Michelle & Jeff's Wishes 12/8/12-WP / GF WH / Morocco - PJ with Photos

2012DisneyWorldBride

<font color=royalblue>I was a Disney Bride on 12.8
Michelle & Jeff's Wishes Wedding PJ 12/8/12 - WP/GF WH/Morocco DP

Hey Gals!!! I have been sneaking around these boards for a little while and thought that I should probably get going on my PJ!!! I have to warn you, I will probably be a little slow on here since I am going to school and on a full time externship for ultrasound but I will do my best to keep it updated.

THE STORY OF US
To make a long story shorter, Jeff and I met about 8 years ago, while we were both dating others. But I couldnt help having a HUGE crush on him. After both of our other relationships didnt work out and some time passed, Jeff and I met again... and this time sparks! We started dating 5 years ago and have not looked back. Jeff currently is a sales manager for Comcast and like I said before Im going to school and graduating in 4 months. Last December, Jeff and I bought a home together...I know we kinda did that backwards, but thats the way it worked out.

Here is a picture of our new house!!!!

8918StoneHarbourLoop-Front.jpg

THE ENGAGEMENT
Since this is a long story, I am copying it from our wedding website lol.
On Friday August 19, 2011, Jeff proposed to Michelle at Disney's Port Orleans by the river with a horse drawn carriage, a glass slipper on a pillow of white carnations, a tiara, and the most beautiful ring ever!

DisneyPIC.jpg

Michelle arrived at Port Orleans after spending the day at three different Disney parks with her dad. <----- (Okay let me warn you on here, I am totally DISNEY CRAZY and so is my dad, so since I have off on Fridays and so does my dad we go to Disney about once a month together and thats how they snuck the engagement on me) He told her that he needed to stop at Port Orleans to "check out a deal" they were offering to Disney Passholders. After the quick drive over to Port Orleans, Michelle and her dad went inside to check it out. They walked through the lobby and Michelle's dad suggested they take a look at what was through the back of the lobby. As Michelle walked out the double back doors right at the river, she was cautiously attempting not to trip over the luggage that the guy in front of her was dropping all over the place. When she started down the steps her dad gave a big hug, she looked up to see a beautiful white carriage, a light brown horse with a braided white mane, and Jeff standing there. Michelle said "What are you doing here? WHAT IS GOING ON?" Michelle also saw over to the side her mom working a video camera and a digital camera. <------- (yes I have the engagement on video if I could figure out how to upload it to here) Jeff intentionally did not plan what he was going to say to Michelle because he wanted it to be spontaneous and from his heart. Jeff dropped to one knee and asked Michelle to become his wife. He told her that he wants to make her happy for the rest of her life and gave her 1 dozen red roses, a tiara, and a glass slipper on a pillow of white carnations. Of course she said YES!!! They rode off on a path that led along the waterside with shade trees covering it. They talked about their life and how excited they were to move forward. (That is after Michelle came down from all the shock!) From there Jeff told her that he was going to take her to a small, casual dinner and that they would head back home afterwards. As they approached the valet at their next destination, Jeff was forced to collect Michelle's bags (yes more than one that she had brought with her for a six or so hour trip with her dad to Disney for the day). As they made it through the entrance of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, the employees greeted them with "Welcome Home" and led them into a massive lobby with artifacts and decor from Africa. Jeff thought he looked ridiculous carrying 2 1/2 bags to a small dinner, he announced "Welcome to your home for the next day honey!" Jeff took Michelle up to their room on the 4th floor which overlooked the Serengeti Plains with Zebras, Giraffes, and Gazelles dotting the landscape. When Jeff opened the door Michelle found hundreds of red rose pedals in the shape of a heart around a Mickey Mouse design and 1 dozen red roses. Jeff had made dinner reservations at Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge, so they changed clothes (since Michelle had been at Disney all day), and headed to dinner. At the table, Jeff had 1 dozen more red roses for Michelle. They had a wonderful dinner, and decided after dinner they would head over to Magic Kingdom for the fireworks and some rides. The next morning, they relaxed at the pool of the hotel, and went to the park Animal Kingdom in the afternoon. They headed home that evening as newly engaged. It was the most magical weekend!!:love:

THE RING
I absolutely LOVE my ring. Its a Scott Kay Tiara Setting.

024.jpg

033.jpg

015-1.jpg

We just sent in our contract with our check for a deposit!!!!

SO FAR WITH THE DISNEY PLANNING...
PHOTOGRAPHER FOR WEDDING - Randy Chapman
We are also doing a MK photo shoot, but since they dont book them in November or December 2012, we get to come back in January or February 2013... Another reason to come back to DISNEY!!!
HAIR & MAKE-UP - Beaute Speciale inside our room at Grand Floridian
CEREMONY - GF Wedding Pavilion -10 am Saturday December 8, 2012
DECORATIONS AT WEDDING PAVILION - aisle runner with cinderella's coach and our names and date and Happily Ever After from Event Bella, white tulle draped on pews, and the $200 amount of red rose petals along aisle. And we plan on doing an altar arrangement with our Cinderella's coach unity candle.
PRE RECEPTION AND RECEPTION - GF White Hall Room (since we will only have close family and friends 20-30 guests)
DESSERT PARTY - Morocco at Epcot for Illuminations
OUR COLORS - silver, white, and splashes of red
FLOWERS - I want to do a huge red rose bouquet with the mickeys in it
CENTERPIECES INSIDE - I am making them, we are doing Manzanita branches painted silver, in silver vases, with crystals, snow flakes, and a few white silk pointsettas covering the branches. We will also put votives on the tables, and sprinkle loose crystals on the tables.
CENTERPIECES OUTSIDE ON THE PATIO FOR PRE-RECEPTION - Cinderella's carriages, votives, and red rose petals sprinkled on tables.
THE DRESS - Maggie Sottero, Mona Lisa Royale
CINDERELLA'S CARRIAGE - FINALLY talked Jeff into it!!!:cool1:
DISNEYMOON - 4 nights at Grand Floridian and 3 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Here is the link to our wedding website. I havent given it out to our guests yet, so its still kind of a work in progress but that way you can see pics!
http://www.weddingwire.com/MichelleandJeffDisney2012

I think that is all right now... I will do my best to keep this thing updated!!! Thanks for reading!! YAY SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a cute proposal! :goodvibes

We're having similar weddings, so I definitely can't wait to see more! Welcome to the Boards! :cool1:

Congrats and welcome!! Looking forward to hearing more of your plans! :goodvibes Such a cute proposal and flowers galore! He did good! :love:

Today we booked our rooms for our wedding/honeymoon! We had every intention of booking one of Grand Floridian's delux rooms in the main building with theme park view...BUT they we came back down to reality...about $900 a night for those rooms...BLAH!

Since we are staying for a total of 6 night (3 nights at GF & 3 nights at AKL) and 7 days, we decided to just book a standard room in an outer building with a theme park view. I hope we can watch the fireworks from out balcony one night and watch the castle change colors....how magical!!!

Then for Animal Kingdom Lodge, we just booked a standard room with Arusha Savannah views, same that we stayed in for our engagement. I loved waking up early to see the animals!!

We also booked the deluxe dining plan for all of our days at Disney. We plan on eating at a lot of the nicer restaurants so thats why we went with the deluxe plan. The first night we are there we plan to go to Narcousee's, the second night is our wedding, the third night we plan on going to Cinderella's Royal Table, the fourth night Jiko (at animal kingdom lodge), and the rest Im not sure of yet.

Well thats the update for today!!:yay:

Congratulations to you both! :)

Your engagement sounds amazing! :) The coach ride sounded so cute! :)

I can't wait to read alone with all your plans, and the Jikos restaurant is one of our favs too! So yummy... Im a veggie u see! :)

Anyway, Happy planning from the UK!

Happy Holidays too!

XXX

Faye

Congratulations!!! They was that he proposed was adorable!! :) I love how he had your family in on it :lovestruc

I'm looking forward to reading more about your plans!!!

Okay just tried to uplaod pictures and it didnt work... I tried using photobucket and the piture wouldnt come up. How do you upload pictures on here?!?!?!?!

Thank you sooo much for helping me figure it out!!!! I will work on getting them up tomorrow. :cool1:

Okay Im going to try uploading pictures again... Here are some from our engagement, and the ring(ignore the ring sizer, he was unsure on my ring size and since then its been correctly sized)

007.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

021.jpg

046.jpg

004.jpg

015-1.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

033.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter