OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read through every post, so someone else may have already pointed this out, but I thought I would make sure.

I just called the number listed on page one of this thread for cakes for BoG and was told it is a new number as about a month ago. For MK cakes you now call...
407 824 1763 hours are M-F 9-5 Sat. 10-5 Eastern time. Also they give this email.... guest.services.billing@disneyworld.com
. I just sent an email, but obviously I haven't heard anything. When/if I do I will let you all know, so we can verify that the email is an option as well.

Okay, as I sent this I recieved an email alert, which was the following email in response to the one I just sent.

"Greetings from the Walt Disney World Resort!

Thank you for writing to us. We look forward to assisting you with your billing inquiry.

I want to personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within five days.

We look forward to helping you with your billing needs.

Sincerely,

Debbie Bellavia-Hart
Director, Guest Experience Services"

I didn't have any type of billing question. FYI I will post when they follow up with me.

I ordered from the number on Page 1 approx. 2 weeks ago (Contemporary Private Dining) with no issue so not sure what happened. Sorry

I didn't read through every post, so someone else may have already pointed this out, but I thought I would make sure.

I just called the number listed on page one of this thread for cakes for BoG and was told it is a new number as about a month ago. For MK cakes you now call...
407 824 1763 hours are M-F 9-5 Sat. 10-5 Eastern time. Also they give this email.... guest.services.billing@disneyworld.com

I believe the person you spoke to was misinformed. The number they gave you is a general information line, and the people who answer it will simply transfer you to the main Cake Hotline (listed in Post #1 of this thread).

Custom cakes for the Magic Kingdom are made by the pastry team at the Contemporary Resort, so it's always easiest to call or email them directly at 407-824-2955 or WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com.

I ordered from the number on Page 1 approx. 2 weeks ago (Contemporary Private Dining) with no issue so not sure what happened. Sorry

I believe the person you spoke to was misinformed. The number they gave you is a general information line, and the people who answer it will simply transfer you to the main Cake Hotline (listed in Post #1 of this thread).

Custom cakes for the Magic Kingdom are made by the pastry team at the Contemporary Resort, so it's always easiest to call or email them directly at 407-824-2955 or WDW.Contemporary.Cake.Order@disney.com.

Thank you both. I suspected something like this. Problem is this cake is a surprise for my youngest, so when I call I have to do it without her around...which is seldom. I hate getting run arounds.

When I called the Contemporary and said I wanted to order a custom cake, they have me the email in lurkyloos post. We emailed to work out the details and then I called. Super easy! Go ahead and email first! :)

Ok, I'm deciding what we are going to do. In the past we have almost always ordered from the Contemporary so I have cakemanbrian's email address and just start off by emailing him. Do I use this email that was just posted by lurkyloo? Thanks!

I need to order 2 cakes for our trip in October. We are traveling with friends that will be celebrating birthdays, one has severe allergies so will need the allergy cake, I'm not sure how good they are so I thought if order a regular cake for the rest of us. When should I call to place the order, and can I get them delivered to the hoop dee doo?

. I just sent an email, but obviously I haven't heard anything. When/if I do I will let you all know, so we can verify that the email is an option as well.

Okay, as I sent this I recieved an email alert, which was the following email in response to the one I just sent.

"Greetings from the Walt Disney World Resort!

Thank you for writing to us. We look forward to assisting you with your billing inquiry.

I want to personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the nature of your request and the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within five days.

We look forward to helping you with your billing needs.

Sincerely,

Debbie Bellavia-Hart
Director, Guest Experience Services"

I didn't have any type of billing question. FYI I will post when they follow up with me.

Just a follow up. I received an email today. You of course are correct lurkyloo. However, the woman who gave me the incorrect # to begin with was at the 2955 number. :confused3 I plan on calling the cake hotline number you provide on page one. (and is confirmed in the below email I received.)

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Disney Dining now has a "Cake Hotline" which any guest can call to order
a special celebratory cake at most full service dining locations. The
Cake Hotline number is 407-827-2253 and requires 48 hours notice. These
cakes are the larger specialty cakes, however guests may still request a
6-inch cake (non-personalized) upon arrival at the restaurant podium for
$21.00 + tax (no advance notice required).

I believe this option would be perfect for both of your requests!!

Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Richard Fintz

WDW Online Communications

Want to order a 10 " cake at WL. is there a way to see what options are available for the top? Also, we are staying CL...will ipo work with the bakery to set up something special in room, or do I need to coordinate that?

Quick question about timing - I'll be ordering a cake for my birthday at CRT in mid-October.

I would want to email about 4 weeks in advance. Does it make sense to order September 20th for October 18th? Should I go sooner or later?

I want to put a reminder in my phone so I don't forget! :D My summer break from teaching is almost over, so things are going to get busy!

I would want to email about 4 weeks in advance. Does it make sense to order September 20th for October 18th? Should I go sooner or later?
!

When I called a few days ago the lady I spoke with said they take orders up to 90 days in advance and it's a good idea to call sooner rather than later if you want a custom cake. Hope that helps! :)

Want to order a 10 " cake at WL. is there a way to see what options are available for the top? Also, we are staying CL...will ipo work with the bakery to set up something special in room, or do I need to coordinate that?

When I stayed at the Poly CL they did all the work for me but I did send them a picture of the cake I wanted. Brian did an awesome job on our Haunted Mansion cake. If you go to the first page you will get a better idea of what's available. When you know what you want you can speak with the CL cast members.

I would almost say that as far as options go, your imagination and your budget are your limiting factors. There are a few things that they can't do, like Pooh characters (copyright issues), and sometimes they can't mix themes. Just think about what you'd like to have - what characters, what theme, what colors. Cake and filling options are on page 1 of this thread. Search through this thread and past ones to find ideas, or even Google search it.

I would probably order the cake myself, even if I were staying CL, but I would want to be the point of contact and be in control of it. I'm sure IPO could arrange to have it set up in your room at a designated time, though.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the work on these pages. I wanted to order a cake for my dd's 6th birthday trip in late August and with the information and email addresses listed here it was quick and easy :goodvibes Thank you so much.

Thanks for all your help on this board. Here are the cakes we ended up with:

1. 8" vanilla with dark chocolate mousse. From GF bakery for Citricos. $100.
IMG_7795.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

It was delicious! Pat was very easy to work with.

2. Mini vanilla with chocolate frosting and Aurora print out. From GF bakery for 1900 Park Fare. $50
IMG_7845.jpg

IMG_7848.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_7855.jpg

This one was ok, but for the price I was disappointed. I think I expected fancy fondant work, but it was just plain frosting.

3. 8" marble with strawberry mousse and chocolate buttercream. The Mickey ears were solid dark chocolate. From Epcot bakery for Akershus. $119
_MG_1314.jpg

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7958.jpg

This cake was very impressive and great tasting. Teresa and Lexi were somewhat easy to work with. I sent in an inspiration picture and I thought they would use their artistic license but it was exactly like the picture.

Thanks for all your help on this board. Here are the cakes we ended up with:

1. 8" vanilla with dark chocolate mousse. From GF bakery for Citricos. $100.
IMG_7795.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

It was delicious! Pat was very easy to work with.

2. Mini vanilla with chocolate frosting and Aurora print out. From GF bakery for 1900 Park Fare. $50
IMG_7845.jpg

IMG_7848.jpg

IMG_7854.jpg

IMG_7855.jpg

This one was ok, but for the price I was disappointed. I think I expected fancy fondant work, but it was just plain frosting.

3. 8" marble with strawberry mousse and chocolate buttercream. The Mickey ears were solid dark chocolate. From Epcot bakery for Akershus. $119
_MG_1314.jpg

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7958.jpg

This cake was very impressive and great tasting. Teresa and Lexi were somewhat easy to work with. I sent in an inspiration picture and I thought they would use their artistic license but it was exactly like the picture.

Beautiful! All of them!!

I'm thinking about ordering a single tier mad hatter cake for a combined birthday celebration from the Contemporary bakery for our Wishes cruise in November - so I'm still a bit ahead of the whole ordering concept.

Can I have red velvet with chocolate ganache with vanilla buttercream frosting or do mad hatter cakes have to have a fondant covering to support the decorations?

Will they give us a knife and plates/forks to take on board with us to eat said cake or do we need to source our own?

go silly question day haha!

Also, will they have the cake on board waiting for us or do we have to pick it up inside and take it onto the boat with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter