1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

October 2013!

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by Eoywin, Apr 4, 2012.

1. moose615

moose615 DIS Veteran

This is the place to rant, I've read so many post about horrible trips with family members, this past oct my mom went with DD and I and we had a blast and in march we are going again but this time my dads coming along and should be a blast again, but overall a Disney trip should be fun, you pay enough money for it not to be fun, so if there's something that is keeping your family from Disney fun, gotta do what ya gotta do

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cierese

Cierese Mouseketeer

They all went with us last year as well. It was a great trip, but there was no fussing because a friend gave us their points to use and everything switched over nicely to a OKW 2BR. The only drawback was we ended up going in July instead of Oct. That and the sleeper sofas are NOT comfy. The kids were good, my neice only complained once or twice! (She's used to getting everything exactly as she wants it) My youngest didn't really have any meltdowns (sensory and anxiety issues) We just kept him away from all characters and planned mid-day down time. The car ride back was my least favorite part because they all (exp my Mom) rode in my van. No van this year. So 2 cars will be a good thing, too. I'm just all stressed out about the room situation right now.

4. sarahkate60120

sarahkate60120 Earning My Ears

We are going for five nights in mid to late October. I thought October 17 - 22 but that may change a bit depending on my daughter's school schedule. Why can't they release them sooner!!!

We plan to celebrate my daughter's 8th birthday at Disney. This will be her second trip, the first was December of 2011 and my 5th. I don't know who is more excited me or my daughter.:banana::banana::banana:

5. c4alymom

c4alymom Mouseketeer

I am sure this has been asked a TON of times, but I am an obsessive planner and am really struggling over something... We have never been to MNSSHP... My kids will be 12 and 11 when we are there in OCT and since we are staying at Bonnet Creek, our budget would open up a little room for us to go to the party... Is it really worth it if they are not really into the trick or treating? Both of them have stated that they are not "into" waiting in line for characters on this trip (although Mickey is happening for Mommy!). Neither of them really like candy, so that is not a big draw. My daughter LOVES Halloween, so I think she will enjoy it, but my son isn't really into dressing up anymore either...

Sorry for rambling on.

6. mhnewcomb

mhnewcomb Mouseketeer

Hey! Oct. 8-15 here, and OKW as well. Maybe we will meet at some point...I'll be with 13 to 18 other family members/friends! (It might be easier to look for the crazy lady ripping her hair out while drinking with both hands at the Gurgling Suitcase... :rotfl2: )

7. aubreysmom09

aubreysmom09 Mouseketeer

Looks like we are going October 26- Nov 2. Things could change. Sometimes my DH wants to add a cruise. I would like to have a Villans Birthday. We have decided POFQ, but we can't book until next month.

8. Tarheel girl 1975

Tarheel girl 1975 Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

Do your kids like parades and fireworks? We love the Boo to You Parade and Hallowishes. They also have the Villain mix and Mingle show at the castle. I know you said that your kids weren't into meeting characters, but at the party you have the opportunity to meet some of the villains who are never out. The lines for the rides are also really low unless you are going on on near Halloween. (We've only been in the beginning of Oct.)

9. DisneyMOM09

DisneyMOM09 Blessed to be in love with a man who loves Disney!

This year will be our first ever October trip, we have always gone to Disney in the Spring, so I am super excited to experience it during my favorite season!!!

10. c4alymom

c4alymom Mouseketeer

Actually, I think the Villains alone would make it worth it for my daughter! She is very into them! The parade wouldn't really interest them, but the fireworks would be fun! And with the lines being lower, that is a nice PLUS!

Thanks for the response. :)

11. stnet

stnet Mouseketeer

We are going Oct 5th - Oct 12th and staying at BLT. Really looking forward to it!!

12. jennytmitch

jennytmitch Earning My Ears

We are planning a trip. 10/06 - 10/13. Hopefully staying at POR.

13. JennisSilly

JennisSilly Mouseketeer

14. JennisSilly

JennisSilly Mouseketeer

We'll be there October 12-20! Planning on AKL (Once my DVC 7 month window opens) and DxDP! DH, myself, and DD for sure, maybe others too :)

15. brobrosmom

brobrosmom DIS Veteran

Short F&W trip...Oct 11th-14th. Haven't been able to do too much planning on this trip yet. Still have to do February and May trips. LOL :goodvibes

16. Goin2Disney2006

Goin2Disney2006 Mouseketeer

We have decided to go this year :yay: Not sure what week, either 10/12-19 or 10/26-11/2. If we go 10/26-11/2 we will spend our anniversary (11/1) there.

Any idea when the MNSSH dates will be announced...if they haven't been announced already.

Can't wait to really start planning this :yay:

17. Eoywin

Eoywin Chaos Mandy

I think MNSSHP dates won't be released until after April - my TA mentioned that they won't be out until after my 180 day mark (for ADR's) which is in April.

18. PeanutButterMom

PeanutButterMom Mouseketeer

I have May 1st marked on my calendar for MNSSHP. I think that was going off last year's date

19. Tarheel girl 1975

Tarheel girl 1975 Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

You could look at last years schedule for MNSSHP dates. I think they usually have parties on Sundays, Thursdays, and Fridays.

20. Sleepyhappyandgrumpy

Sleepyhappyandgrumpy Mouseketeer

Sent my request to join the FB group :) Excited to be planning for MNSSHP & a week in our favorite place!!

21. FuzzyLump502

FuzzyLump502 Earning My Ears

Hey all! New to DIS boards so not quite up on all the shortcut lingo... Wife and I are booked for Oct 19-27... Can't wait... Just the two of us no kids yet,, our 4th trip as a couple and I literally grew up at WDW as a kid... Will be doing MNSSH for first time....