Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leger, I'm with you-the csection was way easier than I would have anticipated, and I wish I had just done that from the beginning! (not that I really would have elected to have one with no reason, but man, so easy!!)

Same here girl! I always in the back of my mind knew I would wind up with a csection and now I would totally elect to have one. I keep talking about how great it will be if I get blessed with another baby in the future to just schedule a repeat csection. I lost a lot of blood after surgery but I still would rather have the csection than a vag delivery.

I've had two c-sections, and I have to admit that my first was a nightmare compared to my second. I had major PPD because I was so, so exhausted when they finally did it that I just never felt like I had my baby. I barely touched him for weeks. So, I was one of those people that talked about the evils of c-sections. Physically, I wasn't that bad but I was an emotional wreck. :rotfl: I felt like I walked in (induced, I was having issues) all happy and excited and I left so confused and messed up.

My planned RCS with DS2? Ohmygod. So, so, so easy! Like you and WDWAurora are saying. I could have a baby everyday if they were all that easy. :laughing:

Your son is adorable! He's so tiny and cute. :lovestruc Congratulations! I love peeking in to see all the new babies.

That stinks that your first csection was bad. I hear you on the PPD. I had a BAD reaction to the perkocet and got kinda nutty in the hospital and once we came home and once I stopped taking it I was a totally different person. I llost a lot of blood during surgery too so I think that had a lot to do with my crazy talk in the hospital as well. Being in the hospital extra days sucked but as far as recovery at home it's been great.

Thank you for the compliments :) He's my sweet itty bitty guy. Although 3 weeks later he's not so itty bitty anymore LOL.

Congrats Leger! Love the pictures!

I went for the GD 1hr test and it came back that my blood sugar was sky high. I knew it would - I have been DIEING of thirst and my heart was racing and I felt sick in my stomach when they were drawing my blood. never had that reaction to the glucose drink before. So yesterday, I went for the 3 hr. test. I haven't heard back yet , but I'm assuming I have GD - and my doctor wasn't surprised because of my age.

I am pretty shaken up about this because i am not ready at all for this baby. NOTHING done. No crib - nothing. And now, I'm not feeling so hot and don't have a lot of desire to do anything. For some reason, I just am not excited to prepare for it... can't explain it...with the others I enjoyed preparing so much. I guess it is because I am just so darn busy with the older 4 that I don't have time to think about it. I just have to make a list and start plowing though it. I'm also worried because i'm afraid this will lead to me having a c-section, which I've never had before with my other 4. In fact, my labors have been so easy that I was looking forward to labor with this little guy like it was Christmas coming all over again. I'm also worried about how early they will have to take the baby due it's size. I've been thinking I have so much time, but I may not.

Thank you very much.

I'm sorry to hear about the glucose test :( I hope you don't have GD and don't wind up with a csection since you don't want it that way. It;s hard but I'm sure you will be just fine :goodvibes

It has been a busy couple of weeks! We are now fully moved into our new place in Orlando and I am busy studying for my board exams. The national Review is this weekend and thankfully is held in Orlando.

DH is thrilled because Disney is about 10-15 minutes away and we can pop down there in the afternoons to walk around during 'study breaks'.:thumbsup2

We told the in-laws Christmas Eve and they flipped! It was great! They have been dropping hints for about 2 years now and are just over the moon excited. MIL even went out the next day and bought some organic baby wash, some bottles, and a small toy. Not even I have anything bought yet.:rotfl:

Although I have a little bit of a pooch I am weighing less than my starting weight. My old OB didn't mind about my lack of weight gain, saying I was a little overweight to start with and my healthy eating was good for me. She had faith I would even out eventually. They even congratulated me for dodging weight the 1st trimester! This new OB seems a little perturbed by my lack of weight gain at the 16 week appointment. I am not dodging weight gain... I am just not ordering out or eating crap anymore now that i have time to cook. I get at least 2 servings of fresh veggies and 3-4 servings of fruit a day. I am not concerned, I will get big eventually. It is my first baby and i'm eating very healthy. So long as the blueberry is fine it doesn't matter. The new OB said she wanted at least 5 pounds on me by my 20 week gender ultrasound.... DH said we should do a Disney restaurant binge. :rolleyes:

We will find out Boy/Girl on the 27th! The entire family seems to be rooting for team girl, though DH is rooting for team boy. We will be fine either way but it sure will be fun to know! Hope everyone is doing well.

Baby Alex is so adorable and sweet!! Congrats!

thank you very much. And congrats to you on the move. 10 - 15 min away from WDW?? Color me jealous LOL!

looks like i am the next one to go. i am 38w4d today. had an ob appt this afternoon and i am 1cm and "long". i am hoping to hold out until at least this weekend or next week. one midwife said she expected me to still be preggers at my appt next tuesday. i have to work 11.5 more hours in order to take my full 16 weeks of fmla. that will take me to 1/2 a day on thursday though we are expecting a whopper of a snow storm tonight so who knows about work tomorrow.

hope you are all feeling well.

Veggy: Hope you are able to get your hours in!

I am now 18 weeks and just bored, sitting home studying non-stop. I scheduled my board exam for the 31st, so now I have a deadline with my studies. I am unbelievable nervous about the exam! But once it is over I can focus on baby related stuff, since we have not gotten anything ready for the blueberry yet.

I am feeling well, I think perhaps starting to feel the blueberry a little bit. It is just hard to tell when the flutters are so little. It feels like I am being tickled on the inside, just under my belly button.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

hotveggy...Good luck with the hours! You are so close...is there any way you can work extra the next day or two just in case you do go early? Hope the baby cooperates!

ScottishDuffy...Good luck on your boards. At least you'll get it out of they way then you can focus on the baby. :) I didn't start feeling "real" movement until close to 20 weeks, but I did feel the fluttering every now and then earlier on. :)

I have an appointment tomorrow. This appointment starts my weekly visits!! I think my Dr will probably do a real exam tomorrow since I'll be 36w6d. I'm anxious to find out if anything is starting to happen down there!

Veggie -- I hope you get your hours in too and that your employer is at least willing to work with you.

Skuttle -- I just started by weekly appointments on Monday. My midwife did an internal exam, and nothing is happening with me.

We went over all the signs of labor and when I should call the office, but she guesses that I will likely go past my due date. The midwife did say that my baby "isn't a peanut" ... which I'm actually happy about! I've been telling people that I want to have "a baby of substance" because I'm kind of scared of hurting a little 5 pound baby as opposed to a sturdy 8 or 9 pound baby. I don't know if baby weights run in families, but I weighed 8lbs 13oz and my sister was 9lbs 8oz.

Almost everything is ready in the nursery -- just some decoration to hang on the walls. Our glider was delivered from Target yesterday, and I think my Dh and I are going to have to carry is piece by piece up the 2 flights of stairs to the nursery because the box is way too heavy for us to manage at once.

so they cancelled work today. (first time ever in the 11 years that i have worked there- i am a physical therapist, healthcare never closes.)

this is good since there is almost 2 feet of snow out there, but bad because it doesn't count as hours that i have worked. i will work 8 hours tomorrow and then will only have three and a half to go. i am not due until next friday and went a week late with my daughter so we'll see. as long as i don't go into labor during this snow storm, i will be a happy camper.

lspst....LOL at the baby of substance! Our DS was 6lbs 7oz at birth. He was the first baby I ever held, first diaper I ever changed. It took a little while, but you soon realize they aren't as fragile as you think! My DH said it was amazing watching the nurses clean him up after birth in the nursery... flinging him around like a doll!

Veggy...I sure hope you don't go into labor with the snow!! Sounds like you have some time to get your hours in.

Had my appointment today and I'm 2cm! :cool1: Actually, her exact words were "a good 2cm." I'm so excited to be making progress! I was given a copy of my records to carry around with me just in case. Tomorrow morning I'm going to pre-register at the hospital. I was going to do it today after my appointment, but my Dr was delivering a baby when I arrived so I had to wait about an hour to see her and by then it was 5pm.

WOWSA I have some catchign up to do, hopefully tonight when I get home I can read up on you all. The holidays have been nutty for me. I ended up in the hospital not once, but twice in 2 weeks. I have existing heart condion that just does not seem to like this pregnancy. I passed out at work and when coworkers found me I was purple! They have since changed around some meds and have me on a heart monitor at home for the next three weeks.

I got my AFP results back...normal! I went for my LVL 2 last week and I am having a HEALTHY baby............no that's it, a healthy baby! I dond't find out the sex! I'll be going to the high risk dr every 4 weeks until I deliver, in addition to the reg ob.

I also applied for a weekend position....and found out unoffically that I got it and will most likey start in March....which is fine. This will allow me to be home with the kids all week, which will save a TON on daycare!

Oppps...back to work!

rebecca sue joined us at 11:36am. labor was ok- i had back labor again which kinda sucked but i only pushed for 11 minutes which was great!
7lbs5.5oz 20.75"

we are both doing well.

rebecca sue joined us at 11:36am. Labor was ok- i had back labor again which kinda sucked but i only pushed for 11 minutes which was great!
7lbs5.5oz 20.75"

we are both doing well.

congrats!!!

Congratulations Veggy! I hope you didn't have any problems with the weather!! Post pictures when you can. I hope you have an easy recovery. :goodvibes

rebecca sue joined us at 11:36am. labor was ok- i had back labor again which kinda sucked but i only pushed for 11 minutes which was great!
7lbs5.5oz 20.75"

we are both doing well.

So happy for you! Did you get your hours in at work? I'm guessing you didn't unless you were at work for a few hours before going into labor. If not, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! It was meant to be - enjoy your baby!

Congrats Veggy! Can't wait to see some pictures of the new little bean.

Star: Congrats on the results and the new job. Sounds great.

Things here are going well. My weekend board review is over and now I have two weeks until the big test.

Tommorow DH and I will be driving down to see his Bio-Mom. She flies into town once or twice a year and we will go see her for a day or two. DH isn't particularly fond of her, but she is still his mother. (his step-mom is actually the one he calls mom) Bio-Moms main concern, expressed in a recent phone call, is that DH not let me get too fat! :rotfl: Oh, she's a gem. she has been offering me plastic surgery for years and now she is terrified that I will get fat and be a shame to the family. Both DH and I just laugh at her and go on, not taking any bait. The big battle will come later as DH decided years ago that she would never be allowed alone unsupervised with any children of ours. So i am interested to see how this visit goes as there is always *something* with every visit.

Not much else to report! Just looking forward to the big exam and the gender ultrasound.

Congrats Veggy! I hope everything is going well.

Scottishduffy -- Your husband's mother sounds quite interesting. I hope the visit wasn't too stressful. At least you and your husband can both laugh about it when it is over.

Nothing new is going on with me. My office threw a surprise shower for me (and the 2 other pregnant ladies here) last week, and it was so nice. I wasn't really expecting anything other than a cake, but we had a private room at a restaurant and even gifts! I saw my midwife yesterday, and everything is still good. Just counting down the days I have left at work .... I'm thinking maybe next week, I will see if I can cut back to 3 days a week. I have an hour long commute each way, and that just drives me crazy now.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Hi Ladies, joining the party
DH and I are currently expecting our first June 15th

we are both starting to get excited at we are having our anatomy scan tomorrow
and we'll finally find out what the little minion is.

Its been a uneventful pregnancy (which is nice) but it only started to feel real recently
Of course we are both totally overwhelmed with all the baby need and all the cute wants.

Hi guys it has been awhile for me on here.

Sorry that I am a terrible list keeper if anyone wants to take the honors, please do!!

Congrats on the most recent babies!

I still haven't had my 20 week ultrasound and I am almost 21 weeks. My doctor has been on vacation and I don't go until next week!

My doctor wasn't there at my last appointment and I had a different doctor who freaked us out by saying we could be having twins because I am measuring so much bigger than my weeks. I just laughed!!! We will see I guess!

Congrats to Veggy! I hope you are able to enjoy as much time off with your daughter as possible.

Went to the doctor and they think the baby isn't in the right position-looking at the possibility she is transverse. So, I have to for an ultrasound and determine exactly what is going on. Apparently they can get stuck this way and it results in a C-section, which I am not thrilled about. Epidural and the old-fashioned way was what I was hoping for. Oh well, we do whatever is best for our little ones.

I'm getting really excited to meet her and be off of work for a while. I'm just over all the trivial crap there. I'm sure it is partly being tired and uncomfortable, but the other part is realizing what is truly important in life. Work will be there when I get back. Plus, it will be nice for others to start carrying their weight while I'm gone.

Anyone else at the end and feeling this way?

ScottishDuffy...Hope the visit with your MIL is going well! Sounds like you may have a story (or two!) for us when you return!!

lspst8....Sounds like you had a great shower!

Wendy...Welcome!! Congrats on your pregnancy!! It'll seem even more real once you know what you are having. :goodvibes

IHeartTink...Twins?!? LOL! I wouldn't be able to sleep until the u/s!

DIS B...I feel the same! I plan on working until I go into labor. I keep getting so many emails asking "can you do xyz before you leave." I've finally had to keep reminding everyone that I'm due in TWO WEEKS! I'm definitely ready for some time off! And I am SO ready to meet the baby!! My DS surprised us and was one month early so this is the first time I experience the waiting.

Had another appointment today and I'm up to 3cm, 60-70% effaced. I'm excited that I made more progress since last week. I just hope it continues.

Had another appointment today and I'm up to 3cm, 60-70% effaced. I'm excited that I made more progress since last week. I just hope it continues.

this is good news. i was 1cm and "long" on tuesday and was told that i would likely be pregnant the next week. had the baby on saturday morning. hopefully it will be soon for you!

100_4898.jpg

100_4897.jpg

100_4887.jpg

Here are a few pictures. We are adjusting well at home and big sister Allison is doing better than I expected for a 22 month old.

Here is a brief birth story before I have to feed Rebecca again.

I didn't feel right on Friday and had contractions for about an hour or so in the afternoon, but nothing too strong or too close together.

I woke up around 2am with a few contractions, but was able to go back to sleep. By 330am i went downstairs on the couch to let dh rest bc i was pretty sure that this was it. i had back labor again- just like the first time, though i don't think it was as bad or maybe i was just more relaxed. the contractions were 6-8 minutes apart at that point. i went in the shower around 545 and the contractions got closer together. The contractions were 4-6 minutes apart after that so i called my mom to come to be with allison and i called my midwife at 7am to let her know what was going on. also since i was beta strep positive, i wanted to be sure i would have enough time to get the penicilin. she said that as long as my water hadn't broken she wanted to wait until all of the contractions were less than 5 minutes apart. by 8am they were and i was told to head to the hospital. this is about a 20 minute drive. they are doing tons of construction down there so we actually missed the driveway and had to go around the corner again! way fun with contractions. i was admitted around 830 and spent most of my labor in the rocking chair. i didn't want to be touched unlike my last labor where dh pushed on my back during each contraction. i am pretty sure he was happy not to have to do that again. finally around 11am i asked to be checked since she hadn't done it yet and i wanted to know where i was. i was 6-7cm and "stretchy" so she broke my water and let me start pushing. 11 minutes later rebecca was born. this was a way better experience than my birth with allison where i was contracting for 2 days before she was born and she there was meconium when they broke my water so the hosptial pedi had to be there during the delivery. this was a much more relaxed experience.

we are very blessed to have 2 healthy girls and dh has already made his appointment for his vasectomy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter