OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by lurkyloo, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarar714

tarar714 Earning My Ears

Pat made my niece an awesome and delicious Minnie cheerleader themed cake for her 9th birthday for our dinner at 1900 Park Faire! It was red velvet with a dark chocolate mousse filing and whipped cream.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JediBonas

JediBonas DIS Veteran

My son is a huge Jake and the Neverland Pirates fan so that would be perfect for him! Thanks :). I'm not looking for anything super detailed, just hoping to get them something a little more special then a plain white cake with some flowers on it.

4. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

Cakes are very basic, they don't do special order cakes.

5. lfortin16

lfortin16 Mouseketeer

How can I post a picture taken with my phone??:confused3

6. My2Qtz0205

My2Qtz0205 DIS Veteran

There is a photobucket app.

7. Cobern

Cobern DIS Veteran

My kids are too! If you look back on my posts here you can see a picture of it. Everything was edible including the rocks :)

8. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

As long as you are already checked in, they can deliver to your room whether or not you're there.

You need to upload the photos to a sharing site like Photobucket.com or the DIS' photo gallery, then copy the [​IMG]

9. emsmommy323

emsmommy323 Mouseketeer

We will be there for my daughter's 10th birthday and she wants to eat at Rainforest Café at DTD. Are specialty cakes being delivered there even an option?

10. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

Not by Disney, and I think Rainforest has been telling people who call that they don't offer their own cake options. But it never hurts to check with them directly: (407) 827-8500.

11. emsmommy323

emsmommy323 Mouseketeer

Well, luckily she's looking forward to the brownie lava thing so if it doesn't work out, she will never know the difference! LOL

12. jac1976

jac1976 Mouseketeer

Which number are you calling and who are you speaking to? I am working with Pat on a cake to celebrate my vow renewal on Aug 30. She does take a day or two to return calls, but seeing as how I have a bit more than a month, that isn't an issue for me. We've just finalized a design and while I don't know an exact price, we discussed budget in the first phone call. She said the smallest fancy fondant covered cake they can do will be at least $100.

13. disneygal6568

disneygal6568 making dreams come true

So is this the "Mickey /Minnie " cake that they advertise???

14. AGPrincess

AGPrincess Disney Snob -- Bookish Princess

Just discovered this thread...oh my goodness, SO MANY gorgeous cakes!!!

That is such a BEAUTIFUL cupcake - I wish they sold it in the parks!!

15. Claire&TheBoys

Claire&TheBoys The Queen of the Castle!

No, that was a specialty cake, made by the pastry team at the Contemporary Resort. I picked the cake, filling and told them what type of decoration I wanted. It was $85 for an 8" cake.

The "Mickey" cakes are available at many of the table-service restaurants, but they are standard offerings, not done to order. If you go to the first page of this thread, you can find what is offered and what the prices are. If you want a specialty cake, the information on how to order them (and where they are available) is also on the first page.

:thumbsup2

16. skuttle

skuttle Counting the days until our next trip! April 2015

We did this a few weeks ago at kidani. When I ordered, I told them we wouldn't be in the room. When we arrived back at the room, there was a tray with napkins, forks, party hats, matches and a couple of candles. The cake was in the fridge. We were in a DVC room though with a full size fridge. We just ordered the standard mickey head cake.

17. disneygal6568

I knew it looked to good to be true ;) . Does anybody have a photo of the Mickey/Minnie cake ?

18. Claire&TheBoys

Claire&TheBoys The Queen of the Castle!

19. disneygal6568

20. jcemom

jcemom Official Tag Fairy Assistant

I think they mean the edible image that's printed on the cake, like Cinderella in the examples. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that to get a 3D character figurine, or even a 2D stand-up white chocolate character, you would need to order a custom cake.

21. disneygal6568

I quoted this from the email that I was sent as a response to a email I sent. It's from Disneyland if that makes a difference

"Character Images Figurine –
    (1 image for 6” ,10” or ¼ sheet cakes , up to 2 for ½ sheet, up to 3 for full sheet cakes)
    · Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto
    · Buzz Lightyear, Wendy, Lightning McQueen, Jack Skellington
    · TinkerBell, Ariel, Tiana"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.