• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2013!

I just sent in my request to join facebook. We are going Oct 19-23rd staying at Port Orleans Riverside.!!!!

Hi Everyone,

We are going to WDW for the first time EVER from Oct 23 - 29, 2013. Our twin DDs will be turning 7 years old while we are there! We haven't told them yet and we don't plan to until a week before we leave.

We are staying at the POR in a Royal Guest Room and we have a 6-day park pass with park hopper.

I am SO excited!! Overwhelmed a bit but very excited!!

POROct2013 said:
Hi Everyone,

We are going to WDW for the first time EVER from Oct 23 - 29, 2013. Our twin DDs will be turning 7 years old while we are there! We haven't told them yet and we don't plan to until a week before we leave.

We are staying at the POR in a Royal Guest Room and we have a 6-day park pass with park hopper.

I am SO excited!! Overwhelmed a bit but very excited!!

We'll be there the same time (19-28) also at POR, and I have a 7 year old DD too!

ETA, our first trip too! Make sure you come join the Facebook group with us!

We are doing during the week of October 13th-18th. I am hoping for some great deals but am happy to go.

It is my first time to go and the first time for my 10, 9 and 4 year old. My husband has been twice.

I just convinced my husband to move up our vacation from Feb 2014 to October! I was wondering, do any special rates happen at that time of year? This will be our first time ever going (2 adults and 3 kids ages 2, 4 & 5). We are looking at Art of Animation studio. If we book now and some great discount opens, is there anyway to still benefit?

We booked for October 15th-22nd. This is our first family trip and my parents are also coming with us. I booked a family suite at ASMu. My kids will be 2 and 4 when we go. Thrilled to be going!

ckoshka said:
I just convinced my husband to move up our vacation from Feb 2014 to October! I was wondering, do any special rates happen at that time of year? This will be our first time ever going (2 adults and 3 kids ages 2, 4 & 5). We are looking at Art of Animation studio. If we book now and some great discount opens, is there anyway to still benefit?

Congrats!! You will have a wonderful time!! If a discount comes available after the time you book, just call and they will gladly adjust the price for the cheaper deal.

We haven't booked yet, but will be going Oct. 6-13 and probably staying at POFQ. Then we go to a timeshare the following week, meeting up with my Dad and WSM, and my brother and his wife. I am so excited! My Dad is paying for the second week, we added the first because I knew we wouldn't get enough Disney otherwise! We may all go a day or two, but I think mostly we will hang out at the resort and spend time together. This way, we can get our Disney fix in, and still use our tickets the following week if we all decide to go. We have previously gone in October of 2007 and 2011, and can't wait to go again! I look forward to spending the next 10 months with all of you!
Marce

After much debating back and forth over October vs. November, we are definitely heading back to WDW in October this year! DH and I were so tempted to take another November/Christmas/Festival of the Masters trip, but DS turns 3 at the end of October, and we just couldn't pass up one more trip of him being free. :goodvibes Right now we are planning on 8 nights at Bonnet Creek, with 5 Disney park days, one off day/MNSSHP night, and one day at Universal/IOA to finally see WWoHP! All we really know right now is that we will be there towards the end of the month, somewhere between the 16th and the 30th. We are kind of waiting for Southwest to open their flight schedule through then so that we can go for the cheaper fares, even if it means scheduling our trip mid-week through mid-week instead of weekend to weekend like we usually do! It will be our 3rd trip in October (DS's 2nd), and last year we spent his 2nd birthday in MK! I'm hoping our dates will work out to do the same again for his 3rd birthday. :wizard:

Decided to try offsite :confused: never done that before at WDW, but really excited to try Wyndham Bonnet Creek. After checking around, finding that we can stay in a 2BR for the same cost as a studio is too hard to pass up!!!!

I think you will be very pleased with your stay at WBC! The trip coming up will be our 4th time staying there, and it is really a great place to stay. We always have a car, and getting to and from the parks is a piece of cake. The resort is beautiful, and the rooms are really spacious and comfortable! In all those stays, we have NEVER made time for the pool, but I'm putting my foot down this year and we are GOING to spend some time in that pirate pool! :rotfl:

We will be there in October. We are staying at BCV from September 30th to October 8th. It will be my DH, myself, DD 3, our new little one who will be about 3 months then, and my mom.

It's a big trip for us this year. We will be celebrating our anniversary, DD's 4th birthday, and our little one's first trip.

October is our favorite time to go. With all our celebrations going on we also love the food and wine festival along with MNSSHP. This year DH will be running the ToT 10 miler.

We are so excited! Can't wait.

After years of doing sept. we are going to try Oct. this year, not sure how I feel about this yet but after the last 2 years of free dining I needed a change. The crowds last year during free dining were very rude and undisney like. I'm sure it was the only way some could afford to go. We still get to do MNSSHP which we love so I guess Oct will be OK. I was on the facebook page for last sept. and we met a few people down there and had great experiences we are even planning a summer meet somewhere in the middle of the 3 of us. So hopefully the Oct group will be as much fun!!!
Still haven't booked a room yet but going somewhere in the 2nd week.

Booked for Oct 27th - Nov 2nd at POR in a Royal Guest Room! It's my nieces first trip! She will be 2 (almost 3!) Looking forward to the trip and hoping for some kind of discount or PIN!!! :upsidedow

I think you will be very pleased with your stay at WBC! The trip coming up will be our 4th time staying there, and it is really a great place to stay. We always have a car, and getting to and from the parks is a piece of cake. The resort is beautiful, and the rooms are really spacious and comfortable! In all those stays, we have NEVER made time for the pool, but I'm putting my foot down this year and we are GOING to spend some time in that pirate pool! :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

That pool does look like a lot of fun! We are very excited the more I look into it. At first I was worried I would "lose" some of the magic, but I think that having that extra space and the ability to drive with the rental care will be amazing. Not to mention the money we are saving by doing this!

:welcome: to all the new folks!

We also have a Facebook group that is fairly active if anyone wants to join up!

Hi :wave: My name is Sheila and I just applied to join the October FB Group. Have not booked yet but planning on Going October 20-27 and hopeing for a discount!

We finally settled on our dates and will be at Bonnet Creek October 22nd-30th! I was feeling really sad going without a ticker for so long, so I'm happy to be able to add one now!

I am so excited!!! We just booked for October 20-26 at the POR. There we be 4 of us, my niece 23, my DD 14 and the DH and I. It is my first trip since 1982, hubbies since the early 90s and my DD first time ever. I am so very excited.

Just sent a request for the FB group. :) We will be back to the World this October. Our dates are either going to be Oct 18-27 (if we fly) or Oct 19-26 (if we drive), and we will be staying at POP. Haven't booked yet, but probably will soon. Hoping to snag free dining again this year, but we will go regardless. Hoping for warmer weather this year. Our Oct./Nov. trip way too cold last year! Need some warmth this time! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter