OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am researching ordering a Mad Hatter 1 tier style cake and wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten a split design. My DH and DD both have birthdays about a week before we arrive and I wanted to surprise them both with this cake. DH loves Wreck It Ralph and my DD loves the Little Mermaid. I was hoping they could do half a design on each side.

Scratch that I see a post stating the Mad Hatter cakes go between $150-$250.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks, I made a reservation at the Grand Floridian Cafe so I could order the mini castle cake for DD. But I might do the mini Mad Hatter instead. Do you know what the butterfly is mad of? :)

Hard to tell... it's so detailed, it may be plastic, but I'll bet they could create one out of something edible for you!

I am researching ordering a Mad Hatter 1 tier style cake and wanted to know if anyone has ever gotten a split design. My DH and DD both have birthdays about a week before we arrive and I wanted to surprise them both with this cake. DH loves Wreck It Ralph and my DD loves the Little Mermaid. I was hoping they could do half a design on each side.

Scratch that I see a post stating the Mad Hatter cakes go between $150-$250.

Thanks for all the help.

You might consider doing two mini cakes for your two themes. They wouldn't have room for a lot of detail, but that way each kid could have their own, and it wouldn't cost as much as a 1-tier Mad Hatter.

Hello all! I'm trying to read through all the pages. From what I'm understanding, if I want to order a cake for Whispering Canyon Cafe, I would be ordering through the Contemporary. Is this correct? Thank you!

Hello all! I'm trying to read through all the pages. From what I'm understanding, if I want to order a cake for Whispering Canyon Cafe, I would be ordering through the Contemporary. Is this correct? Thank you!

Yes. If you want a custom cake, call the number for Contemporary Private Dining, given on page 1 of this thread. They'll give you an email address that you can use to correspond with the cake team.

Thank you Claire&The boys! I ordered one from Pat at GF years ago, and everyone loved it. I know they're different bakers, but I'm sure it will still be delicious!

Yes. If you want a custom cake, call the number for Contemporary Private Dining, given on page 1 of this thread. They'll give you an email address that you can use to correspond with the cake team.

Thank you Claire&The boys! I ordered one from Pat at GF years ago, and everyone loved it. I know they're different bakers, but I'm sure it will still be delicious!

You might consider doing two mini cakes for your two themes. They wouldn't have room for a lot of detail, but that way each kid could have their own, and it wouldn't cost as much as a 1-tier Mad Hatter.

Thanks for the idea of getting 2 mini cakes! Saving a little would probably be better since we are also doing the wishes dessert party....my kids are gonna have a major sugar coma by the end of the week. Oh and the Wreck it Ralph cake would be for my DH! :lmao:

Opinions on ordering a cake to be delivered @ POR vs. Cape May Cafe? Which bakery would have the best cake?

Thanks for the idea of getting 2 mini cakes! Saving a little would probably be better since we are also doing the wishes dessert party....my kids are gonna have a major sugar coma by the end of the week. Oh and the Wreck it Ralph cake would be for my DH! :lmao:

Oh, that's awesome! :thumbsup2

Opinions on ordering a cake to be delivered @ POR vs. Cape May Cafe? Which bakery would have the best cake?

The two bakeries that service those places both make great-looking cakes, and all Disney cakes use the same recipes. However, ordering for POR requires jumping through a few more hoops, and people often report having trouble getting in touch with someone to place the order. So I'd say Cape May would be the easier option.

Has anyone ordered a cake at the Princess Storybook Hall in Epcot?
Also I would love some feed back on a design for a Snow White cake

I think I want to order a fun cake as a surprise for my best friend in honor of our birthdays when we are at Disney. I can't decide which dinner would be best to do it. We already have these dinners scheduled:
Kona
Le Cellier
The Wave
Hollywood Brown Derby

There are only 3 of us, so we don't need a big cake, but I don't want the most basic kind either.
Any advice? I was thinking a minicake. I also saw the chocolate figures at Epcot and wondered about those. How big they are, if they are as much fun as a cake, etc.

Update... Chose the Contemporary after reading aloof the positive reviews. Can't wait to finish figuring out the details. I emailed yesterday at 3:30, and before 9:00 this morning had gotten a reply!

Update... Chose the Contemporary after reading aloof the positive reviews. Can't wait to finish figuring out the details. I emailed yesterday at 3:30, and before 9:00 this morning had gotten a reply!

Good choice! I was going to recommend you get the cake at the Wave. I had a cake made by the Contemporary pastry staff for a dinner at Whispering Canyon and was not disappointed!

Thanks!! I'm calling tomorrow to officially order it, but Chef Brian said he would do a 6" cake with buttercream icing, a standing up image of Belle with a book in her hand on white chocolate, and red roses. I don't like the bright yellow used for her so often! It's not pretty or girly. :)
So, we will see! I'm hoping I can choose yummy flavors and fillings.

DH and I celebrated our 24th anniversary at WDW in June. We stopped by Publix on our first day in town and ordered a cake and picked it up the next day. It was $19 and it was delicious!!

It was chocolate cake with vanilla custard inside and butter cream frosting.

Here are photos:

018-Copy-Copy_zps0fe0f29e.jpg

The inside:

023-Copy-Copy_zps05becb07.jpg

DH and I celebrated our 24th anniversary at WDW in June. We stopped by Publix on our first day in town and ordered a cake and picked it up the next day. It was $19 and it was delicious!!

It was chocolate cake with vanilla custard inside and butter cream frosting.

Here are photos:

The inside:

Ahhh! Love Publix cakes!! We're local and order for every birthday :D

I wanted to share this Small World-themed cake made for a wedding at Disneyland—I think any of these tiers would make a beautiful 6- or 8-inch cake!

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

Is it possible to pick up a mini-cake from Boardwalk bakery?

We will be in Disney for my DD's sixteenth birthday, she wants to have dinner at Via Napoli and I would like to walk over and pick up a cake for her before dinner.

Howdy all! :wave2:

I've been lurking for awhile and finally called yesterday to start talking to someone about a cake for our trip in Sept. It's DS 4th birthday and naturally he wants pirates, so I called and spoke to Theresa at I believe Yacht Club. She emailed me right away with two pictures of rather unimpressive cakes they have done with pirate themes and I responded back with pictures that show what I want more or less. I still haven't heard back from her with a price quote. How long did it take for everyone else here to get their quotes?

:banana:<--- dancing banana's are too cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter