July 15-22 2006 Western Anyone?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by buzz2, Jan 3, 2006.

1. buzz2

buzz2 Mouseketeer

Been checking but have not seen a thread started for this cruise. There will be 11 of us. Myself, Dw, Ds-13 DD-9. And 7 Cousins.We have 4 state rooms.
    Any suggestions in must do excursions? Thinking about the Sting rays in Gran Caymans and my son wants to know about the teen cruise. Has anyone done the teen cruise? and do they use Disney Councilers? Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ImMarcik

ImMarcik <font color=teal>That's what I get for coming up w

Hiya Buzz2, I just switched my cruise today from the July 29th to the 15th. This will be my second cruise, I did the 4 day on Thanksgiving. It will be me 35, DH 45 & DD12. Do you have any girls going about that age? My DD was in the Lab last time so I can't answer about the teen club. And, since I've never been on the Western I can't answer about the excursions either but nice to meet ya. :flower:

We are leaning towards the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel, The shipwreck Snorkel in Grand Cayman and maybe the Island tour too. In Key West we are just going to explore on our own.

4. buzz2

buzz2 Mouseketeer

Imarik, Sorry no girls all boys except my 9 year old DD. This is are 4th DCL cruise. But we have always gone off on our own, but with the extra people this time we want to do something together. So we are thinking about the Stingrays. We still have a lot of time to decide though.

5. ImMarcik

We did the stingrays at CC and it was fun. I hear that the stingrays in Grand Cayman are even better.

6. buzz2

buzz2 Mouseketeer

ImMarcik, Looks like there is not all lot of people going, means more chocolate chip cookies, and Mickey bars for us! Will be able to go to the pool on sea days at 10am and have no problem finding chairs.This is going to be Great!

7. ImMarcik

An empty pool on sea days will be heaven Buzz2 :flower: Actually I do know of one more family that will be on the cruise with us. I met thegales on the last cruise and we've ended up booking the same cruise again. I think I will PM him and let him know a thread has started.

So what makes you pick Disney to cruise on? I was getting my haircut today and the girl who cuts my hair cruises a lot. She said she priced DCL for springbreak but decided she could do 2 other cruises for that price and it wasn't worth it. We do actually live close to Galveston. But, I chose Disney and loved my first cruise enough to choose them again. I do have a soft spot for Mickey Bars. :rotfl: My DH and DD both have asthma and it is so nice to know that the staterooms are nonsmoking. It bothers my DH when we stay in a hotel room that the last guests smoked in. It's also nice that wavebands was nonsmoking. We had a lot of fun in there and wouldn't have been able to stay long if it was smoky. I am such a big kid too, everytime I see a character I get soooo excited. :earsboy:

8. thegales

thegales DIS Veteran

Found you!

We did Fury Catamaran on our last Western, and it was a lot of fun. We will probably book it again. We had booked Stingrays at Grand Cayman with Capt. Marvin, but due to Hurricanes, that port was cancelled. We will try it again, although DD's are not big on snorkeling. Our family has me, DW, DD10 (will have just turned) and DD8.

9. buzz2

buzz2 Mouseketeer

Welcome thegales! Under 6 months now. I think we are going to use Captin Marvin also for the Stingrays.

ImMarcik We have crusied on Carnival,Celebrity, and RCCL, so far the kids have loved Disney the best. They are getting older now and the prices for DCL is getting higher and higher,(so maybe a change in the future) but for now since we are DVC members we can incorporate a weeks stay at our favorite resort, Beach Club Villas in Disney after the Cruise.

10. ImMarcik

We did the land/sea package on the november cruise. But, we had to leave early on magic kingdom day since I was having some breathing problems and then I went to a clinic. The Beach Club helped us find the clinic. We missed out on Animal Kingdom completly because of it. So, we decided to fly in a day early this time and go to Animal Kingdom the day before the cruise. We are also going to eat a dinner at Ohana that night and watch the fireworks. So, guess we wouldn't be doing that if we were cruising from Galveston, but I think eventually we will be trying a different line.

Hi thegales, glad you found us. :flower: I have a question for you. The sand bucket and stuff that you had at CC, did you bring those from home? I know Aerial sure enjoyed them. I was kind of thinking of getting a basket from Shirley with a sand bucket.

11. buzz2

buzz2 Mouseketeer

We used Shirley last cruise. Had her do a bucket for each of the kids, they were both nice and an arrangement for my DW. We always seem to go around are anniversery. This year will be are 20th. Ohannas is one of our favorite resturants. We will be going there this time along with Liberty tree and the Hoop de Doo Revue. (a little corny but the kids enjoy it and the foods not bad either).

12. ImMarcik

In November when we went it was our 7th anniversary. :flower: I ordered a basket from Shirley for my DH and DD for a surprise. So, do you think anyone else is going to join us?

13. thegales

thegales DIS Veteran

Those were the small sand baskets from Shirley, but they were plenty big. They have some stuff on their website, but it is all personalized when you call. Kristen only drinks lemonade and water, so that was the only drinks we put in her basket. Kathy had a bigger selection.

One recommendation I would make is to get things that you can't get on the ship (or that you would have to pay for on the ship). For example, it was just as much fun for the girls to go up to the drink station as it was to drink the items in the basket. Next time we will have more candy and less drink. Or perhaps activity books, or playing cards.

14. ImMarcik

6 months from today I will be flying to Orlando. :banana: :banana:

15. buzz2

buzz2 Mouseketeer

Under 6 months now, but still looking for decent air fare. Wouldn't hurt to get the rental car down a little more to!

16. ImMarcik

Yes, I've been keeping my eye on the airfare. It goes up and down like the stock market. Eventually I will buy our tickets.

Listen to this. Remember I said I moved our trip to this date because of my DHs business meeting that was going to fall during our original trip date. Well today they had their big beginning of the year meeting and they moved the summer meeting to June :rotfl2: I asked him if he wanted me to move the trip back but he said to just leave it alone. :rotfl2:

17. buzz2

buzz2 Mouseketeer

lol ImMacik, thats funny after all that changing! Well, will have a great cruise, my son just told me that pirates of the Caribean 2 will be out the week before our cruise, so will be able to see that on board the ship. Not happy about the the kids club changes the first night, my daughter already complaining, but will keep her busy.

18. ImMarcik

My DD and my DH both are excited about Pirates coming out then. :banana:

19. ImMarcik

Anyone else going with us??? party: :sail:

20. 2littlestitches

2littlestitches Mouseketeer

Just booked today for this cruise....

Myself, my husband, 2 small boys and also my parents.

First Disney cruise....first cruise ever, in fact!

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Right now I'm trying to figure out which nights are Pirate night, formal night, etc. Also the schedule of shows.

If you guys know anything, I'd love to hear any info you have!

21. buzz2

buzz2 Mouseketeer

Welcome 2littlestiches! Lets see if I remember right, Formal night is Monday, Pirates is Wednesday, and Semi Formal is Thursday night. Shows: first night is the welcome Aboard show, Sunday- is usaually an magician and or comedian, Monday -Is the Golden Mickeys (coensides with formal night.) Tuesday-Twice Charmed, Wed-This is pirate night so there could be a movie showing. (maybe Pirates of the Carabean 2 since it will be out the week before).Thursday-Disney Dreams. Friday-Remember the Magic. Any other Questions just let them fly. :)