Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I was part of this group back in September, but had a missed m/c and then a d&c. Well, I am pregnant again!! Whoo hoo! Took 1 cycle off and then this was our 3rd cycle of ttc. Just found out Tuesday. I'm due around 10/6/11. Had 2 blood draws to confirm viable pregnancy and will go in for a semi early u/s at 6w4d on Feb 15th! So glad to be back.

Congrats to skuttle. I remember you from when I was here last time!

Hello to everyone else!

I'm on my phone so this will be short.

Liam arrived quickly at 8:45am. 7lbs 1oz, 19.25 inches. He's just amazing. We are both doing well. I'll post pics and more info re delivery when we go home.

Congrats, Allison! I am so happy for you!

Skuttle i can not wait to see the pictures of Baby Liam!

Welcome back to the group Ariel!

Today I had my board exams and I passed!!!!! :banana::dance3::banana:

Goodness, I was more scared of that test than I was of having a baby. I not only passed the exam, but I passed in the minimum amount of required questions. I feel 100 pounds lighter now and can focus on Baby stuff. I will have an orientation to my medical group on Thursday and hopefully can start work soon. Credentialing should take a couple weeks to finish but then I am good!! I just have to tell them I am pregnant, I almost feel guilty for starting a new job 5 months pregnant but oh well. What can ya do?

DH and I are out looking for new furniture today since our old couch has a broken beam. This was on the list to be our first big purchase once I got done with my certification exam. We have it narrowed down to two furniture stores out of 7 we looked at.

Tomorrow for celebration we will be spending the day at Hollywood Studios to have a fun and relaxing time post test. There will most likely be epic battles on toy story mania between us two. I think DH is probably online trying to look up the highest scoring pieces.

Hello! Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I was part of this group back in September, but had a missed m/c and then a d&c. Well, I am pregnant again!! Whoo hoo! Took 1 cycle off and then this was our 3rd cycle of ttc. Just found out Tuesday. I'm due around 10/6/11. Had 2 blood draws to confirm viable pregnancy and will go in for a semi early u/s at 6w4d on Feb 15th! So glad to be back.

Hello to everyone else!

welcome back! hope you have an uneventful pregnancy this time!

Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post

Congrats! I hope everything is smooth sailing for here on out.

Today I had my board exams and I passed!!!!!

Congrats to you too. It must be a weight off your shoulders. Good luck with the new job too.

I had a midwife appointment yesterday afternoon, and she's estimating that the baby will weight at least 8 pounds. We also started talking about induction -- my next appointment in Feb 7, a few days after my due date, and we will make a decision about it then. I'm hoping we don't have to do that, but she said that she wouldn't induce until Feb 11 or 14, so I do have some time. Anybody have any experience with inductions?

Hey everyone! I was trying to wait to post until I loaded pictures but I saw lspst8's question re inductions so I thought I would respond. I promise the next time I get up I'll load the pictures onto the computer!

I was induced on Friday. I went in at 3:30am and started the pitocin at 4:30am. I was at almost 4cm when we arrived at the hospital.

Liam wasn't liking the contractions too much so I had to stay on my side for most of the morning. Around 7:30am I was getting uncomfortable with the contractions so I asked to start the fluids for the epidural, which took about 20min. Around 8am the epidural guys came in, but so did my Dr to break my water. I sat up for her to break my water, but when I did that it broke on its own. I was around 5cm at that time. After she left, DH was kicked out and I was given the epidural.

This was at 8am and DS arrived at 8:45am...needless to say things went VERY fast from that point!

The epidural wasn't bad at all. It was about what I remembered from DS. A bit of pain from the numbing shot and then lots of pressure. However, after my water broke, the contractions kicked into high gear and the epidural never really had time to kick in until after I had Liam. They kept trying to get stronger drugs in my IV to help, but it didn't. The contractions were so strong and close together. I felt like I would pass out and even asked the nurse what would happen if I did pass out because I really thought I would.

After a few painful contractions, she checked me quickly and I had jumped to 7cm. I could feel that Liam was right there and I was ready to push, but they had to get my Dr and DH back in the room. The nurse was about to let me start pushing without my Dr when my Dr ran into the room. Thank goodness!

I only pushed 3-4 times and Liam was out. I had a small tear that needed 2 or 3 stitches. When I was pushing, the epidural had kicked in enough to take the edge off of the pain, but I could still feel more than I remembered feeling with DS. I wasn't completely numb until after delivery.

Liam was born at 8:45am. 7lb 1oz and 19.24 inches. Just a tad bigger than DS, who was 6lb 7oz and 19 inches. DS was born at 35w6d though. Liam was born right at 39w.

We came home Sunday afternoon. I'm still a bit sore, but getting better every day. The first night home Liam wouldn't sleep unless held, but last night he slept in his crib from 1:30am-6:00am. Woo Hoo!

DS is just loving his little brother. He wants to hold him constantly. He's so cute with him. THe dogs are learning their boundaries and haven't given us any problems either. One of our dogs is on high alert, especially at night. He gets up with me and just sits staring when I try to comfort the baby. It's really cute.

I'm glad I chose to get induced. It allowed our family to be here and for us to make sure DS was taken care of. Plus, if my water had broken at home and things would have gone as fast as they did at the hospital, we wouldn't have made it to the hospital in time for delivery!

DH is home with me this week and has just been wonderful. I'm really going to miss him next week when he returns to work!

I've learned from this that I have pretty fast labors! With my first DS, my water broke at home at 7am and then DS was born at 12:45pm. We don't plan on having another baby because I can't take the chance of having to go through years of infertility like we did with this baby, but if I do get pregnant again I will be asking for an epidural as soon as possible!

2gt851d.jpg

t6oztv.jpg

eafw5u.jpg

xvj9w.jpg

Hello to everyone else!

Yay! I remember you! Saying prayers for you this time around! So glad you're back! What great news!

Scuttle - I can't stand how cute the pictures are! What a proud big brother! Glad it went pretty smoothly. Congrats!

Hello to everyone else!

Congratulations! I look forward to getting to know you!:goodvibes

Congrats to you! He is amazing! I have followed your story on the TTC thread, and now the MTB thread. I couldn't be happier for you and your family! As was the case with me, somehow it makes it worth all the crap you had to endure to get to this point! Enjoy every day. Trust me, you turn around and they are 18 years old, seniors in high school, and heading off to college!

Allison, he's beautiful! I love the pjs at the bottom-DS has them, too! (in a much bigger size because he's a monster now!)

Aw, thank y'all so much! I still can't believe he's actually here! And DH and I can't believe that DS1 was ever that small! When I think about all we've gone through, to finally have him here, it's just such an amazing feeling. :goodvibes

Welcome to the world, Baby Liam!

I loved reading the birth story. I wish I could deliver naturally without pain meds, but to be honest I have a low threshold for pain, so I don't know.

Hey Everyone-

My name is Rose and I have spent the last year or so on the TTC thread going thru all sorts of stuff to get to this point. At this point I am around 6.5 weeks - we really are not sure. I have a second ultrasound to find out a better time frame on Monday.

Congrats Skuttle - what a beautiful baby!

Congratulations, Rose. I'm new here, too. For all you had to go through, I pray the rest of the way is a piece of cake!

Congrats Skuttle what a cutie

and Hi and Congrats to all the ladies from the TTC board

I have my 21week appt next week, cant believe i'm half way through this pregnancy...its going so quick...DH and i started emptying out the room for the nursery and are now thinking about having a garage sale because we have so much stuff in there we've never use or unpack (we've been in this house 3years:rolleyes1)...though it sounds like so much work

So, I have a question. I went to my ob-gyn office yesterday for an "intake" appointment. They went over what I can and can't do and things like that. One thing they said is that I need to completely stay away from artificial sweetners. I am confused - I need to watch my weight and not gain too much (I am pooh sized), but I can't have light yogurt and diet coke? (I LOVE Coek zero - I have been having one a day)

TIA for replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter