Mya's Make A Wish Trip, Oh what memories

macntosh

Wonders if the Tag Fairy is still around?
This is the story of My Daughter's Make A Wish Trip to Meet Ariel and her friends. We visited the last week of February. So let's begin this Trip Report...

Mya's Wish Granter's threw her a party at a place called The Purple Glaze. Here are her granter's John and Paula

cb66b321.jpg

She had a few friends and a cousin show up. They each picked a different item to paint and were fired at the shop. They turned out great, but I don't have pictures of the finished product.

f00ebbeb.jpg

1427a2b8.jpg

Mya was given a gift by her granters and it included the snazzy hat you see in the first picture and quite a few other items.

35b3dd13.jpg

Then we were given the backpack with lots of fun items. This included our T-shirts, Buttons, Guide Book, Airline Information and MONEY! Wow I was surprised.

So fast forward a week.

a08512d4.jpg

89e59c1e.jpg

Those were taken Friday before we left and then Mya and I went to School, were I read to the class.

94e06929.jpg

Late that night this was our living room:

84159ca5.jpg

I told myself I wouldn't be up late packing, but low and behold it was almost Midnight before we got into bed. When we got to the Airport American Airlines was waiting for us. They recognized us by our matching T-shirts, hats and buttons. They even waived the luggage fee, which surprised me.

Security was a breeze, I was quite surprised. I notified them before we got to the scanner that I had formula and some liquid products for my son. We made it through with even having two bottles of water, which I didn't think was even allowed. They were quite accomidating with us, which was a true blessing. We planned to eat at the Airport McDonald's, so that was our next stop.

abef94d0.jpg

That monkey was a life saver, the whole trip.

9583bb8e.jpg

We were then off to the gate. WOW we were surprised.

676ecd35.jpg

4bcf0169.jpg

They let us on early and we had another family with more issues getting on behind us. They were on a MAW trip as well, but had wheelchairs, oxygen and such.

We landed in Orlando a few hours later and it all began...

62fc9736.jpg

4aa001fd.jpg

Upon arrival at GKTW we hung out there all day. Our villa was 284, a unique Orange and Blue Color, really wished we had one of the villa's close to the Playground, but we enjoyed the short walk to meals and such.

1e1763eb.jpg

f793adcb.jpg

We rode the train up to the village:

4777c0cd.jpg

This is where Mya created her Star, and made her Pillow:

9d1fee94.jpg

09a2a654.jpg

To be continued...

We then were asked to visit the Spa, we thought it was time for a massage, but alas it was just nails and tattoos, both Mya and I got a tattoo and her's is still on. Guess I need to wash her arms better.

19180149.jpg

9170f581.jpg

556a26a1.jpg

We rode the Carousel

11e85fd2.jpg

and then celebrated Mayor Clayton's Birthday after a little Ice Cream.

f4fcf594.jpg

6681a448.jpg

5d9c1c55.jpg

Then it was time to head home and say bye to New Friends.

1945eb68.jpg

yeah!!! It started!!! :)

:woohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :yay:

She looks beautiful! And I am thankful for that monkey. :)

That is so cool that American Airlines did all of that stuff for you guys!!! :)

Can't wait for more!! :)

I am glad real life has allowed you time to start your TR, Mac! Looks great. :goodvibes

:cool1: :cool1: Ohh whow cool...:cool1: :cool1:

What great pictures, so glad you had a great time. How was the weather? Did you get to swim at all?

By the way did you pack a bag of medical supplies with you on the plan or ship it down there? Also did they charge you for it?

Can't wait to see more...:banana: :banana: :banana:

:cool1: :cool1: Ohh whow cool...:cool1: :cool1:

What great pictures, so glad you had a great time. How was the weather? Did you get to swim at all?

By the way did you pack a bag of medical supplies with you on the plan or ship it down there? Also did they charge you for it?

Can't wait to see more...:banana: :banana: :banana:

The weather was great but that's more of the report.

We packed formula in three bags, two checked and one carry on. We were not charged for any checked items what so ever both there and back. They were very accommodating. We shipped nothing (not exactly), well that's part of the story as well, let's just say I can't count cans correctly.

Yeah, it's started!!! Sounds like a great first day.

yeah an update, i love seeing those adorable children. cant wait for more. so nice of american airlines.

Great start, great pictures and what beautiful smiles on your lovely young lady!

Alison

Sounds like a great start to your trip! Glad to hear they waived the baggage fee....that is super nice!!
I can't wait to read more!! Don't leave us hangning!!!

Oh cool that they did not charge you for the bags. We are going thur Delta, so who knows. I guess I will pack a bag with all of his stuff and take it with me instead of shipping it. Thanks for the heads up.

Can't wait to see more pictures, Jake is loving this thread so far...:thumbsup2

Things I forgot to add to that first day. I'm not sure if other MAW'ers have had random acts of kindness, but we had the most unique experience at the airport. While sitting eating our meal a middle age women walked up to me, ask if we were going on a Make A Wish trip and when I responded positively, she pressed $20 in my hand and asked us to spend it on something for the kids. She stated she had two children at home and would like for us to get them something nice.

It was at this point that I almost began to cry again... I think I might have to check my testosterone levels in the near future. I wanted to cry due to the kindness of others at almost every turn.

We also had a wonderful time at Check-In and Orientation, we also took advantage of having food delivered to the Villa. We love Boston Market and the goodies in the fridge weren't too bad either!

Well this day we were planning on hitting Animal Kingdom in the morning and then move onto the Magic Kingdom, however we didn't get everything together in the morning as planned and got out late. We had to hit Wal*Mart, and we wanted to meet our photographer from "The Littlest Hero Project." She was planning to meet us at Magic Kingdom and since we had a few other things planned that day I wanted to take advantage of her skills. We got to the park around 10:30 and were real excited, but that was quickly dashed for me when I found out that I had left my Camera on all night and the battery was DEAD! We were in luck though that Becca would be showing up shortly.

Our first stop was the Monorail to get into the park and from there we entered the park and began our stroll up Main Street. Seeing the excitement in Mya's Eyes and watching the overload in Aidan was amazing. First thing we purchased was to use the ladies money mentioned earlier and got the kids balloon's. Mya got a pink one and Aiden a blue one. To my surprise that $20 was now gone. Becca arrived around Noon and we were off to Fantasy Land. Mya wanted to walk through the castle but it was blocked off so we went around the outside edge. We came upon the wishing well. She wouldn't share with me what she wished for as "they won't come true, Daddy."

35d79593.jpg

5f8fa344.jpg

af5c8bac.jpg

First stop was Dumbo, this is one of the few rides Mya had remembered from her trip 3+ years earlier.

739aa55b.jpg

29970d5f.jpg

From there it was off to the carousel:

ff5f3a43.jpg

1026d869.jpg

Aidan truly enjoyed all the sites and sounds. I just had to remember to help him keep on his cochlear's.

Next stop was to fulfill her Make A Wish and visit Ariel. The wait was over an hour, but when they saw Mya's button and our access card, they took us right in. I think Ariel spent a good 5-10 minutes with her just chatting and laughing. I don't think Mya ever closed her mouth, she was in AWE :cloud9:

899dde84.jpg

e1afe02e.jpg

Aidan was just happy to watch everything going on:

1f5a4265.jpg

But he soon made Ariel bust a fin

c2938144.jpg

4101ddbd.jpg

We were then off for more autographs:

047407c7.jpg

02b4c668.jpg

To be continued....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter