July 15-22 2006 Western Anyone?

TandD said:
The couple from Germany was on the ship with my family. I was at the DIS meet, but did not stay long. My family was anxious to explore the ship, since we arrived somewhat late. I don't think we were introduced. If we were and I forgot, I apologize. As a young adult, I babysat for Rachel, the opera singer. When she was about 12, she sang in my wedding. Her husband is an artist. They are quite the eccentric couple and are quite interesting to converse with. I'm glad you enjoyed their company.
I am missing the cruise as well. My daughter cried huge tears on the last night. It will truly stay in my heart forever. . . memories that will last a lifetime. I'm thinking of doing another cruise in 2009, when my oldest son graduates from high school. I'd love to do Disney again! Any cruisers for 2009?

Wow, that is neat. I do believe I met you briefly. Rachel and her husband were very interesting to talk to. They decided to have dessert, because they were looking for something other than asian. I don't know how DIS came up, but she did say she was with oneof the group. I really knew immediately that they were very creative people. Artistic people (which I am not) always amaze me. Their life stories are always amazing, because they take a route that most of us would not chance. I hope they enjoyed the cruise.

I have been pricing RCCL for next year since there are no 7 day cruises next summer with Disney. I don't think I can do a 3 or 4 day now. 2008 is when we will plan on our next Disney cruise. I cannot wait. People told me that once you go on a cruise you will want to go again and again. I now know they were right.

My trip report is complete and posted, I added it to the existing thread. We are currently planning a 4 night cruise for next summer. It will be our 20th anniversary and we can use our new DVC points for most of it. We will be going down to a category 9 (have only had cat. 6 so far) but we really didn't go on the veranda very much so I think it will be ok. As I've said before our favorite days are CC and sea days and with the 4 night that's what we get. We will pretend to be at sea while docked in Nassau ;)

It really bugged me to have to change a toilet paper roll the other day - boy did I get spoiled for 2 weeks!!

noahsmom said:
My trip report is complete and posted, I added it to the existing thread. We are currently planning a 4 night cruise for next summer. It will be our 20th anniversary and we can use our new DVC points for most of it. We will be going down to a category 9 (have only had cat. 6 so far) but we really didn't go on the veranda very much so I think it will be ok. As I've said before our favorite days are CC and sea days and with the 4 night that's what we get. We will pretend to be at sea while docked in Nassau ;)

It really bugged me to have to change a toilet paper roll the other day - boy did I get spoiled for 2 weeks!!

It was a great report. Thanks for doing one. :thumbsup2 We are trying to plan a 7 day Eastern cruise for March 2007. This will be over the kids spring break. We've never done a Eastern cruise so it will be a nice change. I'm spoiled in having a verandah. I tried an inside stateroom once on another cruise line and I hated it. I love sitting out there when we are docking or even late at night when the kids are asleep to read or just chill out.

I hear ya about the toilet paper. I miss them cleaning up after me that's for sure. Believe it or not I'm happy to be home cooking again. IMHO I dislike cruise food. I find it very bland. Oh well I think I better get going to do some serious cleaning in here. YUCK!!!

noahsmom said:

Great trip report!! I have an outline. I thought I might do one from a newbie perspective.

I was in a cat 9 and I really liked it. We would have never used the verandah much, so it was a nice alternative, and the portholes are huge. It was really neat waking up and seeing the ocean.

It is really bugging me that I have to clean up after everyone. I need to clean the house so badly, but I am having trouble accepting that I have to do it....and no towel animals. It just doesn't seem right. :rotfl2: Kids under feet, including neighborhood kids, doorbells constantly, and the guilt the kids give me for actually cleaning, makes it difficult.

I wonder how long the withdrawl goes on. I guess I need to get another one scheduled so I can get in a planning mode again, and have something to look forward to.

Well, I began my trip report. I have no notes, so I hope I do not get the days mixed up. I just did day one, and will continue as time allows. Noahsmom inspired me to get moving with this, before I really forget the details. :thumbsup2

BTSEN5 said:
Well, I began my trip report. I have no notes, so I hope I do not get the days mixed up. I just did day one, and will continue as time allows. Noahsmom inspired me to get moving with this, before I really forget the details. :thumbsup2

I really enjoyed reading both yours and Noahsmom's trip reports. I started one today. It's hard to remember everything. Hopefully I will have time to post more tomorrow. Where is everybody? I really enjoyed talking to everyone before the cruise. I really would like to continue talking to everyone to hear about their vacation.

Question to all? What was your favorite part of the cruise?

sillykidsmom said:
I really enjoyed reading both yours and Noahsmom's trip reports. I started one today. It's hard to remember everything. Hopefully I will have time to post more tomorrow. Where is everybody? I really enjoyed talking to everyone before the cruise. I really would like to continue talking to everyone to hear about their vacation.

Question to all? What was your favorite part of the cruise?

I have to say Pirate Night. I thought that was so much fun. It was nice because it was one time that Nate wanted to be with us, even though he was exhausted.

Castaway Cay was really great too.

Where did everyone go? I would love to hear about everyone's vacation. Noahsmom, BTSEN5 and myself our the only ones that have really talked since we've been back. Come on back and share.

Hope everyone is doing well. :thumbsup2

It's hard to pick one favorite thing! We all loved our Stingray swim. I'm so glad I booked that myself instead through Disney. The small group on our excursion made it so much more personal. We also really enjoyed time on the ship. Castaway Cay was a bit disappointing because of the weather, but it was still a good day.

Looks like our next cruise is July 22, 2007 a 4 night Wonder. Our 20th anniversary will be the 25th so we'd like to be on the ship at Palo! I have to look for a DIS meet group now!

Hi
everyone I am doing well. We just watched the video we took from the cruise and we watched the pirate night fireworks I still can't get over it. It was great. We all had a great time my DS really loved the club. My motto "usually any vacation is a great vacation" So I will try to write more often hopefully will be postin some photos soon. I don't think I will be posting a report but I have read everyones and they were great.

Not up really early that much I guess its a vacation planning thing :confused3
Soooooo I guess I should start planning soon :teeth:

Trying for Hilton Head in 07 and possibly maybe a Double Dip for 08 :cloud9: :cloud9:

Hopefully

ansky922 said:
Hi
everyone I am doing well. We just watched the video we took from the cruise and we watched the pirate night fireworks I still can't get over it. It was great. We all had a great time my DS really loved the club. My motto "usually any vacation is a great vacation" So I will try to write more often hopefully will be postin some photos soon. I don't think I will be posting a report but I have read everyones and they were great.

Trying for Hilton Head in 07 and possibly maybe a Double Dip for 08 :cloud9: :cloud9:

Hopefully

Hi Ansky,
Great to hear from you. I know it has been so busy since the cruise. We are getting our pictures back slowly but surely. With the power outages out west everything is delayed. It is exciting to think of another cruise. I think I will always have to be planning one now, so I can have that to look forward to.

I am glad your son liked the clubs. Mine did too; so much so that they did not want to be with us hardly at all. I guess that is a good thing.

Well, it was good to see you on the boards. Have a great day.

:grouphug: Hi everyone! It was so great to meet so many of you on board, it really made such a difference while we were cruising! I plan on catching up on reading the boards and may even download a picture or two soon! Sigh, I miss not 'planning' a vacation but guess I can work on my trip notes and pictures instead!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Funny tidbit. My DH and I misunderstood one another (that only happens to us, I'm sure) and therefore my DS8 and DS12 did not have any underwear or socks packed for the trip but my DS10 did. So first thing I did in Key West was pop into CVS pharmacy (are they like on EVERY street corner, or what!) and buy underwear - while the rest of you were buying Tortuga rum cakes! :rotfl2:

type later,
Terri

p.s. Noah's mom, I never met you but sillykid's mom pointed you out to me at Castaway Cay and I waved to you. I have an DS8 and he probably met yours in the club as well!

jonida3 said:
:grouphug: Hi everyone! It was so great to meet so many of you on board, it really made such a difference while we were cruising! I plan on catching up on reading the boards and may even download a picture or two soon! Sigh, I miss not 'planning' a vacation but guess I can work on my trip notes and pictures instead!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Funny tidbit. My DH and I misunderstood one another (that only happens to us, I'm sure) and therefore my DS8 and DS12 did not have any underwear or socks packed for the trip but my DS10 did. So first thing I did in Key West was pop into CVS pharmacy (are they like on EVERY street corner, or what!) and buy underwear - while the rest of you were buying Tortuga rum cakes! :rotfl2:

type later,
Terri

p.s. Noah's mom, I never met you but sillykid's mom pointed you out to me at Castaway Cay and I waved to you. I have an DS8 and he probably met yours in the club as well!

Hi Terri,

That is too funny. Glad to hear all is well. I am in contact with Kodak. I sent my memory stick in to them from BJ's club here to get the 208 pictures printed out. Now they cannot find my order, or my memory stick. To top that off, I do not have the envelope number, because when I picked up the other 6 picture orders, I accidentally threw it away.... I am assuming.

I hope they find them. At least I have them on this computer. I think I can transfer them to photobucket or something like that and have them ordered online.

As I was letting go of the envelope to drop it into the slot I had this thought "Do not let go." I believe I should have listened to it.

I look forward to seeing some pictures too. :thumbsup2

jonida3 said:

type later,
Terri

Terri that is hilarious.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I'm always afraid that I'm going to forget to pack underwear so I make sure that is the first thing I pack! I always complain to husband that I have 3 people to pack and he only has himself. His response is do you want to kids to match and have underwear. :lmao:

It was great to meet you and your family. My DS8 didn't spend all that much time in the club. He enjoyed staying with us and driving us crazy. I guess sending him to camp for the summer back fired. He didn't want to participate in much activities in there because he felt like he was back at camp and wanted a break. Oh well next Disney cruise no summer camp.

It was nice running into you several times on the ship and at Castaway Cay. I think the DIS boards and having the DIS meets are great! Who knows maybe one day we will see you on another Disney Cruise!

Hope all is well and keep in touch.
Tracy

ansky922 said:
Hi

Hopefully

Love your motto. I have to agree with you on that.
I'm glad to hear that your getting some sleep. We too are skipping a Disney Cruise next year. I wish we could take one, but I really want another 7 nighter and even though I would love to do the mediterranean it's just not in our budget for that type of vacation for next year. So it looks like we will sail Disney in 2008 as well.

It was great to hear from you.

Were having a heat wave a tropical :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: heat wave the tempature is risen :dance3: to about 102

man oh man is it :smokin:

I think it is even hotter then the cruise

Just tryin to stay :cool1:

Just had to share :wave:

ansky922 said:
Were having a heat wave a tropical :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: heat wave the tempature is risen :dance3: to about 102

man oh man is it :smokin:

I think it is even hotter then the cruise

Just tryin to stay :cool1:

Just had to share :wave:

It is going to be 102 here today too. I told my husband we may have to go to the Caribbean to cool off. It was definitely more comfortable there than it is here.

I was watching Regis and Kelly this morning...or I am ....and I guess NY has not reached 100 in a long time. They showed a picture of people hanging off of fire hydrants....I guess they turn them on when it is hot? and a nice pool at Central Park. I need to find a pool. The beach is way too hot.

I hear ya'll about the tempature. It may not be 100 or above here but the feels like tempature is and it is miserable. We even have a pool and I have no desire to go in it. The pool is even hot. It may not have been the sunniest :sunny: vacation in the Caribbean, but it sure was alot cooler. So shall we catch the next boat and head out of here?? :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter