***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

darn your good ty...

Now all I have to do is get over the fact that it has rfid chip in it lol ...

so basically if you hate the band you could just switch to using the card or say my lovely hubby doesn't like the idea lol he can switch.... smart disney

If you're worried about privacy and unscrupulous types stealing your info, that pretty much can't happen here.

Question: If we get there and can't use both FP systems, and after our first day or two decide the FP+ just isn't working for us, can we "cancel" out of the FP+ trial and just use the normal FPs for the rest of our trip?

According to the original terms and conditions, once you opt in, you're in. They've softened that stance as they changed how they were implementing it. But if they suddenly decided that people with FP+ access can't use FP, you might likely be stuck.

I don't see that happening however, at least until they rip out old FP completely...and then there isn't a choice to be made. :)

You do not have to switch bands for a split stay. I recently came back from WDW and I stayed at the Polynesian the first part of my trip and then switched to the AKL for the last part.

I customized my magic bands(me and my gf) online before I left using my Polynesian reservation number. During the process, I linked my reservation number for my stay at the AKL, and I was able to schedule our FP+ for the entire stay/trip.

Funny thing is that after I received my customized magic bands a few days later, two days before I left for WDW I received a second set of generic gray magic bands that I didn't order. I assume that even though I had linked my AKL reservation to my Polynesian reservation when I initially customized my magic bands online and made my FP+ reservations, the system automatically generated as second set of bands for my stay at the AKL.

In the end, I was able to use the Magic Band that I initially customized online for my whole trip spanning my stay at both resorts. I never used the second generic band that they sent me. I thought I might have to do something at the AKL when I checked in, but they checked my original customized magic band and said that it had all of my FP+ reservations on it for the end of the week and that it would open the door to my room at the AKL. So I never needed or used the second set of bands that I received.

According to the original terms and conditions, once you opt in, you're in. They've softened that stance as they changed how they were implementing it. But if they suddenly decided that people with FP+ access can't use FP, you might likely be stuck.

I don't see that happening however, at least until they rip out old FP completely...and then there isn't a choice to be made. :)

This.

During my trip to WDW recently, I used both the FP+ through my magic band, and the regular FP ticket machines each day. So at least for now, you can use both FP+ and FP regular during your trip.

Okay. So up until this point I have had good luck with the MDE app. Problem now - I am getting the message "Sorry, no dates are available for FP+'s for your friends and family at this time."

I was all settled with my Pop reservation, linked tickets, MB's ... but just this week modified my Pop stay to reflect 1 less day...bc I will be staying our last night at AKV now. I customized the AKV bands on Tues and they arrived today. Everything looks good on the MDE app (all FP+'s still listed) however if I try to change one of the FP+ for the first part of the trip, I get the error.

Any thoughts? Hoping it's a fixable issue and I just need to call...

Also one other thing - I use to only see about 2 weeks open for making or checking FP's. Now I see today through March 2014 (just a little side note).

Not sure if this was covered in any of the previous posts, but I,ll be at POFQ from 10/27 to 10/30. My reservation and another group of our friends have the my magic + listed on MDE but our other group (same hotel, same dates) have "mymagic+ not available" when I connected to the through MDE. What does this mean? How can they get mymagic+ so we can plan fp+ times together

If you're worried about privacy and unscrupulous types stealing your info, that pretty much can't happen here.

Also you can opt out of the information collection. Although I don't think they're going to say "Hey, check out so-and-so, they're in this bathroom. Let's turn on a camera and watch 'em!"

I mean, they already have tons of info in their systems about all the people that book trips and ADR's, and you CC info when you pay for stuff, so it's not like they really have that much more information about you. Plus there haven't been any breaches yet, it is still possible it could happen. But would those people really have much more information now than they would have had before?

darn your good ty...

Now all I have to do is get over the fact that it has rfid chip in it lol ...

so basically if you hate the band you could just switch to using the card or say my lovely hubby doesn't like the idea lol he can switch.... smart disney

Not to burst your bubble, but the KTTW cards have RFID technology too ...:badpc:

Only way I can see is to not enter your cc number.

if you ever give your CC number to guarantee an ADR, it will end up on MDE

I gave my CC over the phone when I booked my +10 ADR, and that CC was "saved" into my MDE profile, I no longer had to enter that number for any subsequent ADR or even online check in, it was already "there"

Where is this "opt out" option? Only way I can see is to not enter your cc number.

I guess it remains to be seen, but from things I've read, you can choose what information you share with Disney. Maybe someone else knows or has seen how to do this, but I don't see a place to do it on MDE. Maybe a call to Disney to see what they say?

My apologies if these have been asked:

1) Is there a FP+ option for POC ride? It's not a choice any time during the entire week we are going (Nov).

2) I booked all 3 of us the same 3 FP+ choices on a certain day but I'm having trouble modifying 1 out of 3 of us. I'd like to keep the 3 choices the same for hubby and kiddo and change something on mine. The system says "no other rides available at this time slot". Thing is, I don't want or need a direct replacement. I want to do the first two rides with them at the set time, keep their third choice as is and make my third choice a different ride AND time. It doesn't seem to be something I can do. Am I making sense?

TIA :)

My apologies if these have been asked:

1) Is there a FP+ option for POC ride? It's not a choice any time during the entire week we are going (Nov).

2) I booked all 3 of us the same 3 FP+ choices on a certain day but I'm having trouble modifying 1 out of 3 of us. I'd like to keep the 3 choices the same for hubby and kiddo and change something on mine. The system says "no other rides available at this time slot". Thing is, I don't want or need a direct replacement. I want to do the first two rides with them at the set time, keep their third choice as is and make my third choice a different ride AND time. It doesn't seem to be something I can do. Am I making sense?

TIA :)

Try changing the time first, then change the experience.

Some of the points in the first post seem confusing to me. Not trying to be argumentative, just passing on my experiences, or maybe I am just misunderstanding what is being said. Rather than quote the entire post, I extracted and quote the items below along with my experience.

"At one point, guests will also be able to use the app to make FP+ changes on the fly. The app is available on the Apple App Store and the Android Google Play Store. While it is available, none of the FP+ features are available (these features will also be available at interactive kiosks around the parks for guests who don't have smartphones) yet and Mobile Magic is indeed still available I believe."

I was able to make FP+ changes with the Google App when in the parks the first two weeks of this month. Not quite sure what is meant by "none of the FP+ features are available"?

"Since earlier this year, AP holders have had the chance to upgrade their existing passes into RFID-enabled ones at the Odyssey Center in Epcot."

The Odyssey Center was available for AP holders in May, but was closed when we were there this month. I believe it was only open a month or two to upgrade existing passes.

"AP holders will have access to all the MDE app and site features should they qualify for them like everyone else (i.e. if they're staying at a Disney Resort Hotel, they can use online check-in). Where things get murky is FP+."

I have an Annual Pass and have been able to make FP+ reservations for dates that I do not have hotel reservations. The selections have been limited to 60 days in advance. I immediately cancelled them since I won't be there to use them, but I was able to make the reservations. I don't know if this would work for someone with an AP that hasn't stayed at a resort or does not have an RFID enabled card or Magic Band.

if you ever give your CC number to guarantee an ADR, it will end up on MDE

I gave my CC over the phone when I booked my +10 ADR, and that CC was "saved" into my MDE profile, I no longer had to enter that number for any subsequent ADR or even online check in, it was already "there"

can't you go in and delete it? I put a cc in when I made my ADRs and then went back and deleted it off of MDE. Guess I had better go check to make sure it didn't get back there somehow

Some of the points in the first post seem confusing to me. Not trying to be argumentative, just passing on my experiences, or maybe I am just misunderstanding what is being said. Rather than quote the entire post, I extracted and quote the items below along with my experience.

"At one point, guests will also be able to use the app to make FP+ changes on the fly. The app is available on the Apple App Store and the Android Google Play Store. While it is available, none of the FP+ features are available (these features will also be available at interactive kiosks around the parks for guests who don't have smartphones) yet and Mobile Magic is indeed still available I believe."

I was able to make FP+ changes with the Google App when in the parks the first two weeks of this month. Not quite sure what is meant by "none of the FP+ features are available"?

It is definitely out of date.

"Since earlier this year, AP holders have had the chance to upgrade their existing passes into RFID-enabled ones at the Odyssey Center in Epcot."

The Odyssey Center was available for AP holders in May, but was closed when we were there this month. I believe it was only open a month or two to upgrade existing passes.

It was open March to mid-May, after which the conversion could be done at any ticket booth or Guest Relations, so it is also out of date.

"AP holders will have access to all the MDE app and site features should they qualify for them like everyone else (i.e. if they're staying at a Disney Resort Hotel, they can use online check-in). Where things get murky is FP+."

I have an Annual Pass and have been able to make FP+ reservations for dates that I do not have hotel reservations. The selections have been limited to 60 days in advance. I immediately cancelled them since I won't be there to use them, but I was able to make the reservations. I don't know if this would work for someone with an AP that hasn't stayed at a resort or does not have an RFID enabled card or Magic Band.

Right now, if you've already been enabled due to a resort stay, you stay enabled. So if you have an AP, you can make up to 14 days of FP+ reservations within the 60 day window (subject to how far out they've loaded into the system).

Eventually AP holders will be enabled without a qualified resort stay.

2 Questions, if I may...

These may be basic, but I read the thread but still can't comprehend 100%...

1. Can we get Magic Band if we stay at Swan and Dolphin resort?

2. Once we book the resort, what do I need to get the MB and FB+?

I still haven't booked anything yet but we will be visiting in mid-October.

Thanks!

2 Questions, if I may...

These may be basic, but I read the thread but still can't comprehend 100%...

1. Can we get Magic Band if we stay at Swan and Dolphin resort?

At this time, no. The Swan/Dolphin are not actually Disney resorts, they are owned by Tishman Hotels and run by Starwood brands (Swan is Westin, Dolphin is Sheraton). They happen to be on Disney property.

They have this far not been included in MyMagic+ testing.

2. Once we book the resort, what do I need to get the MB and FB+?

If you are eligible, you would log in to your MDX account, and you'd see an option to customize MagicBands (as long as your check-in date is far enough away). Some report needing to complete online check-in to enable the option. You customize, and then they are shipped to you (or the resort if too soon or you are outside the US). If you fail to do so, you will get "iconic gray" bands at the resort.

To start making FP+ selections, you must also link in tickets to your account and assign them to the guests on the reservation (or they must already have tickets assigned).

Thank you so much for quick answers.

We are also thinking about splitting our stays between a Disney Resort (French Quarter) for a night then 2 nights in Swan/Dolphin.

We'd visit parks only on from the second day as we'd fly in a bit late in the day (i.e. after checking out from French Quarter).

In this case...

1. Can we use the MB/FB+ for the park visit on the day of checkout from FQ?

2. After getting MB, can we keep using it even if we don't stay in one of the Disney resort?

At this time, no. The Swan/Dolphin are not actually Disney resorts, they are owned by Tishman Hotels and run by Starwood brands (Swan is Westin, Dolphin is Sheraton). They happen to be on Disney property.

They have this far not been included in MyMagic+ testing.

If you are eligible, you would log in to your MDX account, and you'd see an option to customize MagicBands (as long as your check-in date is far enough away). Some report needing to complete online check-in to enable the option. You customize, and then they are shipped to you (or the resort if too soon or you are outside the US). If you fail to do so, you will get "iconic gray" bands at the resort.

To start making FP+ selections, you must also link in tickets to your account and assign them to the guests on the reservation (or they must already have tickets assigned).

Thank you so much for quick answers.

We are also thinking about splitting our stays between a Disney Resort (French Quarter) for a night then 2 nights in Swan/Dolphin.

We'd visit parks only on from the second day as we'd fly in a bit late in the day (i.e. after checking out from French Quarter).

In this case...

1. Can we use the MB/FB+ for the park visit on the day of checkout from FQ?

Absolutely.

2. After getting MB, can we keep using it even if we don't stay in one of the Disney resort?

Someone else might be able to answer for sure, but I believe that once you are eligible, as long as you have days remaining on your tickets, you can book more FP+. It works that way for AP holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter