Now Bring Me That Horizon ~ It Begins P115

So, it happened.

Another trip to Disney, anyone? :lmao:

Hi TK!

I've been lurking on your report since its inception, and was reluctant to post, because when I do start to post, I really want to be faithful and regular. (Like a groupie, ya know?) HA! JK! :rotfl2:

So, I so had to laugh at this!! Really I did. This is EXACTLY how maroo and I started our whole "wanna do Disney together?", thing! You never know what crazy person will PM you and say, "Hey wanna go with us??"

Anyway, loving your pre-trippie! Really, I mean it. It's been so fun to read.

BTW, come on over and join up with maroo and I- right now it's a little slow, but as we get closer we'll be having us some fun!

Liesa

Hi TK!

I've been lurking on your report since its inception, and was reluctant to post, because when I do start to post, I really want to be faithful and regular. (Like a groupie, ya know?) HA! JK! :rotfl2:

Oh my goodness, :welcome:!!!!!

I'm so happy to have you here. You're going to laugh. I'm subscribed to your ptr with Maroo, but I haven't posted yet, because I also want to be faithful and regular!!! :lmao: Seems like we like each other, I'm glad you were brave enough to make the first move. ;)

So, I so had to laugh at this!! Really I did. This is EXACTLY how maroo and I started our whole "wanna do Disney together?", thing! You never know what crazy person will PM you and say, "Hey wanna go with us??"

Right? I think it's great!

Anyway, loving your pre-trippie! Really, I mean it. It's been so fun to read.

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me. :hug:

Congrats on the airfare discount. And I say it ABSOLUTELY means another trip to Disney!! ::yes::

A pretty pink binder... hmmm... not exactly what I would have expected from the pirate family but I'm sure it's awesome and can't wait to see it! :)

Congrats on the airfare discount. And I say it ABSOLUTELY means another trip to Disney!! ::yes::

A pretty pink binder... hmmm... not exactly what I would have expected from the pirate family but I'm sure it's awesome and can't wait to see it! :)

Well, we certainly are a pirate family, but just of a different sort for this trip. Given that we're going with the Peter Pan crew for MNSSHP, I thought it would be nice to have a pink binder with Tinkerbell as our trip mascot.

Pixie dust, anyone? pixiedust:

Yay! Four months!!!

Can I just say that I'm excited? Big time excited. And part of that is because DS is SOOOOOO excited! He knows he's going to DisneyWorld in September and he's talking about it a lot.

I know this will be the year of our first countdown calendar. The year when I pull out the park maps and say, okay, little nugget / big boy (because quite frankly if I call him little nugget to his face I don't know exactly what he'd do, most likely say, I'm a big boy!!!) what rides and shows do you want to do? This will be the year that we'll stay at Pop and the year the practically my whole family comes, including my dad.

How exciting is that??? The last time I was with my dad in Disney was a trip of just DH, myself, my mom, and my dad back before DS was born. We all stayed at the Yacht Club, and had a GREAT time. We actually got upgraded to the presidential suite (long story...I can hear Maroo begging for the tale now :lmao: ) and it was amazing. Maybe I'll see if I can find some photos from that trip and do a little retrospective of the people we're going with and some of the trips we've done.

But for now, I'm just excited.

And I have so many things to post about, and I really need to pace myself.

I need to run some things by you all, but during my work week, I just can't committ the time to writing decent chapters.

So I don't forget, here's what should be up and coming.

The Debut of the Binder - she (yes, it's a she) needs a cover, dividers, our ressie info, and I need to start collecting information about the trip.

Ressies - I really, really need to pin down want I want to do since our call date is July 1st. Basically that means I have another month to decide, and there are a couple of things I'm up in the air on.

The Itinerary - I have some thoughts about how to change things up, and I'm definitely going to ask for some opinions here.

MNSSHP - Just what did my DS say when I asked him if he was going to be Peter Pan for Halloween this year? And more importantly, what characters did he think everyone else should be? ;)

So that's whats in the works for now. Wish me luck.

Looks like I have some writing to do.

Oh, I love the prospect of all your upcoming posts -- especially that one about the binder -- the one you mentioned might be pink with Tink on it???

Can't wait for those posts.....sitting on the edge of my seat!!!!

4 Months, that will be here in no time!!! What fun!

Can't wait to hear about who DS is assigning everyone to be for Halloween and the rest of your plans.

We all stayed at the Yacht Club, and had a GREAT time. We actually got upgraded to the presidential suite (long story...I can hear Maroo begging for the tale now :lmao: ) and it was amazing.

Since I know she's not around, I'll beg for her!! HA! :lmao:

Otherwise, can't wait for those chapters! Dying to see your binder, esp.

Liesa

The Debut of the Binder - she (yes, it's a she) needs a cover, dividers, our ressie info, and I need to start collecting information about the trip.

A pink binder? A "SHE" binder?
Tink is now partial to your binder.

The Itinerary - I have some thoughts about how to change things up, and I'm definitely going to ask for some opinions here.

Changing things up, hmm...Tink is not surprised.

Tink is also not sure why she keeps referring to herself in the third person.

Sadly my binder is gathering dust somewhere :sad1:

I love to plan trips so count me in when we get to the changing things up part!!

PS...hope home life is going good...any updates that you should email me about <wink wink>

Oh, I love the prospect of all your upcoming posts -- especially that one about the binder -- the one you mentioned might be pink with Tink on it???

Yup, that would be the one.

Pink with Tink.

Sounds like a good title. :lmao:

Can't wait for those posts.....sitting on the edge of my seat!!!!

Ooo, I better hurry up!!!! :goodvibes

4 Months, that will be here in no time!!! What fun!
The wait for my September trips always goes by so quickly because we have so much fun during the summer.

Can't wait to hear about who DS is assigning everyone to be for Halloween and the rest of your plans.

It was a dang riot. When I told my mother, she was hysterical. :rotfl2:

Since I know she's not around, I'll beg for her!! HA! :lmao:

I'll have to work it in somehow.

Otherwise, can't wait for those chapters! Dying to see your binder, esp.

Liesa

I'm hoping to post this weekend, but I do have some family time (a rarity since usually DH works weekends) so I don't know how that will go.

A pink binder? A "SHE" binder?
Tink is now partial to your binder.

Changing things up, hmm...Tink is not surprised.

Tink is also not sure why she keeps referring to herself in the third person.

I'm not sure either, but I find it to be rather endearing.

I love to plan trips so count me in when we get to the changing things up part!!

I'm so glad you posted that, because I really need your help with something in particular, and no I'll have no fear of asking! :goodvibes

PS...hope home life is going good...any updates that you should email me about <wink wink>

Nothing on that front yet. :rolleyes1

If you recall, when last we left off, this was one of a list of four that needed to be addressed.

Ressies - I really, really need to pin down want I want to do since our call date is July 1st. Basically that means I have another month to decide, and there are a couple of things I'm up in the air on.

So here I am quoting myself again, because quite frankly, between three, now two reports going on, how am I supposed to remember what I said? ;)

Okay, so I'm going to throw this out there. The ressie dilemma is directly related to the itinerary, so obviously we'll discuss food first.

Because this family does plan its itinerary around its meals.

As well you should.

If you were a self-respecting Disney foodie, that is. :lmao:

No seriously, I never used to be this way. I fondly remember the days when DH and I used to sit at the bus stop of whatever lovely resort we were staying at, wait and see which bus pulled up first, and just go to that park. Luck of the draw. Fly by the seat of your pants. Only one ADR per trip!

PIRATE. pirate:

That doesn't mean we didn't do more sit downs, although I think in those days it may have been 2-3 max per trip. Quite frankly, we weren't all about that then. Then it was going without a plan and enjoying it. And at that point in time, we went so frequently, that was really easy to do.

When you go once a year, or even less, it becomes this concept of MUST fit all this in. Whatever "all this" is. When the reality is that you never will. You just need to find out everyone's favorites and hope for the best with some kind of plan that you're flexible enough to change.

Speaking of flexibility, let's just say that since I took my little weekender to the World with Tink, I am EVEN MORE EXCITED about this trip. It's like I finally got it out of my system, so to speak. I was able to do what I wanted, when I wanted with a traveling companion who was enough like me for us to get along and enough different to...well have some different ideas! (Something new, something different.) And quite frankly, I left that vacation excited.

Excited about my September vacation! Excited about spending it with my whole family! Whereas before I had excitement, but it was really lukewarm. It was a tepid bath of excitement without the fizzy benefit of a bath bomb from Basin.

It was POTC before they added Jack Sparrow. ;)

Oh, who am I kidding, I loved the ride even before, but now it's...well...

Yup. Nothing I can say here is really dis-propriate. Ah well.

So keeping in mind that I am more excited about this trip than ever, let's also keep in mind the various personalities that I'm trying to keep happy. My requests are few and simple. We'll get to those when we talk about the itinerary.

But there's one ADR that's nagging at me, and I'm just not sure if I'm making the right choice.

We have one table service meal, on Wednesday night, with my whole entire family. Initially, the idea was to try something new and go with Ohana's. I really thought I would enjoy the yummy salad, noodles, broccoli, and if I did or didn't like the meat, I knew I'd love dessert. And I know my son would love being able to eat what all the adults eat, and that's one of the nice things about the all you care to eat or buffet style dining. Your child doesn't have to eat the "kid's menu." Which quite frankly, is sometimes...well...carp. High quality carp, but still carp.

So let's review. Here's the menu at Ohana's as posted on Allears.

Starters

Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing

Appetizers/Accompaniments

Shrimp Skewers
Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings
Wonton Chips

Skewers
Prepared over an oak fire

Grilled Pork Loin
Oak Grilled Tenderloin of Turkey
Sirloin Steak
Hawaiian Sausage
Stir Fried Vegetables

Dessert

'Ohana bread pudding served a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce

Seems to me like a little something for everyone. Well, throw in the wrench.

Mom's not really excited about it. Now she'll go along with whatever the group wants, but she's already talking about getting a Dole Whip afterwards in case the meal s-u-c-k-s. And, to boot, she came up with one of the worst reviews on the net and e-mailed it to me.

Now my mother is not without a sense of problem-solving.

You see, she came up with an alternative. That made me ponder. Because I've read good and bad reviews of Ohana's, and I've read good and bad reviews of Chef Mickey's for dinner.

But that was one of her ideas. Chef Mickey's.

In case you're all wondering, here's what they boast for dinner.

PREMIUM SALAD BAR AND SOUR DU JOUR
Today's Soup: Chicken and Corn Chowder

ON THE CARVING BOARD
Spice Rubbed Prime Rib & Oven-Roasted Bone-in Ham

CHEF'S BUFFET SPECIALS OF THE DAY
Madeira Wild Mushroom Beef Tips
Orange Teriyaki Chicken
Tamarind Glazed Salmon with Pesto and Wasabi Mango Coulis
Penne Pasta with Chicken and Italian Sausage Florentine

WONDERFUL ACCOMPANIMENTS
Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Mickey Cheese Ravioli and Marinara Sauce
Rice with Peas
Garlic Steamed Broccoli Polonaise
Mandarin Orange Glazed Baby Carrots

Standard buffet fare, right? I have to admit, nothing about this really thrills me other than the fact that I could see my father and my father in law, oh heck, my whole family getting some big time character interaction. Now, I know that would be fun, but fun doesn't necessarily make food taste good, savvy?

So here we are. Between a rock and a hard place.

Throw in the fact that my husband actually put his foot down about something. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I heard his little tirade. The man actually had an opinion!

"I take one vacation a year. This is our vacation to Disney. Mom went with Nana in May, you went with Tink in May, this is the vacation we're going on as a family, and as a family, we're deciding where we want to eat. And if not everyone wants to eat where we want to, they don't have to. And if you want to eat at Ohana's, then we're eating at Ohana's. Besides, we always eat at Chef Mickey's for breakfast."

God bless him. Quite frankly, I can't imagine NOT doing Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It's pretty much our standard plan before MNSSHP. Late breakfast, lazy day, late night at the party. It works out great, and it has for the past several years. Part of me doesn't want to mess with greatness.

But part of me is curious about change.

See if we ditched Ohana's, and did Chef Mickey's instead, I wouldn't go there twice in the same vacation. I'd pick up a new character breakfast, and there's one that I haven't tried that I think would be a TON of fun. And that's the safari breakfast with Donald at the Animal Kingdom. Tusker House, is it? I just think it would be so cute to see everyone in their safari gear.

So I do have alternatives.

But part of me waffles. Because I did want to try Ohana. I did want to do something new, and that was my something new.

To further complicate the issue, if you're still following along, I'm having doubts about whether or not I should be trying to fit in Nine Dragons in China. I haven't been there since the renovations, and it's always been a favorite of ours. I don't even need to read current reviews, I'm confident I'll have a good meal there, I always have.

Was that the kiss of death or what? :lmao:

I also found out that Mom and Nana will not be joining us for lunch at the Sci Fi Dine in Theater. They have plans to go to the Brown Derby instead.

Which is funny. Considering that I was thinking of going to the Brown Derby for my big birthday dinner instead of Citrico's. Or another signature restaurant. I swear, I'm a dang mess.

If I could make up my mind, it'll be a miracle. Fortunately, we've got a month.

I invited you all to weigh in. What you like, what you don't, where you've eaten recently, how it was, what you think we'd like, what we wouldn't, it's a free for all my friends.

Bring it. :lmao:

Because this family does plan its itinerary around its meals.

As way so much of May, huh?

And quite frankly, I left that vacation excited.

Ahhh...all part of my secret master plan. :thumbsup2

It was a tepid bath of excitement without the fizzy benefit of a bath bomb from Basin.

I didn't even buy anything and now I miss Basin. :sad1:

Ok, so without quoting the carp out of you, here's what I have to say:

*Try O'hana. If mom and nana don't want to do it, they'll find something for themselves - Citricos maybe since it's not too far away from the Poly.
*Chef Mick's for breakfast is tried, true and fun. I don't know that this trip is the one to try something new and different in this case. Maybe more so on a just a pirate clan trip.
*You've been waffling on Sci-Fi forever. Keep it. It's worth a shot. It's not a huge loss if it doesn't work out and you'll be more knowlegeable for the future.

Those are just my opinions. :)

Ahhh...all part of my secret master plan. :thumbsup2

I KNEW IT!!!! ;)

I didn't even buy anything and now I miss Basin. :sad1:

Okay, on a total side note, I finally decided I'm going to use one of the...ahem...six soaps I bought there, and I opted to start with grapefruit. So light. So summery. So makes me think of you patiently waiting through my picking those out. :goodvibes

Ok, so without quoting the carp out of you, here's what I have to say:

*Try O'hana. If mom and nana don't want to do it, they'll find something for themselves - Citricos maybe since it's not too far away from the Poly.

Good point. Mom has already agreed to go if that's what we want, and she's flexible about it, to the point where she's said, if I don't like it, I'll pass on it and get something later.

*Chef Mick's for breakfast is tried, true and fun. I don't know that this trip is the one to try something new and different in this case. Maybe more so on a just a pirate clan trip.

Another good point. Perhaps something to put on the back burner for 2010?

*You've been waffling on Sci-Fi forever. Keep it. It's worth a shot. It's not a huge loss if it doesn't work out and you'll be more knowlegeable for the future.

Those are just my opinions. :)

You're right. I have been waffling on Sci-Fi. When in all reality, I know it'll be good, I know it'll be fun, and I KNOW my DS will go NUTS over eating indoor outdoors in a car. Tee hee.

Plus, now that I know Mom and Nana aren't coming, I won't worry about whether or not they'll enjoy their meal. You know? Since they're going to the Brown Derby, they'll be happy, we'll be happy.

It's all good.

I've never done Chef Mickey's so I'm not sure I'm the best one to put my 2 cents in.

The nice thing about Ohana is that all the food is nice and fresh off the skewers. I tend to get a bit scared at buffets. The only one I really get enthused about is Boma.

If you decide to go with Chef Mickey's for dinner, there's always the character breakfast at Ohana .:)

The nice thing about Ohana is that all the food is nice and fresh off the skewers. I tend to get a bit scared at buffets. The only one I really get enthused about is Boma.

I think I remember Heidi recommending as well, if you didn't like the way a portion of meat was prepared to just wait for the next round because they have no issue with bringing you more, you know?

If you decide to go with Chef Mickey's for dinner, there's always the character breakfast at Ohana .:)

Dangit, woman! I need less choices, not more! :rotfl2:

We have always liked Ohanas......always have enjoyed our food and the atmosphere, but that is just us......I think you should go for it and leave Breakfast w/Mickey the way you guys are used to.....as you say, it works well....and if it isn't broke, then why fix it????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter