July 15-22 2006 Western Anyone?

BTSEN5 said:
We watched Remember the Magic ( I think) last night, I cried. We went to debark, and they were playing what sounded like the music from the same show, I cried. I think I am all cried out now.

I cried at the kids show, again at Remember the Magic, and when they started to play that music when we were debarking. Why did they play that music??!! It was a great trip.

We didn't book on board - we became DVC members. Last night we were going over some of our options and we can use our points for a 4 night cruise and a few nights at our DVC home next July which is our 20th anniversary! We were trying to decide if we'd be happy with a 4 night cruise now and I think we will, our favorite times are Castaway Cay and sea days so this should work.

Kelli

Hey everyone........

We are back from the cruise......sorry I never made it to the Dis meet and as a result didn't get to meet you guys in person. We had a great trip...it was our first cruise ever. I have to say that I was stunned...absolutely in awe by how wonderful Castaway Cay is. We snorkeled for a long time and saw so many fish! I almost cried in the morning with the rain, but we went out anyway and ended up having a great day there.

We will likely do another cruise with Disney again. I personally would like to just live on Castaway Cay. It was awesome.

BTSEN...I think I "may" have met you and didn't even realize it until I got home. Were you and your husband at the 11:00pm dessert buffet on Thurs? My mom and I sat at a table, and I swear it may have been you seated with us for a little while. I wish I would've realized it then!

2littlestitches

2littlestitches comment about sitting with BTSEN5 shows how small of world (or cruise ship) it really is.

We were on our way to our excursion at Rum Point beach at Grand Cayman and our family is seated across from a mother and daughter. After a bit of conversation, mom said something about the daughter being at Sea World the week before. I asked if they were SKMinnie48, and they were! It was such a joy to meet them. SKMinnie48 (the daughter) is such a great role model and is at a point in her life where my DD10 strives to be. Oh, it was nice talking with mom too. :)

2littlestitches said:
Hey everyone........

We are back from the cruise......sorry I never made it to the Dis meet and as a result didn't get to meet you guys in person. We had a great trip...it was our first cruise ever. I have to say that I was stunned...absolutely in awe by how wonderful Castaway Cay is. We snorkeled for a long time and saw so many fish! I almost cried in the morning with the rain, but we went out anyway and ended up having a great day there.

We will likely do another cruise with Disney again. I personally would like to just live on Castaway Cay. It was awesome.

BTSEN...I think I "may" have met you and didn't even realize it until I got home. Were you and your husband at the 11:00pm dessert buffet on Thurs? My mom and I sat at a table, and I swear it may have been you seated with us for a little while. I wish I would've realized it then!

2littlestitches

Yes, that was me and my husband. We were sitting next to that nice, very polite little girl. Unfortunately, she was not mine. Wasn't the dessert buffet so awesome!! I was amazed by the entire thing. I wish I would have known too that it was you there with us. What a small w....I mean ship.

Castaway Cay was so nice. My husband and youngest snorkeled and from what they tell me, it was a blast. I wish I would have done that, but with the rain, I just didn't feel like getting in the water. I guess we will have to do another cruise so I can experience that.

Well, I am glad you made it safely home and that we did get to meet, even if we did not realize it at the time.

Take care

I just wanted to say it was GREAT meeting all our new friends on the Cruise. My girls were heartbroken leaving. Delaney cried in the car until she fell asleep.

I posted our photos on our family web site... the board won't allow me to post the url since I'm a newbee... So just e-mail me if you want the link....

Dave Q

thegales said:
This just struck me funny.

:rotfl2: It does sound funny as I read it again.

Without the sun, I was comfortable, not hot at all, so I did not really feel like getting in the water. I think that sounds better than the first way I explained it. :rotfl:

BTSEN5 said:
:rotfl2: It does sound funny as I read it again.

Without the sun, I was comfortable, not hot at all, so I did not really feel like getting in the water. I think that sounds better than the first way I explained it. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: That's ok, I felt the same way!!! I don't think Jon, Zach, Savannah or Nate got out of the water all day! I was happy just sitting at the edge of the water watching everyone and chatting with Tammie.

I want to thank Kellie for letting Savannah join in on making the sand castle with her and Noah. (and the little girl, never got her name) She really enjoyed doing that.

Even though it rained I had a wonderful day at Castaway Cay. I kept telling myself that I should put sunscreen on the kids and I never did. Thank goodness they only got a little pink. Jon on the other hand.....OUCH!!!! A little red!!

sillykidsmom said:
:rotfl2: I kept telling myself that I should put sunscreen on the kids and I never did. Thank goodness they only got a little pink. Jon on the other hand.....OUCH!!!! A little red!!

I know what you mean. I remember you saying about the sunscreen and I did not, since Brian parked our stuff in timbuktu, get up to get any. The kids did not get too much. Well, I think Eric got a little more than I would like, but I never saw him at CC. He loved the banana boat ride!!

The Konk Cooler was so delicious. I miss those foo foo drinks. I think I tried every drink of the day except the apple thing on Friday. They were all great.

Oh, and the servers were wonderful. They went above and beyond what I ever expected. I miss them. Oh, and the flaming baked alaska parade. What a surprise!! I never once read about that on this board, so I was overwhelmed by it. What a way to thank the servers. They all looked like they enjoyed it so much.

Oh, and the Gales saved our 10 year old from missing the fireworks on Pirate night. Nate was so tired and wanted to go to bed. Thank goodness we waited a couple of minutes.Thank you.

Is anyone doing a trip report on the boards? I am not good at all at remembering what happened on what day and I did not take notes. Just wondering if anyone had planned on doing it.

BTSEN5 said:
I know what you mean. I remember you saying about the sunscreen and I did not, since Brian parked our stuff in timbuktu, get up to get any. The kids did not get too much. Well, I think Eric got a little more than I would like, but I never saw him at CC. He loved the banana boat ride!!

The Konk Cooler was so delicious. I miss those foo foo drinks. I think I tried every drink of the day except the apple thing on Friday. They were all great.

Oh, and the servers were wonderful. They went above and beyond what I ever expected. I miss them. Oh, and the flaming baked alaska parade. What a surprise!! I never once read about that on this board, so I was overwhelmed by it. What a way to thank the servers. They all looked like they enjoyed it so much.

Oh, and the Gales saved our 10 year old from missing the fireworks on Pirate night. Nate was so tired and wanted to go to bed. Thank goodness we waited a couple of minutes.Thank you.

Is anyone doing a trip report on the boards? I am not good at all at remembering what happened on what day and I did not take notes. Just wondering if anyone had planned on doing it.

I had every intention of keeping notes thoughout our trip. It did not happen! I love reading trip reports. I will try to do my best and write one up. Can't promise anything though. I think Kellie (noahsmom) is doing one.

DisneyCruise2006-248.jpg

I want to be back at Castaway Cay. Rain or shine it's beautiful either way!

sillykidsmom said:
I want to thank Kellie for letting Savannah join in on making the sand castle with her and Noah. (and the little girl, never got her name) She really enjoyed doing that.

Even though it rained I had a wonderful day at Castaway Cay. I kept telling myself that I should put sunscreen on the kids and I never did. Thank goodness they only got a little pink. Jon on the other hand.....OUCH!!!! A little red!!
Not a problem - Savannah was quite a little worker. I think the other girl's name was Leah but I'm not certain. I was laughing because she was telling me how bossy my son was, all the while telling me I wasn't doing thing right. She could boss with the best of them. Didn't matter though - we were having fun and she had a vision.

I was so upset when I saw it was raining when we docked. I'm glad it stopped, but a little blue sky would have been wonderful. DH got quite a sunburn anyway.

Even though we really enjoyed the 7 night cruise I think we will go back to the 4 night. Our favorite days are sea days and CC. I wish they had a 7 night that just alternated a day at sea with CC. I don't need to go to any ports. Although I really did like Grand Cayman.

I am going to post a trip report. I had a notebook with me and meant to write down everything we ordered for dinner - but I always forgot. So my report won't be as detailed as I had hoped but I think it will help people.

I can't recommend Native Way enough - they were FANTASTIC!! There were only 7 of us on their Island tour/Sting Ray city excursion. What was supposed to be a 2 1/2 hour excursion was at least 4 hours. It was great, the driver was so informative and gave us extra time at the turtle farm (which Noah loved).

noahsmom said:
I am going to post a trip report. I had a notebook with me and meant to write down everything we ordered for dinner - but I always forgot. So my report won't be as detailed as I had hoped but I think it will help people.

I can't recommend Native Way enough - they were FANTASTIC!! There were only 7 of us on their Island tour/Sting Ray city excursion. What was supposed to be a 2 1/2 hour excursion was at least 4 hours. It was great, the driver was so informative and gave us extra time at the turtle farm (which Noah loved).

The turtle farm was great, but we felt rushed. We booked the excursion through Disney. It seemed like we were running behind. The stingrays were unbelievable. I have some really neat pictures on CD of that. They just amazed me.

Well I am finally back to reality came in on tues

It was nice meeting everyone and we really had a great time DS really enjoyed the club and me and DH relaxed alot by ourselves some days I felt guilty but DS was the one who asked to go to the club

Now I am just trying to figure out when we can go back without people calling me a disney freak :crazy:

I have started my cruise trip report. I've only got a few days posted but should have more up tomorrow. Feel free to add whatever you like!

ansky922 said:

It was nice meeting everyone and we really had a great time DS really enjoyed the club and me and DH relaxed alot by ourselves some days I felt guilty but DS was the one who asked to go to the club

Now I am just trying to figure out when we can go back without people calling me a disney freak :crazy:

I also felt bad because my 2 youngest were with us mainly for dinner and the islands. They had such a good time, there were even times that I did not make them eat with us. Nate loved to eat with his friends in the clubs, and Eric met some very nice kids in the teen club. They have his cell phone number, so now I have to keep a close eye on the minutes he uses. They are already planning a cruise for 2008. :thumbsup2 I am fine with that. I am wanting to go to CC again soon.

We went to the beach today, and I could not help looking out into the ocean and thinking of the cruise...white sands, and clear water. I had to really imagine that.

It was good to meet you and everyone.

Oh, I wanted to ask.... we ate the asian buffet one day (?) and there was a couple there from Germany. They were artists I believe. One sang opera, and I forget what the man said he did. Anyway, they said they were traveling with a DIS family. I was wondering if it was anyone from the board? Not sure who will check back in , but just thought I would ask. They were very interesting and engaging people.

ansky922 said:

It was nice to meet you too. I hope you finally get some well deserved sleep!!

We felt guilty because our kids didn't want to go to the clubs! They enjoyed hanging out with us. Well except when you saw us in line for pictures! Wow was that a trying time.

We too are trying to figure out the best time to go back. Would love to go over the kid's spring break in March. If not we will have to wait until summer of 2008 since they are doing the Med. next summer.

Hope all is well!

noahsmom said:
I have started my cruise trip report. I've only got a few days posted but should have more up tomorrow. Feel free to add whatever you like!

I read that a little while ago. You did a very good job. I will have to take some time to think through our week.

noahsmom said:

Great! I'm going to go read it! Thanks

BTSEN5 said:
I also felt bad because my 2 youngest were with us mainly for dinner and the islands. They had such a good time, there were even times that I did not make them eat with us. Nate loved to eat with his friends in the clubs, and Eric met some very nice kids in the teen club. They have his cell phone number, so now I have to keep a close eye on the minutes he uses. They are already planning a cruise for 2008. :thumbsup2 I am fine with that. I am wanting to go to CC again soon.

We went to the beach today, and I could not help looking out into the ocean and thinking of the cruise...white sands, and clear water. I had to really imagine that.

It was good to meet you and everyone.

Oh, I wanted to ask.... we ate the asian buffet one day (?) and there was a couple there from Germany. They were artists I believe. One sang opera, and I forget what the man said he did. Anyway, they said they were traveling with a DIS family. I was wondering if it was anyone from the board? Not sure who will check back in , but just thought I would ask. They were very interesting and engaging people.

The couple from Germany was on the ship with my family. I was at the DIS meet, but did not stay long. My family was anxious to explore the ship, since we arrived somewhat late. I don't think we were introduced. If we were and I forgot, I apologize. As a young adult, I babysat for Rachel, the opera singer. When she was about 12, she sang in my wedding. Her husband is an artist. They are quite the eccentric couple and are quite interesting to converse with. I'm glad you enjoyed their company.
I am missing the cruise as well. My daughter cried huge tears on the last night. It will truly stay in my heart forever. . . memories that will last a lifetime. I'm thinking of doing another cruise in 2009, when my oldest son graduates from high school. I'd love to do Disney again! Any cruisers for 2009?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter