OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much! Love the thread btw, you do a great job!

Glad you find it helpful! :goodvibes

I am planning to order a specialty cake for delivery at either Narcoossee's or CRT. Which would be the better option, given the different chefs to prepare and decorate the cake?

Both resorts turn out beautiful cakes. The Contemporary seems to charge slightly less for its cakes, if that helps.

After nearly giving up on WDW cakes, we decided to give it "one last try" this year. I ordered through POR, and had such a pleasant experience. Communication was fast and very friendly. We were going with a Mario Kart theme, so the cake order was pretty basic. Vanilla cake and filling. I was quoted 85 plus tax, but we were actually charged a little less. I added the figures and cars.

Thanks for posting about your experience!

Hey guys. I'm heading to DisneyWorld in July 2014 and trying to budget a cake into my holiday for my mothers birthday but have no idea how much to put aside.

How much would a 3 tier mad hatter cake usually cost?

A three-tier is $980 and serves 85 people. A two-tier is $450 and serves 50 people. You might want to look into a 1-tier version, which would cost around $250. They do a mini-cake version, but it isn't all wonky-shaped like you think of a Mad Hatter cake. It's more about the decorations they put on it. That'll cost anywhere from $30-$50, depending on decorations, and only feed 2 or 3.

Hey guys. I'm heading to DisneyWorld in July 2014 and trying to budget a cake into my holiday for my mothers birthday but have no idea how much to put aside.

How much would a 3 tier mad hatter cake usually cost?

I have seen many mad hatter style cakes that people have ordered and cost around 150 I would email to get a closer amount but the 4 or so I have seen posted on this thread that other DISers bought were 150 range

A one-tier Mad Hatter like the ones Disneymama01 describes looks like this:

MadHatter1Tier-1.jpg

A Mad Hatter mini cake looks like this:

watermark-1.jpg

Two questions

1.) I'm staying at POFQ and would like a chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh strawberries. Doable?

2.) Has anyone heard of/seen a cake with a Sword in the Stone/Madam Mim theme? How would that be executed? Would it have to be fondant?

Two questions

1.) I'm staying at POFQ and would like a chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse and fresh strawberries. Doable?

Yes!

2.) Has anyone heard of/seen a cake with a Sword in the Stone/Madam Mim theme? How would that be executed? Would it have to be fondant?

I feel like I saw one many years ago... you might check out the links to earlier threads in the first post of this thread. If you don't want fondant, they could do a screen print on buttercream. But even if you do order fondant, they won't be allowed to sculpt her, so you might want to go for a more interpretive cake or have a screen print of her on a standing piece of white chocolate. The creative design is really up to what you and the pastry chef work out.

Ok, I may have gone a bit overboard on cake ordering. I ordered from CR and wasn't able to get exactly what I wanted so I ordered from GF as well. Oh well, no worries.

Ok, I may have gone a bit overboard on cake ordering. I ordered from CR and wasn't able to get exactly what I wanted so I ordered from GF as well. Oh well, no worries.

What did you order? What were you looking to get? Can't wait to see pictures also. Hope you enjoy your cakes and have a wonderful trip. :goodvibes

The Mini Mad Hatter cake is really cute! Where is it from and how much?
Thanks

What did you order? What were you looking to get? Can't wait to see pictures also. Hope you enjoy your cakes and have a wonderful trip. :goodvibes

I wanted Stitch, but I wanted it ToT Stitch. CR said they could do Stitch but not ToT Stitch, so I have a mini wedding cake with Stitch for that one. A couple of days later I decided to try GF. Pat was thinking she could do it and was sending a message of to legal to be sure. So, I ordered that one too. Not to mention I ordered the slipper dessert on a specialized royal package at CRT. Just a bit overboard. :)

Hi everyone!

I am trying to decide which cake filling to get with vanilla 2 layer 8" cake for my daughters birthday in August.

I was going to post a poll, but I can't remember how. Sorry.

I wanted Stitch, but I wanted it ToT Stitch. CR said they could do Stitch but not ToT Stitch, so I have a mini wedding cake with Stitch for that one. A couple of days later I decided to try GF. Pat was thinking she could do it and was sending a message of to legal to be sure. So, I ordered that one too. Not to mention I ordered the slipper dessert on a specialized royal package at CRT. Just a bit overboard. :)

That is a lot! I hope you post pictures. I would love to see the cakes! Have a wonderful trip :)

The Mini Mad Hatter cake is really cute! Where is it from and how much?
Thanks

That particular one was made by the Grand Floridian, but most Deluxe resort bakeries should be able to create something similar if you send in that photo. Mini cakes start around $30 and go up, depending on complexity.

Hi everyone!

I am trying to decide which cake filling to get with vanilla 2 layer 8" cake for my daughters birthday in August.

I was going to post a poll, but I can't remember how. Sorry.

People seem to like Disney's fruit fillings, like the tropical mousse. My favorite with vanilla cake is peanut butter cup filling!

That particular one was made by the Grand Floridian, but most Deluxe resort bakeries should be able to create something similar if you send in that photo. Mini cakes start around $30 and go up, depending on complexity.

People seem to like Disney's fruit fillings, like the tropical mousse. My favorite with vanilla cake is peanut butter cup filling!

Hi Carrie, The options Pat gave us are very limited. Perhaps because it is not a wedding cake? I guess I should've been more specific.

white butter cream
chocolate butter cream
white mousse
Dark Choco mousse
custard with strawberries.

I am leaning toward dark chocolate mousse with vanilla cake.

Hi Carrie, The options Pat gave us are very limited. Perhaps because it is not a wedding cake? I guess I should've been more specific.

white butter cream
chocolate butter cream
white mousse
Dark Choco mousse
custard with strawberries.

I am leaning toward dark chocolate mousse with vanilla cake.
These are the standard options. Fruit mousse is also a standard option in 10" cakes. Special fillings can be available upon request and vary among bakeries.

That particular one was made by the Grand Floridian, but most Deluxe resort bakeries should be able to create something similar if you send in that photo. Mini cakes start around $30 and go up, depending

Thanks, I made a reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe so I could order the mini castle cake for DD. But I might do the mini Mad Hatter instead. Do you know what the butterfly is mad of? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter