New free dining offer yeaaah

Do you know when this will be released? We are going August 6-12 so this would be great!! Will it be on the Disney world website?

Do you know when this will be released? We are going August 6-12 so this would be great!! Will it be on the Disney world website?

Never mind. I reread the offer and the offer comes out August 3 for October booings. My mistake. I jumped at the chance for free dining ....Oh well.

Any ideas on why they wouldn't start it on Oct. 1? I'm quite possibly wrong, but I thought the FD offer for Sept went through until the very end of the month, which would mean that Oct. 1 is the only excluded day :confused3

Kelma

The 30th and the 1st have both been excluded from last few -and possibly upcoming- release of FD and I, too, dont understand why. We've always checked in on a Sat and was hoping to do the same this year. However, I'll take a Thurs (9/29) over nothing at all.

We are booked 9/29- 10/8 and all already have flights.

Maybe 9/30 and 10/1 were not covered because of the 40th anniversary?

This is our FD dates as well. :goodvibes

The 40th anniversary is the only reason I can think of why they blocked out these 2 dates. Yet, the current room-only offer goes up to Oct 1 and even my 40% pin covered it...so who knows.

There was no such thing as Quick Service Dining in 2007.

But, really, I would take this as a big rumor until Knox or on of the other credible Mods comes along to confirm this offer. There are also a number of TAs on this board and I haven't seen any of them post yet either. I do think there will be a free dining offer, but I think everyone needs to wait for a bit more confirmation before they completely get their hopes up about these dates or this release date.

Also, Disney Visa holders have gotten every single Free Dining offer since 2005 3 days before the general public, so until there's some confirmation of the Disney Visa offer, I'm staying skeptical of these dates. I have a WDW trip planning service and I'm not going to share these dates with my customers just yet . . . .

Yes, I want to hear from Knox .... he was so right on last year.

So If I check in on 11/18, can I get free dining (with the upgrade to deluxe) for my entire visit?

I am not getting my hopes up too high yet. But, I would like some opinions.
We're currently booked at ASMu in a Family Suite. We want the DxDDP. Should we just stay at ASMu & pay the bigger difference & keep the extra room? Or should I "upgrade" to POR & pay a smaller difference for the upgrade to DxDDP? Based on the prices, it looks like it'd be about $1500 to go from the Free QSDP to DxDDP. Still not a bad price for a family of 5 eating for 7 nights. $220 per day, $44 per person, so that's only $14+change per meal. :thumbsup2

But, WWYD?

I am not getting my hopes up too high yet. But, I would like some opinions.
We're currently booked at ASMu in a Family Suite. We want the DxDDP. Should we just stay at ASMu & pay the bigger difference & keep the extra room? Or should I "upgrade" to POR & pay a smaller difference for the upgrade to DxDDP? Based on the prices, it looks like it'd be about $1500 to go from the Free QSDP to DxDDP. Still not a bad price for a family of 5 eating for 7 nights. $220 per day, $44 per person, so that's only $14+change per meal. :thumbsup2

But, WWYD?
What's the difference as far as room charges go? And what kind of savings is it if you start and regular and upgrade to deluxe?

If you are in a mod or deluxe, can you downgrade your free regular dining to free quick service? We were paying for quick service on our reservation. I'm just wondering.

In past offers, no, unfortunately you cannot. For some reason it doesn't allow you to go to Quick Service when staying at a mod or deluxe. Which is unfortunate for some guests.

I'd like to know the answer to this also.

Disney usually updates their system closer to when the phone lines open...my guess to keep it fair for everyone...so it usually causes a bogdown online with everyone refreshing!! LOL

We are coming from the uk so im not sure ow yours works, we havent booked our hotel yet but want 14 days, can i check in on the last daynof one of the dates listed and get free dining for 14 days?

In past offers, no, unfortunately you cannot. For some reason it doesn't allow you to go to Quick Service when staying at a mod or deluxe. Which is unfortunate for some guests.

Thank you! I wasn't sure.

Now I have to think about whether I should book a new reservation online when free dining is released, or whether I should call and wait on hold to amend my current reservation.

What's the difference as far as room charges go? And what kind of savings is it if you start and regular and upgrade to deluxe?

ASMu, family suite w/ 7 day park hoppers w/ FQSDDP= $3620.08
ASMu, family suite w/ 7 day park hoppers upgraded to DxDDP= $5380.08
So that adds $1760. (More than my math going off of the pp's price diff. in QS, Reg & Dx.

POR, AB room w/ 7 day park hoppers w/ FDDP = $ 3118.38
POR, AB room w/ 7 day park hoppers upgraded to DxDDP = $ 4438.38
That adds $1320 from DDP to DxDDP.

Difference in POR vs. ASMu = $941.70.
Is the extra room & bathroom worth that much?? :confused3

Hope this is true and I wonder if this will be better than our room offer that we are currently booked under.

When calling Disney, will they take a look at the new reservation and let you know the cost difference from what I'm currently paying and this new offer before we make the change?

Does anyone know the cost to upgrade the QSDP to regular dining plan?

I have dining reservations already, but not on the dining plan. They are all in restaurants that currently accept the dining plans. Is it easy to convert my plans over to free dining, assuming this actually happens?

these are the dates and the conditions of the new offer

Bookings Between August 3, 2011 - December 17, 2011
Travel Dates
October 2, 2011 - October 8, 2011
October 23, 2011 - November 5, 2011
November 13, 2011 - November 19, 2011
November 27, 2011 - December 3, 2011
December 11, 2011 - December 17,

Free Quick Service Dining for values and regular dining for moderates deluxe and villas
QUOTE]

I called and made a reservation on Monday and was told there was a pin code for FD with my name. It was Free QSD for values and DDP for moderates and deluxes.

OUR DATES ARE which we got FREE DINING FOR: NOVEMBER 3rd -12th which are in the blackout dates according to this info. However, I priced the stay previously with free dining and without it and the price I got with FD matched the stay without dining so no blackouts applied to our dates.

So, I wouldn't believe everything you read on hear until it comes from a veteran mod or Disney itself. Since we got one this week but others haven't, I think they are rolling out discounts slowly. I don't know the criteria. It seems hit or miss right now.

ASMu, family suite w/ 7 day park hoppers w/ FQSDDP= $3620.08
ASMu, family suite w/ 7 day park hoppers upgraded to DxDDP= $5380.08
So that adds $1760. (More than my math going off of the pp's price diff. in QS, Reg & Dx.

POR, AB room w/ 7 day park hoppers w/ FDDP = $ 3118.38
POR, AB room w/ 7 day park hoppers upgraded to DxDDP = $ 4438.38
That adds $1320 from DDP to DxDDP.

Difference in POR vs. ASMu = $941.70.
Is the extra room & bathroom worth that much?? :confused3
As far as I know max occupancy in a double bed room at POR is 4, so you wouldn't be able to stuff a 5th person in there unless they're a baby. Which means that you'll either have to keep your ASMu suite or get two rooms. Would it be worth it to get two adjoining rooms at ASMu? Because two rooms at POR would be a whole lot more of course. Your FD upgrades to DxDDP all stay the same so really it's a matter of seeing if two rooms is cheaper than the suite. The POR seems cheaper, but since you'd have to get another room it would actually end up costing a LOT more I think than the suite. You'd have to do some math there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter