***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on buying our tickets either with UT or WDW as we are getting near our 60 day mark.

The roll out of FP+ for December has me hesitating buying through UT because of the reports of linking the tickets. I've read on the boards that paper can be scanned on smartphone but the plastic tickets have issues.

Does anyone know what the most recent report is on the UT ticket IT issue?

Or if I buy a 5 day ticket with UT if it will be a paper ticket or a plastic ticket?

Thank you Doconeill!

I just booked Riverside, actually. So what do I need to do get the MB process started? (I haven't bought tickets to parks yet. I am thinking about Hollywood and Animal Kingdom for my son's enjoyment...)

Absolutely.

Someone else might be able to answer for sure, but I believe that once you are eligible, as long as you have days remaining on your tickets, you can book more FP+. It works that way for AP holders.

Thank you Doconeill!

I just booked Riverside, actually. So what do I need to do get the MB process started? (I haven't bought tickets to parks yet. I am thinking about Hollywood and Animal Kingdom for my son's enjoyment...)

Go into MDX, and if the reservation doesn't already appear, link it - you'll need the 12-digit (I think) reservation number. It might take a day before you can do that. It can also take a day or two before it will give you the option to customize.

If after a couple days, try doing the online check-in process.

Okay. So up until this point I have had good luck with the MDE app. Problem now - I am getting the message "Sorry, no dates are available for FP+'s for your friends and family at this time."

I have this same problem. I have an AP and am staying at Pop in October. The system let me pick FP+ for the first day I am there, but now just keeps showing the error. There seem to be several ways to get into the FP+ reservations, but each way it shows the error.

The first time I called I was told I hadn't been invited to use the FP+ system and that my dates/resort weren't included anyway. I remembered the great advice I had gotten here (say thank you, hang up, and call back) so that is what I did. The next call gave me someone who listened, tried it herself, saw the error, called someone else in a different department, then told me they were going to work on it and email me in a few days when they get it fixed.

Please post back here if you find a solution. I will, too. Thanks!

I'll let you know what I find out. :) My issue may be slightly different because I do have FP+'s reserved for all 8 days, but now that I have modified the reservation and/or since I added the one night DVC reservation - I now get the same error as you when selecting dates for the first part of my stay.

Wow! Have I been busy recently! Thanks everyone for helping get the new thread going. Mesaboy2, I'm going to update the OP next so thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks for the information. Apparently ,I cant use both Magic Bands or the fp plus yet as my check in to SSR is on the 20th. I have my resort reservation linked to MDE .I always get my tickets to the parks added to my card on check in. :badpc:

Will they ship the magicbands to Canada? I have had the magic express documents/tags shipped to me (in Canada), so I assume (probably shouldn't do that, but) that because they ship the magic express stuff, that they would ship the magicbands to me also. Am I correct? Or will we pick them up? It has allowed me to enter my address in Canada for shipping.

Will they ship the magicbands to Canada? I have had the magic express documents/tags shipped to me (in Canada), so I assume (probably shouldn't do that, but) that because they ship the magic express stuff, that they would ship the magicbands to me also. Am I correct? Or will we pick them up? It has allowed me to enter my address in Canada for shipping.

They are not currently shipping outside the US. The MagicBands cost more to ship that DME material.

You will get them at the resort when you check-in.

Anyone know where the accessories are being sold at Disney? What i'm looking for are pirates of the Caribbean ones if there are any, and was wondering if it was possible to buy them before we went to Magic Kingdom, like at downtown Disney or Epcot (are staying at SSR, and Epcot we are doing first)

Anyone know where the accessories are being sold at Disney? What i'm looking for are pirates of the Caribbean ones if there are any, and was wondering if it was possible to buy them before we went to Magic Kingdom, like at downtown Disney or Epcot (are staying at SSR, and Epcot we are doing first)

They should be on sale at the resort's shop where they are active.

I read a while ago that FP+ for Illuminations is only offered (when it is offered at all) for weekends. Is this still true?

maiapapaya said:
I read a while ago that FP+ for Illuminations is only offered (when it is offered at all) for weekends. Is this still true?

I could only book it on the weekend for our trip in 3 weeks...

We are checking in at OKW on Oct.13, 1 day before the announced date of Oct.14 when OKW will allow FPplus to be used. My question is, will we be able to get FPplus for our remaining trip at that point or are we skunked?

jimmytammy said:
We are checking in at OKW on Oct.13, 1 day before the announced date of Oct.14 when OKW will allow FPplus to be used. My question is, will we be able to get FPplus for our remaining trip at that point or are we skunked?

I would go into DME and deer if you can book them or customize MagicBands...

You need to check-in on or after the start date for the resort to get MagicBands and use FastPass+.

You need to check-in on or after the start date for the resort to get MagicBands and use FastPass+. If you check-in prior, you will not become eligible during the stay.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

This really stinks, going to be there 2 weeks, oh well, my luck:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter