Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever ordered a cake from the GF with only the glass slipper on top? I don't want the cinderella pic, just the slipper. If so what was the charge? I can't see it costing $30 since the whole slipper dessert is under $15.

FWannivcake001.jpg

Hopefully this worked. It is a picture of our anniversary cake. I ordered it from the GF bakery. It was a custom order and was I think $45. But I got my DDE discount of 20%.

It was beautiful and delish!!

Blessings,
Winnie

I ordered a cake from the GF Bakery and picked it up at the Gasparilla Grill. It was an 8" custom cake. It was a white cake with fresh strawberry and custard filling, chocolate buttercream icing and chocolate ganache on that. I asked for a stand-up Little Mermaid theme. I was SOOOO happy with this cake!:love: You never know what it will look like until you get it and it was awesome. People stopped us on our monorail ride and walk up to Crystal Palace just to look at the cake. We had to hurry and get it to CP because the ganache was getting soft. Everyhting on the cake was made of chocolate. I think it was beautiful and my DD loved her
3rd :cake: !

063_63.jpg

077_77.jpg

Hey guys!! I have a question, I tried searching but there are so many pages!!! Anyway, my DD will be turning 3 on our trip. She absolutely LOVES Ariel and the Little Mermaid. We have Dinner ADR's at CRT the first night of our trip. My question is, if I order a cake, say from the MK bakery, can I have it "sent" to CRT? And will they come and sing to her or something?? She sees this all the time in restaurants and wants someone to come sing to her for her birthday. :thumbsup2

Just ordered a cake for our dinner at WCC on April 7th for dd's 15th birthday. I called 407-824-2090 (WL private dining). I got the number from when I made my ADR.

I ordered a 10" double layer cake with the following details: marble cake, chocolate buttercream filling & chocolate ganache icing.

I also ordered a small Eeyore for the top ($3 extra) and she said they will do the writing in pink & purple (dd's favorite colors).

It will be $40 and she said I will pay for it with the meal, but they do require a credit card when ordering.

I'll post a picture when we return.

Beautiful cakes!!!
I am SOO happy I saw this thread.
I arranged to have a cake brought to the table at lunch at CRT for my dd's 4th birthday, her birthday is a few days earlier, she will be so surprised! I wonder if Cinderella can bring it to her??? :cloud9:

lillygator... do you mind my asking what exactly did you order? It was from the GF right? I'm just wondering if/what they messed up. ;)

If that's your DD in the photo, she's just absolutely adorable, btw. :goodvibes

lillygator... do you mind my asking what exactly did you order? It was from the GF right? I'm just wondering if/what they messed up. ;)

I am wondering the same thing, too, because I got a similar cake at the GF that was not really what I ordered.

I wonder what's going on? :confused3

Thanks!

I guess I shouldn't have put the "not" in caps...but I did order the cinderella stand up, slipper and cake, but the cake was supposed to be buttercream not the fondant style. No matter, it was fantastic but I was wondering if they perhaps game mine to another table as we were somehow passed over during seating and the cake took a very long time to come out. It was gorgeous and delicious.....we're still eating it in fact.

I know at the Crystal Palace I reminded them at the podium when we arrived for our ADR that I had previously ordered a custom cake, but when our waitress came with the cake, it was one of the frozen 6 in cakes and I had to explain again that I had orderd a custom cake and she went back and eventually found our cake. Then when I went to pick it up at 11 it took about 10 minutes for them to find the cake in their cooler or wherever they store them. When the one guy came out saying he couldn't find it I was getting a little irritated because it was a $33 cake that we had only had 2 slices of.

Just wanted everyone to know...I ordered an 8" cake today with the little Mickey Heads and rolled fondant...there is a similar picture of this cake on the first page. Well, the price has gone up SIGNIFICANTLY unless I got really bad information. No castle on top...$80.00!:scared1:

The one in the picture has the castle and the breakdown of the charges and I was quoted $80.00 with just roses put on top. Just thought I'd let ya'll know...ordered it anyway since I had my heart set on it, but YIKES! It better be good!:rolleyes:

but the cake was supposed to be buttercream not the fondant style.

Same thing here... and I do not like fondant. DH said he's so sick of hearing about it. :headache:

But I say, if you pay $55 for a cake, you expect to get what you ask for. And I figure buttercream should be easier to do that fondant??? :confused3

Yes, I too would expect to get what I ordered -- and paid for.

Oh my GOSH those are fun cakes. My birthday is Friday. Wish I were going to be in a Disney park for one of THESE cakes. YUM!!!!:cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter