**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

bummer for one thing for me--- on 12/5, i planned 8am ADR for CP so we could get in before the park opened (at 9am), eat and be at RD and first ones in. but now they extended and are opening at 8am and so now i am screwed, now we will be eating first while everyone else is hitting the big rides and by the time we get done, i am sure the lines will have formed. ugh! can't get a later ADR either and this is the day we must do it. kind pissed about that, but oh well. maybe i can run to PP or something for a FP at least while everyone else sits down to breakfast.

The same thing happened to us! I was sooo excited to see extra F! and MSEP, but then I saw that the park hours were now starting at 8AM on 12/18...when I have an 8AM ADR at Crystal Palace! Now to decide if we would rather spend our last morning eating breakfast or riding rides!!??!?

Thanks! I'm worried about this surgery. Mama has breast and colon cancer (both Stage 4). The chemo was too much for her so they had to stop it after only a few treatments. She was finally strong enough for a colonoscopy, and they found HUGE polyps - the same kind that turned into cancer before. So, they are going to remove 12 more inches of her colon on Tuesday. She's a tough lady, but she's been thru a lot this past year. I know she'll be okay. I just hate she has to go thru more surgery.

It is a bummer that she won't be able to eat at all on Thanksgiving day, but she's made up for it the last few days. My sister and I have taken her to all her favorite places. :goodvibes

Best wishes to your mom, I hope she does well :)

I'm now hoping they add another MS Elec. Parade on Monday the 13th or at least push it back an hour. Then my dilemma of what to do for dinner that night would be solved!

Thanks! I'm worried about this surgery. Mama has breast and colon cancer (both Stage 4). The chemo was too much for her so they had to stop it after only a few treatments. She was finally strong enough for a colonoscopy, and they found HUGE polyps - the same kind that turned into cancer before. So, they are going to remove 12 more inches of her colon on Tuesday. She's a tough lady, but she's been thru a lot this past year. I know she'll be okay. I just hate she has to go thru more surgery.

It is a bummer that she won't be able to eat at all on Thanksgiving day, but she's made up for it the last few days. My sister and I have taken her to all her favorite places. :goodvibes

I hope things go well for your mom! Sending pixie dust your way!:wizard:

Ahhh now I need to potentially change around our whole schedule! I wonder when touringplans.com will update their crowd calendar with the new hours. I'm glad we are on the QS plan because changing our plan doesn't mess with ADRS.

19 days!!!! we are in the teens!!!!!

30 days!!! Today we close our theatre production that has been really taking up a ton of my time! After strike I am sooooo done and I can relax after school rather than rush to rehearsal! WOOOHOOO! (Until late January when I start all over again with the musical production! Hahaha!) Ah well, I'm just soooooo excited that this one will be done - it was one of those dates on the calendar when I kept saying, "Okay, when it's the last day of the show it'll be 30 days until we go to Disney!!!!" :banana::yay::banana:

Hoping things go well with your mom. Glad she got to eat some of her favs before turkey day. Plus who said you could only have Turkey on Thanksgivings?

WOOOHOOO tomorrow my bathroom should be done!!! Then I can get my house in order for Turkey day and then its getting ready for WDW!!

I saw they added a TON of hours for when we are there. Which means I will have to look over my touring plans and we all know what that means change in ADRs. LOL

Does anyone know if you can add a Fantasmic package to any new dates and times they added?

I'm not sure I can take changing everything around, I'll proably just roll with the time change. :confused3

Wooo Hoooo under a month!!! :woohoo:

Made a few more changes, changed the time of a few ADRs. We are planning on DHS on Dec 8th and there are rumors of the Osborne lights not being shown that night, since the park is closing at 7. Well according to projected crowd levels on TP this is the best day for DHS, so we decided to break down and get hoppers, so we can get to DHS on some other evening to make sure we see the lights and the hoppers will also open up some flexibilty during the trip. Luckly there are only 2 of us so its not a HUGE investment.

Only 7 more working days, or maybe eight since I volunteered to work OT on thanksgiving day.

:goodvibes The only one that will affect us is the extended MK hours on the 18th. We will be at 'Ohana at 8 pm for dinner, so we could totally make it back to MK for the added MSEP!

totally OT- but thrilled my little guy (just turned 3) finally 'got it', he finally went potty today!! we've been sitting on it for a month now without success (he doesn't mind sitting, just never went), today he got it with a bribe of a kitchen toy he really wanted. lol I guess we will be finding out where every single bathroom in the world is in 2 weeks. He's really into going now that he finally 'got it'. :rotfl: any tips for potty training in the world?

Yay!!! :woohoo:Jack has been working on it for a few weeks now, but he seems to be stuck in a rut. He knows he is supposed to go on the potty, and he does about 75% of the time, but he doesn't mind going in his pullup either. I bribed him a lot when he was starting out, but I am starting to pull back now that he isn't trying very hard. I had wanted him potty trained before our trip, but I actually think pull ups are the way to go because having an accident at the park would be AWFUL and way more difficult than at home.

Made a few more changes, changed the time of a few ADRs. We are planning on DHS on Dec 8th and there are rumors of the Osborne lights not being shown that night, since the park is closing at 7. Well according to projected crowd levels on TP this is the best day for DHS, so we decided to break down and get hoppers, so we can get to DHS on some other evening to make sure we see the lights and the hoppers will also open up some flexibilty during the trip. Luckly there are only 2 of us so its not a HUGE investment.

Only 7 more working days, or maybe eight since I volunteered to work OT on thanksgiving day.

The park closes at 7 on the 8th due to the Pop Warner private party that night.

Yay!!! :woohoo:Jack has been working on it for a few weeks now, but he seems to be stuck in a rut. He knows he is supposed to go on the potty, and he does about 75% of the time, but he doesn't mind going in his pullup either. I bribed him a lot when he was starting out, but I am starting to pull back now that he isn't trying very hard. I had wanted him potty trained before our trip, but I actually think pull ups are the way to go because having an accident at the park would be AWFUL and way more difficult than at home.

One piece of advice, when you are totally ready to potty train, don't use pull ups at all. So when you get back from your trip, tell ds that underwear is the only thing he will be wearing. My ds would go in the pullup and sometimes the potty. So one morning I had had enough and put him in underwear only. Yes, there were some accidents the first couple of days, but it didn't take long for him to run to the potty instead of going in his undies. I

I did worry about the sofa and carpet and such, but I knew I could get those cleaned and it was time to potty train.

Good luck!

Found some very nice lime green fleece jackets on sale. Now my wife wants to sew on a WDW patch to make them special for our Dec trip. Any ideas where we can find some nice sew on patches?

[

One piece of advice, when you are totally ready to potty train, don't use pull ups at all. So when you get back from your trip, tell ds that underwear is the only thing he will be wearing. My ds would go in the pullup and sometimes the potty. So one morning I had had enough and put him in underwear only. Yes, there were some accidents the first couple of days, but it didn't take long for him to run to the potty instead of going in his undies. I

I did worry about the sofa and carpet and such, but I knew I could get those cleaned and it was time to potty train.

Good luck!

My mom said the same thing, and I do think that's what is going to be necessary to get him fully there. The only problem is I am only home with him full time 2 days a week, the rest of the time he is in daycare with my aunt, and I'm not sure how she feels about it since she has to take care of so many kids, and a few of them are potty training at the same time. But after the holidays we are definitely going to start out with underwear. Hopefully it just "clicks"

9 Days!!

just checked the weather report for where I live and it will be snowing for 4 days straight when we leave for Florida. The day we leave it is supposed to be 37 here and 78 in Orlando. It will be so nice to get out of the cold and snow

The new hours don't help us out much. I'm actually a little bummed about losing one of my morning EMH at MK and then IF they move it up to 7am-8am, that's just gonna make it a difficult decision on whether we should roll out of bed extra early to have the almost empty park and deal with cranky sleepy kiddos or just arrive at 8 with the off-site masses. It's our last day, so that really will be a tough decision if 7-8 is offered.

On the bright side, maybe my morning EMHs at AK and EPCOT will be even better if folks just head over to MK instead at 8am!
:thumbsup2

WooHoo! Finally did it! I made a practical decision that will get us 2 days each in Epcot and MK, one in each HS and AK and an evening in DTD. MVMCCP on the 14th! Let the party begin... party:

PS - Wish we had snow:sad1: We did hit a crazy low of 32 degrees a few days ago, but dry. Of course it was in the 80's 2 days later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter