Mya's Make A Wish Trip, Oh what memories

Fantastic TR! What a beautiful princess! Can't wait to read more when you get a chance.

I heard there is over 93,000 stars 'in the sky' at GKTW. Can anyone tell me if this is true or tell me the number of stars?

Seeing the dolphins up close looks really cool.:goodvibes

I heard there is over 93,000 stars 'in the sky' at GKTW. Can anyone tell me if this is true or tell me the number of stars?

Seeing the dolphins up close looks really cool.:goodvibes

I took this from the GKTW website ... www.gktw.org

Give Kids The World Village (GKTW) is a 70-acre, non-profit resort in Central Florida that creates magical memories for children with life- threatening illnesses and their families. GKTW provides accommodations at its whimsical resort, donated attractions tickets, meals and more for a week-long, cost-free fantasy vacation. With the help of many generous individuals, corporations and partnering wish-granting organizations, Give Kids The World has welcomed more than 93,000 families from all 50 states and over 65 countries.

So, yes...there are 93,000 stars in the sky...if there is one up there for every child. I am not sure how long they have been doing the stars, though. I know it has been many, many years.

I took this from the GKTW website ...
So, yes...there are 93,000 stars in the sky...if there is one up there for every child. I am not sure how long they have been doing the stars, though. I know it has been many, many years.

While this makes me feel good..... it also makes me feel sad. Some day Juliana's name will be up there in the sky.

Give Kids The World Village (GKTW) is a 70-acre, non-profit resort in Central Florida that creates magical memories for children with life- threatening illnesses and their families. GKTW provides accommodations at its whimsical resort, donated attractions tickets, meals and more for a week-long, cost-free fantasy vacation. With the help of many generous individuals, corporations and partnering wish-granting organizations, Give Kids The World has welcomed more than 93,000 families from all 50 states and over 65 countries.

93,000 families does not mean 93,000 stars. In actuality it could be more as some of these families have more then one child experiancing the magic of GKTW. Luckly they help you find yours.

Happy Easter all, I may have time this evening for Day Three...

He%20is%20risen.jpg

Of one my daughter's friends attended this wonderful slice of heaven, and I cannot begin to tell you what it meant to him, and his foster parents. They were so blown away by the staff, how much people cared for this little boy who they never met to give him a chance to go to Disney, a trip he had wanted for years.

I am glad to report that our friend who was granted this trip has successfully received a bone marrow transplant and is now thriving.:woohoo: Even though he is now not able to be in crowds, so he cannot attend school this year, he is still expected to graduate high school next year. Another miracle for this child many had wrote off.

I am so glad that your little PRINCESS got her wish granted.

Bless you and yours

Can I start off by saying how remarkable the staff at Universal was and is? They really made it difficult to not have fun. I wish there were more people in the world like the staff at Universal, but let's move on to the pictures and story.

We started off walking our way through City Walk and I got to see a few Nascar vehicles.

I'm starting to think this is the most overrated driver on the circuit. But I am a Mountain Dew fan.

7adc94d7.jpg

We then went into Universal not knowing exactly what we were getting ourselves into. We had never visited in the past, but it did sound like it had a few things we would want to see.

70ac6a6e.jpg

First off we ran into that lovable family from Springfield. Mya didn't love the big yellow folks as much as I, so Aidan and I joined in for a little "Aye, Karumba!"

a1a3aac5.jpg

We then ran into a few people that Mya did enjoy however...

daf7dfd5.jpg

cf7e5eaf.jpg

The next group was fun to be with. When I worked for Warner Brothers, I had the opportunity to spend an evening with the creator of the following characters and then another time the voice talent behind the lovable Mutt.

b93bb156.jpg

Mya has been working on reading over the last year, so we spent the next hour in George's play ground and had a blast in the ball factory and all around. Be careful of the buckets though... An oriental couple didn't hear the ringing and let's just say they probably need an extra set of clothes.

ebfed492.jpg

99b8ce1d.jpg

09bc5fb5.jpg

70ef4274.jpg

After this we kind of walked around a little, stopped for some coffee, I did MIB and the Simpson ride (not that impressed) and finished off the park with Disaster, which I got to play a starring role.

We then walked over to Islands of Adventure and I wish we had spent more time in this park.

We loved Suess Landing!

e03e747f.jpg

9d94df5a.jpg

We got a private meet and great with a few characters, but I wished we had stayed for the story time.

d2fde6a6.jpg

The guy in green was very cold in the beginning...

6955d654.jpg

55679b7a.jpg

But after a few minutes he kind of warmed up to our little Wish Child...

2498924e.jpg

And Naomi got to hang with another Thing, she has enough of us causing trouble at home.

3a876c80.jpg

ff04b96f.jpg

We ended up riding every ride they had and some more then once. It really was a great park, but as time wore on...

c3f3b632.jpg

I did get to finish off with meeting my favorite super hero. Unlike other wish kids, this is the one spot in which we were treated as special as I had come to expect, but I still like Cyclops!

91d43860.jpg

And then Naomi surfed into the next day...

026948a9.jpg

YEAH!! An update!! :)

I am so glad to see sweet Mya and your family again! :)

I love all of the characters you got to meet! I am going to have to make my way over to *ahem* Universal - at some point! :) Probably after they get the Harry Potter exhibit!! :)

I love the character interaction...especially Cat in the Hat! One of my personal favorites! :)

So glad to read and see more from your trip!!
Love the pics of Mya reading the big books! Too cute!
Looks like y'all had more fun!
We were a little apprehensive about going to Universal...but the more I read the more I look forward to visiting!:banana:
Keep the updates coming!!popcorn::

So I have read this whole thing now, and I feel like a dummy. When you sent the link to me, forever long ago, I didn't realize you had posted more than just the first page. I seen replies to what you had already posted, and thought all the other pages were replies as well. Silly me!! So I came on here today to see if there is anything else, and finally realized how this thing works. I truly and a blonde, so I have a good excuse :-)

I have really enjoyed reading all of this, and I also want to thank you for the shout out for me and my work. I had an amazing time with you guys, and better be there for the next trip, lol!!! You guys reminded me of why it is such an honor to help others. I was truly blessed with a great first family for the Littlest Heroes Project.

Well I can't wait to see more pics and read more! I hope you all are doing well too.

P.S., I used the family beach photo of you guys walking as one of my new business cards that I place at businesses around town. It's a 4x6 card, and everyone loves it! Your family is famous around here, lol!

I am so glad to hear that the Universal Team Members are doing such a great job! The Seuss Characters and Superheroes are great for our wish kids...I am glad to hear that you had such a great visit there!

awesome update, cant wait to see more, i havent been to universal in years but it looks great
.:3dglasses my son ryan sent this little 3d guy to your kids.

Well I just spent the last three days in the hospital with Aidan. Will post more soon.

Oh dear! I'll be praying for the little guy; hope he's better and at home soon.

We are home, now. Sorry I ended that open ended. Now back to bed. Had to find a pharmacy.

We are home, now. Sorry I ended that open ended. Now back to bed. Had to find a pharmacy.

I am so glad you guys are back at home! No fun at all to be stuck in the hospital! :goodvibes

I hope you are feeling better, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter