Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to everyone for their help on getting a cake for DD's birthday. Here are some pics:

The Cake
cake.jpg

Donald coming to help celebrate
Picture371.jpg

A Mischevious Donald - Putting a clever in Mickey's Head
IMG_4890.jpg

The Results
Picture373.jpg

What fun! And the cake was fabulous!
Lori

loribell - I can tell you are at Chef Mickey's, but where did you order your cake from?

It's very cute, and how fun that Donald was so silly!

loribell - I can tell you are at Chef Mickey's, but where did you order your cake from?

It's very cute, and how fun that Donald was so silly!

I ordered the cake from Chef Mickey's itself, 407-824-1520. It was $45 and was delicious!

Lori

Here is a picture of my sister's birthday cake from 1-14-07. We had dinner at the Crystal Palace and I had ordered it from the Crystal Palace bakery. Its the one that is suppose to feed 8 people and cost $33 plus tax.

BDayCake.jpg

Our waitress had it timed so that Eeyore, who is my sister's favorite character was at our table when the cake was brought out. It was very special and memorable. :) My sister had no idea what was on her cake since I wouldn't tell her and she loved it. Crystal Palace did a great job with the cake!

Is that with tax? I was under the impression those were 25 dollars, and the smaller ones 12.50. I am still trying to decide on should I order a cake from GF, for our breakfast at 1900, but that leaves me with the issue on what to do with it while we are in the parks, or order from BW bakery and pick it up, or just order from our resort.:bride::groom:

Is that with tax? I was under the impression those were 25 dollars, and the smaller ones 12.50. I am still trying to decide on should I order a cake from GF, for our breakfast at 1900, but that leaves me with the issue on what to do with it while we are in the parks, or order from BW bakery and pick it up, or just order from our resort.:bride::groom:
The cake is $25, but its an additional $8 to have an image on it, like on my sister's. The Koda image was $8, which makes it the $33, which doesn't include the tax. Our waitresses boxed our cake up and we left it at the Crystal Palace and picked it up a while later. We ate most of it before we left. We were able to get two little plastic containers like they put the cheesecake in from Everything Pop to bring the remainder home with us. Surprisingly enough it surived the flight home pretty well.

TY I thought that might be it after I had already posted all the planning and the stressing over trying to make everything the best I can has turned my brain into sludge I suppose lol. That makes sense the image and all I honestly forgot that they usually charge for the edible image. Again thank you for taking the time to help with that I just have so much going on that it all eventually clashes lol. I would like any type of reviews anyone may have on cakes from BW, or GF, and certainly if you have any experiences with what AKL can do as far as cakes I would be very greatfull to hear what they can do. I know they can do platters, baskets, and champagne and such. I have something special set up the day we arrive, but was really wanting to do a cake either at our hotel, or from one of the bakeries. Thank you again.:bride: :groom:

eb59a40b.jpg

eb599b7e.jpg

This cake was delicious!!! It was chocolate and everyone loved it.

This is her cake from the party we had at home the week before..(Not official from Disney...but a Princess Cake..princess:

eb5a85e9.jpg

Complete with castle topper!!!
eb5a7f9b.jpg

OMG! That cake is gorgeous! Where did you get the cake topper? i know you said it wasn't a Disney cake, but if i could get a hold of that topper i could have them put it on! I can't get over how beautiful that topper is! The cake is gorgoues too!:cloud9:

Thank you for the nice comments of the cake. When it was delivered, I actually choked up. I thought is was so beautiful and it exceeded our expectations. And then at the party, people wanted to cut it.... I was mortified... J/K... I let them cut the cake....But the top piece is in the freezer for DD, DH and I to enjoy on her 17th birthday and remember what a wonderful time we all had...

I ordered the cake topper online from the shop below. I was very pleased.

http://www.quinceanera-boutique.com...s&category=Accessories&subcat=Cake Decoration

This thread is great!! We are going in February, and I am racking my brain for which dinner to plan a cake for!!! LOL!!!

Here's a cake we got for my DD's birthday. It was at the Cape May Clam Bake. It was fabulous.

9.jpg

Haven't read through all the posts, so I apologize if this is already posted. We had dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby in Sept. 06 a few days before my DD 7th birthday. Since we were leaving WDW on her actual bday, she wore her :bday: button for the last few days. This is the cake she got at HBD-it was free, for her birthday. It was actually more of a mousse, than cake, but she loved it!

Blowing out the candle!

Here's a few more that weren't special order, but were still very good.!

California Grill Birthday Cake slice

Paint your own cookie-DD got this for her birthday at Akershus, Norway, Princess Breakfast in Sept. 04

DD got this cookie at Princess Storybook meal-lunch in Sept. 05

Can anyone tell me what the "slipper dessert" is.

Also, we will be staying at the GF in August and will celebrate our 20th anniversary at that time (the actual anniversary isnt until October, but why wait). Any suggestions for which type of cake - just not all chocolate.

Thanks.

Sorry, another question.

does anyone know if I were to supply the bakery at the GF with a minnie/mickey lenox decoration, would they put it on a cake for our anniversary or do they strictly stay to the white chocolate decorations?:banana:

I know what you mean, we will celebrate Faith's first birthday when we go and I cannot decide what kind of cake and where to have dinner. She wont care about where we eat but I still want it to be special.

This thread is great!! We are going in February, and I am racking my brain for which dinner to plan a cake for!!! LOL!!!

anyone ever get a cake from 50's Prime Time? Or should I have one made for our room at the BC instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter