Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry I haven't been posting here a lot. I have so many private boards to keep updated it's hard to keep track of it all LOL. Anyways, I had my 40 week appt yesterday so here's the latest. And yes, I'm still currently pregnant.

So yesterday I had my 40 week check up with my favorite doctor. We did all the normal stuff. I'm finally 1cm dilated....was only at a half last week so I guess the contractions I had on Saturday did something. When Dr. A was doing my internal he said "I'm gonna make your eyes water" and it felt like he was twisting his hand around and around and it hurt so bad and yes I actually cried. Was that him stripping my membranes? He never actually told me what he was doing LOL! Anyways, as the nurse was taking my BP she was talking to me about inducing and the possibility and how ready and stressed I am and blah blah blah....the whole time I was trying to hold myself together and guess what....my BP was high! My BP has never been high in my life or at all throughout pregnancy so because of that and all the headaches I've been having Dr. A decided to send me to L&D to get monitored for a while. He said if my BP was still high while there then they would induce me that night and if it was fine after some monitoring then they'd send me home and we would stick with the induction date he has already set up for me on Friday at 5:30am.

So, we get to L&D, get registered, get hooked up and so far so good. I never once had a high BP while we were there. The last one they took it was 84/53 I think. Alex's heart was great the whole time. It went into the 180's quite a few times while we were there but they didn't seem concerned with that. My blood work also all came back normal. I was there for about a total of 3 hours. Fun times. I was registering some contractions while we were there but nothing that I felt and nothing steady. So all in all they wound up sending me home. The evil on call doctor never came in to see us or talk to us or anything. Just told us to go home. And the mean nurse that released me said "were you hoping to be induced tonight?" we of course said yes and she said "well, we have a lot of women in your position that have inductions scheduled for tonight so if we kept you it wouldn't be fair to them". I could have kicked her! Yeah, take my BP now meany!! LOL!! Oh yeah and the first nurse that got me checked in started an IV just in case they admitted me and guess where she put it....on my hand practically in my WRIST!! I couldn't even put my hand in a relaxed position it hurt so bad so I forced them to take it out. I've never had an IV before so when they do the one on Friday I'll be telling them to put it in my arm.

So about 9pm we were on our way home and now here we are....waiting another 2 more days until Friday to be induced by my favorite doctor. He said he will be on call all weekend so he will for sure be my delivering doctor thank GOD!!! I love this man and it makes me feel good that he's going to be there. So now I want to stay pregnant until Friday. I'm a tad scared cause I just went potty and when I wiped I had a TON of snotty/bloody mucus. So here's hoping I can keep Alex in for the next two days. Not that I want to have Pitocin but I don't want to deal with any other crappy doctor other than my awesome Dr. A at this point. It's going to be a L-O-N-G two days!!

so as long as I don't go into spontaneous labor today or tomorrow I'll be induced and delivered by Dr. A on Friday starting at 5:30am. Yay!!! I'll have Alex by the end of the week in my arms, safe and sound. My little stubborn Christmas baby!

oh yeah and I also left out that this morning when I went potty I had a TON of bloody mucus on the TP when I wiped. Maybe that was my MP? Bloody show? I dunno but it makes me nervous that I'm not gonna make it to Friday now LOL so say a lil prayer that Alex stays put for a couple more days.

Oh boy, that was probably your mucus plug...when I see that, I am usually in spontaneous labor within 48 hours. I think you are going to be induced on the day you would have gone into labor anyway.

Leger...what an adventure you have had!! With DS, I had the same type of discharge and then 1-2 hours later my water broke! I hope you can make it until Friday!

DIS B...I've heard that can be very painful. :( I hope you are able to find some relief.

hotveggy...I hope everything works out with your leave. Funny how many things pop up this late in the game!

AFM...I had another appointment today and baby sounds good. I was a bit nervous for today. I was put on bed rest with DS at 32w due to PIH and I'll be 33w tomorrow. Thankfully everything is still looking good! She even said, since everything is going well, for my appt in two weeks I can see a NP if she (my Dr) is not available because she will be in and out the week after Christmas. I guess I need to get it through my head that this pregnancy won't necessarily be like DS's!

Had my second shower on Sunday and went online last night to purchase the few things we were missing with some giftcards I received. I feel so very lucky to have such generous family and friends. :goodvibes I plan on washing Liam's clothes this weekend and find a place in the bathroom and kitchen for his things.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Well, its official-she is sitting on my sciatic nerve. It hurts so much to walk. Is there any relief for this? Looks like I will definitely be getting a wheelchair for our Disney trip.

Where does everyone buy those adorable headbands they put on their baby girls? I totally want some pictures with it on.

Sorry I don't have any experience with the sciatic nerve problem, but I do have an answer to your headband question. :goodvibes I know a lot of people buy them on Etsy, but you can get them at Hobby Lobby a lot cheaper. They even have some basic flowers and bows to clip on, or if you're at all crafty, you can do it yourself. My mom has made over 20 for my DD already!

sorry I haven't been posting here a lot. I have so many private boards to keep updated it's hard to keep track of it all LOL. Anyways, I had my 40 week appt yesterday so here's the latest. And yes, I'm still currently pregnant.

So yesterday I had my 40 week check up with my favorite doctor. We did all the normal stuff. I'm finally 1cm dilated....was only at a half last week so I guess the contractions I had on Saturday did something. When Dr. A was doing my internal he said "I'm gonna make your eyes water" and it felt like he was twisting his hand around and around and it hurt so bad and yes I actually cried. Was that him stripping my membranes? He never actually told me what he was doing LOL! Anyways, as the nurse was taking my BP she was talking to me about inducing and the possibility and how ready and stressed I am and blah blah blah....the whole time I was trying to hold myself together and guess what....my BP was high! My BP has never been high in my life or at all throughout pregnancy so because of that and all the headaches I've been having Dr. A decided to send me to L&D to get monitored for a while. He said if my BP was still high while there then they would induce me that night and if it was fine after some monitoring then they'd send me home and we would stick with the induction date he has already set up for me on Friday at 5:30am.

So, we get to L&D, get registered, get hooked up and so far so good. I never once had a high BP while we were there. The last one they took it was 84/53 I think. Alex's heart was great the whole time. It went into the 180's quite a few times while we were there but they didn't seem concerned with that. My blood work also all came back normal. I was there for about a total of 3 hours. Fun times. I was registering some contractions while we were there but nothing that I felt and nothing steady. So all in all they wound up sending me home. The evil on call doctor never came in to see us or talk to us or anything. Just told us to go home. And the mean nurse that released me said "were you hoping to be induced tonight?" we of course said yes and she said "well, we have a lot of women in your position that have inductions scheduled for tonight so if we kept you it wouldn't be fair to them". I could have kicked her! Yeah, take my BP now meany!! LOL!! Oh yeah and the first nurse that got me checked in started an IV just in case they admitted me and guess where she put it....on my hand practically in my WRIST!! I couldn't even put my hand in a relaxed position it hurt so bad so I forced them to take it out. I've never had an IV before so when they do the one on Friday I'll be telling them to put it in my arm.

So about 9pm we were on our way home and now here we are....waiting another 2 more days until Friday to be induced by my favorite doctor. He said he will be on call all weekend so he will for sure be my delivering doctor thank GOD!!! I love this man and it makes me feel good that he's going to be there. So now I want to stay pregnant until Friday. I'm a tad scared cause I just went potty and when I wiped I had a TON of snotty/bloody mucus. So here's hoping I can keep Alex in for the next two days. Not that I want to have Pitocin but I don't want to deal with any other crappy doctor other than my awesome Dr. A at this point. It's going to be a L-O-N-G two days!!

so as long as I don't go into spontaneous labor today or tomorrow I'll be induced and delivered by Dr. A on Friday starting at 5:30am. Yay!!! I'll have Alex by the end of the week in my arms, safe and sound. My little stubborn Christmas baby!

oh yeah and I also left out that this morning when I went potty I had a TON of bloody mucus on the TP when I wiped. Maybe that was my MP? Bloody show? I dunno but it makes me nervous that I'm not gonna make it to Friday now LOL so say a lil prayer that Alex stays put for a couple more days.

Leger - that does sound like your MP/bloody show. I didn't have mine until my water broke, and since I was 3 days overdue, I was induced then. I was scheduled for an NST followed by induction the next day but DS couldn't wait 1 more day.

Well,

I have not posted in forever so I may as well give an update here.

Leger- wishing you a healthy and speedy delivery soon!

DH and I have moved to Orlando! It has been a busy week with my graduation and with the move. We are currently crashing with the inlaws for christmas and will be spending a few days back and forth between different cities. I am more than a little nervous about when to tell my new job about the little Bundle. I have a signed contract, but then again I am nervous abotu telling them before i officially start. Though showing up for my first day 5-6 months along seems like a dirty thing to do as well. :confused3

My Brother and SIL are in town and we will be going to see the tommorow. I love my brother but sometimes he is tough to get along with. So DH will spend 1-2 days with them before heading up to Orlando for another day or two to continue unpacking. We will be taking nephew to a local park that is great for toddlers. My parents will have Nephew for the holidays and we will get to spend quite a bit of time with him. He is 2.5 right now.

DH and I also purchased the announcement gift for the inlaws. Only one more week of keeping my mouth shut. It is killing me!! ;)

I am 14 weeks right now and just starting to feel slightly tighter in clothes, they still fit but I feel a little tighter in them. Darn it. I was enjoying staying in my normal clothes... I was hoping that since I am a bit chubby to start with I wouldn't have to upgrade out of my normal clothes for a while (5'4", 155 lb). Oh well, it is what it is!

Hope everyone is doing well. By looking at the main page of the community board i suppose we may get some new members soon.

Hey Everyone --

Nothing new to report. I'm officialy 33 weeks today. I'm really uncomfortable sleeping, but I'm usually OK during the day. I had my midwife appointment on Monday, and everything looked good. I'm so happy I switched to the midwife office, instead of sticking with the OBGYN office. There are only 2 midwives, and both of them really take the time to answer questions -- and my appointments are always right on time! No waiting at all, where I usually had to wait a minimum of 45 minutes at the OBGYN office even at an 8am appointment.

am 14 weeks right now and just starting to feel slightly tighter in clothes, they still fit but I feel a little tighter in them. Darn it. I was enjoying staying in my normal clothes... I was hoping that since I am a bit chubby to start with I wouldn't have to upgrade out of my normal clothes for a while (5'4", 155 lb). Oh well, it is what it is!

I was the same way, but once I put on the maternity clothes, I was so happy. I was telling everyone how I wished I could wear maternity pants for the rest of my life :rotfl: Ok, the jeans that have the stretchy panel that goes up to your bra really do look weird, but they are so comfy. I love mine and wear them pretty much everyday.

Oh, DH and I have been visiting daycares. We've looked at 4 so far, and have one more appointment this evening. One was pretty awful. It was rundown, and while the workers were nice, they didn't use proper grammar (double negatives and "he don't" ... that kind of stuff) so we ruled it out. We have out favorite picked out, but I've also heard very good things about the one we are visiting today. We are hoping to make a decision this weekend and put our names on the waiting list. We won't need daycare until the beginning of July, and so far, everyone said they would be able to accept an infant by then.

Leger...Thinking of you today!! Hope you are holding that baby in your arms tonight. :goodvibes

ScottishDuffy...Congrats on the move!! I always tell DH I want to move to Florida to be closer to WDW, but he seems to think WDW would lose some of its magic if we could go whenever we wanted. As for the clothes...I was ready for maternity bottoms a lot earlier than maternity tops. The tops floated on me! But then very few of my regular shirts were long enough to wear with the maternity bottoms. It is a pain for a few weeks!

lspst8...It's become more and more uncomfortable for me to sleep as well. My back starts to hurt if I lay on my sides, then if I try to lay on my back for more than a minute or so I can't breathe! I'm pretty sure this baby is still breech, so even sitting is getting difficult with Liam's head up in my ribs! Good luck with the daycare search! My only advice is go with your mommy instincts! DS's very first daycare was far from the "biggest and fanciest" of places, but the people there were wonderful and it just felt right to have him there. That's what matters most.

I did a load of baby clothes last night and tonight I'm washing the bibs, towels, burp clothes, etc. Putting everything in its place makes it so much more real! I have SO much 3 months clothing. I'm pretty sure Liam will wear it all once and then either he'll outgrow it or it'll be too warm.

So I have a cousin due 2 weeks before me and she is being induced tonight!! That kinda freaked me out! She's had lots of problems through...hospitalized several times with contractions, on insulin for GD...and her baby is measuring huge already! It just made me realize that I have a ton to do to prepare still!! I did order the big brother/little brother shirts last night so I can scratch that off of my to do list. It took me forever to find some that I liked that weren't $30 each! Most of them are made for toddler-size big brothers, not 7 year olds!

Hope everyone is doing well. I finished up most of my shopping yesterday. Today we may try to knock the Christmas grocery shopping. We have a ton of parties this week...Wed night, Thurs day (my work luncheon), Thurs night, Christmas eve...It will be exhausting, but fun! At least we get to stay home Christmas day. :santa: DS is SO excited about Christmas. I always know how many days are left. LOL! He's also at the age where Santa is a BIG topic of conversation and debate at school...luckily he's in the "I still believe" category, but you can tell he's questioned it.

It's been 3 weeks now but I wanted to come by here while I had the chance and let you ladies know that I had Alex on December 17th at 2:10pm via csection after 16 hours of labor. I was induced and wound up not progressing past 2 1/2 cm dilated the whole time which is why I wound up with a csection.

He was 6lbs 13oz
17 3/4" long

He's been a really great baby and I love him very much and feel very blessed.

Here's a few pictures

the day he was born
DSCN0594.jpg

professional pictures at 5 days old
0017.jpg

0029.jpg

Christmas Eve
pic15.jpg

New Years Eve
newyears.jpg

a few days ago with me
pic17.jpg

yesterday chilling on his boppy
pic16.jpg

I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry it took me so long to come over and announce Alex's arrival.

Congratulations!! Love that NYE picture! Hope you are healing from the C-section well. :)

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays! I'm still trying to get used to our neighborhood/house without the lights and decorations. It all looks so blah!

As of yesterday, I've officially made it further along in this pregnancy that I did with DS! I have my bag packed in my car just in case. I went to the doctor last week but it was just a heartbeat/measurement appointment. Next week I go back and start my weekly appointments. I'm assuming she'll do a real exam next week. I'm anxious to find out if anything is starting to happen down there!

Thanks Skuttle! yes, recovery is going well. Slow, but well. I lost a lot of blood during and after surgery. Enough for my doc to consider giving me a blood transfusion but refrained since I wanted to BF (which didn't work out due to the blood loss). My hemoglobin levels are still low and my doc said that it would take at least a month for them to get back to normal. And my incision is still sore but other than that I'm pretty good thanks :)

Glad to hear you are doing well and that you are further along with this pregnancy than your last. I hope you see some progress made at your next appointment. You're so close now yay! :cloud9:

Oh Leger...how scary! Glad things turned out well in the end. Having a c-section terrifies me! I've never had any major surgery. The first time I ever had anesthesia was last year when I had a hysteroscopy done for my doctor to check out my tubes/uterus. My last ultrasound was weeks ago and baby was transverse. I don't feel much movement high up...it's all around my belly button or lower, so I'm thinking he may be breech.

thanks skuttle. It was scary and I had no idea about the blood loss until the next day when my doc came in and started talking blood transfusion. I could hear the nurses saying when they changed my pads "that's too much blood" but i was so out of it that I didn't really put two and two together. I was more concerned about recovering and the fact that I just had a baby. The csection itself really wasn't that bad. Very fast and relatively painless. Recovery has been pretty easy too. A lot easier than I thought really so try not to be too scared of it if it happens that way for you. It's not as bad as a lot of women make it out to be. I had never even been hospitalized let alone have surgery before so I was scared too but now if I get blessed with another baby I look fwd to scheduling a repeat csection LOL. I'm sorry to hear your little guy seems to be breech still :( I hope he turns for you!

Leger, I'm with you-the csection was way easier than I would have anticipated, and I wish I had just done that from the beginning! (not that I really would have elected to have one with no reason, but man, so easy!!)

thanks skuttle. It was scary and I had no idea about the blood loss until the next day when my doc came in and started talking blood transfusion. I could hear the nurses saying when they changed my pads "that's too much blood" but i was so out of it that I didn't really put two and two together. I was more concerned about recovering and the fact that I just had a baby. The csection itself really wasn't that bad. Very fast and relatively painless. Recovery has been pretty easy too. A lot easier than I thought really so try not to be too scared of it if it happens that way for you. It's not as bad as a lot of women make it out to be. I had never even been hospitalized let alone have surgery before so I was scared too but now if I get blessed with another baby I look fwd to scheduling a repeat csection LOL. I'm sorry to hear your little guy seems to be breech still :( I hope he turns for you!

I've had two c-sections, and I have to admit that my first was a nightmare compared to my second. I had major PPD because I was so, so exhausted when they finally did it that I just never felt like I had my baby. I barely touched him for weeks. So, I was one of those people that talked about the evils of c-sections. Physically, I wasn't that bad but I was an emotional wreck. :rotfl: I felt like I walked in (induced, I was having issues) all happy and excited and I left so confused and messed up.

My planned RCS with DS2? Ohmygod. So, so, so easy! Like you and WDWAurora are saying. I could have a baby everyday if they were all that easy. :laughing:

Your son is adorable! He's so tiny and cute. :lovestruc Congratulations! I love peeking in to see all the new babies.

Congrats Leger! Love the pictures!

I went for the GD 1hr test and it came back that my blood sugar was sky high. I knew it would - I have been DIEING of thirst and my heart was racing and I felt sick in my stomach when they were drawing my blood. never had that reaction to the glucose drink before. So yesterday, I went for the 3 hr. test. I haven't heard back yet , but I'm assuming I have GD - and my doctor wasn't surprised because of my age.

I am pretty shaken up about this because i am not ready at all for this baby. NOTHING done. No crib - nothing. And now, I'm not feeling so hot and don't have a lot of desire to do anything. For some reason, I just am not excited to prepare for it... can't explain it...with the others I enjoyed preparing so much. I guess it is because I am just so darn busy with the older 4 that I don't have time to think about it. I just have to make a list and start plowing though it. I'm also worried because i'm afraid this will lead to me having a c-section, which I've never had before with my other 4. In fact, my labors have been so easy that I was looking forward to labor with this little guy like it was Christmas coming all over again. I'm also worried about how early they will have to take the baby due it's size. I've been thinking I have so much time, but I may not.

talulabelle...Try not to stress too much about the GD. I was diagnosed with GD around 10w. When we were doing our infertility work up a few years ago, I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. As a result, my Dr had me do the glucose test at 8w. I, of course, failed both the 1 and 3 hour. I've been able to control this entire time with just diet, even though at my initial consult with the nurse she said I'd probably be put in insulin since I was diagnosed so early. My baby has been measuring right on track the entire time and there has been no mention of taking him early. :goodvibes This pregnancy has actually gone better than my first. With DS, I was put on bed rest due to PIH at 32w. And as of THursday, I actually made it longer in this pregnancy than my DS, who was born at 35w6d! I hope you are just as lucky. :)

It has been a busy couple of weeks! We are now fully moved into our new place in Orlando and I am busy studying for my board exams. The national Review is this weekend and thankfully is held in Orlando.

DH is thrilled because Disney is about 10-15 minutes away and we can pop down there in the afternoons to walk around during 'study breaks'.:thumbsup2

We told the in-laws Christmas Eve and they flipped! It was great! They have been dropping hints for about 2 years now and are just over the moon excited. MIL even went out the next day and bought some organic baby wash, some bottles, and a small toy. Not even I have anything bought yet.:rotfl:

Although I have a little bit of a pooch I am weighing less than my starting weight. My old OB didn't mind about my lack of weight gain, saying I was a little overweight to start with and my healthy eating was good for me. She had faith I would even out eventually. They even congratulated me for dodging weight the 1st trimester! This new OB seems a little perturbed by my lack of weight gain at the 16 week appointment. I am not dodging weight gain... I am just not ordering out or eating crap anymore now that i have time to cook. I get at least 2 servings of fresh veggies and 3-4 servings of fruit a day. I am not concerned, I will get big eventually. It is my first baby and i'm eating very healthy. So long as the blueberry is fine it doesn't matter. The new OB said she wanted at least 5 pounds on me by my 20 week gender ultrasound.... DH said we should do a Disney restaurant binge. :rolleyes:

We will find out Boy/Girl on the 27th! The entire family seems to be rooting for team girl, though DH is rooting for team boy. We will be fine either way but it sure will be fun to know! Hope everyone is doing well.

Baby Alex is so adorable and sweet!! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter