July 15-22 2006 Western Anyone?

sillykidsmom said:
I have the same dilema with Zach. I'm going to let him wear dressy shorts and a polo shirt to dinner on "non dressy" nights. First off he only has two pairs of dressy pants and that's because I had to buy them for him for this cruise. Living here in Florida kids even wear dressy shorts to church. I figured if it's good enough for church why not a cruise. The Disney cruise we went on last year I saw men wearing shorts and jeans to dinner. If people have a problem with Zach in shorts, then so be it. I'm not going to worry about it. Honestly if people are so worried about what everyone is wearing it just takes the fun out of going to dinner. I do look forward to the formal and semi-formal nights because it is fun playing dress up with the kids!!

I'm sorry about going on and on here about this, but I was going around in circles with this myself. :crazy:

You know, I do not know why I did not think of that. My boys where nice dressy shorts to church in the summer,and it is perfectly acceptable. Why am I so concerned about this. Thanks for putting this into perspective. He will look dashing regardless. :)

I am really getting excited now. We are hours away. I am tired but I don't know how I am going to sleep.

We have packed the van, and I checked all the paperwork. I think we are just about ready.

:dance3:

The kids are all tucked in. I'm not sure if they will sleep tonight. Savannah keeps sneaking downstairs to see if it's time to go yet. :) I told her the quicker she goes to sleep the quicker morning will come. Zach will probably be asleep any minute. He had a busy week at camp and is exhausted.

Sat down with them at dinner and laid down the rules for the cruise. This should be interesting. I will go over the rules with them again on the way to the port.

Needless to say, we are ready to go. I will get up at 6:00am and get myself ready then wake up the kids get them dressed and feed them breakfast. Our goal is to be on the road by 7:00am.

I sure hope I can sleep tonight. I'm going to watch a little tv, cruise the internet and then head off to bed by ten. :lmao: Like that's going to happen. It looks like there will be no movie watching tonight. Sorry Johnny. :sad2:

So are ya ready????? :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm amazed, both Zach & Savannah are fast asleep. :woohoo: My husband is talking my ear off. :listen: Who's excited now?

It sure is going to be weird not checking these boards a million times a day. It will be nice though to put faces to everyone who has chatted here. I printed out the web page thegales did for us. Thanks again for doing that.

BTSEN5 said:
You know, I do not know why I did not think of that. My boys where nice dressy shorts to church in the summer,and it is perfectly acceptable. Why am I so concerned about this. Thanks for putting this into perspective. He will look dashing regardless. :)

I am really getting excited now. We are hours away. I am tired but I don't know how I am going to sleep.

We have packed the van, and I checked all the paperwork. I think we are just about ready.

:dance3:

I will try to check the boards one last time before I go to bed. If not, have a safe trip. If your nerves start kicking in have a few drinks, close your eyes and think of you know who. pirate:

Wow, this is really happening!! In just a few hours we will be :car: to the port and then boarding the ship!!! Time for a little :dancer: .

See ya'll soon!!!
:goofy: :mickeyjum :donald: :stitch: :tink:

Hi Buzz2, I have ateen DD15yr, and we will be on this cruise tomorrow, She has always attended all the club functions ans she loves it. This will be our 8th DCL Cruise. She always does the "wildside excursion" for teens on CC. She also is at the "Stack" teen club each night till closing. 2am. DD has met quite a number of friends on board, and alot them still stay in touch. In fact we are meeting a previous friend and her mother from NJ, at WDW after this cruise. Just tell your nephew to get involved, they have and great time and the councelors are fantastic! See you tomorrow! :wave:

sillykidsmom said:
The kids are all tucked in. I'm not sure if they will sleep tonight. Savannah keeps sneaking downstairs to see if it's time to go yet. :) I told her the quicker she goes to sleep the quicker morning will come. Zach will probably be asleep any minute. He had a busy week at camp and is exhausted.

Sat down with them at dinner and laid down the rules for the cruise. This should be interesting. I will go over the rules with them again on the way to the port.

Needless to say, we are ready to go. I will get up at 6:00am and get myself ready then wake up the kids get them dressed and feed them breakfast. Our goal is to be on the road by 7:00am.

I sure hope I can sleep tonight. I'm going to watch a little tv, cruise the internet and then head off to bed by ten. :lmao: Like that's going to happen. It looks like there will be no movie watching tonight. Sorry Johnny. :sad2:

So are ya ready????? :banana: :banana: :banana:

I AM READY!!! I am heading to bed to channel surf also. I am tired, but I have so many things going round and round. I hope that I sleep on the plane too. The boys are still awake. My oldest works until about midnight, so he will be a bear to wake up in the morning. The youngest is so excited that he will be sleeping with us.

I feel mentally exhausted. I never planned for such a vacation, It is the most tedious planning I have ever done, but it will be so worthwhile. I have had so much fun.

We are leaving the house at 6:15. I am getting up at 5. I will probably fall asleep at 3. :rotfl:

sillykidsmom said:
I will try to check the boards one last time before I go to bed. If not, have a safe trip. If your nerves start kicking in have a few drinks, close your eyes and think of you know who. pirate:

Wow, this is really happening!! In just a few hours we will be :car: to the port and then boarding the ship!!! Time for a little :dancer: .

See ya'll soon!!!
:goofy: :mickeyjum :donald: :stitch: :tink:

We all finally get to meet. I cannot wait to just see the ship!!!!!! I can't wait to see my son's face when HE sees the ship. Priceless.

sillykidsmom said:
I'm amazed, both Zach & Savannah are fast asleep. :woohoo: My husband is talking my ear off. :listen: Who's excited now?

It sure is going to be weird not checking these boards a million times a day. It will be nice though to put faces to everyone who has chatted here. I printed out the web page thegales did for us. Thanks again for doing that.

I wanted to print the list out, but now every time I go to the webpage for our cruise, it kicks me off the internet. It must be something to do with the sound.

Well, every one willhave to refresh my memory. I was hoping to study it on the way down and impress you all with my great knack for remembering names and kids names and where ya'll are from. Oh well, you will see how bad my memory really is. :rolleyes1

See ya'll tomorrow

BTSEN5 said:
We all finally get to meet. I cannot wait to just see the ship!!!!!! I can't wait to see my son's face when HE sees the ship. Priceless.

It is a Magical moment when the kids see the ship for the first time. I think I cried last year.

Alright, I am heading off to dreamland now. I can barely keep my eyes open.

Again, Safe travels to all!!!!!

BTSEN5 said:
I wanted to print the list out, but now every time I go to the webpage for our cruise, it kicks me off the internet. It must be something to do with the sound.

Well, every one willhave to refresh my memory. I was hoping to study it on the way down and impress you all with my great knack for remembering names and kids names and where ya'll are from. Oh well, you will see how bad my memory really is. :rolleyes1

See ya'll tomorrow

Too funny, that is exactly why I printed off the list!!! :rotfl: I will do my best to remember everyone's names. I just know tomorrow at three I will be looking for pink and lime green shirts on some of the people. Still haven't decided what I'm going to wear. I hope I didn't pack everything. Oopppss, I kept clothes out for the kids but forgot myself. Typical. Ok, seriously I'm going to sign off now.

See ya'll soon!!

I guess everyone is on their way. I just checked the Cape Canveral camera, and I can see the bow of the Magic. It looks like a beautiful day. But then again, I can look out the window and see the same thing!

Off the breakfast in a few minutes.

And then off to the shuttle and the cruise.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I guess I'm late getting here. Arrived at the cape yesterday and met some new friends who refered me here. See veryone on the ship!

I was only able to get a few shots on the Rad cam for you guys (someone didn't know how to use the webcam :( ) & the Coaco Beach one isn't working today. :( I am all ready for the Two Palms cam though. I would be happy to email them to anyone who would like them. :)

Have a MAGICal week!!!

7-15.jpg

Hello everyone!!!

Well we made it home safe and sound. It was great to meet everyone and we look forward to chatting with ya'll some more. I have to say I'm totally exhusted. The laundry is already going and we are now getting ready to celebrate Savannah's birthday.

I hope everyone had a great vacation!!!!

Tracy

As sad as it was the leave the Magic (although it seemed like they didn't want to let us off), it's good to be home. It's only been about 15 minutes so nothing but the rum is unpacked :cool1: . Trying to figure out who is going to serve us tonight. We've been without food for more than 2 hours so we are starving!!

It was great to meet everyone, hope you all had a great time! We became DVC members onboard. Hopefully that means we will get to cruise again soon! My only regret was that this cruise wasn't a double dip. I liked Grand Cayman, not too impressed with Cozumel. The rain at CC was a bummer too, thankfully it stopped. Even without direct sunshine dh got a burn.

Can't wait to hear about everyone's trip. I also have been taking notes so I can post a trip report.

Kelli

Hi everyone,

We made it home at about 5:30. Our 2:30 flight (yes, how dumb was that?) was delayed an hour. I was very nervous about this flight, so I packed some stash in my purse...the little bottles of rum I did not finish due to all those drinks of the day....and had a drink before boarding. It was an okay flight, but very sad to leave.

We watched Remember the Magic ( I think) last night, I cried. We went to debark, and they were playing what sounded like the music from the same show, I cried. I think I am all cried out now.

It was so nice to meet all of you. I ran into a few over the course of the week and it was very nice to see familiar faces.

Thank you Gales for the refreshments. That was so nice of you. I am looking so forward to our next cruise. Tonight though I feel 10 years older and 5 sizes larger. :rolleyes: Wonder how that happened.

Thanks VM for the picture of Two Palms! I will take it and put it on our Cruise web page.

We got home at 8:00 pm tonight. I think we were some of the last people off the ship. With the delay, we went up to Studio Sea with FD_Chief's family to hang out. One of the CM came in and put on some music. I think we finally walked off at about 9:30. Because we were so late, the Radisson Shuttle was starting to bring the new folks over, so we had to wait a bit. We caught up with some other friends in the Radisson holding area. We the exception of the sun, it really was not bad waiting. It just allowed us to enjoy the Magic of the cruise a bit longer.

It was great to meet everyone and see you all during the week. We booked the Thanksgiving 2007 Wonder cruise while on board. We still have a deposit for a seven day cruise (currently scheduled for last week of April). We will probably move it to the summer of 2008.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter