Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 4

Discussion in 'Arts and Crafts' started by celerystalker, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celerystalker

celerystalker <font color=green>Look! I'm yankeepenny!<br><font

tnmom - make something for yourself! do it!
    You only live once.

And it can't be as bad as my celery shirt. :lmao: I still haven't taken of picture of that one. I need to .

Thanks for the compliments, y'all. I appreciate it.
    our trip is getting so close!

lori - I think the purple shirt goes very well.
    how about adding a ruffle to the sleeves of the princess shirt to coordinate with the skirt?

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is Part 4 of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1342831.

The thread is continued at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1733993

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. teresajoy

teresajoy <font color=deeppink>World's Proudest Aunt!<br><fo

I love these outfits! Your friend does a nice job!
    I think this shirt looks fine. What kind of iron on are you using? Did you post a picture allready?
    You can buy transfer pape for dark fabric, which would show up on a black shirt.
    But, I think I would just stay with this purple, it doesn't look much lighter than the purple music notes to me.

I like it the way it is. Did you put some bling on there?

I love the skirt! It's adorable. I like the way the princesses have their own squares! :thumbsup2

4. lori123

lori123 DIS Veteran

Adorable! I am working on finishing too. When do you leave? We are taking off next Thursday. I also have let DD wear her creations to school, can't get them any dirtier (is that a word LOL) than at Disney!!

5. jessica52877

jessica52877 DIS Veteran

I love the skirt! That looks like something I might be able to do! Any suggestions or patterns for skirts. My issue is I don't have a regular piece of fabric, I bought an XXL dress from disney shopping to match DH and DS shirt. I am just going to cut it up to use the fabric. I wanted a mickey head on a shirt and was hoping for shorts, capris or a skirt like this would be adorable!

The pirate pants are great too! Great job!

6. lori123

lori123 DIS Veteran

How FUN!! I vote to tatter the legs - what a great idea!

7. 2cutekidz

2cutekidz DIS Veteran

I made the cutest tinkerbell outfit for my DNeice's birthday this Sunday with that fabric and a purple tink print. I ran out of fabric for the ruffle on the peasant shirt, so back to Walmart I went! Of course I had to get more of the Tink fabric to because when DD sees it she is going to want one too! (Even if she doesn't I'm making her one because I love how the set turned out!) I hope to post pictures tomorrow after the peasant shirt is done! I'm even going to make her matching korker bows!

8. aimeeg

aimeeg DIS Veteran

I have to say I love the tinkerbell colors. It is really nice.

I also love how you cut out each princess for the skirt. DD loves the fabric and I cannot figure out to do with it. I really like this idea.

Purple shirt- I would check out the Children's Place. They have these shirts.

http://www.childrensplace.com/webap...n&catTree=27151,27690,27317,27757&clearance=0

They are $6.99 and they have purple. The purple looks a little off on the screen but it has bling. It might be worth checking out. I bought the black for Halloween.

9. teresajoy

teresajoy <font color=deeppink>World's Proudest Aunt!<br><fo

It sounds adorable! I can't wait to see it!

10. 2cutekidz

2cutekidz DIS Veteran

I don't think they would be very hard at all! I have this pair:

[​IMG]

If you want me to take some close up pictures to get an idea of how they are made, let me know.

11. revrob

revrob Guest

LOVE that first outfit!

For the shirt with the ADORABLE princess skirt, have you considered using a fabric from the skirt and making a sash belt? If she wore the shirt out, and then put the belt over it, it would help tie it in a bit more maybe?

12. lori123

lori123 DIS Veteran

Here is a pic of the iron on. I ordered it before I knew there were different ones for dark and light colors. This one is supposed to be on white - but I ironed one on something purple and it wasn't too bad. I don't have time to order another one though.
    [​IMG]

I didn't add some bling to the T - it was already there - but that is an idea - I have crystals here - but maybe I should do colors. Hmmm. I have a Cinderella patch here - and a rhinestone iron on that says "princess" but none of it is working for me.

13. aimeeg

aimeeg DIS Veteran

We are not going til December but my folk art shows are kicking into gear so my time is going to be very limited soon. Say hi to Mickey for us when you go. My DD asked if we could go to Mickey Mouse's house for Halloween. My DH looked at her and said NO! When I gave him the evil eye. He said, Maybe next year! :thumbsup2

14. lori123

lori123 DIS Veteran

Thanks for looking for me! I don't think the iron on would fit if it is embellished - and I am scared to try and make a long sleeved T short sleeved - LOL. The one place I haven't looked yet is Gymboree - since it is a bit of a drive for me. I should peek on-line before I drive.

15. lori123

lori123 DIS Veteran

Sorry - one more question - what do you like better - the purple T I bought - or this green tank I have at home??? Keeping in mind the iron on, "rock star" rhinestone iron on and how busy the outfit is.
    [​IMG]

16. lori123

lori123 DIS Veteran

Hmmm - that's an idea! I have lots of the squares left over - I could make the tie out of them....

17. rie'smom

rie'smom <font color=green>"Always let your conscience be y

Hi Susan. i don't have Aimeeg's book but I do have this one. It's from a DISser named Rosiejo. Here's the link:
    http://www.savefile.com/files/28628

This is how I make my autograph book:
    Either use Rosiejo's pages or make my own-about 80.
    I also take the plastic from a theme paper cover and cut
    it into 2 to 4 x 6 pieces to cover the cover page and back .
    I bought a paper cutter, so I cut the pages to about 4 x 6.
    Used to take the pages for binding but I bought my own-Rubicoil-fuschia for the girls and ocean blue for the boys.

18. livndisney

livndisney DIS Veteran

19. lori123

lori123 DIS Veteran

Again - sorry to be so needy today! I am in panic mode trying to complete outfits, and my brain is a little fried. I just love this skirt - and don't want to mess it up by putting the wrong top with it. Maybe these pics will give you all a better idea of my plan, and what it will look like. Please send any comments or suggestions my way, I could use them!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. jessica52877

jessica52877 DIS Veteran

Please don't think I didn't like it! I think in fact the one I ordered is probably printed from your templates. I assumed who I bought it from created them, but honestly, I don't have it yet, coming this week, I think they are yours!

She had only printed out one so we were going to have to buy another ink cartridge, more paper and have it bound still. I decided forking out the extra bit was worth it!

I do buy my ink for cheap, $6 a cartridge online, but this was on her computer. My printer will never print nice enough long enough to do something like this.

Funny thing was she noticed right away Peter Pan was missing. All the other characters were great! And we figured it was no big deal to be missing somoene. I am sure we won't see him anyways, we aren't big character people.

21. princesssfws

princesssfws Mouseketeer

Glad I could help. My husband was in the Air Force for 5 yrs, but luckily in the chAir Force division so he only had to go away a couple times for a couple weeks for educational training. He still has some classmates active duty so lots of thoughts go out to our military men and women. I hope that you have a great support group to help you out while he is gone.
    Hugs to you and your kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.