• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

**Official December 2010 Thread!!** - PART 2!

Whatever is needed to get her to take her meds and take whatever she has seriously do it. I am someone that hates doctors and hates bad news. I am a diabetic and decided that when I moved to Florida (I've since moved back to CT) in 2006 I was going to stop going to the doctors as the stress of going was too much. Well an accident in 2009 landed me in the ER for a broken foot and I was admitted and was found to have been born with a heart defect and my diabetes was out of control. And now because of three years neglect I was diagnosed in July of this year with Stage 3 kidney disease. I very well may need dialysis and a transplant at some point which will pretty much end me going to Disney which is why when I go in two weeks I'm going to enjoy it more than I normally will. Since June of 2009 I have lost 112 pounds and am now for the first time in my life, within 20 pounds of my ideal weight and am for the first time in my 43 years happy. But please make sure she takes her condition seriously. I know what she's feeling now because that was me in 2006. Don't let her follow the same path I did. (Sorry for the long post, but after my experience I just don't want to see anyone else make the same mistake I did, I just hope I don't end up paying for mine with my life!).

Thanks. Problem is she is taking her meds. She has AIDS, thanks to her birth mother, my parents adopted her when she was 3. When my mom got her as a foster baby they told us she had maybe 9 months to live. She was 2. So that fact that she is 15 is amazing. But she has been so healthy for so long. The thought of what could be happening makes me sick.

I think I might call disney today and order the kids their surprise cake. I need something to cheer me up. Wish me luck that I get to talk to someone who knows what I want and can help. I hear the cakehotline can be a real adventure.

Vicki

Vicki, so sorry about your sister! Hope she improves!

So I called and booked the dessert party for 12/14, and we should be getting more of the Disney gift cards I ordered for my kids in the mail this weekend, the excitement is definitely building around here!

Thanks. Problem is she is taking her meds. She has AIDS, thanks to her birth mother, my parents adopted her when she was 3. When my mom got her as a foster baby they told us she had maybe 9 months to live. She was 2. So that fact that she is 15 is amazing. But she has been so healthy for so long. The thought of what could be happening makes me sick.

I think I might call disney today and order the kids their surprise cake. I need something to cheer me up. Wish me luck that I get to talk to someone who knows what I want and can help. I hear the cakehotline can be a real adventure.

Vicki

I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with everything! I think the fact that she has far outlived what they thought and is doing well is a positive sign and I hope that continues for a long time to come! :)

so question- do any of you have a shopping list of must buy items on your trip?

Here is a list of the stuff we always buy. a photo album with the year on it, Everyone gets a pin (we aren't huge into the pin collecting but everyone gets one each trip and we get one resort pin for where we are staying), My son gets an apparel item, we get a box of Potato Head parts, everyone gets an ornament and I buy one souvenir item for myself.

This year I plan to do some Christmas shopping so I might be coming home with a little bit more. We really try to limit ourselves to the standard things each year so we don't go overboard on spending.

We do ornaments for each vacation, regardless of where it is (that can be interesting in say the caribbean in May :lmao: ). We will probably end up with a general Disney one, one from our resort, and possibly one from the Christmas Pary. We get a picture frame or collage from each trip too. Each kid gets to pick one thing (within reason), and that is about it. We try to limit the buying when there too.

As far as souvenirs go, DS is getting the train that he has been asking for since September. He will also get more Potato Head parts and hopefully a sweatshirt. I really want a necklace I saw in the Italy Pavilion, but it was $60 and the earrings that matche were $30... so I will have to wait and see. Since we are going to the last MVMCP I am hoping the party items will be on sale. Of course it means there won't be much left, but that's ok, less temptation.

We do ornaments for each vacation, regardless of where it is (that can be interesting in say the caribbean in May :lmao: ). We will probably end up with a general Disney one, one from our resort, and possibly one from the Christmas Pary. We get a picture frame or collage from each trip too. Each kid gets to pick one thing (within reason), and that is about it. We try to limit the buying when there too.

We do ornaments also!!! Believe me you will find some cute ones in the Caribbean! we have quite a few! :goodvibes

I also always do a coffee mug and magnet no matter where we go!!! love it!!!

We usually do a clothing item or two, usually an ornament. We are going to do some christmas shopping this year too, and I had a tote bag full of treats arranged for our room as well.

We do ornaments also!!! Believe me you will find some cute ones in the Caribbean! we have quite a few! :goodvibes

Off topic here, but the hardest place we found was Germany in May. I found them in the Netherlands and Paris, but in Germany, we had a "make" them out of other things like key chains.

Off topic here, but the hardest place we found was Germany in May.
What? No pickles?:rotfl2:
When we can't find a bonifide ornament we create them as well. ie. We have a small trolley car (with hidden tape measure) from San Francisco on our tree. I love the Christmas store in DTD and look for Disney ornaments that won't look out of place or dominate the tree. Right now we have Christmas dressed Pinnochio and Dopey. Can't wait to add to the collection.

It's getting closer!!

I wanted to order stockings from the Disney florist. We arrive Dec 23rd. When should I order them?

You can order Disney Florist 60 days before delivery date.. so you can order those stockings now!! :santa: I've ordered DF "Mickey's Stocking of Surprises" for when we arrive.. you can order online at www.disneyflorist.com .. or phone 407-827-3505 .. I like phoning as you get to speak to a 'dream maker' CM.. they are always so lovely! :goodvibes

19 days today for us! we're in the 'teen' days!!

Emma princess: x

For those looking for the DVC merry mixer- info has been released! I guess this makes it easy for us, since we are staying at BLT and usually take a break about 3pm!!

Merry Member Mixer

New Location in 2010!
Celebrate the holiday season by mixing and mingling with all your Disney Vacation Club neighbors!
The whole family is invited for an afternoon of festive fun, including Disney character photo opportunities, a DJ dance party and a merry special giveaway. We'll also be decking the halls and enjoying light refreshments.
This jolly event is free to Members - but be sure to bring your Member ID since you'll need it for admission.
We look forward to seeing you in the new location:
FANTASIA BALLROOM, DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT.
  • Friday, December 10, 2010. 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
  • Thursday, December 16, 2010. 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
  • Thursday, December 23, 2010. 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
  • Thursday, December 30, 2010. 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM

For those looking for the DVC merry mixer- info has been released! I guess this makes it easy for us, since we are staying at BLT and usually take a break about 3pm!!

Merry Member Mixer

New Location in 2010!
Celebrate the holiday season by mixing and mingling with all your Disney Vacation Club neighbors!
The whole family is invited for an afternoon of festive fun, including Disney character photo opportunities, a DJ dance party and a merry special giveaway. We'll also be decking the halls and enjoying light refreshments.
This jolly event is free to Members - but be sure to bring your Member ID since you'll need it for admission.
We look forward to seeing you in the new location:
FANTASIA BALLROOM, DISNEY'S CONTEMPORARY RESORT.
  • Friday, December 10, 2010. 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
  • Thursday, December 16, 2010. 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
  • Thursday, December 23, 2010. 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
  • Thursday, December 30, 2010. 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM

really those are the only dates? none for the first week of December?:confused3

My shopping list is a mile long LOL.

DH always gets a new watch. He also gets a new hat or a hoodie if he can find his size.

DD #1 gets new Mickey ears. This year she is excited to do the make your own. She also will probably do another pick a pearl. Oh and she will have to get a new charm for her bracelet.

DS gets pins he also is wanting to do the Ridemakerz this year. Which means DH will get one as well LOL

DD #2 collects Vinylmations so we will pick up them. She also will probably do a pick a pearl as well.

Now I normally get a new Dooney, a hoodie, and a kitchen gadget.

I also have to get a tinkerbell item for my one niece and something minnie for my other niece. I normally bring home a ton of stuff but this year I am just not doing it. I told the kids they can get 1 thing from us. The rest they have to get for themselves or live without.

Bummer....I just realized they dropped the free 5x7 photo voucher from the Magic Your Way package this year. We love that free photo every year! It was such an awesome bonus. Now their "free" vouchers are just discounts with the purchase of some activity. Not cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter