Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! I'm going to work this morning to finish up a few things, email a few people outside of my firm that I've been working with on different cases and then I'll be coming home to rest. I have to go to the hospital at 3:30am, but they told me to call at 2:30am to make sure I can still go in. They said it rarely ever happens, but sometimes they are full with natural/emergency births. I can't believe it's really happening!! In November 2009 we had pretty much given up and started to try to accept that we may never have another child. Seven months later...BFP without any drugs or doctors and now Liam will be here tomorrow. :goodvibes It's all just amazing and we are so very thankful.

ScottishDuffy and Mrs.Darcy....My DH liked the name Charlotte if we had a girl. My middle name is Maria and it's a family name as well so if we went with Charlotte it would have been Charlotte Maria. Too funny!

I'm SOOOOOO excited for you Skuttle!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful miracle!!! :goodvibes

E!!! I had to pop in when I saw you posted! I was wondering when you would make your way over here. :goodvibes As I said before, I am just SO thrilled for you! I hope you have a wonderful, uneventful pregnancy. Eventually you will be able to relax and enjoy it. The time flies...it feels like just yesterday I was staring at my BFP in disbelief!

Well ladies, I'm going to try to get some rest. I will try to post pics as soon as I can. Thanks again for all of the support. :)

esbrick, CONGRATULATIONS! Since we're both very newly pregnant, we'll be going through everything together here on this thread!

I can't wait until tomorrow to sing Happy Birthday to Liam!

Still have not gained any weight yet. I am just losing other places because I definitely have a tummy now but my weight is the same. My pants feel looser around my thighs and fitted shirts are looser around my arms, so I am just evening out. I saw the 2nd doc in the practice today and she didn't seem to mind at all about the weight. The first one was peeved about my lack of weight gain but this 2nd one was alright. Her stance (and mine personally) is that "The baby is growing perfectly, you and the baby appear healthy, it is not a problem." Weight will come eventually.... I have no doubt. If you had asked me I would have placed a bet on an extra 5 pounds but nope, still dead even.

Next week I will start working on a baby registry after my big certification exam on Monday. So any tips you ladies have for a first timer making a registry let me know!

Try not to worry about it. Something similar happened with me. I have gained 8lbs through this whole pregnancy (4 of them being in the last week). The doctors kept telling me they were not concerned, but did watch me consistently. I had to go for a growth scan ultrasound to make sure the baby was weighing at an appropriate average. She was fine and has continued to grow on target. I lost weight most of the pregnancy, but it could partially be from the fact I have IBD, which has caused me to not absorb nutrients too well. The baby is taking from me.

I worried the whole pregnancy about this, but I know she is okay. Just went for an ultrasound on Monday and the baby's weight was estimated around 7lbs (I'm 38 weeks). Now I get to focus my anxiety on the delivery and trying to get another 5 days before I go into labor. Yesterday, I had contractions and went to the doctor. Not in labor, but am starting to have more and more signs. Who knows though. This could go on for a week.

E!!! I had to pop in when I saw you posted! I was wondering when you would make your way over here. :goodvibes As I said before, I am just SO thrilled for you! I hope you have a wonderful, uneventful pregnancy. Eventually you will be able to relax and enjoy it. The time flies...it feels like just yesterday I was staring at my BFP in disbelief!

Well ladies, I'm going to try to get some rest. I will try to post pics as soon as I can. Thanks again for all of the support. :)

I am so excited for you Allison! :banana: Can't wait to hear from you and see your pictures! I am assuming you are lieing comfortably in your room right now with Liem in your arms!:love:

Be well my friend and thanks for everything!:hug::goodvibes

esbrick, CONGRATULATIONS! Since we're both very newly pregnant, we'll be going through everything together here on this thread!

I can't wait until tomorrow to sing Happy Birthday to Liam!

Sounds great Susanna! Congratulations to you too!:goodvibes

Did anyone else or is anyone else taking progesterone shots? If yes, how long did you take them for? did you get those golf balls in your butt even though you rubbed? :upsidedow

Hope everything is well Scuttle! Can't wait to see the pictures! I love seeing al l of the babies on this thread.

I am super excited because i just noticed my baby on my ticker moved up a block. How can it be that I am so close already? This has been the fastest pregnancy I've ever had - probably because I have been so darn busy with my other 4 that I haven't had time to think about being pregnant. I just have 8 weeks to go , but I never go till my due date and with this being my 5th, I'm thinking more like 6 weeks to go. Yikes!

Did anyone else or is anyone else taking progesterone shots? If yes, how long did you take them for? did you get those golf balls in your butt even though you rubbed? :upsidedow

I'm not pregnant right now, but I never unsubscribed from when my youngest was born, a whole year ago now!!

Anyway, I took progesterone shots weekly with my 3rd pregnancy, from 14 weeks - 36 weeks. I honestly don't remember any sort of golf ball forming, and I never really rubbed it. I will say I cheated in that my husband is an anesthesiologist, so I had him numb me with a shot of lidocaine before he did the progesterone shot. And with that, I never felt the progesterone shot at all (and those hurt! cause I did 2 of them without lidocaine and it was painful!) and by the time the lidocaine wore off, the pain/soreness from the shot was gone.

I took them because my 2nd child was born preterm so we wanted to prevent that with #3. And they worked cause she was born via induction (well, ultimately my 1st c-section) at almost 38 weeks. And she would have stayed in longer, quite happily, but my fluid was low.

Just wanted to welcome more new members. Esbrick -- I hope everything goes great with your pregnancy. It sounds like you have been through a lot, so I hope this is smooth sailing!

Well, this is officially my last day of work for 5 months, and I am so excited. Only 10 more minutes to go. I finished all my work and cleaned out my office this afternoon. Hopefully the baby won't come until its due date so I actually get to enjoy a little bit of time at home and get all my cleaning projects done.

Skuttle -- I hope everything went great today and that you are cuddling your baby now!

Just wanted to welcome more new members. Esbrick -- I hope everything goes great with your pregnancy. It sounds like you have been through a lot, so I hope this is smooth sailing!

Well, this is officially my last day of work for 5 months, and I am so excited. Only 10 more minutes to go. I finished all my work and cleaned out my office this afternoon. Hopefully the baby won't come until its due date so I actually get to enjoy a little bit of time at home and get all my cleaning projects done.

Skuttle -- I hope everything went great today and that you are cuddling your baby now!

Thank you so much! Best of luck with your delivery! :goodvibes

I'm not pregnant right now, but I never unsubscribed from when my youngest was born, a whole year ago now!!

Anyway, I took progesterone shots weekly with my 3rd pregnancy, from 14 weeks - 36 weeks. I honestly don't remember any sort of golf ball forming, and I never really rubbed it. I will say I cheated in that my husband is an anesthesiologist, so I had him numb me with a shot of lidocaine before he did the progesterone shot. And with that, I never felt the progesterone shot at all (and those hurt! cause I did 2 of them without lidocaine and it was painful!) and by the time the lidocaine wore off, the pain/soreness from the shot was gone.

I took them because my 2nd child was born preterm so we wanted to prevent that with #3. And they worked cause she was born via induction (well, ultimately my 1st c-section) at almost 38 weeks. And she would have stayed in longer, quite happily, but my fluid was low.

Thanks so much! I looked up an article and found that I have been doing 2 things wrong! 1st. I've been refridgerating the oil 2nd. Not using the heating pad. I have been very concious of rubbing by butt after each injection. I'm hoping if I do some heating pad therapy that the knots will go down. I'm thinking that they are due to the coldness of the oil. Shoot and I thought I knew everything!:laughing: The last laugh is on me! Ive been taking the shots for 3 weeks now. I'm glad I found this out and can switch what I'm doing wrong so it is a bit easier;)

Oh, I feel bad, E! I usually remember to tell people to ice first, warm the oil in your hands (I usually stuck it down in my bra), shot, then heating pad. My bad! And yes, I still hang out here, too. I'm not good at moving on. I had to take the shots until I had my ultrasound, and I had to ask at my appointment then how long to keep doing them and he was like, oh...you can stop now. So if I hadn't asked...forever? I'm anxious for your U/S!!

I'm on my phone so this will be short.

Liam arrived quickly at 8:45am. 7lbs 1oz, 19.25 inches. He's just amazing. We are both doing well. I'll post pics and more info re delivery when we go home.

Liam arrived quickly at 8:45am. 7lbs 1oz, 19.25 inches. He's just amazing. We are both doing well. I'll post pics and more info re delivery when we go home.

WooHoo!! Congratulations Skuttle. I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see pictures

Welcome Esbrick! I used to lurk around the TTC thread and remember seeing you around there. Congratulations on your graduation! Hopefully more of ladies can join us soon. :goodvibes

Alright, So today was the big US.... we have Charlotte Maria! Pink team woohoo! DH will just have to be satisfied that the cat is a boy. Though he is now joking that since he will have a daughter he will need to go out and purchase a shotgun for her dating years.

Still have not gained any weight yet. I am just losing other places because I definitely have a tummy now but my weight is the same. My pants feel looser around my thighs and fitted shirts are looser around my arms, so I am just evening out. I saw the 2nd doc in the practice today and she didn't seem to mind at all about the weight. The first one was peeved about my lack of weight gain but this 2nd one was alright. Her stance (and mine personally) is that "The baby is growing perfectly, you and the baby appear healthy, it is not a problem." Weight will come eventually.... I have no doubt. If you had asked me I would have placed a bet on an extra 5 pounds but nope, still dead even.

Next week I will start working on a baby registry after my big certification exam on Monday. So any tips you ladies have for a first timer making a registry let me know!

Get the book Baby Bargains....it is a consumer reports for parents to be. I used it with my 1st and it was SO helpful....now as a 3rd time mom I know to make sure I can lift the stroller (not picking one out for the pattern!), fold it fairly easy and what I can do without (wipe warmer) and what I REALLY need (gowns for at night for hte baby, snaps and zippers are not fun at 3am!)

Congrats!

Congrats!! I am so happy for you!!

Fantastic! I'm so happy for you and your family! Glad you are well and can't wait to see the pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter