• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2013!

My DH and I are talking about taking a second trip in 2013 in the month of October. He mentioned it a few weeks ago and I thought it was just talk. Last night he brought it up again. He plans to retire from the military in October and wants to head straight to Disney after his ceremony. Currently we go every Feb but since he will be starting a new job(hopefully) at that point he wants to go before he starts because it could be a year before we can go on vacation again. After that our trips will be in October. I've always wanted to go in October because I love Halloween and would love all the decorations. I hope this really happens. Fingers crossed. In January I'll have to turn in my vacation weeks for 2013 at my job so by then we will have more of a plan as to when exactly.

I found out that my sons school is going to change up the calendar for next year a bit. They are starting the first week of August and are going to take a whole week for Fall break instead of 3 days, its also a week later than I thought. I get to add a day! Yeah!!!! So I changed our dates to Oct 21-26!!:dance3:

I booked our Oct 2013 vacation this past week. Not sure if we are more excited about staying at WL for the first time or going to MNSSH. Now to talk hubby into dressing up too! My boys will have two days off of school the end of the month, so taking them out for 3 days to make it a week in FL is totally worth it.

I posted in a different 2013 October thread, I booked DD5 and my first DL trip Oct 7-12th at VGC , we did WDW Halloween this year and we both loved it. I have been wanting to see HMH for awhile and It's during her fall break from school. I plan on surprising her this time because she knew about the WDW trip this year for 4 months and in sure it was torture for her. I am very excited about this trip. Will prob do 4 day hoppers and MHP tickets

@kristikat - we might be going around the same time again in 2013!!! (We both went in feb 2012).

We are thinking about a family trip (us, my sister and her fam, and my parents) in Oct 2013. We'll know more in April, when we all know if were going to Italy in July as a family (tacked on to me, dh, and dd's trip to Ireland). If we don't go to Europe, we're going to wdw! If we DO go to Europe, we'll push Disney back to early 2014 or fall 2014. :-)

@kristikat - we might be going around the same time again in 2013!!! (We both went in feb 2012).

W as thinking about a family trip (us, my sister and her fam, and my parents) in Oct 2013. Well know more in April, when we all know f were going to Italy in July as a family (tacked on to me, dh, and Ed's trip to Ireland). If we don't go to Europe, we're gong to wdw! If we DO go to Europe, we'll push Disney back to early 2014 or fall 2014. :-)

I remember seeing you on the boards for Feb 2012. We had a great time and we enjoy going in Feb. My DH will be retiring from the military in late 2013 so while we are still going in Feb 2013 we may take a second trip after his retirement.
We had a great time when we went to Disney with my sister's family. To me, more people equals more fun. I'm sure you'll all have a great time where ever you end up going.

We are going in Oct 2013 too! Planning to be there 10/4-10/13!!! Longest trip for us yet!!! We had originally booked a cruise on the Allure for this week, but I cannot seem to get past the thought of flying all the way to FL without going to WDW! Especially since the costs of 4 of us coming from AZ is so high, it is quite a while inbetween trips. Sooooo, we all decided we would prefer to spend the time back with Mickey!!!!

We are going to rent pts from a Dis'er to stay at a Villa this time around... We'll see how that goes. Really excited and looking forward to this! Sending my request to join the FB group...

Well, I just noticed the kids break for next fall has been changed again.....

So, I had to call yesterday and once again, change our vacation dates. We are now going 10/11 - 10/20 and moved to AllStars Music for now.

Sadly, that pushed us back up to 300 days away. LOL!!! Today we are back in the 200s... 299 to be exact, but its still less than 300!! :)

Decided to try offsite :confused: never done that before at WDW, but really excited to try Wyndham Bonnet Creek. After checking around, finding that we can stay in a 2BR for the same cost as a studio is too hard to pass up!!!!

Going back in October 2013 for our 2nd trip!! My supervisor approved my vacation dates today, so I can finally book.

We're staying Saturday, Oct. 19 thru Friday, Oct. 25 for sure. I'd like to add either the Friday before or Saturday after too, depending on flight times and cost. Am I better off booking all nights we may be there and then calling later to remove a night if need be? Or do I book just the for certain dates, then add on the other night later? Thanks for the advice and help in advance!

I'm so excited to go back! We're def going to MNSSHP, hope my DS5 can make it thru to midnight!

My parents were discussing the possibility of returning to the world in october of 2013! We're looking at the 20-27th! So exciting!

Okay! I'm in! WooHoo! We're taking a girls only trip Oct. 23-28. We're hoping for free dining during the food and wine festival too! Its going to be me, a nurse tech (CNA), and 3 of my nurses. We all work at a small surgical hospital and we had to plan careful 'cause only 1 nurse at a time is allowed vacation. And half of our night nurses are going on this trip! I'm supa excited!

Hello all! I am planning a trip for October 2013 for just my husband and myself. This will be our first EVER trip ANYWHERE without the kids! We will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. It seems so cruel to go to Disney without the kids ;) but Epcot Food & Wine Festival doesn't really appeal to them anyway!

Our dates will be 10/21-10/27. We will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside!

It seems like forever from now. My DH thinks I am nuts to be planning so far in advanced! We've had to cancel a Disney trip twice now (one in 12/2011 & one in 6/2012) due to finances and work conflicts so my goal is to set this one in stone!!! We have another "tentative" trip in the works for the entire family for June of 2014 at the new AoA suites. By then the entire Fantasyland will be open and we may even sneak in two days at Universal. So I keep telling the kids (and myself) that to fend off my guilt about going to Disney without them this year! :lmao:

Decided to try offsite :confused: never done that before at WDW, but really excited to try Wyndham Bonnet Creek. After checking around, finding that we can stay in a 2BR for the same cost as a studio is too hard to pass up!!!!

We stayed in a 2 bedroom at WBC this past September and loved it! Our only wishes were:

1) That we could've been in Tower 4,5,or 6 with a Fireworks view. We were in Tower 3 and could see the Epcot ball from our elevators.

2) The slide for the pirate ship had been open.

Other than that we LOVED it! Except for Animal Kingdom its close to all of the parks. Its situated just across the road from CBR. I hope you enjoy it there for this trip.

Just found this thread. We're booked for 9/27-10/5. We'll be staying at the Beach Club (unless I change my mind again) and will be bringing my mom. Can't wait! Now I'm off to find this Facebook group.:hyper:

Hi all!
Me and my boyfriend will be there from 10/19 to 10/26 and we plan to stay some more days at Universal after Disney. It's going to be our first trip to WDW and also to the United States and I'm sooooo happy! It has been my dream for so long that I can't even start believieng it's going to come true. :banana:
We're coming from Spain so it's going to be a long and quite expensive trip :P I'm sure it will be worth it. We are going to MNSSHP for sure, I'm a huge Halloween fan!! YAAAAY!! I'm really excited to start planning!
Well, this is my first post so I'd like to say that I'm really happy to start sharing my love for Disney with all of you too! :cheer2:

PS. Sorry if my english is not the best, def not my first language, hope you can understand me without too much hassle :P

HollowGrl said:
Hi all!
Me and my boyfriend will be there from 10/19 to 10/26 and we plan to stay some more days at Universal after Disney. It's going to be our first trip to WDW and also to the United States and I'm sooooo happy! It has been my dream for so long that I can't even start believieng it's going to come true. :banana:
We're coming from Spain so it's going to be a long and quite expensive trip :P I'm sure it will be worth it. We are going to MNSSHP for sure, I'm a huge Halloween fan!! YAAAAY!! I'm really excited to start planning!
Well, this is my first post so I'd like to say that I'm really happy to start sharing my love for Disney with all of you too! :cheer2:

PS. Sorry if my english is not the best, def not my first language, hope you can understand me without too much hassle :P

That sounds like an awesome first trip, don't forget HHN at universal, MNSSHP is awesome

Sorry for whining....

I'm about ready to tell my parents I'm not going in Oct and just going to hold off for a while. I had originally planned and booked back in April to take my kids camping at Disney this past Oct. Since I told my folks, they've invited themselves. Then over the summer asked if I could postpone it a year so they could save up a bit to bring my neice and nephew as well. Not a big deal, so I broke it to my kids we were putting the trip off a year and changed my ressies. Then a month ago, I'm told my neice refuses to go if she has to stay in a tent. So I called and changed my res to ASMus and told my folks they'd have to book a room as well since we can't all 8 fit in a standard room, and the CM I spoke to would not let me book two rooms if I'm not actually staying in both. So them my dad got upset because he doesn't want to have to pay so much and then wanted me to see about exchanging into DVC through his Bluegreen/rci acct. That's cool and all... its a headache and something that has to be constantly monitored if we don't put in a 'ongoing search'. Plus, there's no guaruntee he'll get a 2 bedroom for the exact week we want (Last time we ended up just taking a week in July instead of Oct because of this). Got on there today and discovered he's shy some points to even get a 2BR. I don't mind paying the extra for the points, but that's IF we can even find an open room. So because of all that, he wants to stay off site to save himself some money. ARGH!!!! This was the trip I was supposed to take my kids on this past Oct!!! LOL

I text my mom that they could stay where ever.. they have enough points for a 1BR or they can just stay at the Fountains... My kids and I can stay in a different resort. Doesn't bother me one bit. Its not flying with her... she thinks we HAVE to stay together every second of every day while we're there.

I'm just really sad because I don't want my happy family trip to already be making me NOT want to even go :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter