Michelle & Jeff's Wishes 12/8/12-WP / GF WH / Morocco - PJ with Photos

Okay so I have a mini update and I need to rant some...but that later.

I purchased our unity candles and a memorial candle on Etsy for a shop called Jorgia Weddings and they came the other day! They are so pretty and as soon as I can post a picture I will.

I also had our door hangers printed. I originally had them designed on the dis about a year ago... unfortunately I wanted them professionally printed and when I tried to the quality was really crappy. So... since my mom works at a signs company, she had her art person re-create them and change the things that I didnt like about them and they came out PERFECT and so pretty! We got 10 made for us (we are staying 7 nights and I figured I wanted extras in case some one took them off our door), and I got 20 made for the guests. I added them to the welcome bag folders.

I got all the bare neccessities for the welcome bag. I will post a picture sometime soon! So the only things we need for the welcome bags are snacks.

We payed off our hair and make up services for me, and my mom, and Jeff's mom (remember we arent having a bridal party)... so that felt so good. I also purchsed really pretty thank you cards for everyone we need to tip on the wedding day and I made a list of the amounts so we can have those ready before we leave. I also made some cute mousekeeping envelopes to put their tips in.

I also ordered a custom hanger for my wedding dress on Etsy, but it hasnt came yet.

Our coach gift card holder came and it is so freaking cute!!!

My mom also went around to the different Joanns fabrics in the area to buy our battery operated candles for the heart votives. So that is checked off the list!

I also purchased some foot petals cushions for my shoes... those shoes are going to be killer (and although I bought white wedge flip flops for the wedding too I want to wear the heels as long as I can). Anyways right now there is a coupon for foot petals (it only saved me $5.00 but hey thats $5.00!!). The code is FPVIP2012 in case anyone is interested.

OKAY... now my rant... sorry girls. Why do people insist on bring a guest EVEN if they arent dating someone serious and I DIDNT put guest on their wedding invite?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I dont get it.... I didnt put guest for a reason.:mad:

Im done now... thanks for listening!

I may have missed it, but what is the website for the footpetals? I would like to get some for a pair of killer heels I have. Sooo pretty, but super uncomfy for a period of time.

That's extremely rude of the person and I would probably say something if it were me. I would just say that the invite is only for you and not a guest because you didn't budget for that (or something along those lines). I don't see why you shouldn't and the person should totally be understanding about it.

It still amazes me the lack of awareness some people have when it comes to weddings - really, why not also bring their cousin's brother's best friend's sisters daughter?!?! haha

Waiting for the invites to come back and what people were saying was the worst part of planning so far - get passed this and everything else is all about you and your day. It's going to be here before you know it!

Wow, it's so exciting to read all that's happening and how things are coming together now you're getting so close! :hyper: I can't wait to see a picture of your unity and memorial candles! The door hangers sound awesome and I would never have thought of making extras. Good call :thumbsup2

I also purchsed really pretty thank you cards for everyone we need to tip on the wedding day and I made a list of the amounts so we can have those ready before we leave. I also made some cute mousekeeping envelopes to put their tips in.

I also ordered a custom hanger for my wedding dress on Etsy, but it hasnt came yet.

The thank you cards are an amazing idea, I never thought of including an actual thank you card with my vendor's tips :blush: now I'll make sure I do that with a nice envelope! I'm also so excited to see a picture of your hanger when it arrives! What does it say? I want to order one for myself once I've decided what I want it to say. I've seen "I do", the bride's wedding date, "bride's name <3 groom's name", "mrs ..." and "Disney bride" to name a few. I just can't decide which one I want for mine!!

I'm sorry about people inviting themselves to your wedding, I have no idea what to suggest since it shouldn't be up to you to spell it out for them. I have a similar situation: my college roommate has assumed that she's my Maid of Honor!! I have already asked my bridal party...

Just joining in and enjoying looking back through all the details. I'm in love with your purse and your cake service thingy (<- didn't even know those existed!) especially. Oh and Chanel, she's too cute.

I can't believe people would invite extra guests! I thought is was bad enough having family tell me I should be inviting about a hundred people I hardly ever see - I tend to go high pitched and say "we're paying per head"!

Here is a picture fo our gift card holder
Cardholder.jpg

I also ordered a charm to hold my grandfathers ashes... I know it sounds a little gross to some, but I really wanted to make sure he was there with me on my wedding day. I plan on attaching it to my bouquet and only, me, my parents, and Jeff knows what it is. I got a butterfly design because everytime I see a butterfly I think of him. Here is a picture

charm.jpg

Here is a picture of what our living room looks like with my wedding craft tables set up LOL Ignore the halloween decorations

Crafttable.jpg

Here are front and back pictures of our door hangers for our guests.

Doorhangerback.jpg

Doorhangerfront.jpg

Here is a picture of our memorial candle and the hurricane that it will go into.

memorialcandle.jpg

Hurricane-1.jpg

Here is half of our Mickey ears embroydered with names for our place cards.

Mickeyears1.jpg

This is our door hangers.

Ourdoorhangerback.jpg

Ourdoorhangerfront.jpg

Here is a pciture of our stack of bins for the wedding... taking up room in the walkway from the dining room and kitchen... ahhh Ill be happy to use this stuff!

Stack.jpg

Our unity candle with stands.

Unitycandle1.jpg

Unitycandle2.jpg

Unitycandle3.jpg

Also I had my dad contact the person that was bring univited and guests and explain to them how much it is per person and the fact that our guest list is limited to 30 people and that only includes close friends and family and that we dont want to invite people we dont even know. Thanks Dad!:thumbsup2

I may have missed it, but what is the website for the footpetals? I would like to get some for a pair of killer heels I have. Sooo pretty, but super uncomfy for a period of time.

That's extremely rude of the person and I would probably say something if it were me. I would just say that the invite is only for you and not a guest because you didn't budget for that (or something along those lines). I don't see why you shouldn't and the person should totally be understanding about it.

The website for the foot petals is just their company website.

Haha my dad actually called him to talk about it for me.

It still amazes me the lack of awareness some people have when it comes to weddings - really, why not also bring their cousin's brother's best friend's sisters daughter?!?! haha

Waiting for the invites to come back and what people were saying was the worst part of planning so far - get passed this and everything else is all about you and your day. It's going to be here before you know it!

haha Yea I know...

I know its getting soooo close!

Wow, it's so exciting to read all that's happening and how things are coming together now you're getting so close! :hyper: I can't wait to see a picture of your unity and memorial candles! The door hangers sound awesome and I would never have thought of making extras. Good call :thumbsup2

The thank you cards are an amazing idea, I never thought of including an actual thank you card with my vendor's tips :blush: now I'll make sure I do that with a nice envelope! I'm also so excited to see a picture of your hanger when it arrives! What does it say? I want to order one for myself once I've decided what I want it to say. I've seen "I do", the bride's wedding date, "bride's name <3 groom's name", "mrs ..." and "Disney bride" to name a few. I just can't decide which one I want for mine!!

I'm sorry about people inviting themselves to your wedding, I have no idea what to suggest since it shouldn't be up to you to spell it out for them. I have a similar situation: my college roommate has assumed that she's my Maid of Honor!! I have already asked my bridal party...

I posted some pictures of my unity candles and memorial candle.

My wedding dress hanger actually has a Mickey head outline and Minnie head outline and the line underneath Just says Mrs. Hart. A lot of them limit it to like 11 characters of so with capital letters counting as 2... just just keep an eye out for that. :)

Oh no!!! about your college roommate!!

Just joining in and enjoying looking back through all the details. I'm in love with your purse and your cake service thingy (<- didn't even know those existed!) especially. Oh and Chanel, she's too cute.

I can't believe people would invite extra guests! I thought is was bad enough having family tell me I should be inviting about a hundred people I hardly ever see - I tend to go high pitched and say "we're paying per head"!

Thanks!!!

Yeah I cant believe it... I tend to say, were paying $... per guest!!:lmao:

Go Dad!!

Love the candles and the charm for your Grandpa to be with you.

Yea gotta LOVE my Dad!!!

Thank you about the candles and the charm ;)

Now all I gotta do is figure out who is putting the ashes in the charm.... I know it will probably be me, I usually dont get bothered by things, but I feel like Im going to be disturbing him!

I love the charm to hold your grandfather's ashes. Beautiful sentiment. I'm trying to incorporate my grandparents where ever I can....the date is a HUGE part of that for us.

I love the idea of using the embroidered Mickey ears as the place cards at the reception.....actually, we're doing that as well. DF said it was something he definitely wanted to do (I promise I didn't steal your idea!). It was something that we knew we wanted to do when we first started thinking about wedding details. I would love a picture with everyone in their hats. :thumbsup2

Your card holder is so cute!! I also love both of the candles!

I'd be really annoyed about someone bringing someone if I didn't imply that they could bring a guest. They should never just assume that they can.

I love the charm to hold your grandfather's ashes. Beautiful sentiment. I'm trying to incorporate my grandparents where ever I can....the date is a HUGE part of that for us.

I love the idea of using the embroidered Mickey ears as the place cards at the reception.....actually, we're doing that as well. DF said it was something he definitely wanted to do (I promise I didn't steal your idea!). It was something that we knew we wanted to do when we first started thinking about wedding details. I would love a picture with everyone in their hats. :thumbsup2

Yea Im really wishing he could be there with me that day. What does your date signify? Think Ill have to go check out your planning journal to find out! :)

Yay! Another bride that is using Mickey ears... and I wouldnt care if even if you did borrow the idea. That's so funny, we knew too that we wanted to use them mostly to be able to get a picture of everyone in their ears too!

Your card holder is so cute!! I also love both of the candles!

I'd be really annoyed about someone bringing someone if I didn't imply that they could bring a guest. They should never just assume that they can.

Thank you!!!

Exactly!

Okay so we received our first batch of crystals...They are great quality, but the only problem is 15,000 crystals only ='s 6 cups of crystals!!!! Well we need 7.5 for just the 30 heart votives, then we need about 500 per table. So... we need to order more. i thought my 22,200 crystals were alot!

I posted some pictures of my unity candles and memorial candle.

My wedding dress hanger actually has a Mickey head outline and Minnie head outline and the line underneath Just says Mrs. Hart. A lot of them limit it to like 11 characters of so with capital letters counting as 2... just just keep an eye out for that. :)

Oh no!!! about your college roommate!!

Your candles are so gorgeous!! And your hanger sounds awesome, thanks for the tip on ordering mine, I didn't know that

Okay this weekend I worked on putting our guest bags together. We are still needing a couple of snacks. Thinking some kind of chips, maybe a Mickey Rice Crispie, and something else. We also need to get a few more things for the 4 kids bags that we have. In the bag is our folder with 55 pages of info, park maps, photopass cards, times guide recreated for the wedding, Im celebrating/first visit buttons and door hangers, 2 bottles of water, and the bare neccessitites bag (which I had hopes of adding more to it, but they got expensive quick!) with kleenex packs, a lint roller, advil, chap stick, sunscreen, and a hand sanitizer from bath and body works. I didnt add things that the hotel would have in the rooms, or that people could ask for if they forgot. I wanted to add ponchos, but at $.98 from walmart, I would need like 30 of them and that was another $30 I didnt wanna spend on these. Sorry the pictures arent that great... the sun was shining in that window.

GuestBags1.jpg

GuestBags2.jpg

GuestBags3.jpg

GuestBagInside.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter