Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by zurgswife, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longsx3

Longsx3 DIS Veteran

Can you share with me who you ordered your cake from, did they charge for delivery and could you customize it?

We are planning on doing a Wishes cruise in August after HDDR for DD & DNieces Bday so we will need 2 cakes and we want them to be special.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. quiltymom

quiltymom <font color=darkorchid>Ears to you, kids!<br><font

I had a 50th Anniversary cake made for my in-laws at 1900 Park Fare. I can't remember how much it cost (my FiL ended up paying for it!), but it all depends upon how many servings, etc. We had a chocolate cake with white and dark chocolate roses, trimmed with gold. It looked lovely and tasted divine! We were so full from dinner (and all of the other meals that we had eaten!), that we gave the rest to the staff to eat.

I'll post a photo of it when I'm on the other computer. Just give them a call and they will help you out! They've lots of standard fun things, but will do special orders, as well.

4. sajetto

sajetto <font color=blue>Wedding Pavilion Bride 2007<br><f

From the GF bakery this my husband's groom's cake. The flavors where chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse. It was delievered to Boma for a $75 fee:

[​IMG]

5. sweet_mel

sweet_mel Mouseketeer

WOW that cake is amazing! So much attention to detail!

6. sorul82?

sorul82? <font color=red>I have an alibi<br><font color=lim

WOW!

7. mbrowninc

mbrowninc Mouseketeer

Newbie here!

I am trying to read these posts but I have a question. So i cannot get a cake delivered to any other restaurant except CRT or GF? Trying to get a cake for daughters 3rd Bday which will be during our May trip. I dont know which restaurant to go to but it probably wont be those.

Thanks
    Melanie

8. Lostgirlz

Lostgirlz DIS Veteran

No, you can get cakes at other places, but GF will not deliver to anywhere other than their resort, or dining venues in their resort. I have heard they will deliver for a 75 dollar fee, and also that you could pick the cake up, but when I called a couple days ago I was told in a very strict manner that NO I could NOT pick it up, and was not offered delivery for the 75 dollar fee. If you are eating in the Grand Floridian they will Deliver the cake to their Dining venues, or if you are staying at the resort. You can order a cake at CRT, Ohanas, Tonys, Liberty Tree Tavern, epcot, and MGM just to name a few, but GF, nor the Boardwalk bakery will deliver you will have to pick the cake up at Boardwalk if you order from them. I suggest which ever venue you choose for your birthday spot to call them directly to see what they offer. Some offer custom cakes, and also the small frozen cakes.:bride: :groom:

9. Eeyore's Tailfinder

Eeyore's Tailfinder DIS Veteran

Ok... I have a couple more questions regarding cakes, if you don't mind :teeth:

I was wondering - is the mini Castle Cake still $25? And is this available at MK bakery? Also, can you customise it? (I would love chocolate cake, with raspberry filling and chocolate ganache)

10. Lostgirlz

Lostgirlz DIS Veteran

As far as I was told it's still 25, no you can only get this at the Grand Floridian a one of their Dining Venues, and last I heard it was chocolate cake, vanilla, or cheesecake, not sure on the fillings, and I believe it's only iced in fondant., but you may want to check with them.

11. lillygator

lillygator DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1173219 post#13

wow - this was my eldest in 2005....I just called GF for this coming Saturday....8in with the $30 Cinderella topper. Will post pics upon returning. And in all fairness.....they heard my small party size and wanted me to get the frozen podium cake. Ummmm, no thanks!

12. laura12581

laura12581 I love WDW and DCL!!

Jan 25th, my DH surprised at V&As with a Cinderella cake- White Chocolate and milk chocolate fondant over white chocoloate frosting? with vanilla cake... IT was GOOD! I wish we could have brought it home!
    [​IMG]

Sorry it is so big and sideways.. 1st picture post!
    Laura

13. Disney8704

Disney8704 <font color=deeppink>I so need to do that!<br><fon

Hey everyone. Who has had the zebra cake from AKL? Is it good and is it worth the money? I am trying to decide if I should go with the zebra cake (we will be staying at the AKL) or the mini castle cake from GF Cafe for mine and DH anniversary. I figured as for the zebra cake, since there will be cake left over, we can always wrap it up and eat it at night after the day at the parks. Which one do you think we should do?

14. Lostgirlz

Lostgirlz DIS Veteran

I called them last week, and just wanted to inform you they have no pastry chef anymore, so the zebra cake is only one standard cake. Vanilla with vanilla buttercream with ganache and stripes. She told me they do not offer anything else but that one. It was 40 some odd dollars (under 50) From what she told me it's a very standard cake since they have no pastry person.

15. Disney8704

Disney8704 <font color=deeppink>I so need to do that!<br><fon

Yeah I knew that AKL only does zebra cakes now.

16. AshleyMWC

AshleyMWC DIS Veteran

I have read quite a few of these pages, but not every one, so I apologize if my question is answered on here somewhere. I know this is really far away, but I am going to be taking my mom to WDW in October (1-7), staying at the Poly. We are not celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or anything like that, but we ARE celebrating making it through the past 2 years- it has been ROUGH in sooo many ways. I wanted to get a cake to "celebrate", and I had wanted to wlak over and pick it up at the GF and bring it back to the room as a surprise for my mom. However, it looks like now you can no longer pick up cakes at GF??!!!! :confused3 What a bummer (if I am reading correctly!). So, I was thinking, can you have a cake delivered to your table during afternoon tea?? We are definitely doing that one day! Also, any cake siggestions from you cake vets out there?? I don't want one of those frozen ones, even though it's just the 2 of us-- we can eat on it all week I figure. Mom loves Tinkerbell, if that helps at all. I would like to keep the cost around $40-$50! Thanks for all the pretty cake posts everyone :goodvibes

17. sajetto

sajetto <font color=blue>Wedding Pavilion Bride 2007<br><f

We thought so too! I couldn't believe how much work they put into that cake. I'm guessing its because all I told them to do was somehow incorperate Donald Duck with gardening and from there they went nuts! I'm so glad that I let the GF Bakery take the reigns on it and wasn't to specific because I NEVER could have described something like that! I seriously loved it more than our wedding cake and it wasn't even mine:lmao:

18. Lostgirlz

Lostgirlz DIS Veteran

No, you can order one for afternoon tea. It's held at the GF, so they will deliver it there. You can also order and pick up cakes from the Boardwalk Bakery. Gf just told me when I called that the pastry chef said No more pick ups cause he has had problems with people with it in the past she said.

19. Goofy4Disney

Goofy4Disney Wants to be a full-time WDW food critic!

sajetto - What exactly is that Donald made of underneath all of that icing?

Does anyone know if characters (other than Mickey) are available in the white chocolate? Thanks!

20. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

Has anyone ordered a birthday cake at The Garden Grill? I went through several threads but didn't see any cakes from there.

21. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

How much does the 8" cake usually cost? TIA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.