Official Birthday/Anniversary Cake thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sajetto - What exactly is that Donald made of underneath all of that icing?

Does anyone know if characters (other than Mickey) are available in the white chocolate? Thanks!

He was made of white chocolate. His eyes and beak were painted with edible color.

Has anyone ordered the BDay chocolate mousse cake at Chef de France? Any pictures? Any good? Having dinner there for Grandma's BDay in June.

What does the White Chocolate Icing taste like? does it taste like regular buttercream icing and they just gave it a fancy name or what?

From the GF bakery this my husband's groom's cake. The flavors where chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse. It was delievered to Boma for a $75 fee:

weddingpics351.jpg

What a fantastic cake!! :love:

I did- they only offer the standard 6" for $13.50. It was actually pretty good (didn't taste frozen to me!)

Thanks for the info. The Garden Grill is most likely the place where we will be celebrating ds' 11th birthday. Since we'll be walking around Epcot afterward, it would be best not to have left over cake to schlep, so the 6" cake might be a good idea anyway. (Though those other cakes on this thread are gorgeous!!)

Okay, so here is the $55 Cinderella and Prince Charming cake.

100_2213.jpg

And here is the inside... sorry the picture is a little bright, but if you look in the upper left had corner, you can see a slice of it.

100_2214.jpg

And here is a better pic of the topper after we got it back to the room. They had to snap off a little of the background to get it in the box. But they did put it in a seperate box from the cake so neither would get damamged.

100_2217.jpg

Overall, I was happy. I was disappointed that I asked for vanilla buttercream and they gave me ganache. And the cake was a little dry. And I asked for pink flowers, not red. The colors of our wedding were dusty pink and white. Oh well. :confused3

I should have been more specific about the topper. They had Cinderella and Prince Charming wedding cake toppers in the GF gift shop for $25. That would have saved me $5, and I could have taken it home.

So all in all, it was good, but next time I will be VERY specific about what I want. Especially when I am paying $55 plus 18% service charge. :eek:

Hi all, I'm being a lazy bones here....

I looked through all the pictures on the first couple of pages, but I really don't have time to search through all the pages.

My question - has anyone ordered a cake for Spoodles? Do you call Spoodles directly? Does the Boardwalk Bakery deliver to Spoodles?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I'll try again. MK Bakery told me they don't have buttercream icing they use white Chocolate icing and my DH doesn't like White Choc at all does it actually taste like white choc or does it just taste like regular cake :confused3 icing?

I'll try again. MK Bakery told me they don't have buttercream icing they use white Chocolate icing and my DH doesn't like White Choc at all does it actually taste like white choc or does it just taste like regular cake :confused3 icing?

This past trip we had 2 cakes made from the MK bakery (Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern) and the frosting tasted like buttercream to me :confused3

Thanks for the info. The Garden Grill is most likely the place where we will be celebrating ds' 11th birthday. Since we'll be walking around Epcot afterward, it would be best not to have left over cake to schlep, so the 6" cake might be a good idea anyway. (Though those other cakes on this thread are gorgeous!!)

They offered me white cake with white icing and chocolate with chocalate icing. It had the standard Mickey Mouse Wafer on it. And the cake said Happy Birthday Mommy. DH said it tasted just as good as the $40 one we had later in the week at LTT for MVMCP. I will upload my pics later of all 3 cakes we had that week (lots of birthdays in our party!)

What a fantastic cake!! :love:

I LOVE the cake in your siggy! :cheer2: It's perfect, just what I'm looking for!

My DH and I are celebrating our first-wedding anniversary at CRT and we want to order a cake that looks like a small wedding cake, since we weren't able to save the top of our Disney Wedding Cake. princess:

I just love this one with the Chocolate Castle! It's beautiful! What is it called exactly? What did you ask for? What did it cost? Blah...blah...blah :goodvibes

florida2006005.jpg

Does anyone know what number to contact to order a cake to be delivered to CRT for dinner? :cheer2:

Or does anyone else have any first-wedding anniversary cake ideas?

Here are the photos our our cakes from our December 2006trip

IMG_0249-1.jpg

This is from Garden Grille. It was 13.50 (white cake with white icing)

IMG_0346.jpg

This one MK bakery made for us for dinner at LTT the night of MVMCP. It was $25 for the cake and $8 for the image (which they forgot to charge us for). It was a 3 layer white cake with white icing. DH thought the Garden Grille one was just as good.

We also had a Donald Duck and Daisy Duck at Crystal Palace from MK Bakery. It was $40 and I can't find a picture of it anywhere :( It was very similar to the Christmas cake above but with Donald and Daisy on it. It was also a triple layer white cake with white icing.

We've had the standard cake from Garden Grill and thought it was pretty darn tasty for the price. Actually, they didn't charge us for it so it was free, lol, but IMO it would have been worth 13.50 if they had charged us for it. ;)

Here are the photos our our cakes from our December 2006trip

IMG_0249-1.jpg

This is from Garden Grille. It was 13.50 (white cake with white icing)

IMG_0346.jpg

This one MK bakery made for us for dinner at LTT the night of MVMCP. It was $25 for the cake and $8 for the image (which they forgot to charge us for). It was a 3 layer white cake with white icing. DH thought the Garden Grille one was just as good.

We also had a Donald Duck and Daisy Duck at Crystal Palace from MK Bakery. It was $40 and I can't find a picture of it anywhere :( It was very similar to the Christmas cake above but with Donald and Daisy on it. It was also a triple layer white cake with white icing.

Thank you for posting your pictures!

:tinker: Hey there!
Just thought I would pass this along...called SSR today and was transfered to Olivia's @ OKW. They make the cake there since SSR doesn't have a regular bakery I guess. Then the cake is sent over to the store at SSR to be picked up anytime after 5PM. (SSR doesn't deliver to rooms.) Which is good because we'll be back later that evening and probably be craving sweets!!!! (The healthiest of all travel foods CAKE!!! hehe)
I ordered a 8" because she said that they can't really personalize the 6" (even though it'll be way more cake than two of us can eat!!) I got Vanilla cake with white chocolate filling. Kari Anne in the kitchen was very nice & was so cute when I said it was for my mom's 60th and that she was my best friend, she gave me an aaaawwwww! LOL Cute!
Okay...now...nothing left but, make the Fantasmic Dinner reservations...thank goodness!!!! :woohoo: I'm beat already and I haven't gone on the actual vacation!! LOL :laughing:

Do you have a picture of this cake? My family is going in March for my dad's 60th b-day & I want to order the 8" for him.

BTW, we have a late b-fast reservation at Chef Mickey's...has anyone ever ordered a cake from there for b-fast?! Thanks

I’ll be celebrating my birthday this year at WDW.

I think I’ll go with a Lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe for this. Have anyone ordered Birthday cakes from them recently? Shall I contact WCC directly, or there are other options (other bakeries) where I may order them from?

TIA :cake:

can we get the 6 in cake at crystal palace and can we order it when we get there
maria

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter