Live from WDW, Nicki & Todd do the F&W and 10 days worth of food!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reviews' started by MickeyNicki, Oct 12, 2008.

1. ChelleinNC

ChelleinNC Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Pitiful that they haven't fixed or replaced the cap machine :headache:
    I'll be glad to eat the zebra domes for you ;)
    Is it just me, or are the signs for the sugar cookies & chock chip cookies backwards? :laughing:

Wow!!!!!! :yay: Chocolate & Rasberry, how do I love thee :love: Light is good, but I wouldn't have been insulted if it was really rich and decadent :laughing:

Those are soooo cute! I'd almost consider adding sugar to my coffee for those :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mcrabeck

mcrabeck DIS Veteran

Love those pretzel rods-Yum! Just wondering is there a long wait to have them made? As great as they look- I am thinking there is probably a pretty good line?? thanks

4. jess20k

jess20k DIS Veteran

I love your Fulton's review! You actually have me convinced that we have to give it another try. We used to love it there, but the last two times we went, which was about 4 years ago on the last visit...we had poor experiences. The food and service was not like it used to be. But now, I am going to give it another try, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

5. disneybass

disneybass There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at

Actually, Chris suprised your DH with stone crab claws. They loook great!:thumbsup2

6. Roxychica7

Roxychica7 DIS Veteran

Count me in, I'm totally subing. I'm full just looking at all the snacks you managed to eat!

7. jerseygirl81

jerseygirl81 DIS Veteran

You're killing me with all this food, it all looks so yummy! I'm glad I got to try the school bread in August it was delicious, the new one sounds pretty sweet. I'm glad you had such a nice birthday and the trip sounds wonderful! Looking forward to more temptations! Linda :)

8. Iggipolka

Iggipolka <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Wow! While that looks really good, I can't believe that there's only 1 tbl of crab meat to 1.5lbs of cream cheese! Could you taste the crab at all?

If I made this at home, I'd add more crab. :)

btw: loving the review and the pics!

9. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

You were so dead on when you said this place was wonderful! Thank you so much for recommending it!

All this food is making me too full! Luckily we are walking alot so hopefully I will not gain when we go home!

Wondering where you were at! Have no fears the pink thing is on my list for this trip!

Thanks for reading, sorry that you had to cancel your trip but this will give you more time to plan another one!

That mai tai was one of the best I have ever had!

We are still changing our plans around, it is driving me nuts! We plan on staying late at Epcot that night too, we should hit the Joy of Tea for a drink! Have a safe trip!

Tonys review is coming up. The lounge is saving us so much time and money, what a fabulous thing!

Hope you love it as much as we did! The menu online is totally different then the one they had last night. Our server said they change it daily but you can request anything and usually they can whip it up for you.

Waited about 10-15 minutes but the place was very busy.

Hope you try it again, you will love it!

No way! That would expain why there were $54 instead of $52. Either way DH loved them!

I am full from eating all these snacks!

Thanks for reading! We should be eating a new schoolbread tomorrow.

The dip had more of an onion flavor with a slight hint of crab, I would have loved alot more crabbiness in it :thumbsup2

10. jeminni

jeminni It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Wow, it looks like you had a great dinner at Fulton's. I'm so loving the pic of the crab claws.:) Thanks for posting the recipe for the crab dip. I am going to try that one with some extra crab in it of course. :thumbsup2

11. MickeyNicki

This morning was a breakfast in the lounge day. On our last long trip we did alot of TS breakfasts and were so full that we did not snack or eat CS lunches at all so on this trip I decided to ease up on TS breakfasts and with the CL lounge available to us we did not starve!

The lounge was super quiet this morning, we were the only ones up there which is nice. The staff is calling us by name, super friendly people. The cap machine was still broken and that really ticked me off. I was really looking forward to a cappuccino every morning cuz I cannot stand that fake coffee and so far I only had it one day. So again I had plain Evian water. The juice is just way too sweet for me, DH loved it tho and he drank the regular coffee.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So basically this was the same exact breakfast we had yesterday. It was just enough because we were planning on a nice lunch at Tony's so I did not want to get too full.

12. MickeyNicki

We were on our way to MK, this was the longest bus wait we have had so far, about 20 minutes.

MK was awesome today! The longest wait was 10 minutes and that was for Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. Everything else was walk on, no waiting. The weather was gorgeous, the sun was out and there was zero crowds! As soon as we entered the park the smell of popcorn hit us, so we just had to have some. The little popcorn is just a buck less then the bucket so we had to get the bucket!

[​IMG]

I dont know when they started selling SmartWater but I am so happy that I have a choice over that garbage Disani crap...that stuff is horrid! For a dollar more I can be happy. In Epcot they have Evian and that is a treat for me too!

We pushed our lunch at Tonys back to 1:30 and we were seated right away on the outside so we had a great view of Main Street and the weather was perfect! Right next to us was Pinocchio posing with guests....I wanted to take a picture but didnt because he was always with other people!

Our waiter was as friendly as Lurch and as tall as him too! He got the drinks wrong not once but twice, brought DH diet coke instead of regular and then when he asked for a refill it was diet again PLUS he put the ice tea in front of DH and the coke in front of me.....and we had to ask for refills which is something that irks DH.

Here is the menu for lunch at Tonys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DH decided on the tomato basil mozzarella salad. This was outstanding. The onions, basil, tomatoes and cheese covered in a balsamic dressing....wow it was so good and lucky me he shared! The bread stick that came with it was gross, dry and tasteless....one bite was one bite too many!

[​IMG]

DH ordered the veggie calzone. DH asked Lurch what was in it and he did not know so we had to wait on him to check it out. Turns out there were mushrooms, peppers, onions and eggplant and mozzarella cheese. DH LOVED this. It was pretty darn tasty and I wish I ordered this too. It was amazing, the dough, the filling, all of it was so delicious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ordered the meatball sub. It was ok. The sauce was too sweet for me, the meatballs were good but who the heck puts carmelized onions on a meatball sub? The bread was terrible, just to darn dry. The side salad that came with it was awesome! Lots of yummy greens, grape tomatoes, feta cheese and an italian dressing. I wish I ordered the BLT panini but oh well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We decided to share a dessert, the lemon curd walnut white cake. BLECH. This was so darn dry it was hard to choke down. BUT they did bring me a birthday treat which was so good. It was vanilla gelato with chocolate sauce, walnuts and dark chocolate pieces. We both loved it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We really enjoyed our lazy lunch at Tony's and will go back in a heartbeat. We are going to try dinner in January when we bring our nieces.

13. MickeyNicki

Our plan was to go to Kona tonight, after all DH made me re-arrange all my plans and drop Cali Grill for it. We headed back to the AKL around 4, MK was starting to get packed for the MNSSHP tonight so it was a good time to skedaddle.

We made a pit stop at the pool bar and I had a yummy Passionfruit Mojito. DH had a Tusker beer....ok so we had 2 of each but whose counting when you are sitting at a pool bar chillin out??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whoops I forgot to take a pic of the beer from the pool bar but I have one from the lounge.

We chilled for a bit and at then lost track of time and decided to cancel Kona. I said are you sure? He said yeah thats ok. I said, you made me move all my stuff around for Kona do you realize that? He said yeah, let me get you another drink. :laughing:

I must have had that I'm gonna get you sucka look in my eye so he bribed me with booze. Smart boy.

So we mosied inside to the indoor lounge and I had one of those yummy drinks I had a Boma but minus the cracked glass!

This drink is amazing and everyone was asking my what was making my drink turn colors!

We took my drink up to the CL lounge and DH had another Tusker beer. I also grabbed a glass or Rose and an ice tea. Dont ask me why I needed so much fluids but dang they were good!

[​IMG]

The lounge was setting up for the 5-7 dinner/beer/wine crowd and there were 2 other couples and a few families there. I was able to snag some great pictures for you while they were setting up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The butternut squash soup was to die for. So rich and creamy and wonderful. DH and I each had a bowl

[​IMG]

The chicken was super tender and had a nice spice to it. The bean pastries were my favorite!

[​IMG]

DH loved all the cheese and olives. My fav were the dips and crackers and such.....so good!

[​IMG]

We did not intend on making the lounge our dinner meal tonight, we were going to go to Mara but there was enough food to fill us up and make us happy kids. We were going to go back to the lounge for coffee but guess what? The cap machine is still broken!

Tomorrow we are going to Boma for breakfast and then off to the BWI for the second half of our trip. Then F&W for lunch and 50's PT for dinner.....at least that is what is on my schedule but who knows what DH is going to do to it!

14. TinkerBelle_325

TinkerBelle_325 Magical Musing Meg

Great pictures so far! :)

We ended up making a meal out of the CL offerings at WL in Aug when we were rained in by Tropical Storm Fay. Only 2 more days until I'm "home"!! :banana: :banana:

15. mickeymotto

mickeymotto Where in the "World" am I?

Your TR is making me sooooo hungry!!!!:goodvibes We are going to Tony's for lunch next trip too. The calzone looks delish...any other recommendations? Thought maybe you saw some other yummy dishes while you were there. I don; think anyone will want the meatball sub.

16. ktmetke

ktmetke The Disney Family Grows One Smile At A Time!

Our service at Tony's was awful too, but you make me want to try again with the food reviews!!

17. ChelleinNC

ChelleinNC Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

The tomato/mozzerella/basil salad looked yummy! But how did they screw up breadsticks :confused3

CL lounge looked yummy and so did the drinks ;) I do love pool time with pool bar drinks :goodvibes

18. AngVT

AngVT My heart is at Disney, my body is in VT.

MMM! The food at the lounge looks YUMMY!

Just stopping by on my way to head out to the AIRPORT!!!! Bring on the food! :thumbsup2

DS and I will see you at CMC in a couple nights! YAY! I can't wait to read more of your reviews...when we get home! LOL!

See you soon!

19. luvpooh

luvpooh oh bother!

Great reviews!
    I was LMAO when I looked at the Tony's menu. My sister and I went there years ago for lunch. She didn't like anything on the menu, so asked if they could make a chicken Caesar salad for her (they had reg. Caesar salad on the menu at the time, but not w/chicken). They said no problem. The Caesar salad alone was about 10 bucks. When we got the bill, they charged $20.99 for the chicken Caesar salad! I said, that's what you get for ordering off menu!
    Glad to see they have started to offer it as a chix Caesar salad now, as a more affordable option!

Have fun at F&W today!

20. goofygal531

goofygal531 Always planning...

Glad to hear you enjoyed Tony's Town Square. DH is very picky with his Italian food (he's Italian, grew up in Italy where his family has owned restaurants) so we've avoided Tony's due to the horrible reviews. But lunch looks pretty good. I'd like that veggie calzone! :thumbsup2 (based on your review, I've convinced him to try Tutto Italia, I'm hoping he likes it! I'm dying to try that baked pasta dish you had there!)

Let us know if you get a chance to have coffee at one of the recommended "good" coffee places. From the article, it says these places actually BREW the coffee, it's not from a Nescafe machine.

Where To Get BREWED Coffee in WDW:

Magic Kingdom
    Sleepy Hollow Refreshments, Liberty Square (espresso only!!)

Epcot
    Kiosk in front of Universe of Energy, Future World East
    Kiosk near Mexico on the Future World side, World Showcase Plaza
    Kringla Bakery, Norway Pavilion World Showcase
    Kiosk near American Adventure, Italy Side World Showcase
    Tangierine Cafe Desert Counter, Morocco Pavilion World Showcase
    Boulangerie Patisserie, France Pavilion World Showcase
    Kiosk between UK and Canada, World Showcase

Disney Hollywood Studios
    Kiosk to the immediate right of Main Entrance, inside park
    Writer's Stop, Commissary Lane

Animal Kingdom
    Kiosk to the right of Main Entrance, back towards tram stop & outside park turnstiles
    Royal Andapur Tea Company, Asia
    Far Right Side of Yak & Yeti, Asia

21. MinnieNurse

MinnieNurse DIS Veteran

Just curious from you post, is this a place it is appropriate to take children? We would love to try this and are thinking of booking our next vacation at AK.

oh, and just want to say I am so glad I found this report. I read one of your reports in the past and loved it.

Happy Late Birthday!! Sound like you had a great day.