Mya's Make A Wish Trip, Oh what memories

So a lot of y'all have waited for this day. For us it was probably the most amazing and most traumatic. It began bright and early as we had early morning reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table, which was awesome because the park wasn't open yet to the general public. That is so cool walking down Main Street alone. We got some great pictures.

38069757.jpg

2b37ab1d.jpg

245d1f25.jpg

0d6e1ef0.jpg

9a6c00d3.jpg

00178c92.jpg

5f2df577.jpg

Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table was better in my opinion then 1900 Park Fair. The Princesses were lovely and charming and Aidan enjoyed his sword.

181d9f51.jpg

e664db20.jpg

e13a54a1.jpg

We rode It's a Small World and then went and hung out with Pooh and Tigger for a short visit. Pooh was awfully special and gave me a big kiss! You could tell that they were very compassionate character's living up to their persona's.

28a06766.jpg

b74776f3.jpg

db340b32.jpg

03009dc0.jpg

From here we went to see the Fairies again, hoping their would be some we hadn't seen and we weren't disappointed! When we walked in we say Tink and they Yellow Fairy whose name eludes me right now, but Silvermist was also there and Mya had just been reading one of her books and loves this fairy! So while waiting for Tink, she and I began to play Rocks, Paper, Scissors. This is a game she really loves, well I guess Tink enjoys it as well, because she shared with her a version the Fairies play. It's called Bird, Leaf, Rock and she explained how the Bird eats the Leaf, The Leaf covers the Rock and the Rock, well cover your children's eyes, Smashes the Bird. So they started to play. Well this brought the attention of Silvermist who wanted to know what they were playing. Tinkerbell, explained it to her and they then began to play together. So after a round or two, Tinkerbell had other plans.

15648215.jpg

18acd1e8.jpg

3792b1ab.jpg

She asked Mya to play leaf and Silvermist to play rock, which they both did. This is when Tinkerbell took over. She stated that the Bird she played, "Eat's the Leaf, placing her fingers around Mya's hand and then, "Poop's on the rock" Setting her closed fist in a fashion on her rock and then flying away. It brought a laugh from all those around...

3fb2497b.jpg

32e6292c.jpg

569a9338.jpg

And onto the the part that changed everything....

I'm a lil late in coming by, but your story is awesome!
I hope Aiden is doing ok now! I will be praying for you.

Oh I forgot to add we got out of the ER at about 3am. We have had three wet diapers today. So a lot of prayers were answered and they didn't need to admit him.

How quickly I forget when they are feeling well.

Hey Mac, glad Aidan is getting better!

Now no fair leaving us hanging like that! I keep coming back to see if you finished the story!

Tracie

So let's finish this day. After spending the morning at the MK we chose to jump over to the Animal Kingdom. We hadn't spent much time their on our last trip and we though it was a park that just a few hours would be fine at. We had heard we should see the Nemo show and we wanted Mya to do Kilamanjaro and I wanted desperatly to do Everest. This ride was opening shortly after our last trip and I love coasters!

So we jumped in the car and drove over to the AK. On the way in we got to hang out with quite a few characters.

bf0e9000.jpg

5edf12ae.jpg

71741a22.jpg

cb8b1f83.jpg

4a0a0eae.jpg

So after hanging with the character's I wanted to get Everest out of the way. We decided to make the hike grabbing a few pictures along the way.

38991dca.jpg

Then we saw it!

b53c519b.jpg

Instead of having Mya and the family walk the whole way up, because I couldn't talk Mya into riding with me. They rested by the river next to the restrooms (of terror). I proceeded to the ride using Mya's pass to jump the line partly. I got in fairly quickly as a single rider and really enjoyed it. The speed and thrills were truly amazing. I would have loved to ride it again.

f3664af8.jpg

That's me in the front left! You can see I was wearing one of the shirts made for me by the Big Give that day.

So I journeyed back to were I left the family, but they weren't there. I looked and wondered, but had no idea where they could be. I grabbed the cell phone and started heading to one of the shops near there. As the phone began to ring I heard a women state that someone was LOCKED in the restroom and couldn't get out.

Guess My surprise when Naomi answers and states that She and the KIDS are locked in the restroom and the handle has fallen off the door. Disbelief kicked in, this couldn't be my wife the lady was talking about, and how in the heck did a handle fall off. Well I approached the family room door and behind it I could hear them beating on it. They had been doing this for the last 5-10 minutes they said. It seems a friendly employee had helped them get in the room, but while they were taking care of business other individuals had jostled on the handle. At one point Naomi heard a large clang and after washing up, she noticed that the handle was lying on the floor. She could not open the door from the inside, and I couldn't open it from the outside.

I kicked the door once or twice, but it was a steel door, steel frame and the spring and bolt were locked. Now this story could go on for quite some time and I would really love to go on and on, but wow it really was quite bothersome. Disney did quite a few things wrong that day as it took more then 8 employee's to get that door open, an hour later and a group of fathers willing to knock the door down with me, but I won't elaborate about the problems and share how they made it right.

Mya and the Kids did get out safely, and after crying for a while inside, Mya was happy to see me. She was scared they would never see anyone else again she told Naomi.

Disney did make it right though, and they did everything they could. A manager finally showed up and I shared with her the disappointment I had with how things went down and they partnered us up with another manager named Ben. This guy was there the whole time and allowed me to vent, stomp, speak loudly and even curse a few times when things weren't going how I desired, but he listened and was quite empathetic.

He took us directly to Kilamanjaro, jumping us in line so we could get the ride done before the upcoming parade. Before departing he gave the kids each a new stuffed animal, correctly picking out a Panda and Monkey, the favorite pet of each child. Once we got off the ride he was waiting at the exit to take us to a private sitting area for the parade. Which started upon our arrival. No pictures of the parade, as I was video taping the whole thing. We were right at the start in a private box, and it was amazing!

From here we were to jump right behind the rope at the end of the parade, follow it across the bridge and get to Nemo. They were giving new definition to rambo planning. We were right behind the rope, as if we were in the parade.

8df23185.jpg

27747eb0.jpg

We cut it close and when we got to Nemo it was full. I walked up the gatekeeper and announced our name. She stated they had been "Waiting" for us and took us right to center stage seating! It was an amazing show, but they weren't through there!

Once we exited the show, Ben was waiting for us to take us to see the Lion King Show, this is a show that should NOT be missed. We had front row reserved seats held for us and we were close...

8828b9f2.jpg

So close in fact that at one point when it was time to pick the audience members, Mya was chosen. She is usally quite shy in things like this, but this Zebra girl made it so special for her.

24a9bd4c.jpg

286dc9c3.jpg

She noticed that Mya wasn't able to keep up as well and grabbed her by the hand and walked with her. (making me cry again)

fff9d363.jpg

afe77ad4.jpg

And at the end when Pumba picked his favorite child, guess who was selected? Maybe it was the cute Hannah Montana outfit she was wearing. She just had to be a star!

683ee73f.jpg

So whomever the dancer is that is in this picture, THANK YOU!

90b93092.jpg

Ben did an amazing job as well and was waiting for us after this show as well as park closing was coming up. However he had something else in mind. He gave us passes to extended hours and on top of this one more thing. I had mentioned that we had planned an extra day at the park on Saturday before leaving and that tickets would be nice since we had missed some time and it was quite traumatic for the kids. He had four tickets in hand for us to use.

Disney really did go beyond to make up for the issues, I just hope they fix that door!

Well we finished off the evening with a few more character greats and Ben said to stop by Customer Service on the way out.

6f9cdbf6.jpg

3fd1605c.jpg

We hit Guest Services on the way out and out came three bags full of goodies, Aidan got a Big Micky and some fun kid toys, Mya got some Princess toys and we even got a picture frame and some cool keepsake bags. They even had a few stuffed animals you get from the carnival games, but they didn't last very long. :sad1: Naomi caught Ben peaking through the door to get the kids reaction. They loved it and fell asleep holding their toys.

227d9415.jpg

Looks like Mya stole Aidan's Monkey that night!

99bfc79c.jpg

Oh what a day it was...

Ok that was worth waiting for! What a crazy day! I'm so happy it turned into a wonderful one in the end. I was worried that Mya got trapped in the bathroom by herself! I'm glad Ben made the rest of the time at AK magical for the kids and I hope they forgot about the bathroom experience!

Tracie

Wow! What a traumatic day. I don't think I would have handled being trapped in the bathroom that long. I am so glad that Disney gave you the star treatment. It sounds like the rest of the day was amazing. Your children are so cute. Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I love all of the characters your kids were able to meet! :banana:

It sounds like Disney turned a bad incident into a very Magical afternoon and evening. The free tickets were an awesome jesture too :goodvibes

I'm glad Aiden is feeling better:hug:

Oh, that bathroom story is still so unbelievable. I love how Disney made it up to you though:)

I love the Tinkerbell story!!!

I am so glad she enjoyed Cinderellas Royal Table!! :goodvibes

And Pooh and Tigger ARE the best, aren't they!!! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!

You got locked...in the bathroom...for over an hour!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I just can't believe they did not act much faster than that.

I have to say...and I really mean no disrespect to other families enjoying a Disney vacation...but that TOTALLY stinks on a Wish trip! I can't imagine how awful the management folks felt when they realized a Make a Wish child was stuck in the bathroom! Oh no! :eek:

It does not surprise me, at all, that they treated you like royalty the rest of the day! Wow. I still can't believe it.

But, in perfect Disney fashion...it sounds like they certainly made it up to you! :) Go Disney!

And Go Mya and Go Aidan!!!! :) And bless Naomi! :hug: :hug: :hug: And I am sure it was not easy on the outside of that door either! :eek:

Man, oh, man!!!

Thank you for sharing that with us and not leaving us hanging for too, too long!! :thumbsup2

Oh what a nightmare. Your poor wife. Being stuck in a bathroom with two crying babies might have pushed me over the edge!!!

BTW, you fellas looked very handsome in your tshirts ;)

WOW...what a day! Both good and bad!! I can't even begin to imagine being stuck in a bathroom for an hour with my kids! But they really made up for it it sounds like! That is AWESOME! Love the pictures! And sounds like Mya was the star of the Lion King show...that is so neat!!
I can't wait to read and see more!!

I can't even imagine the frustration you guys must have felt!! It is so amazing how Ben treated you and your family after the "bathroom" incident! Hopefully the kids are not traumatized for life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter