New free dining offer yeaaah

I was really hoping that FD dates for 2012 would be released. We are trying to do a few days in the park before a cruise in Feb.

Any rumors for next year yet? :goodvibes We booked for this past Jan. last Aug. I hope history repeats itself or some sort of great deal comes out.

I have dining reservations already, but not on the dining plan. They are all in restaurants that currently accept the dining plans. Is it easy to convert my plans over to free dining, assuming this actually happens?

You really don't need to convert anything. When you go to the restaurant and it is time to pay you can just pay with your dining plan. The server will usually ask you right away if you are on any plans anyway.

The only thing that might have to be changed is if you booked any dining reservations that had to be paid in full and you were already charged for them. Like the castle or a dinner show. Not sure what they do then but I am sure someone on here does! :yay:

I have dining reservations already, but not on the dining plan. They are all in restaurants that currently accept the dining plans. Is it easy to convert my plans over to free dining, assuming this actually happens?
You don't convert your ADRs to free dining - it makes no difference. You can, if you want, have a reservations CM link your ADRs to your room, but you don't have to do that either - ADRs don't ever have to be linked to a room or a discount.

You don't convert your ADRs to free dining - it makes no difference. You can, if you want, have a reservations CM link your ADRs to your room, but you don't have to do that either - ADRs don't ever have to be linked to a room or a discount.

The only difference I see is if you paid OPP for a ressie, like CRT. Then you could get a credit.

As far as I know max occupancy in a double bed room at POR is 4, so you wouldn't be able to stuff a 5th person in there unless they're a baby. Which means that you'll either have to keep your ASMu suite or get two rooms. Would it be worth it to get two adjoining rooms at ASMu? Because two rooms at POR would be a whole lot more of course. Your FD upgrades to DxDDP all stay the same so really it's a matter of seeing if two rooms is cheaper than the suite. The POR seems cheaper, but since you'd have to get another room it would actually end up costing a LOT more I think than the suite. You'd have to do some math there.

POR can accomodate 5. There are 2 double beds and a trundle bed in many of the rooms.

You really don't need to convert anything. When you go to the restaurant and it is time to pay you can just pay with your dining plan. The server will usually ask you right away if you are on any plans anyway.

The only thing that might have to be changed is if you booked any dining reservations that had to be paid in full and you were already charged for them. Like the castle or a dinner show. Not sure what they do then but I am sure someone on here does! :yay:

Once you confirm your ressie with free dining, have them link your ADRs to your package ressie. If you booked a dinner show or CRT, for example, make sure they change the credit card to just a guarantee so you don't get charged for the full price (or get a refund if you already have).

@snowflake- while you can't downgrade to QSD, you can use your TS credits to get a QS meal- just not the other way around. That should give you more flexibility :)

Awesome. I was hoping that they will.
Unfortunately we will be going to disney november 13-19th and if they do offer the free dining, it's more then likely the week i go will be packed. :(. oh well. What can you do. right?

As far as I know max occupancy in a double bed room at POR is 4, so you wouldn't be able to stuff a 5th person in there unless they're a baby. Which means that you'll either have to keep your ASMu suite or get two rooms. Would it be worth it to get two adjoining rooms at ASMu? Because two rooms at POR would be a whole lot more of course. Your FD upgrades to DxDDP all stay the same so really it's a matter of seeing if two rooms is cheaper than the suite. The POR seems cheaper, but since you'd have to get another room it would actually end up costing a LOT more I think than the suite. You'd have to do some math there.
Not all rooms at POR sleep 5, but the Riverside section does sleep 5 and usually fills up very quickly.

Well that makes it easy then. Thanks for the clarification. Free dining is new to me.

Okay, The Dis just posted this rumor to their homepage and to their Facebook page, they must know something or have some reason for thinking these dates are real or they would NOT have posted this info . . . . .

Great....free dining...now instead of a nice relaxing vacation..the restaurants will be packed and I'll have to wait for every ADR like last year (55 minutes at Le Celliar).

Argh....I hate free dining.

Sorry!!!

Is it still $10 per adult to upgrade from QSD to regular table service when staying at a value? Might have to plan a trip! LOL

Okay, The Dis just posted this rumor to their homepage and to their Facebook page, they must know something or have some reason for thinking these dates are real or they would NOT have posted this info . . . . .

I just saw the rumor posted on a TA's blog as well.

what about 2012?? :confused3 Is it unlikely there won't be free dining in Feb?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter