**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

going to cancel two ADRs now that I got the one we were looking for... let me know if anyone wants either one!

12/12 Cape May 8pm party of 3
12/12 Boma 5:30 party of 3

Mickey Mail came today

No holographic tags though cause I booked through AAA =( better parking but same lame tags for 10 years

We told our son last night. He opened his first book for Hanukkah (he gets a book each night) and read the note. His reaction was "for real?" and then went on to reading his book. :rolleyes: However, about an hour later, he came down to me and started jumping up and down, asking about who we were going to eat with (character meals). When I told him we were having a princess lunch, he asked if Snow White will be there (is she at Akhershus?) I said maybe. He then started asking if we'll be seeing the animals again, and I told him we were staying at the Contemporary this time. He was a little disappointed, but is excited to be able to walk to the Magic Kingdom. I think he'll the Contemporary as much as he likes AKL. At least I hope he will!

And thanks to this thread, I just went online and put a hold on our mail.

6 more days:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

Well DH's boss decided last night that we needed another punch to the gut, that the year we've had has not been bad enough already. He sent an email out late that all vacation requests for December have been suspended due to work load. :mad: I told DH to tell boss we are not canceling our trip and to let him fire him if he doesn't like it. I am so mad this morning I could breathe fire!

Well DH's boss decided last night that we needed another punch to the gut, that the year we've had has not been bad enough already. He sent an email out late that all vacation requests for December have been suspended due to work load. :mad: I told DH to tell boss we are not canceling our trip and to let him fire him if he doesn't like it. I am so mad this morning I could breathe fire!

OMG can he do that... I would be livid

Oh, that sucks! Especially to say that once December has started, and I'm sure a lot of people have plans already. I hope your DH doesn't get fired for this.

OMG can he do that... I would be livid

I am beyond livid.

Oh, that sucks! Especially to say that once December has started, and I'm sure a lot of people have plans already. I hope your DH doesn't get fired for this.

Sadly if he did get fired over this it would be a blessing. DH had to work while I had a miscarriage in January, he had to work while his mother was dying in the hospital for 3 weeks and had to work when my mom had her strokes. His boss has given no leeway for anything.

I don't know about you, but the anticipation of the trip has been almost (I say almost) as fun as the trip itself. I booked this trip back in July and having this trip to look forward to has made the year great. I went last December and plan on making it a yearly tradition.

You sound very similar to me!! I love anticipating the trip almost as much as going:)! I booked in late June, and I have never ever seen Disney at Christmas, and my 6yo DD couldn't be more excited! Yearly tradition, now there is a great idea!!!
You know, they just published some studies about this - that the anticipation of vacations, and the memory of the last thing you did on vacation, are the strongest emotions and bring the most lasting joy, moreso than the vacation itself!

Unfortunately, things have been crazy at home and at work, and I have an exam to take in 6 days that I'm still trying to study for, so I haven't been able to get too excited. I can't wait until the exam is over and I can focus on anticipation!

Just did my online check-in this morning! We are getting too excited.

Me, too (at least the on-line check-in part)! :yay:

I
Sadly if he did get fired over this it would be a blessing. DH had to work while I had a miscarriage in January, he had to work while his mother was dying in the hospital for 3 weeks and had to work when my mom had her strokes. His boss has given no leeway for anything.
I'm so sorry of these multiple losses you have suffered. :hug: I hope your DH is in a profession and an area in which he wouldn't be out of work for long. His boss sounds like the boss from hell!

And by the way,
Happy Chanukah!!
86190146-0ff5-4b62-bdb6-2b39798bc31c.jpg

if i didnt have to fly i would be super excited.. im having crazy anxiety about it.. im so scared!

Look at the bright side. For all who are flying American Airlines, they reduced the price of in-flight alcoholic drinks by $2, thru New Year's. That should help alleviate some stress.

How long has DH had this request in for vacation? Is there anyway DH can do extra hours to catch up on the work? What about telling the boss about cancellation fees?

Just two more days...I hope.

It looks like we'll have quite a bit of snow coming in before my flight out of ORD. I hope the storm slows down a little bit so our plane can take off! I really don't want to be stuck at the airport waiting for some way to get to MCO. :worried:

Next Thursday we will be checking into CSR and heading off to AK for our 1st day at DW!!!!:yay::yay:

OMG thats horrible. DH had a boss like that. He tried getting DH to come back to work 2 weeks early after he had major back surgery. Gave him crap about going to a major doctors appointment with our DD where they were giving us her Autism diagnosis. He was horrible. We really got him though. DH was fired because last minute his boss told him he couldn't come in 2 hours late so he could go to the school meeting for our DD. So we went out and started out own company and half the accounts went with us. Totally sucked though but we definatly are the ones laughing now!!

if i didnt have to fly i would be super excited.. im having crazy anxiety about it.. im so scared!

I hate flying. I've never flown without having a panic attack and crying my eyes out at take off and landing, until last time. I had a friend tell me a story about a couple who were both pilots and they had small children. She said it was raining when the wife was getting ready to take off. She said a passanger asked to speak with her because she was scared of the weather. She said her friend went out and told her that she was a mom and a pilot and that her husband was out flying that day too. She said there is no way that either of them would fly if they didn;'t think it was 100% safe because then where would that leave their children. I'm still not 100% ok with flying but it helped keep me a little calmer knowing that if they didn't think it was safe they wouldn't be doing it.

Oh Katie, that is dreadful. Surely the boss could have foreseen the heavy workload and come up with a better solution than ruining everyone's Christmas plans. Prayers and pixie dust that the old scrooge has a change of heart or one way or another things work out the best for you and DH!

Is your husband's boss going to pay for everyone's non-refundable vacations???? He sounds like a jerk. I bet he wouldn't cancel his own vacations.

Ughh, I totally feel for you and hope everything is ok.

We had a similar situation, although ours did work out. My husband put in his request for leave and then found out, through mail, that they weren't allowing him to use paid leave. To take off without getting paid would make the cost of this trip alot more than expected! However, they now said they will work it out for him.

Whatever your outcome, a New Year is just around the corner. Praying for a wonderful resolution to your situation (whether at this current job or a new one!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter