda90435.jpg

Crispy Cornflake French Toast - served with seasonal fruit

Yay!!! It's the elusive Crispy Cornflake French Toast, which was MIA when we were there on May 17th! Apparently the Florida cornflake shortage ended and it made its return the following week. :rotfl: I can see now that it is in fact made with bagels...something I learned from a helpful DISer after my WPE review. :) It sure does look yummy!!! Maybe I'll give it a try on my next visit to WPE. Although, it would be really hard not to get that delicious breakfast pocket again. Ahhh...the difficult choices we are forced to make! :lmao:

I just went back to my October photos and checked, for comparison and I was correct.

419.jpg

As you can see, mine was definitely more overdone. On that basis, and since I enjoyed the taste of the toast, just not the texture, I might give WPE another try for breakfast.

:scared1: Now that one is on the dark side! No wonder it was all hard and hurt your mouth.
And if you don't feel like something sweet for breakfast - try the breakfast pizza. It is out of this world good!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

So glad I found your food report :goodvibes It was a really good read and I have added EOS on my 'to do' list for December. I too love the Plaza at MK and am going to try and book it for Christmas Eve.

Thanks for sharing Linda :thumbsup2

Wow, I'm another one who has never seen a review of Mickey's Backyard Barbecue. Oh man - it looks so good! I am a huge fan of potato salad and bbq, so I'm sure I would love this meal.

I really need to go to WPE. Your french toast looks so yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter