New free dining offer yeaaah

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is true!

When they say the code is valid staring 8/3...is that after a certain time on Wednesday (i.e. after 9:00 am..) or is it effective in the wee hours of the morning (1:00 am)?

And now I'm depressed. How unlucky that we chose the 3rd week of October. I thought for sure that by now they would have UN blacked out my week. Ugh. I'm just sick. We have a party if 6, so free dining would have been fantastic. Boy I
sure wish we couldchange our dates.

:(. Deb

on room discounts? I know I saw PIN floating around with covered weeks starting 10/10/11. Does your insider have any info on possible room discounts?

We will be at POP Oct.14-23 and paying OOP for the QSDP. I am hoping that maybe some people will switch dates to take part in the promotion and maybe we'll have lower crowds. We can still hope for room discounts, too. It is still early enough to have some hope.:hug:

These are my dates too. I am currently booked with the free park hopper and waterpark pin. I am a little disappointed with the blackout dates too.

I have my dining, airfare, and other reservations made and so far "Touring Plans" have indicated really low crowd levels for this week. :thumbsup2

We're also there that same week. And it does look like crowd numbers are low (same as they are the rest of the month). I'm surprised this would be blacked out and not Halloween week. The only thing I can think of is the convention going on at the Boardwalk hotels...but surely they already have food offered??:confused3

Oh well, I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks!

We've done Free Dinning for years and love it,but I am trying to help another family planning their first trip to WDW and have a question.They are booked to arrive on Nov 19th (which looks like they can get free dinning) at a Value resort.How much would it cost for them not to take the QS and go to either with the regular or other dinning plan (we always get the regular free from the resort we stay at) and I know that if you don't take the free dinning for the resort you stay at,you can pay the difference and get one of the other dinning plans.Need to run some figures for them,but since they shouldn't have to pay full price to up grade their dinning,I need some prices.Thanks.

I don't think the CM's on the phone know. They might be using an old code. But the dates are spot on for the 2011 calendar. And I might be wrong, but in 07, I don't think they did the values as quick service.
There was no such thing as Quick Service Dining in 2007.

But, really, I would take this as a big rumor until Knox or on of the other credible Mods comes along to confirm this offer. There are also a number of TAs on this board and I haven't seen any of them post yet either. I do think there will be a free dining offer, but I think everyone needs to wait for a bit more confirmation before they completely get their hopes up about these dates or this release date.

Also, Disney Visa holders have gotten every single Free Dining offer since 2005 3 days before the general public, so until there's some confirmation of the Disney Visa offer, I'm staying skeptical of these dates. I have a WDW trip planning service and I'm not going to share these dates with my customers just yet . . . .

We've done Free Dinning for years and love it,but I am trying to help another family planning their first trip to WDW and have a question.They are booked to arrive on Nov 19th (which looks like they can get free dinning) at a Value resort.How much would it cost for them not to take the QS and go to either with the regular or other dinning plan (we always get the regular free from the resort we stay at) and I know that if you don't take the free dinning for the resort you stay at,you can pay the difference and get one of the other dinning plans.Need to run some figures for them,but since they shouldn't have to pay full price to up grade their dinning,I need some prices.Thanks.

Your question has been asked and answered in posts #21 and #22 on page 2 of this thread.

Ok I'm a newbie so forgive me...
I made reservations for Disney
Oct 1 - 7
Can I use this promo code?
I called & she said I had to call me travel agent (I booked through AAA)
Do I have to wait til next week.
Sorry I'm a little confused...:confused3
Thanks so much all you wonderful Diser's:worship:

No, to be eligible you'll need to check in on the 2nd. Also, since you booked through AAA, Disney can't modify your reservation. Your TA will have to do it.
And yes, you will have to wait until Aug 3 to have the promo applied.

We're also there that same week. And it does look like crowd numbers are low (same as they are the rest of the month). I'm surprised this would be blacked out and not Halloween week. The only thing I can think of is the convention going on at the Boardwalk hotels...but surely they already have food offered??:confused3

Oh well, I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks!

I believe there is a convention at the Boardwalk too. I also think that the Children's Miracle Network Golf tournament is going on during my stay. We were there last year November 9-16 when this was going on and it was black out also but I was fortunate to get a pin.

For this trip, I got great airfare and we are staying at the POP---this is my DD favorite and although the rooms are on the small side, its just 3 of us and we spend very little time there so it works out perfect.

Well, certainly not definitively. Does anyone know for sure if it's 45.99 or 47.99?
These are the 2011 dining plan prices, they just have to subtract the difference between the plans.

You just pay the price difference between the plans:

Quick Service Dining Plan
Adults (Ages 10+) : $34.99 per day
Children: (Ages 3-9): $ 11.99 per day

Disney Dining Plan
Adults (Ages 10+) : $45.99 per day (regular season) / $47.99 (peak season)
Children: (Ages 3-9): $11.99 per day (regular season / $12.99 (peak season)

Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
Adults (Ages 10+) : $78.99 per day
Children: (Ages 3-9): $21.99 per day

Peak season 2011 rates will apply February 17-26, March 11-April 30, June 3-August 13 and December 21-31.

Forgive me for not doing ALL of the research.

Sorry. I had been watching this thread and was still unclear on what it was. I didn't realize 45.99 and 47.99 were off-peak and peak prices. I was working up costs for my friend and her daughter who might with us and just wanted to be accurate.

Many thanks for the clarification Princess Tiffany!

These are my dates too. I am currently booked with the free park hopper and waterpark pin. I am a little disappointed with the blackout dates too.

I have my dining, airfare, and other reservations made and so far "Touring Plans" have indicated really low crowd levels for this week. :thumbsup2

i will take low crowds over free dining anyday, i hate waiting in lines.

I thought I'd call and ask, couldn't hurt right? She said she couldn't find anything in the system with that as a current discount and wouldn't say anything about future, even though I did ask. Also asked about a pin for me but apparently I wasn't in their system? I had no idea considering I've ordered maps, the DVD, and I've saved a bunch of offers. I told her that and she said you could be in THEIR system OR the website's system. Needless to say I added myself to theirs, but that confused me completely. Isn't that the same thing? :headache:

Book ROOM ONLY for Dec 10th - then a package for the remainder of your trip - that way you'll get the free dining offer

I'm actually going to be there on the 8th-13th. I'm coming for Disapalooza, which is on the 10th. The old FD offer started on the 10th, so I made a room only for the 8 and 9th and made a package (in anticipation of FD), for the 10-13.

I played with the numbers until the wee hours of the morning and think I can change my airline (with fee) and add a day. :banana:

Any ideas on why they wouldn't start it on Oct. 1? I'm quite possibly wrong, but I thought the FD offer for Sept went through until the very end of the month, which would mean that Oct. 1 is the only excluded day :confused3

Kelma

Well I'll be watching carefully. I have a Disney Visa and hopefully notice will come out soon so we can all know for sure, 100%.

This might entice my DH back for this year. Although I'd prefer a room discount over the free dining. But a discount is a discount. I'll take it.

THANK YOU! The week that we planned to go is one of the weeks. I am so happy. I look forward to booking it 3 Aug.

Any ideas on why they wouldn't start it on Oct. 1? I'm quite possibly wrong, but I thought the FD offer for Sept went through until the very end of the month, which would mean that Oct. 1 is the only excluded day :confused3

Kelma
The current Free Dining offer ends on September 24. I would assume that those black out dates for the end of September through the October 1 would be because they have PLENTY of bookings due to the popularity of the Food & Wine Festival.

Kelma

When it originally came out it ended 9/29. I know just because that is our check in day. We wanted to come in the 30th but had to be in by the 29th to get FD. So we took it and arranged a late flight because we had another commitment the day if the 29th.

Now we have some family joining us who didn't decide they were going until after the FD was done booking so we booked them rack and have been waiting to see if free dining is coming back out.

If this is true then they miss out or have to do a split stay confusing thing. We are booked 9/29- 10/8 and all already have flights.

I think they might have been out of luck anyway since our resort - POR seems to be full.

Maybe 9/30 and 10/1 were not covered because of the 40th anniversary?

If you are in a mod or deluxe, can you downgrade your free regular dining to free quick service? We were paying for quick service on our reservation. I'm just wondering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter