Olympic Eating With Team GB ** COMPLETED - WDW & DCL**

Everything at DTD and AK looks great! I don't know how I'll be able to try all of these items, but I'll do my best. :rotfl:

I've just added that jalapeno stuffed pretzel to my list of "must try's" at AK. I think one of those Lost On Safari drinks would be just the thing to accompany it too, LOL. :thumbsup2

Loving your report, looking forward to more! popcorn::

I don't even like tuna and that sandwich looks heavenly!! Your meerkat photo really made me laugh. :lmao: If a restaurant serves a mojito...I will drink it!

Another nice little collection of beverages update :cool1:

The waffle definitely looked as though it was crying out for whipped cream.

I need to add the pretzel to my must have list for August.

The pretzel was fab, I would also highly recommend the cream cheese stuffed pretzel at MK if you havent tried it yet :thumbsup2

Mmmmh, Pretzel for breakfast! :thumbsup2

And the drink looks awesome ..... guess we will have to stop at the Dawa Bar in August! :woohoo:

Hey if I can eat cupcakes and buns for breakfast then a pretzel stuffed with jalepeno is nearly normal :rolleyes1

Joining in on this party a little late, but wow, such a great report. Looking forward to more !!!!!

Never too late to join, the more the merrier :goodvibes

Me too :thumbsup2 We are at AK on 27th August if you want to buy me a drink Karin ;)

That's right girls, make me jealous ;)

Everything at DTD and AK looks great! I don't know how I'll be able to try all of these items, but I'll do my best. :rotfl:

I know what you mean, so many yummy things to try and not enough time (or stomach space :laughing:)

Wow, more great pictures, the list of new food and beverages to try just gets longer and longer!

I love the idea that I am adding to people's 'lists' :thumbsup2

I've just added that jalapeno stuffed pretzel to my list of "must try's" at AK. I think one of those Lost On Safari drinks would be just the thing to accompany it too, LOL. :thumbsup2

Loving your report, looking forward to more! popcorn::

Yay, another list maker :goodvibes

I don't even like tuna and that sandwich looks heavenly!! Your meerkat photo really made me laugh. :lmao: If a restaurant serves a mojito...I will drink it!

Ooh yes, I do enyoy a good mojito as well :thumbsup2

Lunch At Sanaa

Following a wonderful morning at AK it was time to head over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for our lunch ADR at Sanaa

Although we had been to Jambo House before, we had never ventured over to Kidani Village but it was very easy to find and as we were a little early we parked up and explored the resort for a while

We checked in and our buzzer went off less than 5 minutes later and we were lead to our table which was a wonderful 4 top right next to a window

138c1605.jpg

The view 'sans' animals

One of the reasons we had booked lunch rather than dinner was to hopefully see some animals out on the savanna so we were delighted with our window seat

Sanaa really is a beautiful restaurant :goodvibes

6c4b9c1a.jpg

Once our server had introduced herself we ordered our drinks and took some time to read through the menu

Neither of us wanted an appetizer so we went straight for our entrees

This is a great restaurant for any vegetarians out there and as soon as I spotted the vegetarian sampler option I knew that it would be the perfect choice for me :thumbsup2

You have a choice of any two of the following served with either Basmati Rice or Five-grain pilaf:

Paneer Cheese and Spinach 

Stewed Lentils

Spicy Peas
Chickpeas and Potatoes

Spicy Cauliflower,Onions, Tomatoes, and Mint

Vegetable Sambar

Here’s my choice

8673355d.jpg

Vegetarian Sampler - Stewed Lentils & Spicy Cauliflower, Onions, Tomatoes, and Mint served with Five-Grain Pilaf

I absolutely loved this lunch :love:

DH’s face was a picture when I ordered stewed lentils (probably his idea of hell :eek:) but they were absolutely delicious and the spicy cauliflower was packed full of flavor and for my taste, had the perfect amount of spice and heat.

The five-grain pilaf was a really good accompaniment but because I am greedy, I wish that I had ordered some Naan bread as well

And for DH

effa8cbf.jpg

Our Signature Sandwich From the Tandoor Ovens
Served open-faced on Naan Bread with Minted Greens, Tomato, Onion and Grilled Lamb Kefta

Only one slight problem with this, DH really didn’t like the yoghurt sauce and the whole dish was covered in it!!

I really should have been paying more attention when he ordered as he hates the taste of un-sweetened yoghurt (he thinks it tastes of sour milk) so he should have asked for it to be left off or served on the side :guilty:

After a bit of work removing as much of the yoghurt sauce as he could he did manage to eat quite a bit of the lamb which he absolutely loved, again, he said it was packed full of flavor and perfectly spiced

He loved the Naan bread as well so his lunch wasn’t a total bust

We always have room for dessert :rolleyes1

789eed43.jpg

Chai Cream

On the lunch menu this dessert was only offered as part of a three dish dessert sampler but I wasn’t really keen on the other two selections so I asked if it would be possible to have just the Chai Cream on it’s own.

Our server said that wasn’t a problem at all and until recently it had been offered as a stand alone dish anyway :thumbsup2

Well let me tell you this was sensational :cloud9:

One of my fave things to do when I was on board the Fantasy at the beginning of our vacation was to sit in the Cove Cafe, reading a magazine and enjoy a Chai Latte, this dessert took me right back there :goodvibes

Every single spoonful was heavenly, so creamy and light with just a hint of cardamon and cinnamon

I would go back to Sanaa just for this dish, even if it meant subjecting DH to more yoghurt :lmao:

Here is DH’s dessert

2ffb969c.jpg

Mango-Berry Tapioca Pudding

Now I pulled the same face that DH pulled at my stewed lentils when he ordered this

Yuk, Tapioca takes me back to school dinners :sick:

Needless to say, DH virtually licked the glass clean

Each to their own ;)

Coming up next - Yee Haw, We Are Heading To The Riverside

Good to hear that Sanaa didn't disappoint you, as we LOVE the place. I love the sampler too ..... but I go for the meat side. :lmao:
But I might be tempted to try the vegetarian one this summer after seeing yours!
Tom LOVES the chai cream - I loved it in the sampler version, a whole portion was too much for me.
Okay, and imagine how I pulled a face when I saw your DHs tapioca dessert - thanks, but NO thanks! :laughing:

Great reviews as always, Linda, thanks so much!

I LOVE tapioca! My idea of heaven? Chai bubble tea! Would love to combine yours and DH's desserts.

We also love Sanaa. I hope you got to see some animals!

I just decided to give Sanaa another trip mostly for that Chai Cream! We didn't love it last trip but I think it was more us than the restaurant. Figure we will give it one more try and if we don't like it again, we will know that we just don't care for that kind of food.

Hi
I'm really enjoying reading your reviews!! It sounds like you had so much fun!!
I can't wait to go back to DW to try some new snacks!! Thanks for sharing.

Your drink at Dawa Bar looks delicious! I think I might have to make a detour there next trip. I don't think hubby will fight me on an unscheduled stop to a bar. :lmao:

I am totally with your DH on not liking that yogurt stuff all over the Lamb Kefta sandwich. I wish I had known about it when I ordered it as well. I loved the dish other than that yucky yogurt all over it.

Hi Lynda! :)

Glad you enjoyed Sanaa - we loved it when we went for dinner last time. We are trying it for lunch this time (Did I mention - 5 weeks today???!) and I can't wait - I like the look of you DH's naan buttie ;)

What did you have to drink at Sanaa?

Can't wait for more reviews and I promise I will be good and pay more attention! :rotfl2:

We are trying Sanaa for first time for lunch in August and think there might just be a Chai cream in the order, the lentils and tapioca not so likely:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter