• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP starting August 29th?

We'll have to agree to disagree :goodvibes - Halloween belongs in October...I don't even like seeing all that stuff in mid-September.

I think what you meant to say is it's never to early to squeeze in a couple extra money grabs :thumbsup2

Oh, I agree. Definitely a money grab!

But it's one money grab my Halloween loving family who can only travel to Disney in August would happily pay for. :)

I'm not sure why they are closing the MK those dates early but I doubt it is for parade practice. In 2011 my DD had the opportunity, while in the DCP, to be in the MNSSHP & the practices were always held after the park closed at their normal time. The practices often started after MN. It did indeed make for a long night!

This could happen.

1) Josh is pretty darn reliable.

2) They have just announced earlier this week that Food & Wine will be extended an extra week to November 10 which lets it overlap with the first Christmas Parties. Here.

3) They announced today (?) that Star Wars Weekends will go an extra week (and also there will be no Hyperspace Hoopla show). Here.

One quick thing, the end date for F&W is normal, they extended the festival at the start (Sept. 19 instead of Sept. 26).

I would be pretty excited...and I would definitely buy a ticket. We are scheduled for Animal Kingdom right now but would do this party in a heartbeat. We were originally scheduled to go in September but it changed and I was upset over missing this party. Fingers crossed!! :yay:

I'm more than happy to throw my money at it!!

Take my money..I am more than happy to attend!:cool1: I think I am more excited because it's on my birthday. One thing I was wondering if they would announce the dates earlier than the end of April/Beginning of May time. We need to plan!

I just checked park hours and now September 1st is also showing up as MK closing at 7 pm. It sure looks like MNSSHP is starting a week early this year.

I changed our proposed schedule have us at MK that day. We used to go in Sept and did MNSSHP for a few years in a row-loved it! Started going in Aug so DD11 won't miss school, but we do miss the party! Also would be great to not have to buy regular tickets for that day, just rest and go later with the party tickets....

i've been around halloween time the last 2 years and that whole party is a huge draw. that said i'd feel a little strange celebrating halloween in august but to each their own. i'm sure it will spike attendance

I just assumed it was shutting early to make a start on the Halloween decorations. I've checked back in my photos and in 2012 the first decorations went up overnight on 28 August.

I just assumed it was shutting early to make a start on the Halloween decorations. I've checked back in my photos and in 2012 the first decorations went up overnight on 28 August.

They never shut the park down early for decorating. It just occurs through the night after normal closing. :goodvibes

Also would be great to not have to buy regular tickets for that day, just rest and go later with the party tickets....

This is us, too. We weren't planning on having any Disney park days at all this trip, but a MNSSHP opportunity would be too good to pass up.

I'm going to be totally gutted if the rumor turns out to be false. My inner child is rather excited about trick-or-treating at the Magic Kingdom :hyper:. I even have my DS, his GF, and DH onboard to wear matching Disney Halloween t-shirts :worship:. The next two months are going to be agony until they release the office dates and start ticket sales!!!

Looks like Josh does not believe it to be MNSSHP. He responds in the response area that it would be too early for the party.

http://www.easywdw.com/news/magic-kingdom-scheduled-to-close-at-7pm-on-friday-august-29th/#comments

Only time will tell. Looks like people are leaning towards a private event of some sort. Wonder if I could join that...haha!

That was an earlier post. He posted last week that he does now think that August 29th AND September 1st may be MNSSHP
http://www.easywdw.com/news/september-2014-disney-world-operating-schedule-available/

Assuming that the rumor is true.....

I wonder if the opening of Diagon Alley at Universal was part of the reasoning for adding the two earlier dates for MNSSHP? :scratchin

Was just posting in another thread when it dawned on me that this potential early start time for MNSSHP may have something to do with Halloween falling on a Friday. The last time that happened, there was no Nov. party date. Also, if MVMCP starts on Nov. 7 (last year it started on the 8th), having a Nov. 2 MNSSHP might not allow enough decorating time. I don't see them holding MNSSHP on Nov. 1, since that would be a Saturday. Perhaps they are covering extra dates on the front end, and not the tail end this year. If so, and if they sell well, I think that Labor Day weekend parties may stick around.

Was just posting in another thread when it dawned on me that this potential early start time for MNSSHP may have something to do with Halloween falling on a Friday. The last time that happened, there was no Nov. party date. Also, if MVMCP starts on Nov. 7 (last year it started on the 8th), having a Nov. 2 MNSSHP might not allow enough decorating time. I don't see them holding MNSSHP on Nov. 1, since that would be a Saturday. Perhaps they are covering extra dates on the front end, and not the tail end this year. If so, and if they sell well, I think that Labor Day weekend parties may stick around.

That makes sense.

Personally, I would not want to go to the Halloween party on Nov. 1st or 2nd. Halloween's over. It would be the same thing as going to the Christmas party on Dec. 26th or 27th.

That being said, I'm sure all those parties would sell out, no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter