MNSSHP starting August 29th?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by maddiebee, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

I can't help but wonder.....if they do run the parties on the 29th of August and September 1st, are they more likely to be super busy (because soooo many folks who always have to travel at the end of August due to school commitments will take advantage of a rare opportunity to do MNSSHP) or super quiet (because people will find it too early for Halloween)?

I have read from several sources that the parties tend to get busier the closer to Halloween you get, but I wonder if these two parties might be the anomalies?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

I'd like to think they wouldn't be as popular, but you never know. I know that several nights sold out in October last year. We went to a sold out party last year and both the early and late parades were really crowded, but it was still totally worth it for us. :goodvibes

4. Rjmdds

Rjmdds Mouseketeer

They say that the first party is usually a sell out and it has a lot of press attached to it. I don't know if being in August would affect that. It wouldn't matter for me though because it would be a HUGE bonus for us to get to attend one. We leave on the 31st and have always wanted to go. We never thought it would be a possibility in August. So here's hoping.

5. WeluvthePeterPanRide

WeluvthePeterPanRide Earning My Ears

We attended a MNSSHP in early October, 6 years ago and loved it. Now that the children are in school we've had to go to Disney World only during school breaks which means NO MNSSHP for our family.

This year, we're going the end of August - (Aug 22nd to Aug 30th). Being able to attend a MNSSHP would be a fun way to end our trip. This party is so much fun that I have no problem celebrating Halloween in August.

6. EasternShoreGal

EasternShoreGal Mouseketeer

And that's exactly why I think that it is more likely than not that these are Party nights.

7. ejcraft

ejcraft Mouseketeer

and I'll go right along with this i tried so hard to make a Halloween party last yr, but once school starts and marching is in full swing, no such luck, Yes Halloween in August is wrong, but as we will be there on the 29th and we've always wanted to do a party, yup Disney will get our money if this is indeed a party night.

8. eangel12

eangel12 DIS Veteran

Any prediction on when they will release MNSSHP dates and tickets?? I'm trying to decide how to plan our last day. If the party is a go, I am definitely buying tickets...wondering when they will release party dates!

9. eangel12

eangel12 DIS Veteran

Never mind...I saw on another site that they release dates in April.

10. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

*sigh* ... its going to be a long wait!

I have faith, though....enough that I have tentatively added it to the plans. Ah, the power of positive thinking! :goodvibes

11. maddiebee

maddiebee DIS Veteran

It at least gives us something go look forward to between our ADR dates and FP dates!

12. Disneylover99

I really can't wait!!!!! I wish I knew one way or the other. I'm going crazy. :hyper:

13. goofygal531

goofygal531 Always planning...

Feeling is mutual!:goodvibes

Being that its Labor Day weekend, I'm guessing the early closing is due to the party. They would not have a private event on a holiday.

I wish it was confirmed as I'm about to make ADRs and attending the party would change our plans completely.

August IS early to celebrate Halloween but the MK is fully decorated before Sept 1st. I'd be happy if it's true. We've never been and it would be fun to go.

14. Disneylover99

That is my only night I did not make an ADR because if the rumour is true, I'll be feasting on candy all night. ::yes::

15. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Mmmmmmmmm......... Best. Dinner. Ever. :thumbsup2

16. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

I think the quote you're looking for is "Mmmmmmmmm, chocolate!"

Sorry, I couldn't help it! I'm in a Frozen state of mind these days. ;)

17. sweetdana

sweetdana DIS Veteran

It used to be over Labor Day weekend. It stopped about 4 ish maybe 5 ish years ago. We always went fd, through and flew home Labor Day, and went. They moved it and I was so mad, I spent my mnsshp money at US. Costume/ticket and resort money all US. I remember the disappointment.

18. Dwheels

Dwheels Mouseketeer

This would be awesome would love to attend!! Can't wait til they release the dates!

19. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

I saw that!! September 5th in 2008, and September 4th in 2009 (both the Fridays of the Labor Day weekend) were the start dates for those years. I wonder why they changed that?? Poor attendance for those early parties?

Never been one in August before that I could see.....yet positive news to note that the Labour Day long weekend was indeed the start in years past. :cool1:

Gosh, I wish they'd just release the official dates. The ticket sales could come later. I just want to "know", you know? :rolleyes1

I think I'm the only one on the Dis that hasn't yet seen that movie!!!!

20. Disneylover99

Wow! I did not realize the Halloween party began on the Friday of labour day weekend in the past. I have renewed hope! :littleangel:

21. juliehoey

juliehoey There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINN

Stop! I can't take it :rotfl2: I do know from the few past years the Friday of Labor Day weekend is DEAD. This is a perfect opportunity for them to take advantage of that evening to begin the parties. I am trying so desperately to stay away reading about how amazing it is to attend between Josh's site and here just in case the 29th is not a party.