• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

If I were you I would stick with Ohana's. This trip is YOUR birthday trip. If you want to go then go.

P.S. I like your new siggy. I especially like your pic.:love: I love me some Jack Sparrow.:love:

Since I know she's not around, I'll beg for her!! HA! :lmao:

Otherwise, can't wait for those chapters! Dying to see your binder, esp.

Liesa

First of all...

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Leisa was right...I am salivating for that story!!!!!! PRESIDENTIAL SUITE?!?!?!?!?

Ok...I have to ask...because it is bugging me.

Are you famous? Are you some famous author? Is that why you won't show your face? Some famous artist? A CIA agent?

:scratchin

And I will just have to see what everyone else here says about the food...because I have had none of those meals. :sad2:

We have always liked Ohanas......always have enjoyed our food and the atmosphere, but that is just us......I think you should go for it and leave Breakfast w/Mickey the way you guys are used to.....as you say, it works well....and if it isn't broke, then why fix it????

You make a good point. One of my fears is that if I change things too much, I won't recognize this trip anymore. We all have certain things we like to do, for us, though it may be "boring" to do the same thing every trip, we really do enjoy breakfast at Chef Mickey's.

If I were you I would stick with Ohana's. This trip is YOUR birthday trip. If you want to go then go.

Good point.

P.S. I like your new siggy. I especially like your pic.:love: I love me some Jack Sparrow.:love:

Thanks! I was fiddling around with it last night to come up with something new, and I thought, I really need a pic of the good captain in here.

"Why is the rum always gone? Oh...that's why." :lmao:

First of all...

Leisa was right...I am salivating for that story!!!!!! PRESIDENTIAL SUITE?!?!?!?!?

Ok...I have to ask...because it is bugging me.

Alright, dearie. If I can manage it, I'll get that story up here within the next couple of days. It gets harder for me to get on the Dis during my work week, which is Wed - Sat, but I'll give it the ole college try.:thumbsup2

Are you famous? Are you some famous author? Is that why you won't show your face? Some famous artist? A CIA agent?

:scratchin

:blush:

Nope. I am just your run of the mill Disney / Jack Sparrow nut. I also happen to be worried about two things with regard to the whole face thing. One, there are a lot of less than savory characters out there who would like nothing more than to prey on children. That terrifies me. Two, I've discussed some personal things on the DIS, like work and family and such, and right now I'm still retaining some level of anonymity were anyone to try to figure out who I am. Especially in regard to work. I've definitely complained about it, and I would really hate for it to come back and bite me in the...patoot. :lmao:

And I will just have to see what everyone else here says about the food...because I have had none of those meals. :sad2:

But you will soon!!!! :goodvibes

We plan our days around our meals! That is one of the most important parts! :laughing:

Personally, I think you should stick with Ohana's for dinner. We were seriously underwhelmed by Chef Mickey's for dinner -- nothing -- beside the Mickey head oreo bon-bon thingamajigs sticks out in my mind about the food there.

As far as your mom finding a bad review of Ohana's -- that's not hard to do -- I have found bad reviews about every single meal we have eaten or will eat at Disney -- including the Brown Derby! :eek: I have also found bad reviews of every single resort we have ever stayed at -- some people are just impossible to please.

Go with where you want to eat -- especially if DH wants to eat there, too! :goodvibes

I'm late to this response party and you've already gotten enough great answers to your quandary.....

But can I just say that now it's MY turn to live vicariously through YOU?...I am so missing the planning-out-my-week-long-trip-with-Free-Dining. I mean, it's only natural to plan your trip around your ADRs!:rolleyes:

Trying to wrap my little brain around you and DH waiting at the bus stop and just hopping on whatever one shows up first....It's so....unnatural, yet so...alluring somehow....

And for what it's worth, I'd stick with your plan as-is. I've never eaten at Ohana but we, too, always do Chef Mickey's for breakfast! :goodvibes

So makes me think of you patiently waiting through my picking those out. :goodvibes

Like it was a chore or something! LOL

I think I remember Heidi recommending as well, if you didn't like the way a portion of meat was prepared to just wait for the next round because they have no issue with bringing you more, you know?

We have a Brazilian BBQ a.k.a. churrascuria a.k.a. Rodesian steakhouse near us. The meat is served there like it is at O'hana. When the meat first comes out on the skewers, it tends to be medium-rare. I know you like your meat less pink than that so I'm sure O'hana is like this place - show them what you want and they'll bring it back to cook it some more. It's possible Disney cooks more to medium, though. They like to be on the "safe" side. LOL

And as for why it comes out medium rare (I asked because it's sometimes even closer to rare, depending on the meat) - it continues cooking on the skewer so if they were to cook it any more it would be well done and start to dry out by the time they were halfway through serving.

As far as your mom finding a bad review of Ohana's -- that's not hard to do -- I have found bad reviews about every single meal we have eaten or will eat at Disney -- including the Brown Derby! :eek: I have also found bad reviews of every single resort we have ever stayed at -- some people are just impossible to please.

Seriously. CP is so right. Remember how worried I was about San Angel Inn? And it was one of the best meals of the trip!

Alright, dearie. If I can manage it, I'll get that story up here within the next couple of days. It gets harder for me to get on the Dis during my work week, which is Wed - Sat, but I'll give it the ole college try.:thumbsup2

:blush:

Nope. I am just your run of the mill Disney / Jack Sparrow nut. I also happen to be worried about two things with regard to the whole face thing. One, there are a lot of less than savory characters out there who would like nothing more than to prey on children. That terrifies me. Two, I've discussed some personal things on the DIS, like work and family and such, and right now I'm still retaining some level of anonymity were anyone to try to figure out who I am. Especially in regard to work. I've definitely complained about it, and I would really hate for it to come back and bite me in the...patoot. :lmao:

No hurry on the story! :) It can definitely be after your work week is over! :goodvibes

I totally get the face thing! And the work thing!

And I can't wait until I have so actual opinions about some different restaurants! :goodvibes

We plan our days around our meals! That is one of the most important parts! :laughing:

No argument here. :lmao:

Personally, I think you should stick with Ohana's for dinner. We were seriously underwhelmed by Chef Mickey's for dinner -- nothing -- beside the Mickey head oreo bon-bon thingamajigs sticks out in my mind about the food there.

Okay, good to know. :thumbsup2

I know you're right. And it's so much easier to find bad reviews, as opposed to good ones.

Go with where you want to eat -- especially if DH wants to eat there, too! :goodvibes

He is game to try it, which is a big plus for me. And hey! Thanks for still responding to my queries when your trip is so close! I'm amazed you have time to DIS!!! :goodvibes

But can I just say that now it's MY turn to live vicariously through YOU?...I am so missing the planning-out-my-week-long-trip-with-Free-Dining. I mean, it's only natural to plan your trip around your ADRs!:rolleyes:

Feel free to live vicariously. :thumbsup2

Trying to wrap my little brain around you and DH waiting at the bus stop and just hopping on whatever one shows up first....It's so....unnatural, yet so...alluring somehow....

It's not hard, I swear. And some day, I will do it again.

That's a promise.

I may have even suckered Tink into it, we'll see.

And as for why it comes out medium rare (I asked because it's sometimes even closer to rare, depending on the meat) - it continues cooking on the skewer so if they were to cook it any more it would be well done and start to dry out by the time they were halfway through serving.

Thanks for the recommendation. As to that, I think I'll be okay without being medium rare, in the sense that I only plan on eating the turkey and pork, and that won't bother me like it would with red meat.

Seriously. CP is so right. Remember how worried I was about San Angel Inn? And it was one of the best meals of the trip!

So true!

No hurry on the story! :) It can definitely be after your work week is over! :goodvibes

And I can't wait until I have so actual opinions about some different restaurants! :goodvibes

Yeah, I can totally tell I'm not going to have the appropriate amount of time to devote to this. Hopefully I can type it up this weekend.

I can't wait for you to have opinoins about restaurants too! Is that weird? :lmao:

I think I remember Heidi recommending as well, if you didn't like the way a portion of meat was prepared to just wait for the next round because they have no issue with bringing you more, you know?

Yup, I wrote that. I've gotten meat that was dry....(never rare) so I just asked for more the next time I saw a server walk by.

Oh....that menu you posted from Allears is wrong. I'll see if I can find a correct one for you.

Now you know what a wonderful time I had at both Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana's in Oct :rolleyes1 and I have to say that the food is way better at 'Ohana's.....hands down.

I think you would be really disappointed if you went to Chef Mickey's for dinner instead of breakfast. Somethings just don't need to be changed...Chef Mickey's for breakfast the day of MNSSHP is an excellent plan...why change it if it works?

Keep the Sci-Fi lunch...you will need the break from Mom and Nana.

This is the correct menu :

Entree/Main Course (Dinner)
Ohana's Dinner Adult 5:00pm - 10:00pm - Starters: Pork fried dumplings, Corriander chicken wings, and Mixed Greens with Honey-Lime dressing. Skewers (prepared over an oak fire): Marinated sirloin steak, Asian BBQ pork loin, Mesquite grilled turkey, and non-peeled shrimp. Accompaniments: broccoli and green peas and pad Thai noodles. Sauces: peanut, chimichurri and sweet-and-sour. Dessert: 'Ohana bread pudding a la mode with Banana Foster sauce. Includes coffee, tea and soda. - $26.99

I love it when I am right! :rotfl:

He is game to try it, which is a big plus for me. And hey! Thanks for still responding to my queries when your trip is so close! I'm amazed you have time to DIS!!! :goodvibes

Oh, I always have time to DIS! I will probably be DISing Saturday morning while I wait for everyone to finish getting ready. :rolleyes:

Yup, I wrote that. I've gotten meat that was dry....(never rare) so I just asked for more the next time I saw a server walk by.

That's what I thought.

Now you know what a wonderful time I had at both Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana's in Oct :rolleyes1 and I have to say that the food is way better at 'Ohana's.....hands down.

I'm glad to know your opinion on this. I was thinking that you would pick Ohana's.

I think you would be really disappointed if you went to Chef Mickey's for dinner instead of breakfast. Somethings just don't need to be changed...Chef Mickey's for breakfast the day of MNSSHP is an excellent plan...why change it if it works?

This is pretty much how my husband feels. It was so shocking to me to see how much he's invested in our little vacation traditions.

Keep the Sci-Fi lunch...you will need the break from Mom and Nana.

:lmao: You said it first. :lmao:

This is the correct menu :

Entree/Main Course (Dinner)
Ohana's Dinner Adult 5:00pm - 10:00pm - Starters: Pork fried dumplings, Corriander chicken wings, and Mixed Greens with Honey-Lime dressing. Skewers (prepared over an oak fire): Marinated sirloin steak, Asian BBQ pork loin, Mesquite grilled turkey, and non-peeled shrimp. Accompaniments: broccoli and green peas and pad Thai noodles. Sauces: peanut, chimichurri and sweet-and-sour. Dessert: 'Ohana bread pudding a la mode with Banana Foster sauce. Includes coffee, tea and soda. - $26.99

Thanks for the correct menu! :thumbsup2

I love it when I am right! :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Oh, I always have time to DIS! I will probably be DISing Saturday morning while I wait for everyone to finish getting ready. :rolleyes:

HA! It's only funny because it's so, so true.

I swear. It's a real affliction. One that has troubled me as of late.

Because it wouldn't be a TK PTR if we didn't have some kind of footwear agnst.

I am me, after all! :lmao:

I ordered a few different kinds of sandals from Shoebuy the other day with a great 20% off code. I love 20% off, and my 10% off member discount, and free shipping and returns.

Don't tell Tink though. The purchasing of shoes is her weakness, and I fear the results could be catastrophic.

Also, her BF would kill me. Then again, they do call me The Enabler. Mwa-ha-ha. :lmao:

So the problem is a real one. Working at the bank has really messed up my feet. No joke. And given that I used to wear not the best shoes when I worked in retail in and after college, I really wasn't paying attention to what you really should be wearing on your feet. For example, good shoes...well...they tend to be expensive.

And it's to the point now where I have to remind myself to sit down during my shifts, because even with good shoes, my feet will still hurt at the end of the day. Which is really sad, when you think about it. But that's what I get for working on thin carpet that's most likely laid directly on top of concrete. It hurts. :sad1:

I've been wearing Merrells for a while now, and certain styles work really well for work. It's hard to find a sandal that's appropriate enough for work and could maybe serve my trip as well. I ordered a pair, but they just didn't seem to have enough support. So back they went.

Now, I had a fantastic pair of Teva flip flops, and they were awesome. I say were because I had the misfortune of discovering mid-World Showcase walking on my trip with Tink that those flip flops...well, I think I wore them into the ground. Literally. I remember wearing them the majority of last summer, and for my 8 day Pirate's Life for Three trip, and quite frankly, I think they're done. D-U-N, done. :lmao:

It's sad, because I liked them.

DSCI0006-1.jpg

Now, why wouldn't I just buy the same thing? Well, I would, but I can't find them in my size in black.

Anywhere.

On the net.

Trust me, google is my friend, I looked. It may be a discontinued style, I don't know. And I really need black to go with my outfits, I'm not sure anything else will work.

Now I tried on a pair of Keens (part of the original order), but the strap around the back was too tight for my taste, and too enclosed.

Which lead me to believe I might like these.

os_keen_violet.jpg

Um, yeah. I know I just said that I really need black to go with my outfits. And I'm not so much for the color there, but that's all they have in my size. I'm trying to be objective here. I don't "see" this color on my feet, but if they fit and they're comfortable I may have to forgo convention here and try something new.

Something different.

As the boy would say.

Now I'm also VERY partial to these Keens.

cs_black_keens.jpg

I have actually tried these before, but could not get over the $80 price tag. :scared1: That hurt. It was painful to imagine. Basically, I wore them around the house, loved the support of the footbed, wasn't sure if the top part would cut into my foot too much during a long day of walking, and sent them back. Because for $80, indecision is not a good thing. Back they go.

However, given the 20%, then 10%, and free shipping and returns, those are actually running me...$57.56. Now that's still pricey, but it's quite a bit better than $80.

The other sandals up there run about $61.16. Not a huge difference here, but one simple thing to remember. The first pair, I can't wear to work. The black ones, I can. And I'd really like some black sandals for work, in addition to a pair of trip sandals. Will they last all summer and for the trip? I have no idea. One step...ha ha...at a time.

And that brings me to the last pair I've been coveting, also Keens.

Keen_Bali.jpg

Now these run about $60 depending on the web site (Shoebuy doesn't carry them, so no fun discount) but I can't find them anywhere in black in my size. Joy. The thrill of the hunt. The internet hunt.

They will be mine. Oh, yes. They will be mine.

Heck, who even knows if they're comfy. But they look it.

So, I thought we'd take a break here from the ADR angst and switch to shoe angst. Because while both are fun, shoe angst is infinitely easier. Only one person to please, and that's...me. ;)

well...

Gosh...I have nothing to say. But, I will still talk. :lmao: I hate lurking on TK's report!

I am not a shoe person. I own about 3 pair of shoes that I actually wear. Black crocks, tennis shoes and a pair of nice black shoes for the rare occasions that I dress up (everyone wears jeans to my church, so I don't get many opportunities to dress up).

Anyway...I am still here...and good luck with the shoes! :)

well...

Gosh...I have nothing to say. But, I will still talk. :lmao: I hate lurking on TK's report!

I am not a shoe person. I own about 3 pair of shoes that I actually wear. Black crocks, tennis shoes and a pair of nice black shoes for the rare occasions that I dress up (everyone wears jeans to my church, so I don't get many opportunities to dress up).

Anyway...I am still here...and good luck with the shoes! :)

Not...

a...

shoe person?

Brain still processing, does not compute. ;)

Just kidding, hon. Honestly, my problem is that I have a lot of shoes (from when I used to wear the cutesy non-supportive kind) and I typically wear the same 3-4 pairs of shoes every week. During the winter, it's even less. :lmao: The problem is that I have to have the support, or my feet are killing me.

Don't tell Tink though. The purchasing of shoes is her weakness, and I fear the results could be catastrophic.

Also, her BF would kill me. Then again, they do call me The Enabler. Mwa-ha-ha. :lmao:

I don't think Tink needs any help. She didn't get the name Shoeper Girl for nothing.

So the problem is a real one. Working at the bank has really messed up my feet. No joke. And given that I used to wear not the best shoes when I worked in retail in and after college, I really wasn't paying attention to what you really should be wearing on your feet. For example, good shoes...well...they tend to be expensive.

And it's to the point now where I have to remind myself to sit down during my shifts, because even with good shoes, my feet will still hurt at the end of the day. Which is really sad, when you think about it. But that's what I get for working on thin carpet that's most likely laid directly on top of concrete. It hurts. :sad1:

I get the same problem at my part time job. 8 hours on your feet, standing on concrete with a sad layer of carpeting thrown on top. I swear they want us to be crippled by the age of 40. At least they used to let us have chairs for between customers. Now they got rid of them so we have to resort to leaning on the counters. By the end of a shift my poor feet have had it.

Now, I had a fantastic pair of Teva flip flops, and they were awesome. I say were because I had the misfortune of discovering mid-World Showcase walking on my trip with Tink that those flip flops...well, I think I wore them into the ground. Literally. I remember wearing them the majority of last summer, and for my 8 day Pirate's Life for Three trip, and quite frankly, I think they're done. D-U-N, done. :lmao:

Never fails. They always discontinue the good stuff.

Which lead me to believe I might like these.

os_keen_violet.jpg

Um, yeah. I know I just said that I really need black to go with my outfits. And I'm not so much for the color there, but that's all they have in my size. I'm trying to be objective here. I don't "see" this color on my feet, but if they fit and they're comfortable I may have to forgo convention here and try something new.
[/quote]
I see what you mean about the color. It wouldn't really go with much. You'd just have to decide if the comfort was enough for you to wear them.

I have actually tried these before, but could not get over the $80 price tag. :scared1: That hurt. It was painful to imagine. Basically, I wore them around the house, loved the support of the footbed, wasn't sure if the top part would cut into my foot too much during a long day of walking, and sent them back. Because for $80, indecision is not a good thing. Back they go.

However, given the 20%, then 10%, and free shipping and returns, those are actually running me...$57.56. Now that's still pricey, but it's quite a bit better than $80.

The other sandals up there run about $61.16. Not a huge difference here, but one simple thing to remember. The first pair, I can't wear to work. The black ones, I can. And I'd really like some black sandals for work, in addition to a pair of trip sandals. Will they last all summer and for the trip? I have no idea. One step...ha ha...at a time.

If you think they might dig in they aren't worth any amount of money. You know your feet best, and have to listen to them.

And that brings me to the last pair I've been coveting, also Keens.

Keen_Bali.jpg

Very cute. I may have to try a pair of Keens. I usually won't wear sandals to Disney because I have a fear of people stepping on my bare toes in crowded places. I like that Keens have closed in toes.

I LOVE shoes but I haven't been able to indulge in my shoe love since I had my dd. I love all the shoes you posted and must go find the site shoebuy that you talked about. I so need some summer shoes that cover my toes as I am of the clumsy sort and stub my toes often.

If there ever IS a TK PTR without shoe angst I'm going out and spending every cent I have in the Jimmy Choo store in Copley. Because surely that means the Apocalypse is coming and I need hot shoes for THAT kind of party.

I am me, after all! :lmao:

Smooth. But you forgot to make this entire post invisible to me.

Also, her BF would kill me.

If this spurs on a trip into Aldo I'll make sure not to mention it's entirely your fault.

Now, I had a fantastic pair of Teva flip flops, and they were awesome. I say were because I had the misfortune of discovering mid-World Showcase walking on my trip with Tink that those flip flops...well, I think I wore them into the ground. Literally.

Seriously, folks. Had I not been hopped up on an Italian Margarita, the air from Mitsukoshi and 6 fathoms deep in sinus pressure, I'd have been carrying her around the WS.

Look! A body-less TK foot photo!

Something different.

Something new.

One step...ha ha...at a time.

::GROAN::

TK you should be ashamed!

I am not a shoe person. I own about 3 pair of shoes that I actually wear. Black crocks, tennis shoes and a pair of nice black shoes for the rare occasions that I dress up.

:confused:

:confused3:

:eek:

:scared:

:crazy2:

:faint:

I don't think Tink needs any help. She didn't get the name Shoeper Girl for nothing.

HERE I COME TO SAVE YOUR FEET FROM THOSE HORRID THINGS YOU CALL PROPER FOOTWEAAAAAAR!!!!!!

Clark Kent's got nuthin' on me. ;)

Dont' forget to go through Ebates if you shop at shoebuy! Then you get your cash back! :) If you don't have an account to Ebates, LMK and I'll send you alink to join 'cuz if a friend joins, both get a little extra cashback bonus! :) Unfortunately, Zappos doesn't pariticpate with Ebates. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter