Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are these type of skirts called? Are they the twirl skirt? I have seen them all over the boards and would love to make one, just don't know where to look for instructions :)
]

Yep, that's a twirl skirt. There are lots of directions for them in the bookmarks. Patchwork ones too.

Good Afternoon ladies and gentleman;) !

Here is my latest creation!
Front:
th_MinniSailor002.jpg

We aren't going on a cruise, but if we were this would work. Anyway she will have fun wearing it in the park!

Not perfect, but I have been busy with work, and three weeks from today we will be at my "happy place"!
I love the little flower on the hat!! It looks great!
Thanks for your help this morning everyone! Here is the Princess set with a sash I made.
th_DSC_0268.jpg

I love it with the sash, that was just the right touch!

Hey Aimee,
Where do you show your ornaments? I live in Maryland...think you do too...and I would love to scope out some of your work!
Thanks,
Kay

I am doing the MD Home and Garden Show, the Virginia Folk Art Fair, York Folk Art Fair. I have cut back on shows due to some health issues with my DD. There is a really cool website full of vintage christmas cottages. It is called Papa Ted's Place. Really neat history on vintage putz houses.

You can always search The Aimee Gomberg Collection.:rolleyes1

Thanks so much for asking!! Look for the glitter and you will find me!!!

I vote for this one too!

:love: Them both!!! I'm really gonna have to bite the bullet and cut into my Minnie dot. I only have about 20yds for crying out loud!!!

You and me both. I was so nervous when I cut it!!! I am glad I did but . . . I went and bought replacement!!:rotfl:

This is what I've been working on. It's for my neice's birthday. And yep, DD wants one too! I'm making a peasant top to go with it too, it is awaiting a ruffle!

Close up of the fabrics

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

The jeans are from voldemort, I have another pair coming for DD. - I'm going to add some bling to the sparkles on the pantleg
IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

When I started this outfit I wasn't too crazy abut the Tink fabric, and I wasn't sure how the two fabrics would look together. Now that it's done, I love it! I hope DN does too!

Tom - I love the minnie sailor set! What pattern(S) did you use?

I'm going to take pictures of the minnie clippies. I'll post pictures in a few minutes.

This is incredible. How do you attach the paper to the chipboard? Is it some special glue that I am missing? Thanks for your help.

I use scrapbook adhesive, it is sold at all craft stores and sometimes the dollar store! It is like a tape runner, it's double sided.

IMG_1261.jpg

A few people asked, so here's some close ups of the clippies. I don't know how much help it will be, but here goes!
It looks like they are 2 circles sewn together and stuffed. They are pretty firm. I can't tell if they are sewn on or glued on. Glue would be easier but I think you could do either. They are kinda heavy, DD has to have her hair pulled up in ponytails before we can put them in.

IMG_1869-1.jpg

The bow is on a swing back pin.
IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

I love it! Are those Disney papers that you used? I saw some by Imaginesce (or maybe Reminice) in the black/red/yellow combo that would be perfect, but I've yet to find them anywhere in stock. DD and I were talking about her autograph book the other day and she wants a CD album on a ring. Do you think that will be big enough for the characters to sign easily?

The papers came from the line you are talking about. They aren't official Disney papers, but certinally look great! I bought mine at Archivers about a year ago!
I think you would have room for the characters to sign. This album is 4x6, but there is less than 5 inches to sign on some pages. Of course it is easier for the Princesses to sign, but I find they take up the most room! The only character I ever worry about is Pluto because he has to hold my big heavy books on his nose! But he seems to manage! I would love to see your book when you are done with it! It might give me some new ideas for next trip!

I have to say I am a little bummed with the pictures. It is better in person. I still need to make the cape and the petticoat. The dress is full but I want it to be really really full. I love the rose bows. I put them on pin backs so I can take them off. I also bought a matching big rose.

Any ideas on how to pack this velvet monster!:rotfl:

I am so glad I finished and now I get to sew cotton!!!!

BelleChristmasDress006.jpg

Aimee, this is absolutely stunning. Simply amazing. I hope you are very proud of yourself :woohoo:

Front:
MinniSailor002.jpg

Back:
MinniSailor005.jpg

Close up of my applique work:
MinniSailor003.jpg

We aren't going on a cruise, but if we were this would work. Anyway she will have fun wearing it in the park!

Not perfect, but I have been busy with work, and three weeks from today we will be at my "happy place"!

Just poppin' in while on vacation to say HEY to everyone!!! and to tell Tom I absolutely adore this outfit! I'm makin a picture of it and when I have a grandchild to make it for.... well I'm there!! Beautiful job!!

We're in Richmond VA. touring old battlefields and then going to a NASCAR race on Saturday night. Never been to one before, but my sister and her family were going and invited us so we decided to join them. We even stayed at an old Plantation that has been turned into a B&B. It's nice..... but NOTHING beats WDW (and I'll be there in 17 days!!)

Anyway.... I had 2 or 3 minutes to check the DIS and I came straight here and started from the most recent postings and saw this. Couldn't help but comment on it! I still have 40 pages to back up and read on , and I don't really think I'll get it done while I'm on this trip, but when I get back, I'll stop in again and comment on everyone else's new creations!

Keep up the good works all!

This is what I've been working on. It's for my neice's birthday. And yep, DD wants one too! I'm making a peasant top to go with it too, it is awaiting a ruffle!

Close up of the fabrics

IMG_1853.jpg

The jeans are from voldemort, I have another pair coming for DD. - I'm going to add some bling to the sparkles on the pantleg
IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

When I started this outfit I wasn't too crazy abut the Tink fabric, and I wasn't sure how the two fabrics would look together. Now that it's done, I love it! I hope DN does too!

I love this! The colors are awesome. I want a top just like it! Great work!

Close up of the fabrics

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

When I started this outfit I wasn't too crazy abut the Tink fabric, and I wasn't sure how the two fabrics would look together. Now that it's done, I love it! I hope DN does too![/QUOTE/]

I agree. I have picked up that Tink and put it back so many times! I love the choice in colors. You did a wonderful job. Are you near your DN or do you have to send it away? It would be cute to take a pic of the girls together.

Purple!!! Love it!

If you have 2 dd's maybe add some green to the skirt of the green shirt outfit?
Nope - just one DD here - but I am thinking of making a HSM top to go with it too.

I finished up a few things and wanted to post pics. The first is a total CASE from several different sources here. I'm very, very proud of this! I APPLIQUED the letters AND the Mickey head. I need to add a real ribbon bow to the Mickey head to make it Minnie!

th_IMG_2811.jpg

And a twirly skirt

th_IMG_2812.jpg
ADORABLE! I LOVE the twirl skirt!

lori123 ~ Ok, first of all I :love: the Tink & Princess outfits! I like the white shirt as is or with a sash like someone else suggested.

As for the HM shirt dilemma, I like the purple shirt you have and I think they iron-ons & bling will make it look great!
Thanks! :) You all will just hate me - but I decided to dye a shirt - LOL! I just wasn't happy with the light color - and blah style shirt. This way I can pick a prettier T to start with.

I have a sewing related question, sorry nothing Disney related though.

I need to hem all of DD's pants. She has the shortest legs known to man. :) She wears a size 3T for the waist but really fits in size 24 months for length. So I need to hem at least 2 to 3 inches off most of her pants. Any hints about sewing denim? Should I change the needle size (currently there is a size 90 in the machine) since I have ever only sewed cotton (and blended) fabric?

Thank you.
I'm not sure about all the details - but I know they have needles and thread specifically for the heavy weight of denim. That said - I have been using my regular needle and thread on denim.

Front:
th_MinniSailor002.jpg

Back:
th_MinniSailor005.jpg

th_MinniSailor003.jpg

Beautiful as usual! Get planning that cruise!

I like it! I think it finished it off just right!
Thanks - DD just LOVES it - she is wearing it now - LOL.

OOOH! I have that princess fabric! Mind if I copy? I love the ric-rac touches! Very cute!
Copy away - I would feel honored!;)
That is perfect! I have never seen anyone do a "patchwork" sash, and this compliments the patchwork twirl so nice. I bet people will be CASE -ing you now!!
Thanks! I would be tickled if anyone found my creations worthy of CASE-ing.

]
I love it with the sash, that was just the right touch!
I'm so happy with it - thank you!

th_IMG_1853.jpg

th_IMG_1856.jpg

I can't see how DN won't fall in love with it! You did a great job!

Here's some close ups of the clippies. i don't know how much help it will be, but here goes!
It looks like they are 2 circles sewn together and stuffed. They are pretty firm. I can't tell if they are sewn on or glued on. Glue would be easier but I think you could do either. They are kinda heavy, DD has to have her hair pulled up in ponytails before we can put them in.

th_IMG_1869-1.jpg

The bow is on a swing back pin.
th_IMG_1871.jpg

th_IMG_1873.jpg
These are so cute - and they look really easy to make.
Just poppin' in while on vacation to say HEY to everyone!!! and to tell Tom I absolutely adore this outfit! I'm makin a picture of it and when I have a grandchild to make it for.... well I'm there!! Beautiful job!!

We're in Richmond VA. touring old battlefields and then going to a NASCAR race on Saturday night. Never been to one before, but my sister and her family were going and invited us so we decided to join them. We even stayed at an old Plantation that has been turned into a B&B. It's nice..... but NOTHING beats WDW (and I'll be there in 17 days!!)

Anyway.... I had 2 or 3 minutes to check the DIS and I came straight here and started from the most recent postings and saw this. Couldn't help but comment on it! I still have 40 pages to back up and read on , and I don't really think I'll get it done while I'm on this trip, but when I get back, I'll stop in again and comment on everyone else's new creations!

Glad you are having a great vacation! See ya when you get back!

I finished up a few things and wanted to post pics. The first is a total CASE from several different sources here. I'm very, very proud of this! I APPLIQUED the letters AND the Mickey head. I need to add a real ribbon bow to the Mickey head to make it Minnie!

IMG_2811.jpg

And a twirly skirt

IMG_2812.jpg

These are so cute. I really like the skirt.

Front:
MinniSailor002.jpg

Back:
MinniSailor005.jpg

MinniSailor003.jpg

WOW! Again, just perfect. I love sailor outfits & this one is just great! Who says you need a cruise to wear one?

Thanks for your help this morning everyone! Here is the Princess set with a sash I made.
DSC_0268.jpg

The sash came out great. I may have to use that idea sometime.

Close up of the fabrics

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

I used that same tink fabric to make pjs for dd. I wish I'd thought to pair it with the polka dots. It looks great!

Revrob....spectacular job,,,,very very nice!
Lori123.....definately the purple....super cute
and TOM OMG OMG:thumbsup2
I myself cannot sew a stitch, but if any of u wish to adopt me Im potty trained!:rotfl: and I eat whatever u put on my plate:rotfl2:
LOVELY STUFF MY FRIENDS.........;) carry on :thumbsup2

Close up of the fabrics

th_IMG_1868.jpg

th_IMG_1853.jpg

That is fantastic! Simply adorable! I love the fabrics together.

IMG_1261.jpg

A few people asked, so here's some close ups of the clippies. I don't know how much help it will be, but here goes!

IMG_1869-1.jpg

Thanks!!! Do you think that the fabric is attached to something stiff inside or is there just something stiff in there? I'm wondering how they stand up.

Just poppin' in while on vacation to say HEY to everyone!!!

Hope you are having fun!

Close up of the fabrics

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

This is great my DD5 loves tink great job the colours look really good together.

to whomever posted the link to the striped tights,:love: :love: :love: I have searched for these forever! U made my week!!!SWAK:love: :woohoo: thanx:cloud9:

That sounds simple enough, what if I can't do that though :rotfl:

I don't have the length on the skirt to fold over and make a waist band. Is there still a way to attach a waistband? There has to be I have plenty of fabric :)
I don't know if anyone answered you but there is a way to do an elastic waistband and then attach it to the skirt. Also with this method you don't have way too much fabric at the waistline which can be uncomfortable to the child. I've made several twirl skirts in this way. PM me with your email address and I will send you a word doc with the instructions (I will have to make one up cuz this information is just in "my head"...LOL Nana

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter