Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
UH, YES! AND I CASED you on the pirate corset/tutu set that it turns out our girls are wearing to the SAME MNSSHP! People are gonna think they're seeing double. Hope you don't mind!?

LOL, not at all! I'm actually flattered! :love: When do you guys leave? I need to stop reading these boards and go pack!

This is what I've been working on. It's for my neice's birthday. And yep, DD wants one too! I'm making a peasant top to go with it too, it is awaiting a ruffle!

Close up of the fabrics

IMG_1853.jpg

Really cute! I love the fabrics together. Did the jeans come with the Tink on them and you added the ruffle? Did you use a pattern for the top? I really like it.

does anyone know where I can buy those long socks that Hannah Montana wears in her video? they look like a big tube sock but go up to her thigh. DD would LOVE theese. Cause then she really will look like HT for halloween.
TIA
Lori

I have to admit - I don't know what Hannah Montana wears (my first baby - a girl - is due this December, so it will only be a matter of time before I learn all about these things!!) but this site has a GREAT selection of socks. Most are adult sizes, but I think some of their items run a little small, so they might have something that works... sock-dreams.com

This is the bodkin I use. It really helps to pull the elastic through the casing. They are in the notions section. If your elastic is small enough, you can put it through the eye, sometimes if mine is just a little too big, I'll cut the end diagonally to fit it through. Otherwise, I put a safety pin through the eye and hook that to the elastic. I use to hate putting elastic in, but this little baby changed my life! :rotfl:

bodkin.jpg

I was looking for mine the other day, and then I remembered - oh yeah... the dog ate it!!! She didn't actually eat it, but she sure did bend it in enough places that it was completly unuable! The cat and dog were in on it together - the cat knocked it from the table and the dog distroyed it. I need to remember to put this on my shopping list for the next trip to JoAnn's.

I have a pair of the Minnie ear clippies. I bought them at the gift shop at the Grand Floridian this past January (I wanted to wear them for the WDW half and full marathons to match my red running skirt and black top, but ended up not wearing them) The sticker on the back list them as $6.50 for the pair.

Tammy

This is what I've been working on. It's for my neice's birthday. And yep, DD wants one too! I'm making a peasant top to go with it too, it is awaiting a ruffle!

Close up of the fabrics

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

The jeans are from voldemort, I have another pair coming for DD. - I'm going to add some bling to the sparkles on the pantleg
IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

When I started this outfit I wasn't too crazy abut the Tink fabric, and I wasn't sure how the two fabrics would look together. Now that it's done, I love it! I hope DN does too!

Ohh I love your Tink outfit.....very cute, the fabrics are perfect!!!! :banana:

I think they are just stuffed with batting.

Thanks!!!

I

I was looking for mine the other day, and then I remembered - oh yeah... the dog ate it!!! She didn't actually eat it, but she sure did bend it in enough places that it was completly unuable! The cat and dog were in on it together - the cat knocked it from the table and the dog distroyed it. I need to remember to put this on my shopping list for the next trip to JoAnn's.

I have a pair of the Minnie ear clippies. I bought them at the gift shop at the Grand Floridian this past January (I wanted to wear them for the WDW half and full marathons to match my red running skirt and black top, but ended up not wearing them) The sticker on the back list them as $6.50 for the pair.

Tammy

My dog and cat use to go together on things like that too! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Now, we just have a cat.

I just bought an extra bodkin, becasue I'm worried I won't be able to find it when I want it. I don't want to go back to a bobby pin or safety pin!

Wow! Haven't been here in a while and there are FAR too many posts to comment individually, but I can just say HOLY MOLY! You are all so talented! Such lucky kiddos!

Love the Belle Christmas Dress, the High school musical outfits, the Back to School. . . just everything!

I have a few new things. . . nothing Earth-shattering by any means, I get so many ideas/inspiration from everyone here (and voldemort, too.)

Minnie Twirl and tee shirt - pretty much a CAB from Voldemort
ellaminnietwirl.jpg

Minnie Apron - pretty much another CAB from voldemort - although I added the mickey/minnie heads on the ties
ellaminnieapron.jpg

Minnie Christmas - inspired by lots! couldn't decide whether to do a patchwork or a stripwork, so I did both - a patchwork panel in the front and the rest strips!
ellachristmas.jpg

sorry the pics aren't the best - not sure what's going on with my camera.

LOL, not at all! I'm actually flattered! :love: When do you guys leave? I need to stop reading these boards and go pack!

We leave home next Thursday to catch an early flight on Friday. I need to get packing too!

HI,

I have been lurking for awhile. I am in awe of your talent! These clothes that you are creating are amazing!!
I am a fulltime nursing student and don't have the time to sew right now, so I am going to live vicariously thru you all~

Take care,
Jeanette

disneylovinfamily - :hug: for your sityuation - enjoy your trip as much as you can!

aimmee - love the miniie outfit! too cute!

tnmom - I like the top one best.

stepmom - Love the scrapbook! you have tons of talent for not "sewing."

Ok y'all. Here's my pooh toile skirt! I'm such a little kid - I've been dancing around all day in it.

Picture010.jpg

And here are the pirate pants I made for Tammy - they're very simple, but it's the first pants I've made.
I did not make the shirt.

Picture002-1.jpg

I haven't decided if I'm going to mess with the legs or not - maybe cut them into tatters a bit?

Awesome job. I am also pooh sized and can not find a pattern for simple shorts to fit? Would you mind sharing what patterns you use or brand of patterns. I made a pair the other day in my regular size for AK only to find out they didn;t even come close to fitting.:sad2:

jessica - I'll post the pattern number when I get home. If I remember. Will you send me a pm later to remind me? Today is our foster class, so I won't be home until late and I might forget.

lori - another vote for the purple! it looks great!

I'm quoting myself! ha!

I remembered to get the pattern out.
I used simplicxity 4137

jajne - I just saw your post - for the pants for tammy I used mccalls m5350 - it's scrub top and bottoms - and I just modified it for the pants.

for the skirt, I used the one I mentioned - it goes up to a 20 - but their 20 is NOT my 20 - so I expanded it - when it calls to cut on the fold, I move the pattern piece over some and then cut to add a few inches.

I don't think pattern sizes are accurate - I had gatric bypass in february and I've lost 95 pounds, so sewing for me is a good thing right now with my changing weight -
so I'm in a 16/18 in store bought clothes, a 20 in jeans and then to find the 20 skirt didn't fit me!?!?! I almost freaked out.
:)
I practiced on some christmas fabric before I cut the pooh though -
and the christmas skirt fits, it's just really snug - by the time december gets here, it will be fine.

Wow! Haven't been here in a while and there are FAR too many posts to comment individually, but I can just say HOLY MOLY! You are all so talented! Such lucky kiddos!

Love the Belle Christmas Dress, the High school musical outfits, the Back to School. . . just everything!

I have a few new things. . . nothing Earth-shattering by any means, I get so many ideas/inspiration from everyone here (and voldemort, too.)

Minnie Twirl and tee shirt - pretty much a CAB from Voldemort
ellaminnietwirl.jpg

Minnie Apron - pretty much another CAB from voldemort - although I added the mickey/minnie heads on the ties
ellaminnieapron.jpg

Minnie Christmas - inspired by lots! couldn't decide whether to do a patchwork or a stripwork, so I did both - a patchwork panel in the front and the rest strips!
ellachristmas.jpg

sorry the pics aren't the best - not sure what's going on with my camera.

Your daughter looks so adorable in those cute outfits! Nice job!

Ok ladies and gents. You guys are very talented and very good with your time management. I can't believe you have families get on this site and sew. I sure could use some pointers. Anyway after weeks of drooling over everyones work I have decided i'm going to buy a sewing machine. So a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1] What's a good machine for under $200.

2] Do all sewing machines do a satin stitch? { you can use that for applics right}. I know pretty scary to think that I want a sewing machine when I don't know anything about sewing. I'm holding everyone here responsible for giving me false hope that I too can create.:lmao: . I really enjoy looking at everyones work.:thumbsup2

Ok ladies and gents. You guys are very talented and very good with your time management. I can't believe you have families get on this site and sew. I sure could use some pointers. Anyway after weeks of drooling over everyones work I have decided i'm going to buy a sewing machine. So a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1] What's a good machine for under $200.

2] Do all sewing machines do a satin stitch? { you can use that for applics right}. I know pretty scary to think that I want a sewing machine when I don't know anything about sewing. I'm holding everyone here responsible for giving me false hope that I too can create.:lmao: . I really enjoy looking at everyones work.:thumbsup2

I bought the Singer Esteem from Target. I spent $129 on it. My DH offered to buy me a fancy machine and I turned him down. (I got a serger:cloud9: ) Anyway, it is a wonderful machine and it has some really great practical stitches. Any machine with a zig zag stitch can do a satin stitch. The best thing I did was read the manual from cover to cover and I bought the Simplicity guide to sewing.

Sorry - one more question - what do you like better - the purple T I bought - or this green tank I have at home??? Keeping in mind the iron on, "rock star" rhinestone iron on and how busy the outfit is.
DSC_0201.jpg

I was actually going to suggest lime green. I love that color and the patch would still work.

I have to second that recommendation...I bought one in the 70's and it was invaluable so that I could understand what patterns meant, how to set in sleeves, how to ease, putting in zippers, cutting out patterns, everything you can imagine. It is a great book for anyone who wants to learn to sew and who is going from sewing straight stitches to making patterns and piecing patterns (Frankenpattern?) together.

Susan

Ahhh! I am 60 or so pages behind!
I knew it would happen if I went away for a week, but now I have to find the time to catch up. To be truthful I am still away, but I finally have internet access and a laptop so I thought I would see what you guys have been up to, and you have been busy!
It looks like I am definitely getting a new sewing machine!!!!!
I am so excited about it. The only question is what machine? My husband agreed to the Brother from Costco, so that great.
The plot thickens as he later got a bit full of himself (we were watching a movie at my Mom's house and he swears the version of that movie we have doesn't have certain captions, and I say he is wrong) and bet me an upgrade to the Disney embroidery machine if he is wrong. So, if I am wrong I still get the other one - not bad for me either way.
I really hope I am right, but I also thought I had read some of you guys weren't all that happy with the Disney embroidery machine. Is that machine more trouble than its worth?

Thanks guys.
(Hey! Hubby moved my sig pic :rolleyes: what a trouble maker ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter