• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 18, 2013 MAGIC EBTA - Who is with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's make it an "official" event! I have never played before but my mom is so into it so we will try it out with her. This Emily still sees herself as a 23 year old, does that count? My 26 year old sister will be there. Any chance you want to take on organizing this?

Awesome!! :thumbsup2

Mandy and Sarah (binkytel) seem to be right on top of things. I would appreciate their help with the new thread :)

Will do it in a few hours :) Hubby's "Monday" at work is today and today is my day off - so can work on it while youngest is napping

The general consensus appeared to be the one with tejas to espana was it not??

I think that is what the majority of those who replied shared.

Original Thread:

Part Two Thread:
May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to Espana

Never heard of bunco, but sounds great fun!

It is!! I never really played until last Spring - definitely fun and a great way to mingle. You swap tables after every round so constantly getting to rotate who you sit with briefly to chit chat

I needed a "fun day" after state testing one year while teaching, but it had to be educational in some way, so we worked on our math skills with Bunco ;)

MandyGirl said:
I have not seen any hesitation voiced regarding setting up Part Two early. In fact, one of the Panama Canal cruises set their's up after 120 pages so they could have all pertinent info kept by organizers on page one. We are going to have to set one up anyway at 250 pages.

I will set one up at about 2:00 Galveston time today (Saturday), and PM all event organizers the new link. Are there any objections?

That allows the weekend for organizers as suggested. If no objections, I will also post on Facebook an advance warning for organizers not regularly on DIS (so they also have a heads-up).

Event organizers at that time will each just repond with a very quick PLACEHOLDER as a reply. That will hold their spot on page one. I believe we can have only 15 posts per page, but it does not matter how long the post is -- just 15 posts. So for now you can write "PLACEHOLDER" and then go back and edit as necessary after you have that slot secured. The important thing is to snag your spot first, and then you can go back later and edit. If you are coordinating multiple events (such as lanyards, precruise meet, group hotel, toddler play group, and embarkation meet and greet) then that can all go into one post to ensure as we can only have 15 posts total.

See example here as I will follow this format. (Even my original post will just have DO NOT WRITE ON HERE YET!! Except for Organizers doing placeholders" in super huge bright red. Just in case someone stumbles across it - which we did have happen before.

When our new Part Two thread is ready, I will then:
- post link to this Part One
- in huge letters ask people to not post here anymore
- ask moderator to close Part One (no more edits could be made)
- ask moderator to add to list of cruise meets

The moderator is already aware we are nearing the 250 pages and the desire of many to include pertinent info on page one.

We will work with Chris to do any website link updates like the posts I shared yesterday. He is playing around in London again this weekend (something he keeps trying to pass off as "work" :rolleyes: ) so do not expect any updates on his end until next weekend. :-)wave2: You know I'm just kidding with you right? We :love: you!!)

Any thoughts or concerns?

Benefits:
- places all updated information on page one of DIS with ability to edit
- ability to link specific posts to website as well for those who use website
- helps rally new cruisers as they join - all current info on one page
- efficiency of finding most info updated on one page, with all organizers already knowing how to edit a post on DIS
- the new thread gives us a fresh start at 250 pages to last us 112 days until embarkation (or we can start Part Three if needed)

Cons:
- ?

That's fine by me! See you at 8pm Texan time! :D

MandyGirl said:
I think that is what the majority of those who replied shared.

Original Thread:

Part Two Thread:
May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to Espana

Yep, I love the new name! :)

Going to look at the DISigners tonight as well!

Maybe our PubCrawl or Private Tastings organizers remember this better -- but did someone mention a "need to get rid of excess alcohol" event towards the end of the cruise? Not the packing night but the night prior -- so after Gibraltar?

I think we did something similar on WBTA - deck 9 after late dinner... tables near kids splash center because it was quieter in that area, near beverage station for mixing drinks, had several tables. Or am I remembering things incorrectly? (Sarah? Paul?)

Yep, I love the new name! :)

Going to look at the DISigners tonight as well!

PJ Breakfast is still on for 8:45 pictures and 9:00 breakfast on first sea day, right?

Rolling a calendar together for page one like such (work in progress!!!):

Calendar of events
Day Date (Port) Event
Friday 17th – (Galveston PreCruise) 7:00 p.m. Tremont Rooftop Bar
Saturday 18th (Galveston, TX) All Aboard Meet-and-Greet 3:00 p.m.
Sunday 19th At Sea (Formal Night) PJ Breakfast (8:45 a.m.), Toddler Meet and Greet (11:00 a.m.)
Monday 20th At Sea
Tuesday 21st (Castaway Cay) ashore 8:30 a.m., aboard 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday 22nd At Sea
Thursday 23rd At Sea
Friday 24th At Sea (Pirate Night)
Saturday 25th At Sea
Sunday 26th At Sea (Semi-Formal Night)
Monday 27th At Sea
Tuesday 28th (Madeira)
Wednesday 29th At Sea (Formal Night)
Thursday 30th (Gibraltar)
Friday 31st At Sea
Saturday 1st Barcelona – ashore 8:00 a.m.

MandyGirl said:
PJ Breakfast is still on for 8:45 pictures and 9:00 breakfast on first sea day, right?

Rolling a calendar together for page one like such (work in progress!!!):

Calendar of events
Day Date (Port) Event
Friday 17th – (Galveston PreCruise) 7:00 p.m. Tremont Rooftop Bar
Saturday 18th (Galveston, TX) All Aboard Meet-and-Greet 3:00 p.m.
Sunday 19th At Sea (Formal Night) PJ Breakfast (8:45 a.m.), Toddler Meet and Greet (11:00 a.m.)
Monday 20th At Sea
Tuesday 21st (Castaway Cay) ashore 8:30 a.m., aboard 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday 22nd At Sea
Thursday 23rd At Sea
Friday 24th At Sea (Pirate Night)
Saturday 25th At Sea
Sunday 26th At Sea (Semi-Formal Night)
Monday 27th At Sea
Tuesday 28th (Madeira)
Wednesday 29th At Sea (Formal Night)
Thursday 30th (Gibraltar)
Friday 31st At Sea
Saturday 1st Barcelona – ashore 8:00 a.m.

Yep that's the correct date and time :)

Sure, but I must remind you I am a Bunco virgin. I have the game but have never played! :confused3

Oops I had already listed Mandy as she had suggested it and knew the game but I will go change it if your up for the challenge, sure she got enough going on

PM should go to the following - did I leave anyone out?

General info will be included on first post - link to rollcall, Facebook and Website links, overall itinerary, overall calendar with DIS activities (like we had on WBTA), list of special dining nights from DCL (formal, semi-formal, pirate), etc. Same general info from WBTA first post

PM should be going to the following in about an hour of new link:

All Aboard Meet and Greet mandygirl

Book exchange kaseyc

Bunco group gonecrusin

Champagne girls valbob89

Candy swap tubbsteruk

FE exchange binkytell

Lanyards mandygirl

Linked dining binkytell

Palo group brunch/dinner kaseyc

Personal navigator mandygirl

Pin trading tink 1987

PJ breakfast tink1987

Postcard exchange lysand

Private tastings disneymousehouse

Pub crawl badbrad25

Running club wvuRunner

Stateroom tours lysand

Scavenger hunt gonecrusin

Scrap booking no organiser

Secret mickey yvet

Shirts valbob

Toddler Meet n Greet mandygirl

Whiteboard padalyn

Until we meet again lunch no organizer yet

Website goofynewfie

Maybe our PubCrawl or Private Tastings organizers remember this better -- but did someone mention a "need to get rid of excess alcohol" event towards the end of the cruise? Not the packing night but the night prior -- so after Gibraltar?

I think we did something similar on WBTA - deck 9 after late dinner... tables near kids splash center because it was quieter in that area, near beverage station for mixing drinks, had several tables. Or am I remembering things incorrectly? (Sarah? Paul?)

K wait, why would anyone want to get rid of alcohol? Is there EVER an excess??? hee hee :drinking1

I've never played bunco, but sounds fun. I'd be interested in learning :).

It's fun and easy. Heck, I tutor high school math and still keep track on my fingers because the beverages sometimes impair me somewhat! So everyone makes fun of me but I at least get accurate scores! :rotfl2:

K wait, why would anyone want to get rid of alcohol? Is there EVER an excess??? hee hee :drinking1

Something about airport security and having open containers.... or luggage space that won't fit it in checked bags any longer :rotfl2: Those who are staying in Barcelona post-cruise should have no problem- just those catching a flight the day of disembarkation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter