***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Hi--does anyone know how Fast Pass + works with After 2/After 4 p.m. convention tickets? Since we are staying onsite, would we get to reserve rides during those times 60 days in advance like regular tickets? Just trying to figure out if it's worth it to get any of these late afternoon tickets. Thanks!

Hi--does anyone know how Fast Pass + works with After 2/After 4 p.m. convention tickets? Since we are staying onsite, would we get to reserve rides during those times 60 days in advance like regular tickets? Just trying to figure out if it's worth it to get any of these late afternoon tickets. Thanks!

I believe the convention tickets CAN be linked (I'm pretty sure someone somewhere reported doing it), if you have them in your possession ahead of time. In some cases, convention tickets are given in person at the convention. If you have a room reservation linked as well, you should be able to book at 60 days.

I'm not 100% sure though.

Hi,

Yes. After 4 convention tix can be linked and FP+ reserved 60 days as well. I just did mine...

Hi
I have a reservation for September 9. I am a AP, when can I book? In my MDE it doesn't let me see past July??

Thanks

Hi
I have a reservation for September 9. I am a AP, when can I book? In my MDE it doesn't let me see past July??

Thanks
Once you are 60 days from your check-in date, the FP+ selection window will expand to 60 days.

From the 'MyMagic+ for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders' page:
If you are an Annual Passholder, you are also invited to plan 7 days of FastPass+ selections within any 30-day period—for 1 park per day. Your 7 days don’t have to be consecutive and you can plan for an additional day as soon as one of your existing days has passed.

You can choose up to 3 FastPass+ experiences per day up to 30 days in advance of your visit—so you can relax and enjoy the moment with your family and friends, knowing that some of your must-do attractions and entertainment are all set.

If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in. Plus, you may hold FastPass+ selections for up to 7 days or the length of your hotel stay—whichever is greater!

After you use all of the initial FastPass+ experiences on the day of your visit (or your arrival windows have passed), you can select one additional FastPass+ experience to use that same day (based on availability). The additional FastPass+ experience is a rolling FastPass+ experience—each time you use an additional FastPass+ experience, you can select a new one.

Additional FastPass+ selections must be made at a FastPass+ kiosk within the same park as the FastPass+ experience that you wish to select, and they can be made at a different park from your previous selections.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/passholder/

We have 40days to go and need to get our act together! Visited 4 years ago so a lot has changed since then! I have a MDE account and we are staying at sports resort. We need to buy park tickets and organise magic bands and some fastpasses. I think I can understand the bands & fastpass business. Just wanted to check, do I order my park tickets and then get some kind of reference no to then register for magicbands and start making fastpass reservations? I have trawled thru so many threads but cant seem to find this specific info! Thanks

We have 40days to go and need to get our act together! Visited 4 years ago so a lot has changed since then! I have a MDE account and we are staying at sports resort. We need to buy park tickets and organise magic bands and some fastpasses. I think I can understand the bands & fastpass business. Just wanted to check, do I order my park tickets and then get some kind of reference no to then register for magicbands and start making fastpass reservations? I have trawled thru so many threads but cant seem to find this specific info! Thanks

The MagicBands come as part of a resort reservation. Once the resort reservation is in place, you'll have the opportunity to customize the bands (colors, names) up until about 30 days out. After that they will ship them out (to you in the US, to the resort otherwise).

If you order tickets online or by phone, you will get a willcall order number. If they don't automatically show up (works with some online orders), you'll be able to enter the willcall number to register the tickets. Then you assign them to individuals.

Once the tickets are registered and assigned, you can begin making FP+ reservations at 60 days from check-in.

The MagicBands come as part of a resort reservation. Once the resort reservation is in place, you'll have the opportunity to customize the bands (colors, names) up until about 30 days out. After that they will ship them out (to you in the US, to the resort otherwise).

If you order tickets online or by phone, you will get a willcall order number. If they don't automatically show up (works with some online orders), you'll be able to enter the willcall number to register the tickets. Then you assign them to individuals.

Once the tickets are registered and assigned, you can begin making FP+ reservations at 60 days from check-in.

thank you doconeill. We are in the uk so does this mean that our magic bands will be waiting for us at our hotel check in? What do we do to customise them?

thank you doconeill. We are in the uk so does this mean that our magic bands will be waiting for us at our hotel check in? What do we do to customise them?

Yes, they will be at the resort.

Customizing is just choosing a color for each individual on the reservation, and adding a name/nickname that is printed on the inside of the band to distinguish them (in case you choose the same colors).

I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm still confused on what are considered "tiers". I see that the rides are listed as A, B, & C. So, do I pick one ride from the A category and then the other two from B and C? Or could I pick all three rides from the A category. Thanks so much!

I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm still confused on what are considered "tiers". I see that the rides are listed as A, B, & C. So, do I pick one ride from the A category and then the other two from B and C? Or could I pick all three rides from the A category. Thanks so much!

If you are referring to my thread, Tier 1s are in red, everything is is not. This is explained below the suggested priority list.

The A, B, and C categories are rankings. Attractions labeled with an A are the best use of a FP, B is not as good as A but better than C, and C is most likely not worth using FP for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter