Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case there are any interested Princesses, I have an Illuminations Cruise booked for Friday night, and we have room for 5 more. If we get it full, it works out to $35/person not including tip. If anyone's interested, PM me.

3 spots left ladies!

It leaves from Y&BC at 8 PM, and you don't need park tickets. I've done the cruise several times, so if you have any questions, just ask.

Great job Tinkerbell ladies!!!!!

I only did 3.1 yesterday. I planned on 12 but was just feeling too blah to hamster wheel it that long. I was going to just do 5-6 but then my 5 year old asked if he could come with me and run. Never one to say no to one of my kids wanting to run, I brought him and just did 3.1. At least I was out there, I guess. I have been making my own training plan as I go and really, I just want to get in 12 once between now and a couple of weeks before the PHM. So I'll do it next Sunday. I do my 3.1 runs twice a week and then save Sunday for the long one. I just wish it weren't 9* here right now. Ugh!!

Great job Tinkerbell ladies!!!!!

I only did 3.1 yesterday. I planned on 12 but was just feeling too blah to hamster wheel it that long. I was going to just do 5-6 but then my 5 year old asked if he could come with me and run. Never one to say no to one of my kids wanting to run, I brought him and just did 3.1. At least I was out there, I guess. I have been making my own training plan as I go and really, I just want to get in 12 once between now and a couple of weeks before the PHM. So I'll do it next Sunday. I do my 3.1 runs twice a week and then save Sunday for the long one. I just wish it weren't 9* here right now. Ugh!!

I did 6 on Saturday it was not as cold but the wind was nasty. I am planning on 11 on Wednesday. I hope it warms up.

How did your 5 year old do on the 3.1? My 8 year old and I do a 5K the Saturday before Easter, we have a great time and my DD love the chocolate you get when your done. But I thought my 5 year old was too young so I did not sign her up.

I did 6 on Saturday it was not as cold but the wind was nasty. I am planning on 11 on Wednesday. I hope it warms up.

How did your 5 year old do on the 3.1? My 8 year old and I do a 5K the Saturday before Easter, we have a great time and my DD love the chocolate you get when your done. But I thought my 5 year old was too young so I did not sign her up.

DS5 ran one mile straight through (8 laps) and then he did his own version of interval training. I would run 3-4 laps and then he'd run one with me for the rest of it. He was so cute standing by the lockers cheering as I'd come around the bend and hold up his fingers for how many laps. This nice older man gave him a peppermint and you'd think it was a million dollars for how excited he was. :cloud9:

DS7 did a 5K turkey trot this past November and they both do the 1 mile runs at school. I have both of them signed up for the kids one mile and DS3 is doing the dash (I think it's 100m for his age group but might be 200m). I am hoping to sign all 3 of them up for the Neverland 5K next year when I run the Tink but I also try to keep it fun so I only take them when they ask to go. Or I'll say "Mommy's going on a fun run. Who wants to come with?" In the summer, I get a lot of takers. In the winter, not so much. But they know if we go to the track and they are good, I'll let them stop in the jump room before we leave, so that's some motivation.

DS5 ran one mile straight through (8 laps) and then he did his own version of interval training. I would run 3-4 laps and then he'd run one with me for the rest of it. He was so cute standing by the lockers cheering as I'd come around the bend and hold up his fingers for how many laps. This nice older man gave him a peppermint and you'd think it was a million dollars for how excited he was. :cloud9:

DS7 did a 5K turkey trot this past November and they both do the 1 mile runs at school. I have both of them signed up for the kids one mile and DS3 is doing the dash (I think it's 100m for his age group but might be 200m). I am hoping to sign all 3 of them up for the Neverland 5K next year when I run the Tink but I also try to keep it fun so I only take them when they ask to go. Or I'll say "Mommy's going on a fun run. Who wants to come with?" In the summer, I get a lot of takers. In the winter, not so much. But they know if we go to the track and they are good, I'll let them stop in the jump room before we leave, so that's some motivation.

I may bring my 5year old to the indoor track to see how she would like it.
In July there is a kids race, Sundowner 5K and Kids Race
I may enter them in that.

My DD runs track, which was one of the reasons I started running. She does the 100 m, 200 m, 400 m, 800 m, and long jump.

Here she is, in the blue, turning it on to pull out a win.
270319_10100253972808345_7071409_n.jpg

And here she is long jumping. Her longest jump this past season was 9'2" & she was only 7.

603058_10100890115363565_1903213530_n.jpg

And just because it's cute, her she is in her team uniform.

581255_10100900846104075_297890604_n.jpg

My DD runs track, which was one of the reasons I started running. She does the 100 m, 200 m, 400 m, 800 m, and long jump.

And just because it's cute, her she is in her team uniform.

]

That is awesome!!!. I wish that would offer something like that for the young kids by me.

So here's a question for you veteran gals...did my 7 mi today with DH and had a respectable 13:20 pace per mile which for us we are thrilled. I am finding though that my hands tend to swell making my chubby little fingers even more chubby ( at 5'4" and long torso...I did indeed get my scottish heritage build!) Didn't feel bad otherwise and thinking not enough water the day before and before the run or is there something else to take while running? I had a shotblock, water and gatorade on my running belt so willing to try other options.

My fingers swell like sausages sometimes and I find if I bend my arms for a little bit every now and then instead of just letting my hands hang down that helps.

Well I finished :) I knew it was going to be a tough one and I was right. Ouch...hurting today for sure! I really love his race though...lots of time in the parks and I really enjoyed the part of the course that runs through the city. PF is flared up big time and I'm super worried about Princess next month...I'm sure ill finish, but probably feelin like this again. It's a lot of my own fault though! I'd love to keep my legacy status and do it again next year...I really like this race! We had a few muscle numbing drinks over at Trader Sam's :) and now we're strolling California Adventure with our medals until its dinner time...ADR at the new Carthay Circle that I'm really excited about! Keep it goin' Princesses, we're so close!!!

Congrats on finishing!! Hope you're feeling less sore today. You have plenty of time to recoup before the Princess.

And just because it's cute, her she is in her team uniform.QUOTE]

She is cute :) I don't have kids and never realized they had track for young kids. That's awesome.

I got Mickey Mail this weekend -- my Magical Express voucher and those yellow luggage stickers. :banana:

I have a question for those who have been to the Expo before. I've been looking at compression socks/calf sleeves for awhile now and I was wondering if I should wait until the Expo. Do the vendors sell stuff at the regular prices or are there sales/discounts/specials? thanks

Holly

Hi all,

I've been lurking on this thread but I think it's finally time to jump in. I'll be doing the PH and run/walking and I'm pretty nervous about finishing, but also really excited. I'm staying at the BC with my fam but running solo. Any other solo runners on here? I had a team but they dropped out.

Looking forward to getting to know you over the next five weeks!

Liv

Greetings to everybody! I will be going to WDW for the princess marathon weekend. Being a guy, I am not doing the half marathon (my sister is)... But I want to do the Royal Family 5k! I want to wear a Disney themed costume for the race. Is anybody else planning on dressing up? Thanks, and I hope everybody's training is going well!

cantwaitvaca09 said:
I may bring my 5year old to the indoor track to see how she would like it.
In July there is a kids race, Sundowner 5K and Kids Race
I may enter them in that.

Definitely do it! The rare benefit of the indoor track is they can jump in where they can and sit out a lap or so when they need to.

MoonFaerie said:

Very cool!!!

JacksMama said:
Hi all,

I've been lurking on this thread but I think it's finally time to jump in. I'll be doing the PH and run/walking and I'm pretty nervous about finishing, but also really excited. I'm staying at the BC with my fam but running solo. Any other solo runners on here? I had a team but they dropped out.

Liv

I'm doing the same. My family is all going (and staying at BCV) but I'm running solo. Welcome!!

Hi all,

Liv

Hello! Me, too. I will be run/walking the PHM solo w/my family back at Beach Club.

Greetings to everybody! I will be going to WDW for the princess marathon weekend. Being a guy, I am not doing the half marathon (my sister is)... But I want to do the Royal Family 5k! I want to wear a Disney themed costume for the race. Is anybody else planning on dressing up? Thanks, and I hope everybody's training is going well!

Have you already signed up for the 5K? Because I heard that it was sold out! TONS of people dress up, so you would definitely not be alone.

Started my outfit for the run. I'm working on Fantasy Princess Minnie. Need to get going as DD wedding is one month after the half and it is taking so much of my time.

I did it! We're signed up for the 2013 Double Dare! I even saved $10 using the DVC discount code. :) It opens to the general public at noon tomorrow-- I wonder what % full it will be when registration opens.

Hey everyone! Im new to the forum :bitelip:
I was looking for some people to maybe meet up with pre-race at the 1/2. The people I was going to meet up with waited to long to sign up and now can't with the race sold out! :scared1:
Anyone willing to adopt a loner??? Its my first 1/2 and Im a bit nervous :worried:

Hey everyone! Im new to the forum :bitelip:
I was looking for some people to maybe meet up with pre-race at the 1/2. The people I was going to meet up with waited to long to sign up and now can't with the race sold out! :scared1:
Anyone willing to adopt a loner??? Its my first 1/2 and Im a bit nervous :worried:

Are you on any of the FB groups?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/249640615143957/

There are a lot of us going down solo or just running solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter