May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor got some clothes tonight from a classmate. The pants were a size 10 and way to big, but she wanted to keep them. She loves handmedowns!

What size does she wear? I am purging Jacinda's closets this weekend. Her closet is one of the last parts of our place to be painted so we are cleaning as we are clearing it out. I have so many toys they no longer play with I am thinking in a few weekends I might do a garage sale! We had that much "extra" stuff in the house.

Guess we aren't going out to breakfast, that is what happens when one sister gets up at the crack o dawn and the other sleeps in. Wonder when she'll be ready for lunch???

HEY EVERYBODY!!!!

I bet you are getting all excited in your planning, Jackie keeps me up to date so I know and still feel a part of the plans. I am so happy for all of you.

Just popped in to say "hey"!:lovestruc

Peggy Jo! So nice to hear from you! :goodvibes

Nan
theres a pump it up in concord. I don't know about one in fairfield or vacaville, but you can google it I'm sure. Also, there's a place in pleasanton called Super Franks. My daughter just went there for a bday party, they have indoor golf and dodge ball. It's on the way back home for you..fyi.
S

I do not know of any of the portable bounce house companies in our area as I never used one but we do have a pump it up in vacaville.

There is a steak house here in town that just opened not too long ago. It is called the 10 Dollar Grill. We went last night for the first time and were VERY pleasantly surprised. They had a 8 oz ribeye served with potato, veggies and a dark bread that was excellent!! The veggies which were fresh green and yellow beans and carrots were cooked perfectly and seasoned with just a touch of garlic. The potatos were mashed baby reds and excellent. The ribeye was cooked perfectly, and it is hard to get a thin steak just right. The 8 oz size was perfect. With a glass of Rex Hill Pinot Noir it was a perfect size meal. We were satisfied but not stuffed. The wine cost as much as the meal! :) We decided we definately will go back! I was really surprised to see ribeye on the menu. I thought for 10 bucks it would be sirloin at best! They had several choices but when I saw my ribeye I stopped reading the menu! :goodvibes

mmmm, maybe we'll go to the Original Roadhouse Grill instead. Steak does sound tasty.

You know, I really do know all of this. That is why it really has been so easy to help my mom and Don's dad when no one else seems to want to......even my DH.

It really is my pleasure to give back to them what they have given so generously over the years when my DH and I were children.

But, it is too bad that my mom has always been like this....(at least after my sister died in 1969 and the 10 years that followed when she was drunk all the time). She just says the meaniest things to my kids and to me. It is so hurtful. She is selfish and unwilling to share.

This morning for example, my newphew (who has lived with us on and off for the last 5 years and who is luckily living in France this year teaching English as I have no room for him) is on Spring Break and visiting the love of his life here in DC. I love Drew with all my heart.....I just love him!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

Anyway, he and Kat (his girlfriend) needed a ride to the airport (Dulles 6 miles away) early this morning. The arrived at 6am and it took me all of 30 minutes to take them come home and stop at Starbucks for some coffee for my mom and Don's dad (and me of course ;) )

For that I got a lecture about how terrible I am to the kids. :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: and now I am getting the silent treatment.

And yesterday I got yelled at for taking care of Frank. Tuesday his older brother is having the same surgery Frank had...he is 10 years older and they have told him he is a High Risk. They is a 50/50 chance he will not make it though the surgery.

I am taking Frank today to visit him..(3 hours away) just for a few hours. If he were to die on Tuesday...I really want Frank to see him as it has been many months with Frank being so sick.

Yesterday, I kept my entire day open yesterday to do stuff for my mom. I wanted to take her to have her hair done......NO WAY she told me.....I am not going anywhere with you.

My brothers have both tried to get her to visit with them....NO WAY (and she is just so mean about it)

Okay here is the funny part....haven't told her about this trip yet. Last year when we were going on the MED she B*TCHED and SCREAMED for months....so I am just waiting to tell her about this one.....My DH says just go....she won't yell at him.......

I need to figure this out soon though......

SORRY--my reply was so inappropriate. I did not mean to imply that you did not know. There are many times when I know something but need someone to remind me. Forgive me?

I had no idea she was like that and that she had been like that for so long. Everyone else answered you better with the hugs. So, here are some from me.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My Mom was always a sweetheard but she would vent her frustration at her early Alzheimers--when she was slipping and knew it--on me when I was there or when I phoned her. When she stayed with my sister she would not get dressed or would forget to take her shower or just wander around doing nothing and being moopy.

When my brother-in-law walked in and suggested everyone go out for a Mexican dinner she would be dressed and ready to go before anyone. When my brother asks her to do something she does.

She behaves so differently for the men but then again, she has lived to please them men in her life so this is no change. As a little girl she wanted to please her Dad. After he abandoned them it was 'be nice" to please step father. Then to please her husband. Now my brother. Fortunately all these men were good to that little girl, no abuse in her past besides the abandonment of the first dad.

You will know the way to go with it, but perhaps DH is right. Just go and say nothing. He will deal with it and if she is still mad when you get back, you get it then instead of before you go.

Jan :earsgirl:

I have to comment on this. She did not have to put it on her hostess lanyard if it was a gift. Disney give the Cast Members pin to trade with the guest, they do not use their own. I think it was very bad that she traded that special pin. Most castmembers will not do that. They like pins too if you give them random pins they may trade each other for one they like though.

That is what I thought and what I expected her to do.

We don't have one ----YET. We arejust shopping for a tow vehicle for the motorhome and really like this one. They were supposed to be for sale in the US in Jan, but none here in the NW yet. We could order one online by putting $99 down. We are considering this since it guarantees the price when they do arrive. We think this may be one of those "toys" that folks find fun and so supply and demand may send the price up.

I was wondering how you got one already, we are interested in this for getting around town without taking the big car.

A friend of mine buys new underwear before a trip, leaves it home, packs her old underwear, wears it and throws it away. She says that gives her a little more souvenir space.

However, Holly said she tried that once and the CM took it out of the garbage, folded it nicely and left it on the bed (I think she was the one it happened to.) So if you take the old underwear and try to throw it away when it is worn, bury it in the trash.

I never thought of that as I always buy new underwear for holiday so maybe I should do that and throw all away when flight back to Scotland mmm left me extra space for gifts. mmm ;)

Scottishwee35

How many video clips are there? I know only of one. Can we make a collection to post somewhere--like SHIP OF THIEVES website or page one of each Thread?

I will find the links and post them. There is a full set of going through and sailing off. I watched them with my kids only about a million times! :lmao: My son just kept saying again again again.....

Hi

I checked and still GTY, why is that.

As we had paid full amount and why we wait for GTY?

Do anybody know why?

Scottishwee35

Jan, this is all so true but if you have heard it all your life and/or are in the middle of it now it can wear on you sometimes. I think most of us in this situation know the truth in what you say but sometimes it would be nice to just hear a thank you. Even if it is only once.

You are so right and I was so out of line. Again, Sorry. Forgive me all?

Jan

SORRY--my reply was so inappropriate. I did not mean to imply that you did not know. There are many times when I know something but need someone to remind me. Forgive me?

I had no idea she was like that and that she had been like that for so long. Everyone else answered you better with the hugs. So, here are some from me.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jan, while your comments may not have been the right ones for Lisa's situation, they were a good reminder for some of us. :thumbsup2

What size does she wear? I am purging Jacinda's closets this weekend. Her closet is one of the last parts of our place to be painted so we are cleaning as we are clearing it out. I have so many toys they no longer play with I am thinking in a few weekends I might do a garage sale! We had that much "extra" stuff in the house.

Taylor is a size 8 bottom and med. top. She needs the pants with pull tabs, otherwise they wont fit. So bring anything you like, I'll have her go thru them and take what she likes. OR, I'll take them all and donate the ones that don't work. There's a goodwill station down the street from my houes. I just purged tays closet 3 weeks ago. As we were returning something yesterday, she went over to the kids section and said, I need clothes now that my closet is empty...hahahaha. Now it has the clothes that she wears and fit her! Crazy kid.

Gotta go clean the tub...ugh!

I was once like you. I got a suburban instead and just hated it, it was like driving a school bus and we sold it after 6 months. I got van and was a reluctant minivan driver until this year. Now I openly admit I love it, it has done incredibly well in the snow and mountains every weekend and comfortably fits 6 kids for carpool. In bad weather I prefer to to drive it over DHs X5. Sometimes the dark side is the light side...

I agree! I got rid of a Ford SUV and got an Dodge Grand Caravan All Wheel Drive. It was like night and day in a good way. I can haul tons of kids and stuff around. It has all wheel drive so it sticks to the road like glue and it really just seems to get the job done. I like being able to haul furniture and everything under the sun in it! It has the dual sliders so as the kids are older and get themselves in and out of the car no worries about them dinging the cars you park next to either.

This made me so happy to read...I hope Casey does GREAT with the Meds...(maybe you can share the Valium with Holly for her Sub ride.....just kidding Dr. Hug!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )

She wasn't great last night. We might try a whole valium tonight.

Sorry Holly Casey needs her meds :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter