MNSSHP starting August 29th?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by maddiebee, Feb 19, 2014.

1. maddiebee

maddiebee DIS Veteran

Josh over at easywdw had previously posted that MK was going to close at 7pm on aug 29th. He posted today saying that it would likely be the start of MNSSHP as well as a party on sept 1st to "capitalize on the Labor Day weekend". Does this seem pretty likely? I don't know that we'd ever be able to go when the party other wise is, so while it would be terribly early, I'd welcome the opportunity!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

That seems to be the most likely reason for the 7pm closures. It is highly unlikely that they would close for a different type of private party on such a busy weekend.

4. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

Fingers crossed! :)

5. Fantaluminishes

Fantaluminishes To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Doubt it. MNSSHP typically doesn't begin until around Sept 10. It's most-likely for something else.

6. rastika

rastika Mouseketeer

Could it be for Night of Joy? or have those dates already been published?

7. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Night of Joy is on Sept. 5 and 6.

8. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

MK is due to close early anytime they have to run overnight rehearsals for parades/shows. They have to close early to get everyone out, get everything cleaned, and then the performers can start to rehearse through the night. The timing seems right that they'd be doing them for the halloween festivities around that week maybe? :confused3

9. maddiebee

maddiebee DIS Veteran

Wow really? I have never heard of that happening and that seems like a terrible reason to close the park! I really hope that's not it!

10. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

I've never heard of it either, and there is zero chance they would do that on a holiday weekend, especially twice.

11. Sparkly

Sparkly Starlight, starbright...

Halloween parties beginning in August? Not likely! Seems a bit early doesn't it?

12. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

Its a definite thing that happens. Friends were doing overnight rehearsals for JTA last week in preparations for bigger crowds over spring break. & SWW.

They close the park early, say 7, so everyone is hopefully cleared out of the park by say 9, and then they'd still have to clean the streets/stages, & then run through Boo To You, the pre-parade "Creepa Crew" & the Villains Mix & Mingle. Each of these would have at least 2 casts, and maybe even some more fill ins for more specific roles (?)

I dont know if they would do all these on one overnight or not,. It would probably take 2 considering the amount of performers. Not to mention running everything multiple times.

They try to close the parks earlier to benefit the performers so they can get the rehearsals done as quicky as possible as most of them are working the previous or next day, sometimes these rehearsals legit go from sundown to sunrise.

13. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

It's never too early for Halloween! :woohoo:

14. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

::yes::
    And I would be ecstatic. I have a great deal over Labor Day weekend and was considering giving it up so we could push back a few weeks to get to MNSSHP. If I can keep my deal AND go to MNSSHP I will be ecstatic! Not holding my breath tho.

15. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

I am anxiously following this rumor as well. We have never been to one of the parties, as our visits have never coincided with the right time period. We will be there from August 17th to 31st and would LOVE to do MNSSHP on our last Friday night of vacation!

A question for those "in the know"....do they release the party dates and the tickets at the same time, or will they release the dates in advance and THEN the tickets go on sale later? Just wondering how soon we might know if this is all just speculation or fact.....or if I have to wait until May when tickets go on sale :faint: .

16. juliehoey

juliehoey There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINN

:cheer2:
    I am completely with you on this! Following what Josh is saying closely too. That Friday is my 40th bday so I was bummed when I saw the closing, now I can't wait!! Friday on Labor Day weekend is dead, dead so I don't find it hard to believe in order to boost attendance that it could be Halloween party. Why not? The MK is completely decorated for Halloween that last week of August anyway! We would never go for Halloween time, maybe Christmas so I feel this is a two for one deal:cool1:

17. maddiebee

maddiebee DIS Veteran

Is it always decorated for Halloween?! When we left on the 22nd of August last year some Halloween merch was out but none of the decorations were up. Just having the decorations up would be exciting! :lovestruc

18. juliehoey

juliehoey There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINN

By the 29th it is fully decorated. I have pictures I sent my mom because the year before that it was only a few decorations. :thumbsup2

19. mcd2745

mcd2745 These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!

We've been to WDW during that week a few times, as it is our normal vacation week (this year, it's a cruise on the Fantasy :banana: ). The beginning of the week, there would be no decorations yet in MK. By the end of the week, there would be a lot of Halloween decorations up already. I supppose it's entirely possible that they could move the decorating schedule up a few days and start MNSSHP a couple of weeks earlier. If it is the case, I'm not sure how I feel about a Halloween party in August. Although, if true, it would give us the opportunity to try out the party, which really wasn't possible before.

20. ThurlFan

ThurlFan Grim Ghost

We'll have to agree to disagree :goodvibes - Halloween belongs in October...I don't even like seeing all that stuff in mid-September.

I think what you meant to say is it's never to early to squeeze in a couple extra money grabs :thumbsup2

21. mickey1968

mickey1968 DIS Veteran

This could happen.

1) Josh is pretty darn reliable.

2) They have just announced earlier this week that Food & Wine will be extended an extra week to November 10 which lets it overlap with the first Christmas Parties. Here.

3) They announced today (?) that Star Wars Weekends will go an extra week (and also there will be no Hyperspace Hoopla show). Here.