Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, may I join?

I'm due on September 17th, very newly pregnant, and have a lot to learn, since this is my first baby. I registered at a pregnancy forum, but I don't know, I didn't feel too comfortable there. Maybe later on in my pregnancy I'll give it another try.

My husband is away for a few weeks job related, so to keep myself from missing him too much at night I borrowed a few pregnancy books from the library to read in the evenings. I'm a K teacher, and I have to get my kids in 5 minutes. They're in music now. But I'll be back later to read all of your pregnancy experiences! And congratulations to the new moms who have just given birth!

DIS B -- I'm so sick of work too. I'm one of the "most productive" workers (seriously, we get productivity stats each month and I'm usually at 110-120% when the office average for my position is 85%), so I feel like they are trying to get as much work out of me before I go on a 5 month maternity leave. I was planning on working right up to my due date, but now I'm thinking that next Friday might just have to be my last day. I'm tired and uncomfortable at home in the evenings, and my 1 hour commute each way does not help. I also keep getting assignments that are noted "give to an experienced person" which means they are extra-difficult and require a lot of analysis -- things my brain does not want to do right now! (And I'm far from the most senior person in my position, I haven't even been here 2 years when a coupld people have been here 15+ years.)

Hotveggy -- other than the back labor, your birth story sounds pretty nice. I hope mine goes as smoothly.

MrsDarcy -- Welcome! I'm pregnant with my first too, but I'm due February 5. Are you sick at all? I luckily wasn't sick to my stomach, but I was so tired when I was first pregnant. I actually only worked 32 hours a week for about 6 weeks, because I just couldn't stay awake. I joined some pregnancy boards too, but none of them ever "clicked" for me. It seemed like so many of them were filled with teen and very young moms who I didn't have anything in common with.

I'm so jealous of all you girls that are so far along! And congrats to all those who had babies recently!

I'm being induced on Friday!! :cool1:

I always said I would wait until Liam decided he was ready, but the past week or two I have just been miserable. I was at 4cm today and my Dr asked if I wanted her to see if she had an opening on Friday and the word "yes" was out of my mouth before I knew it! LOL! This is probably the best way for DS as well since our family is all about 1.5 hours away.

I go in at 3:30am on Friday. I'm so excited...a bit nervous about the whole induction process, but I'm ready! We've been waiting for this for almost 5 years!

I always said I would wait until Liam decided he was ready, but the past week or two I have just been miserable. I was at 4cm today and my Dr asked if I wanted her to see if she had an opening on Friday and the word "yes" was out of my mouth before I knew it! LOL! This is probably the best way for DS as well since our family is all about 1.5 hours away.

I go in at 3:30am on Friday. I'm so excited...a bit nervous about the whole induction process, but I'm ready! We've been waiting for this for almost 5 years!

very exciting! good luck... i hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Skuttle: How exciting for you!

Hotveggy: what a lovely little girl. She is so precious.

Mrs. Darcy: Welcome to the club here! I lurk on a couple pregnancy forums and I like the DIS thread a lot. Much less crazy.

Tomorrow is my 20 wk appointment and the Gender US. :dance3: So DH and I finally gets to see who wins our little bet. So far the vast majority of people we know are rooting for the pink team, with about 2-3 people on the blue team.

I have been having quite a bit of what I can only describe as a 'stretching' pain across my lower abdomen. I was warned about the round ligament pain, but I am still not enjoying it. I even woke up in the middle of night last night because I was so sore. My lower belly just feels so uncomfortable right now. The baby has also developed a serious rage issues against my bladder and goes after it several times a day.

The visit with DH's bio-mom last week went alright. She told DH not to let me get fat, demanded we have a little girl (because she neither needs nor wants a little boy, and said a boy wouldn't feel like a real grandbaby for her :mad:), and then also demanded our kiddo be taught to speak 4 languages. This comes about because a friend of hers has a grandson who can speak 3 languages and she does not want her grandbaby to be the 'dumb' one. DH and I had mentioned how we will try our hardest to make Baby bilingual since his father and Bio-mom don't speak english. After the dinner with her we debated whether to teach baby spanish so it can talk to the good grandfather, or not teach it spanish so it wouldn't have to deal with her. ;) Thankfully she is now back in Italy.

The issue is that DH is fluent in spanish but I am not, so keeping that language in will be hard. So far the language issue is shaping up to be the one issue that I will be harassed about on a regular basis. Hey... I will try! But no guarantees! My mom was fluent in spanish and my dad was not, mom tried hard, but it didn't stick too well with me. I want the kiddo to be bilingual for a multitude of reasons. However, I also do not want to be harassed or made to feel poorly if the child does not become fluent. DH will be speaking to baby only in spanish so it is up to him to keep the language going. Also, two of local daycares do offer spanish as a second language so I will choose one of those.

Wow! Congrats. I can't wait to see pictures!

Oh how exciting!!!! Do you have your baby bag packed? are you ready?? Imagine you'll be holding your new baby in a couple of days!! Best best wishes for an easy delivery!

And thank you for the welcomes!

I've been having morning sickness every morning, but it goes away a few hours after I eat breakfast. I've been drinking peach and apricot nectars when I wake up and I think it's helping.

I have such a long way to go and I just pray that I don't miscarry since I'm being told all the time how common it is. I know people mean well by saying that, so I won't be heartbroken if something happens, but I just like to focus on the fact that I'm pregnant and enjoy it without worrying every day.

My husband is away for a few weeks (military) and the first few days were very hard for me. We've only been married for 8 months and this is the first time we've been apart since we've been married. But I have family around me and friends for support so it's getting better, but the nights are hard.

My due date is Sept 17, judging my my LMP, and my first OB appointment is in 2 weeks.

I know I'm silly but I already have names picked out, Michael Henry if it's a boy and Maria Charlotte if it's a girl. Who knows. I'll probably change my mind a hundred times by then. (But I really don't think so.)

I can't wait to have a "baby bump"! I always hated that term, but now that it's me who's pregnant I like it now.:goodvibes

I look forward to reading all of your pregnancy news!

Yay!! I can't wait to see pics!

I know I'm silly but I already have names picked out, Michael Henry if it's a boy and Maria Charlotte if it's a girl. Who knows. I'll probably change my mind a hundred times by then. (But I really don't think so.)

He he he, My girls name is Charlotte Maria! Maria is a name which has been carried as a middle name by every female in my family for 4 generations. Charlotte is pretty much the only name DH and I could agree on. We apparently have entirely opposite tastes in names and Charlotte is the only girl option for us.

Our boy Name is Andrew Arturo (family names again).

He he he, My girls name is Charlotte Maria! .

Get out!!!!:rotfl: I go back and forth with C M or M C, but I really love the name Maria, and my husband says when she's naughty we can sing "how do you solve a problem like Maria". (The Sound of Music). He's so corny!

Thanks everyone! I'm going to work this morning to finish up a few things, email a few people outside of my firm that I've been working with on different cases and then I'll be coming home to rest. I have to go to the hospital at 3:30am, but they told me to call at 2:30am to make sure I can still go in. They said it rarely ever happens, but sometimes they are full with natural/emergency births. I can't believe it's really happening!! In November 2009 we had pretty much given up and started to try to accept that we may never have another child. Seven months later...BFP without any drugs or doctors and now Liam will be here tomorrow. :goodvibes It's all just amazing and we are so very thankful.

ScottishDuffy and Mrs.Darcy....My DH liked the name Charlotte if we had a girl. My middle name is Maria and it's a family name as well so if we went with Charlotte it would have been Charlotte Maria. Too funny!

I'm being induced on Friday!!

Skuttle -- That's so exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly, fast, and with as little pain as possible. I think I'm due a day or two after you, but my midwife thinks I'll go late. I don't think I'm going to have the baby for another 2 weeks or so.

MrsDarcy -- I hope your husband gets to come home soon. It must be really hard not to have him around. I can't believe you guys laready have names.

My baby is due next Saturday, and we are still debating. Right now, if it is a girl, she will be Zoe Lou (or Lousie) or Catherine. If it is a boy, he will be Thomas Colt, but I kind of want to change it to Timothy Colt, because my dad's name in Tim. Oh, and we are going to call him Colt, but thought he should have a more traditional first name in case he becomes a Supreme Court justice or something. Naming has been very stressful for us.

Well, tomorrow is my last day at work! :banana: I have a long commute, and it has been snowing every day which just makes the drive worse. Plus, I have a long list of things to get done at home before the baby arrives. Really exciting things like mop kitchen floor, do laundry, and clean my bedroom.

We live in Steeler's Country, so everyone keeps telling us not to have the baby on Super Bowl Sunday so we won't miss the game. My husband is worried that all the hopsital workers will call of sick that Sunday. We got a really cute Steelers onesie, bib, and socks at the baby shower, so I have to remember to pack them for the hospital -- we wouldn't want anyone to think that the newborn wasn't a Steelers fan from birth :laughing:

Good Luck Skuttle, cant wait to see some pic

Mrs. Darcy-sorry about the morning sickness, i was living off peach nectar for a few weeks and just switched to mango for something different...I havent seen apricot but that sounds good too

lspst8- i love the name Zoe, it made it to our top three

We found out we are having a little girl so after much debate we choose Arabella Pearl (Pearl is DH's grandmother). Now we just have to get everything else ready, our plan this weekend is to start organizing the house and empting out our workout/junk room, but knowing myself i'm sure i'll just end up going shopping and putting it off for another weekend. I've already bought two cute dresses as i just couldn’t help myself

Hi everyone! My name is Eilis and I'm actually a graduate from the TTC thread. :lovestruc I am going on 3 weeks now and so scared and excited at the same time. :goodvibes I am currently on progesterone and estrogen as a precaution. Not crazy bout those butt shots:rolleyes: but of course it is all worth it. I go in next Friday, 2/4, for my ultrasound to confirm fetal sac(s) and normal development of whoever is in there now:goodvibes My family knows since they have been so supportive through this process and a close circle of friends which are considered family. :goodvibes

Allison ~ I'm sooo excited for you to meet Liam! I'll be thinking of you on Friday morning!

Hope you are all well today!

Welcome Esbrick! I used to lurk around the TTC thread and remember seeing you around there. Congratulations on your graduation! Hopefully more of ladies can join us soon. :goodvibes

Alright, So today was the big US.... we have Charlotte Maria! Pink team woohoo! DH will just have to be satisfied that the cat is a boy. Though he is now joking that since he will have a daughter he will need to go out and purchase a shotgun for her dating years.

Still have not gained any weight yet. I am just losing other places because I definitely have a tummy now but my weight is the same. My pants feel looser around my thighs and fitted shirts are looser around my arms, so I am just evening out. I saw the 2nd doc in the practice today and she didn't seem to mind at all about the weight. The first one was peeved about my lack of weight gain but this 2nd one was alright. Her stance (and mine personally) is that "The baby is growing perfectly, you and the baby appear healthy, it is not a problem." Weight will come eventually.... I have no doubt. If you had asked me I would have placed a bet on an extra 5 pounds but nope, still dead even.

Next week I will start working on a baby registry after my big certification exam on Monday. So any tips you ladies have for a first timer making a registry let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter