MNSSHP starting August 29th?

Forgive me but what is MNSSHP? It is list a number of times on the full Sept calendar and I didn't know what it was? And does it cost more?

MNSSHP is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. And yes, you must buy a separate ticket to the event (tickets are typically around $60 per person).

Thank you. We would probably rather do something else since all four in our party are in their sixties and can go downtown or a nice off park restaurant.

I didn't read through all of the threads so someone may have brought this up already, but we've been going to Disney during Labor Day week for years and the MNNSHP used to start early in Sept because we used to go during that time (maybe 6 or so years ago?). So it is likely that they brought it back. I remember it starting the week before the Night of Joy which was usually somewhere around the 10th of Sept.

I am so excited to to hear the MNSSHP might possibility be starting Labor Day weekend. I return from a DCL cruise on the Fantasy on August 30th and was adding a couple days at WDW after the cruise. Going to the party any other time is not doable for me so I will be so excited to go on Sept 1st if this is true!! Can't wait!!

When do they usually announce the party dates?? Looking forward to it so I can plan the rest of the trip around it and such in October.

When do they usually announce the party dates?? Looking forward to it so I can plan the rest of the trip around it and such in October.

Officially, late April/early May, but October's calendar is due to be released to travel agents any day now. Once it is out, we should know the dates. What are your dates? I should be able to tell you which days will be party days based on history.

Hmm...I'll be in DLR that weekend. Anyone know if the parties usually start the same date in both parks? I'm leaning towards no here since that is the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon weekend.

Hmm...I'll be in DLR that weekend. Anyone know if the parties usually start the same date in both parks? I'm leaning towards no here since that is the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon weekend.

There were only 13 MHPs last year and the first one was on 9/27, so I do not think they will start at DL that early.

Really hope it starts before or on the 10th sept our last night, been once and it was fab

I didn't read through all of the threads so someone may have brought this up already, but we've been going to Disney during Labor Day week for years and the MNNSHP used to start early in Sept because we used to go during that time (maybe 6 or so years ago?). So it is likely that they brought it back. I remember it starting the week before the Night of Joy which was usually somewhere around the 10th of Sept.

I hope you're right! :woohoo:

Okay, Night of Joy tickets and bands have been announced for September. Tickets for MNSSHP will presumably be on sale in a month. We need official date announcements!!!!

Okay, Night of Joy tickets and bands have been announced for September. Tickets for MNSSHP will presumably be on sale in a month. We need official date announcements!!!!

That's what I was just saying to my DH last night!!!

I think I'm driving him a little bananas with all my impatience :hyper: . I am driving MYSELF a little bananas, that's for sure!!! :rotfl:

Hi! If the calendars are correct and MNSSHP begins 8/29, which date would be better to attend? Friday, 8/29 or Monday, 9/1? We will be there from 8/26-9/7 and knew we would miss our favorite party by going earlier than usual, but I was so excited to see they may start the parties during our stay. Just unsure which would be the better party to attend, crowd wise.... I think we've done a Tuesday in September and a Friday in October before.

Thx!

Hi! If the calendars are correct and MNSSHP begins 8/29, which date would be better to attend? Friday, 8/29 or Monday, 9/1? We will be there from 8/26-9/7 and knew we would miss our favorite party by going earlier than usual, but I was so excited to see they may start the parties during our stay. Just unsure which would be the better party to attend, crowd wise.... I think we've done a Tuesday in September and a Friday in October before.

Thx!

The first party almost always sells out. Plus the party on Labor Day should have fewer locals since it is a school night, so I'd probably pick Monday. Plus, the character locations and details of the party don't become known until after the first party.

The first party almost always sells out. Plus the party on Labor Day should have fewer locals since it is a school night, so I'd probably pick Monday. Plus, the character locations and details of the party don't become known until after the first party.

Would the first party still probably sell out, even if it was as early as August 29th?

Perfect, thx! I selected all my ADR's for a Monday party. And knowing where all the character spots will be a plus!

Any idea(s) on whether Frozen Characters at the party this year? We stood in line once for the seven dwarfs for over an hour and really don't want to do that again, but just curious if they might be there? Still hoping to get FP or run like hell at RD to meet Anna & Elsa and hoping since we are going at a low crowd time and for so many days well have several options....

So looking at park hours, it appears that there will be a MNSSHP on Tuesday 9/16. DW and I are planning on joining the party. We're linking our NE tics so we can book FP+'s from 4 - 7 PM early entrance time, and then party on the rest of the evening. We will be sure not to use our NE tic to get into the MK. Now we just need to find a couples costume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter