Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread - Take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonFaerie

DIS Veteran
Our old thread got locked for being to long, so here's a new one. :thumbsup2

Hello everyone!!

Here is a bit of info that we have as of now.

February 22 - 24, 2013
Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend
It's SOLD OUT!!!!!
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...half-marathon/
Expo is at Coronado Springs this year.

FB group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/249640615143957/

If you are planning on running, let me know, and I'll put your name on the roster! If I miss your post, feel free to PM me. I'm busy juggling being a full time student, working 25 hours a week, plus all the mom/wife stuff, so sometimes I'll get behind on the posts.

2BoysMom
2shortpeopleruleme
Acourtwdw
aggielawyer
aly0430
AmberHeartsDisney
amingione
amykay9377
andrea9873
annabanana
annmarieda
AnotherPrincess
Barefoot Princess
becky11
bellanotte10
BelleDreamer
Bookwood
brock201
bskelly07
Cantwaitvaca09
celestial63
Christie Lee
Christinascreative
cimrk0101
ColleenG
connersarah1
cookinfletch
CourtneykidOT
Craftydawn
creativeamanda
Cripey
CRUIZIN MAMMA
daisy112878
danielleyoung0
debbieandroo
DeerIsleDisney
dis-happy
DisneyDanielle85
DISNEYWITHCHILDREN
DIS-OH
dsnyfan21
dumbo_buddy
EEsloveDis
ellajeansmom
Fabulousmommy
fashionista311
FigmentMom
FlowerInAdversity
Fluffy_Princess
french lady
fsubigdogs
Gina15
Gryhndmom
gudrench3
happybaker
HappyMom2
HealthyAmber
Heatherann1015
helloirishkitty
HockeyKat
HomeSchoolMama
icicle
IMGONNABE40!
Jbennett5466
JCH
JenNel85
joan4mickey
jockey
jodipaige2004
joliren
KaseeLee
kindakrazy2
lizdotcom99
longhorns2
LoveMyMoos
LuLuO
Lynn5700
magickingdom
mahipp
MaMa3Princes
mamacate
MamaSmurf227
mana'olana
mindystar
MinnieDiva
MissBenilda
MizBrix
miztigg
momhmmx2
mommyof2princesses
Mommy to two Princes
mnosky
MoonFaerie
moparop
mroa1031
MRS AR
MsMulan
musclemouse
My4men
Ncsjodi
NC State
niclodn
Nishmom
olliffm1
pinky4disney
princessallegra
princessmeghan
princessnpirate
Princess on the Run
PrincessV
Rani8600
rapunzelruns
rizzobob
rosermama
samc
Sau418
saysay
semejorado
sherekhan
sissy_ib
Skx1122
Sojas3
ssdeverell
stasijane
Stitch Pelekai
sunnygal041
SuperHappyFunTimes
svwkirby
Swmr359
TaffieDoll
TeacupDemon
TeresaZ
Tfaze
thbath77
thebr0kenwriter
The_princess
Tiger Lily 03
TiggerAllie
TiggerFan3590
tinkeramy
tinkerbellfriend
tinkerbye
TinkLovinMama
TinyDancer
tmanaster
Tracer00
TXAng
Uccats97
VickiHD
wdwpluto
WeRunDisney
WsPrincess
Zuzu

Add me to the list also please!!! Can't wait for this, only 90 days away!!!!

I'm glad it's 90 days away! I could use even longer. My training plan just took a big hit. :sad1:

I had to skip my 10K on Thanksgiving. I was in the ER Wed night and even if I had felt up to it, I'd have been running on less than 2 hrs of sleep. I have a kidney infection, so I'm on Cipro, which is making me feel terrible. I also found out that I was born with only one working kidney. :eek: My one kidney is doing fine though - it's function is within the normal range for someone with 2 working kidneys, which is why blood work had never indicated a problem. Unfortunately, the one kidney working harder to make up for the missing kidney plus the infection means my blood pressure is really high. I'm on an ACE inhibitor now too.

One of the side effects of the Cipro is tendon problems all the way up to tendon rupture, and it can happen even MONTHS after I stop taking it. I can't imagine feeling up to running at all while I'm still on the antibiotics, and even after I'm done with them, I'll have to be careful.

I'm glad it's 90 days away! I could use even longer. My training plan just took a big hit. :sad1:

I had to skip my 10K on Thanksgiving. I was in the ER Wed night and even if I had felt up to it, I'd have been running on less than 2 hrs of sleep. I have a kidney infection, so I'm on Cipro, which is making me feel terrible. I also found out that I was born with only one working kidney. :eek: My one kidney is doing fine though - it's function is within the normal range for someone with 2 working kidneys, which is why blood work had never indicated a problem. Unfortunately, the one kidney working harder to make up for the missing kidney plus the infection means my blood pressure is really high. I'm on an ACE inhibitor now too.

One of the side effects of the Cipro is tendon problems all the way up to tendon rupture, and it can happen even MONTHS after I stop taking it. I can't imagine feeling up to running at all while I'm still on the antibiotics, and even after I'm done with them, I'll have to be careful.

Sending get well wishes to you !!!! Hope you feel better soon !!:flower3:

MoonFaerie said:
Our old thread got locked for being to long, so here's a new one. :thumbsup2

Hello everyone!!

Here is a bit of info that we have as of now.

February 22 - 24, 2013
Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend
It's SOLD OUT!!!!!
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...half-marathon/

FB group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/249640615143957/

If you are planning on running, let me know, and I'll put your name on the roster! If I miss your post, feel free to PM me. I've got finals coming up, so I'll be randomly MIA off and on for a few weeks. ;)

2shortpeopleruleme
Acourtwdw
aggielawyer
aly0430
AmberHeartsDisney
amingione
amykay9377
annabanana
Barefoot Princess
becky11
bellanotte10
BelleDreamer
brock201
Cantwaitvaca09
celestial63
Christie Lee
Christinascreative
cimrk0101
ColleenG
connersarah1
CourtneykidOT
Craftydawn
Cripey
CRUIZIN MAMMA
daisy112878
danielleyoung0
debbieandroo
DeerIsleDisney
DIS-OH
dsnyfan21
EEsloveDis
ellajeansmom
Fabulousmommy
fashionista311
FigmentMom
FlowerInAdversity
Fluffy_Princess
french lady
fsubigdogs
Gina15
Gryhndmom
gudrench3
happybaker
HappyMom2
HealthyAmber
Heatherann1015
HockeyKat
HomeSchoolMama
icicle
JenNel85
jockey
jodipaige2004
lizdotcom99
longhorns2
LuLuO
Lynn5700
magickingdom
MaMa3Princes
MamaSmurf227
mana'olana
mindystar
miztigg
mommyof2princesses
Mommy to two Princes
mnosky
MoonFaerie
moparop
mroa1031
musclemouse
My4men
Ncsjodi
NC State
niclodn
Nishmom
olliffm1
princessnpirate
Princess on the Run
PrincessV
Rani8600
rapunzelruns
rizzobob
Sau418
saysay
Skx1122
Sojas3
ssdeverell
Stitch Pelekai
SuperHappyFunTimes
svwkirby
TaffieDoll
TeacupDemon
Tfaze
thbath77
thebr0kenwriter
The_princess
TiggerFan3590
tinkeramy
tinkerbellfriend
tinkerbye
TinkLovinMama
TinyDancer
Uccats97
VickiHD
WeRunDisney
WsPrincess
Zuzu

I am running with DH! Staying at POR, it's my second Princess his First half marathon!

SOLD OUT!! Whhhhhaaaaaaa :sad: My friend who was going to come with me bailed and I was hoping I could convince my sister to sign up before it sold out. So now I am running alone and traveling alone :( Anyone else going solo and want a buddy to run and/or hit the parks together? I have a studio booked at BWV on DVC points. Anyone need a roomie. I know I will still have fun but it would be even more fun with a buddy.

Please add me to the list of runners..I'll be running my fifth and perhaps my last. I really don't like the change they made when they moved it to Feb. March is so much better for me and the Epcot Flower and Garden Show opens then, which I love. It is also high school basketball playoffs/post season and my DH coaches and his team often goes pretty far.

Stay healthy everyone!

I'm in it with you all! Supposed to run the marathon in January as long as my knee gets better. I did the princes in 2011 and crossing the finish line was an amazing feeling!

Moon I just PMed you to add to the list, then saw your update. I'm so sorry and hope you're clear of infection soon and have no side effects. Sending good vibes!

ColleenG said:
SOLD OUT!! Whhhhhaaaaaaa :sad: My friend who was going to come with me bailed and I was hoping I could convince my sister to sign up before it sold out. So now I am running alone and traveling alone :( Anyone else going solo and want a buddy to run and/or hit the parks together? I have a studio booked at BWV on DVC points. Anyone need a roomie. I know I will still have fun but it would be even more fun with a buddy.

I'm running and traveling alone. I know some meets are planed for before the race ( I hate waiting to start by myself). I will be there from Thursday until the Saturday after the race if u want to meet up for some park time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter